IMP: Stormtrooper Commander EOI

INFORMATION

Imperial High Command have decided that it's time to officially announce that we're looking for someone to take up the mantle of Stormtrooper Commander. The role regarding this has gone through some changes, and we are currently looking for a suitable candidate to step into the mantle of a new players first experience on the server. As the Stormtrooper Commander, it is expected of you to be on good terms with the existing roster of Commanders and by extension those in Imperial High Command, have a positive standing on the server and maintain a helpful approach considering your role and treatment of the Stormtrooper Corps. This role will be treated with flexibility, and it is expected of you to apply with an idea of where to take the Stormtrooper Corps. The form is listed below.

APPLICATION DETAILS

Name & In-game Alias:

Previous Notable Roles on GatewayGaming:

Highest Rank Achieved:

GG Imperial Server Playtime:

QUESTIONS

What should the role of a Stormtrooper Commander entail?:

What can you bring to the role?:

Why should we pick you over other applicants?:

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1
  • s8n changed the title to IMP: Stormtrooper Commander EOI
  • s8n featured this topic

INFORMATION

Imperial High Command have decided that it's time to officially announce that we're looking for someone to take up the mantle of Stormtrooper Commander. The role regarding this has gone through some changes, and we are currently looking for a suitable candidate to step into the mantle of a new players first experience on the server. As the Stormtrooper Commander, it is expected of you to be on good terms with the existing roster of Commanders and by extension those in Imperial High Command, have a positive standing on the server and maintain a helpful approach considering your role and treatment of the Stormtrooper Corps. This role will be treated with flexibility, and it is expected of you to apply with an idea of where to take the Stormtrooper Corps. The form is listed below.

APPLICATION DETAILS

Name & In-game Alias: Keyz  - Master Sergeant SK-6250 Keyz

Previous Notable Roles on GatewayGaming: Purge Commander x1 - Purge 2ic 2x

Highest Rank Achieved: Captain (Without getting promoted cos of 2ic or CO) = Master Sergeant

GG Imperial Server Playtime: 8days

QUESTIONS

What should the role of a Stormtrooper Commander entail?: I believe the role of ST CO should be the role of guiding new players on how the game and server work guiding them to other regiments if they desire a fun exciting role but for the main part just giving ST's roles and things to do while keeping that friendly welcoming role model.

What can you bring to the role?: I am a very easy fun person to talk to and have my experience in leading i do mess around quite abit but i am constantly trying to prove my worth and that i can be serious and the person that people want as a role model 

Why should we pick you over other applicants?: I am friends with alot of people i am constantly getting around talking to people and i believe that makes me a well known player i provide alot of fun and RP situations i am constantly looking for new roles in the server i am obviously a loyal member of gateway and constantly talk to staff and Devs about ideas i believe everyone should get a chance for what they desire its all about the fun and experience for the players Thank you for reading my Application if you need to contact me message me on the forums or my discord Cody.#6530

• -1 9
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

Name & In-game Alias:
Praetorian | Orson Krennic

Commander Krennic
Major General Caesar

Highest Rank Achieved:
Major General

~250-300

QUESTIONS

What should the role of a Stormtrooper Commander entail?:

Stormtroopers have a versatile and unique potential both within their strict lore sense and within the context of the server. Unlike the unassigned Clone-trooper, canonically the Storm Corp were not the rank and file of the Imperial War Machine, instead an elite organization of devout followers willing to sacrifice their lives in pursuit of victory.  As it currently stands I am under the firm belief that stormtroopers are under utilized, a body of troopers that need to move on to other things. If done properly, the Storm Corps has show-stealing capacity. A Storm Commander needs to be fresh and easy-going, able to engage with the newest members of the community to snap them into an attitude bywhich they work with the unit and others in a functional capacity. This is fundamentally the core value that the Storm Commander should uphold, the operational ORGANIZATION of both those within their ranks and relations with the wider garrison. This means that a cohesive unit is formed readily able to adapt and engage an objective. 

The Storm Corps has the incredible responsibility of an unregulated player cap, and management of new players. The commander should serve two primary interests;
1)  To hold those who are willing and interested to remain within the Storm Corps to a high standard - trained, cooperative & sternly punished for mingery - , and organised effectively upholding a rigid unit structure akin to that of the 501st. Effectively, turn those who want to remain into a fierce squad and legitimate regiment (for more detail on the specific regiment organisation, do contact me).
2) Importantly, the Commander must be engaged and up-to-date with recruitment protocols of other divisions and act as guide and advisor to the individuals strengths directing those who have interest into the appropriate regiments. With the recent influx of recruits, this is more important than ever.

