Macka - CW: Trial Moderator Application

• Current in-game alias/rank:

Warrant officer A-97 “Macka” ARC / Warrant officer S-L Jaeger Republic starfighter corps
  • Previous Notable Names/Ranks/Positions

S-L Macka Flight Commander, Moderator
  • Steam ID:

STEAM_0:1:149114446
  • Steam Profile Link:

• List your current playtime (in hours) on our Clone Wars RP server:

• What is your age? (Minimum of 14 years of age.)

• Do you have any active warnings? (Confirm with a staff member if unsure):

• TeamSpeak is an essential platform used by all staff members to communicate to each other and the community. A majority of your presence (including activity) will be determined by your availability on TeamSpeak. Do you have it installed?

Yes
  • What made you decide to join the staff team? What are your intentions with the staffing role and it's in-game abilities and power?

I have put my application in to return to staff because I think it is the next step I can take to help players in the community on the CW server TeamSpeak and Discord. I Have been on the server for a year now spending 8 months as a moderator and I really enjoyed helping people even with the simple things like giving them tools.
  • In a minimum of 50 words, express if and / or how you enjoy helping others? Also include how this will transfer into the staffing role if achieved.

Helping players in the community is something that I did for 8 months on the server and I enjoyed helping where I could in every situation from the small things like getting people unstuck from walls to dealing with Sits that have broken server rules whatever that could have been.
  • In a minimum of 50 words, if given a trial phase, how will you impact the community and what benefits will you bring to the staff team?

I would try to impact the community in a positive way by being friendly and professional. Also, l would benefit the staff team because of my experience like previously stated I was in the staff team for 8 months, knowing ULX commands and how situations are done I would also be able to give tips and suggestions were it would be needed.
  • Do you understand that as a member of the Staff Team, your position may be subject to change and / or termination should you not be performing to a given standard? This standard is varied, although a minimum of 20 hours per week is strongly advised. Do you understand that your application’s comments from other staff members are encouraged to be directed as harsh constructive criticism only and should never be intended to insult or discourage?

Yes
  • Disclaimer - Be advised, extremely low effort answers for the following questions will result in your application to be either put on hold until a better standard is reached, or outwrite deleted. Please refer to previously accepted applications or ask a current staff member to then influence your own unique response. (Any forged responses will result in a denied application)

Yes
  • A user is RDMing and insulting other users. You are the only staff available to deal with the situation. What do you do?

I would first go to a quiet location then I would !goto (player, the Victim) To see if the user RDMing is still shooting people if So I would Phygun and pull him to a quiet location and Either Ban or Warn depending on how bad to was. if the user wasn't with the Victim i would get his side of the story and !return after i would check !logs to make sure i have all the information about the situation Such as if the reported user did RDM, Next I would !bring the user that was reported to a different Quiet location and use my Phygun to freeze them to prevent the user from Running off, next i would ask them why did he RDM and get the user side of the story. If he started to verbally abuse me I would !gag (Name). Next I would !Bring the Victim and talk to them Both, after i would Check !logs again and !warn (Name) (RDM) the user that RDMed, and remind him of the rules on the server, !Return and would keep and eye on him for the next 15 minutes, if he proceeds to RDM again Then i would firstly !warn (Name) (RDM) [BAN] than would !Ban (Name) (4320 minutes) (RDM X2)
  • A user has contested a warn you have given him and proceeds to verbally abuse you, what do you do?

If the user is verbally abusing me and contesting the warn i would firstly take them to a quiet location using !bring and tell them to calm down and relax, if the player is still verbally abusing me i would !Gag ( If i'm in Trial Mod stage i would ask someone in staff chat if they can !gag the user). Then I would ask the user why he thinks the warning was wrongly given. I would quickly Listen and acknowledge If the user has Calmed down then i would !ungag him, If he continues to Verbally abuse me then i would !warn (Name) (Reason). However, if He has calmed down I would Ask for A senior Staff in staff chat to get a third perspective and use them to see if I was correct or not. Then it would be handled by the Senior Staff Depending on what they thought.
  • A user has threatened to DDos and take down the server. What do you do?

