HUD Design Feedback Thread

Hey everyone, 

For those of you who play on the Clone Wars, you would have seen the new HUD that was rolled out. We have already seen some initial feedback regarding the redesign and wish for everyone who plays on either server to have input on what they would like to see. 

For reference, the current HUD on the Clone Wars is:
image.thumb.png.61982631de45496419835f02ebb72e2d.png

The Previous HUD (Current on Imperial RP) looks as follows: 
image.thumb.png.a63ecdf59d0a30c71e111d37b1431581.png

We are also currently looking at is allowing more customisation, similar to what has been introduced for the current Clone Wars HUD, please let us know if this is something you would like to be expanded upon further.

Feel free to comment on this thread with your thoughts about the HUD design, we are looking for actual feedback however, comments such as "HUD looks like crap" don't assist us in designing the best possible options. Please also leave some suggestions what you would like to have appear on your screen, Defcon, ammo / reserve, compass etc. 

Looking forward to hearing your feedback! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
  • s8n featured this topic

Few suggestions/ideas that could help :
image.png.303bd7590d43be8e331039219620988a.png
This is what I currently have my health bar saved as, 93.5 but after relogging it doesn't save as 93.5. 
image.png.0ca20e9de94e56b7779c6212ce389a63.png
-Adding options to change both the health bar and climbswep bar position (If this can be done)

Summary Points :
-Add options to possibly move climbswep bar
-Be able to safe numbers like 93.5 
-Add your health number into actual white bar section. (Optional)
-Add EXP to the blue EXP bar (Optional)
-Possibly add more design/options to players liking.

• Like 7
  • +1 1
  • Wow 1
  • it is too simple , it gives very little info on what your health is as  it just says 100 like 100 what . 
  • it doesn't give you any info on your XP it is just a line add what the old HUD had.
  • the color choice is very bad like why  is it white leave as black , and add borders to make more prominent.  
  • why was old the HUD replaced it was really cool and functional. 
  • Have an option to change it back to old one because the old one is much better than this one 
    Overall make look better and add more info to it because why is it here if it only really tells us your Health
Edited by Thunder/Dallas
tried to make it clearer
  • Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • Wow 1

Not a fan of the simple design. Other one had a kind of futuristic feel to it. Personally am not a fan of the mic icon being shown. Kinda feels like a pointless inclusion. Depending how good the customisation is though it could make up for it  (especially if you can adjust the size). As it stands though, much more of a fan of the old design.

Suggestions (if changing back to the old design isn't in the cards):
- Add the option to have the defcon displayed
- Add a option to have the mic removed
- Maybe don't make the HP so rectangular. Some cool angled sides might make it look a bit more slick
- Compress the compass (or add an option to make it smaller)

For me it really depends how much customisation is going to be added. A lot of these issues could be fixed with some good customisations but as it stands, old one just feels so much more cleaner.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Railgun said:

Not a fan of the simple design. Other one had a kind of futuristic feel to it. Personally am not a fan of the mic icon being shown. Kinda feels like a pointless inclusion. Depending how good the customisation is though it could make up for it  (especially if you can adjust the size). As it stands though, much more of a fan of the old design.

Suggestions (if changing back to the old design isn't in the cards):
- Add the option to have the defcon displayed
- Add a option to have the mic removed
- Maybe don't make the HP so rectangular. Some cool angled sides might make it look a bit more slick
- Compress the compass (or add an option to make it smaller)

For me it really depends how much customisation is going to be added. A lot of these issues could be fixed with some good customisations but as it stands, old one just feels so much more cleaner.

I'm pretty sure Nay and Akali already made a really slick design but it was tossed out, would like to see their work in comparison to this proposal. May prove to be what we're looking for.

Edited by Domino
  • Like 2
  • +1 1
  • Love 1

For Jedi it is a lot nicer not having overlapping HUD's. However, I think too much has been sacrificed in the name of simplicity:

- Please show the XP numbers and your level, the bar is arbitrary and provides little insight.
- While I think the distance indicator itself is functional, the microphone icon is unnecessary. Furthermore it overlaps with the indicator on the right screen showing who's speaking thus making it redundant.

- Add contrast.

Edited by Coric
Clarity
  • Like 1

Don't really play jedi anymore but I agree with Coric on making sure the UI doesn't get obstructed.

The new one is also very oversimplified, I liked the bits of detail of the old one.

One thing I dislike about the HUD though thats continuous, moving away from the healthbar, is the compass. Sometimes when the skybox is bright you can't read the compass, so adding some kind of backing to it would go a long way to keep it readable (eg. a semi-transparent shadow behind it).

Also bring back defcon.

My opinions:
- The old one is fine, just make sure jedi UIs don't obstruct it, maybe move it to the side and alter the shapes slightly to be a left/right side healthbar / give options to move it

- Fix the compass by giving it some kind of background so it doesn't get obstructed.

- bring back defcon

Edited by Aldis
defcon
  • Like 2