• Current in-game alias/rank:

R-98 / Staff Sergeant 1313 Swift
  • Previous Notable Names/Ranks/Positions

Senior Admin / SCAR CO / Kom'rk Skirata
  • Steam ID:

STEAM_0:0:123780698
  • Steam Profile Link:

• List your current playtime (in hours) on our Clone Wars RP server:

• What is your age? (Minimum of 14 years of age.)

• Do you have any active warnings? (Confirm with a staff member if unsure):

• TeamSpeak is an essential platform used by all staff members to communicate to each other and the community. A majority of your presence (including activity) will be determined by your availability on TeamSpeak. Do you have it installed?

Yes
  • What made you decide to join the staff team? What are your intentions with the staffing role and it's in-game abilities and power?

I have been staff for the majority of my time on Gateway and have always enjoyed it. I intend of bringing my senior knowledge of staff to the server and staff team. I aim to increase the amount of RP that is happening on the server by working with other staff members as well as the general player base to create small RP situations or mini events.
  • In a minimum of 50 words, express if and / or how you enjoy helping others? Also include how this will transfer into the staffing role if achieved.

I always have gone out of my way to help people with building, conducting training sessions, RP ETC. As I've been playing Gateway for a few years now I know how to do most of the basic things involved with RPing well, If I wasn't going out of my way to do this I feel like all of the knowledge I have of these things would be wasted.
  • In a minimum of 50 words, if given a trial phase, how will you impact the community and what benefits will you bring to the staff team?

If I was to achieve TMOD it would be a lot easier for me to help people with the things previously stated as the ticket system works well for asking any questions or expressing any need for help to a staff member. Staff chat also does this well as I would be able to answer most questions that would be asked by members of the staff team.
  • Do you understand that as a member of the Staff Team, your position may be subject to change and / or termination should you not be performing to a given standard? This standard is varied, although a minimum of 20 hours per week is strongly advised. Do you understand that your application’s comments from other staff members are encouraged to be directed as harsh constructive criticism only and should never be intended to insult or discourage?

Yes
  • Disclaimer - Be advised, extremely low effort answers for the following questions will result in your application to be either put on hold until a better standard is reached, or outwrite deleted. Please refer to previously accepted applications or ask a current staff member to then influence your own unique response. (Any forged responses will result in a denied application)

Yes
  • A user is RDMing and insulting other users. You are the only staff available to deal with the situation. What do you do?

Firstly I would use !administrate ^ (If TMOD I would ask a staff member for this) & !goto “name” to see the user RDMing/abusing players then to find a secluded location for the sit to take place. After I would use !tp “name” followed by !steamid @ to grab his ID which would allow me to warn/ban him if he left while in the sit. If the user was verbally abusing me I would use !gag @ in order for me to clearly communicate with him. I would then explain to the user that RDMing and being disrespectful to other players within our community is breaching 2 of our rules and that I need to warn him for this. I would then use /logs in order to see if he had Mass RDMed 4 or more people then issue him a warning using !warn for RDM/Mass RDM | Player Abuse.
  • A user has contested a warn you have given him and proceeds to verbally abuse you, what do you do?

Firstly I would find a quiet place to talk to the user by using !Administrate then !tp ”name” to bring the user. I would explain to him why he was warned and what he had done to get the warning calmly. If the user began to verbally abuse me I would ask him to stop or be given another warning, If he continued I would use !gag in order for me to explain my side of the story and clearly communicate why he was warned to him. I would warn him again using !warn for “verbal abuse of a staff member” and explain that If he was genuine about having his warn removed this isn’t the way to go about it.
  • A user has threatened to DDos and take down the server. What do you do?

A DDos threat is a very serious thing for an online community and cannot be joked about. I would inform a senior staff member immediately and issue them a permanent ban using !ban steamid permanent for “DDos threat and include that they may appeal it on the forums.”
  • A Commander and Lieutenant are arguing in front of debrief. It is getting quite heated. The context to the argument is unknown to you. What do you do?

Firstly I would use !gag on both of them in order for the debrief to continue then !tp them to a quiet area and !ungag one to get their side of the story, If he began to verbally abuse the other player I would !gag them again and warn them that if this continued they would be given a warning before taking one of them to a separate area to get both sides of the story peacefully before trying to resolve the argument and ask them to stay away from one another for a while before using !return on them.
  • A Cadet has been complaining and wandering around because he hasn't been trained yet. He doesn't appear to have any intent to role play. What do you do?

I would firstly use !administrate and !tp to return him to the cadet room then train the cadet myself, this way I would be able to see if he truly was a minge or not. If he clearly was not on the server to RP I would inform him that we are an RP server and do not tolerate minges. If he continued to minge I would use !warn and issue him a warning for no intent to RP, If he passed his training without issue I would whitelist him to Clone Trooper. If he turned out to just be a minge I would !kick him for the same reason. If the user joined back and did the same thing I would !ban user as he obviously wasn't on the server for RP and to only cause trouble.

You see a higher ranking staff member abuse their powers. What do you do?

I would record the staff member before asking them to stop abusing or I would need to report them, if they continued I would report them to a member of managment.

A user has been given tools for training. You discover they are abusing their tools by prop killing. What do you do?

I would issue the user a warning for tool abuse, if this wasn't their first incidentwith tool abuse I would consult a higher up about a tool ban.
  • An accessible clipboard (copy and paste) for this template is linked here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k2E37US8rKo7UgSQweH0acN0iC9xmZUiL02yzlBEslU/edit?usp=sharing

No
  • +1 10
  • Love 1

"GOOD ON YA MATE!"

Nice app man, and a great guy, easy to get along with, he deserves the position 🙂 Best of luck chogga!

+1

Pluto

Edited by Pluto
  • Love 1

Choog has been in both Imperial and Clone Wars staff team and has always done well in his position. I believe he'll do well again if given the chance in the team again. Best of luck with your application Choog. +1

• Love 1

Choog you've come and gone from the server a few times but have made a hefty return as of recent. You've been putting in the work and showing that you are a capable and decent candidate for the position once again. You did well as staff on Imperial and CW before your transfer. I'd say get yourself out there a bit more with the wider community, but being an ARC trainee does make it kind of hard in your ongoing vow of silence. I've had nothing but positive experiences with yourself you are a very friendly bloke who likes to have a good time and hold the community in good spirits.

+1, Good luck on your application brother.

• Love 1

The veterans are coming back to play! Good times, good times...

Choog, I may not know you that much mate but despite your efforts that you've put to the server, you are much dedicated of being a moderator and is willing to partake that role once again. I am willing to see how well you go mate, good luck and stay  frosty!

+1

• Love 1

Application Denied

You are welcome to re-apply in one month.

If you wish to gain reasoning and feedback, reach out to me.

• Pab locked this topic