In a concise verison; I seek to turn the Storm Corps into a viable front-line regiment. I will utilize the plethora of sub-companies, and my experience to uphold a position which encourages the newest members of the community to commit and enjoy an adaptable squad environment either within STs or within other divisions.

I have held numerous positions throughout my time with Gateway's Imperial server. I've had numerous opportunities to overhaul and work with passive-rp regiments, and in the conditions by-which I found myself in an active regiment I am confident my experience and ideas were able to overhaul and improve the fundamental unit organization and enjoyability for those within. Additionally, I have held numerous positions of interest on a plethora of other servers which has granted a unique perspective as to how regiments should run effectively within a server of this capacity. I would place special importance on this unique vision as it will allow members of the gateway community to connect with a new form of regimental organization.

More importantly, I would define myself as a quite approachable and easy to get along with individual. This is PARAMOUNT for a position of this kind, as members new to the community will more times than not be working along-side the ST Commander for their first experience within the community.  I do, aswell, hold a specific understanding of most divisions which will allow me to provide unbias and clear-cut advice to new members who seek to experience certain elements of roleplay that we offer.

Lastly, I would wholeheartedly say I am a good leader. I have had plenty of opportunity (as clearly stated) to build my understand of the format, and how best to grant roleplay and build cohesion within subordinates. I feel as if my tact, experience and drive would overhaul this role and provide gateway with a excessively effective front-line regiment to add to the list.

This question is quite similar to the previous, and thus I will keep this concise. I feel as if I have proved myself to be an example for testing new ideas within the gateway context. I have hosted a variety of unheard ideas and unlike many others, I am unwavering in my defence of testing a new idea. This is not to say I am unwilling to recognise feedback, as especially with a position with such exposure as this, responding to said feedback is very important especially when trying to find the footing of a new regiment.

As stated before, I have the experience, goal and drive to rebuild the position of Storm Commander into a functional operational unit of the server. Most importantly, I believe that this inherent organisation will provide the greatest experience and yield for those within and those interacting with members of the Storm Corps.

Edited by Praetorian
  • -1 8
  • +1 14

APPLICATION DETAILS

Name & In-game Alias:
Wumba/7676-Wumba

IC-2088 ZagSeyn Marana and 2IC of 703rd and Purge.

Highest Rank Achieved:

Officer Cadet

5d11h47m

QUESTIONS

What should the role of a Stormtrooper Commander entail?:
The Storm Trooper commander is the guide to all new players. Their role is to teach ST's the ropes of Star wars RP, keep them in check and to help them find their regiment. They can also act as trainers for other regiments and can keep all regiments at peak performance by hosting training. The ST commander is a very important asset as they can make sure that the whole server is running like a well oiled machine and makes sure everyone is at their best when it come to RP and PVE.

I have been at the rank of 2IC so I understand what I need to do in order to command and I want to make sure that the people who join have fun. Being an event master I know how to get people engaged with RP and being active on the server, so I would strive to make ST's focus in both aspects of the server. Both the RP and PVE.

As an event master and a commander I would make ST's perform RP as well as standard training so that they are well versed in both fields when they decided what regiment to go for. I would actively engage with other CO's so that I know what is happening with the regiment so I can make more informed decisions for where to send new people so they get the most fun out of their time on this server. I want to see this server thrive and get more and more people on so we can have more fun moments together as a community. I would also focus on making St's a more frontline regiment for those who decide to stay and make sure they are always engaging with the event, making them guard IHC or POW's, have them assist shock with maintaining a front line or even having them secure ground further ahead of the main force so the St's can feel like they are accomplishing something more than just killing.
Currently 501st is the only regiment who have all types of sub regiments. So I would want to introduce a demolitions unit to ST's as well so that those who want to experience what all the different sub regiments are like. But it the sub regiments would be harder to get into, first you must prove you are trust worthy, second you must pass a tryout and third you must be on for 3 events with supervision to make sure you don't abuse the role. I would also limit each sub regiment to 2 people a sub reg so that people cant over fill the server with snipers and heavies. As event master as well i would like to send ST's on operations with other regiments so that they can see what that regiment operates like in the field, get them some hands on experience.

• -1 3
  • +1 5
  • s8n locked and unfeatured this topic