DDos cannot be taken Lightly, so I would first inform Senior staff using Staff chat Or TeamSpeak Then i would immediately !ban (Name) (permanent) (Threatening DDos/Appeal On the Forms) The User Permanently from then server
  • A Commander and Lieutenant are arguing in front of debrief. It is getting quite heated. The context to the argument is unknown to you. What do you do?

Firstly I would verbally tell them to stop arguing in front of debriefing, If they haven’t stopped arguing i would !bring both of them To a quiet location and Ask them what the issue is. If they are still arguing i would give them a verbal warning to stop and then !gag Them and !ungag them at separate times to hear each side of the story, Then I would try to solve the Argument as peacefully as possible and the !return both users Back.
  • A Cadet has been complaining and wandering around because he hasn't been trained yet. He doesn't appear to have any intent to role play. What do you do?

I would firstly go in !administrate and !goto the users to see if he is in the cadet room if he is not then i would !bring him back to the cadet room and tell him he has to be patient and a SGT+ will be with him shortly, then I would ask in /ooc if a SGT+ could go to the cadet room cadet needs training. If no SGT+ goes I would select one at random and !bring him to the cadet room. If the cadet is showing no interest and being mingy while the SGT is training him and does not show and no intent to roleplay then i would !warn (Name) (NITRP) If he keeps on going further than i would !Kick (name) (NITRP).

You see a higher ranking staff member abuse their powers. What do you do?

I would shadow play the incident and get evidence on !slogs and /logs then send it to managment.

A user has been given tools for training. You discover they are abusing their tools by prop killing. What do you do?

I would first strip their tools and then take them to a quiet spot, next I would check /logs to see who has been killed and depending on how severe, the user would recieve a tool ban for an appropriate amount of time or if it was worse the user would recieve a !ban from the server.
  • An accessible clipboard (copy and paste) for this template is linked here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k2E37US8rKo7UgSQweH0acN0iC9xmZUiL02yzlBEslU/edit?usp=sharing

Yes
  • Like 1
  • +1 11

First of all this app is epic, Macka I can say that you deserve a place in staff and can say you are a trusted member of the community, You are a close friend to me and from spending all the months of being your friend knowing you are a good person, When Macka was in staff before he was a Very Active staff member, always taking mod tickets and sits, you simply already know how to be a staff member, with that wall said my dear friend, I wish you the best luck, +1

From Rat To ARC boy Macka

Edited by Ratinson
  • Love 2

Macka Macka Macka.... Its good tht you want to come back to the mod team and i reckon you will be a good person to have back. One thing i want u to work on so we dont lose you is to know that  "Theres a fine line between right and wrong". What im trying to say is try not to get too mingy  and know when to stop yourself when needed, but best wishes and come back already.

Come back my Kanye West guy!

Edited by Shadowz
  • Love 1

Macka has been one of the more active members of the community and in regards to which he was removed the last time was a bit unfortunate . But regardless, Macka has always been an alright staff member to me. Your application is quite textbook, and shows your experience within the team. I just hope the past mistakes won't be made by you if you get a chance back at the team. Besides that, I'd be glad to have you back in the team. +1

• Love 1

Before commenting on a mod app - Please make sure that your comment is relevant the application and the applicant's performance in game. Comments that have no relation to either will be removed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Mackais well known and is one of the most trustworthy person in this community and has been one of the most helpful and caring staff member to members and newcomers to this community in his previous days as staff, I believe Macka will be an great asset back into the staff team +1 (Goodluck)

Edited by Akali
  • Love 1

Hey Macka just to start it off, your application is fine but its not the main thing you're being judged on here. Main comments you've already found is due to your behaviour and past actions. My personal belief is you did a good job as staff previously when applying yourself but were unfortunately let go due to stupid mistakes and having examples being set. I know you can do well as staff and are more than worth getting a 2nd chance at it. Just need to show us the commitment and drive like you once had in the past. This community is all about 2nd chances and I'm keen to see what you show us going forward, you've already displayed great improvements in attitude and professionalism and have seemed to have learned from your mistakes.

+1 Good luck on your application.

• Love 1
  • Pab locked this topic

Application Denied

You are welcome to re-apply in one month.

If you wish to gain reasoning and feedback, reach out to me.