Jump to content

Kippy - IMP: Trial Moderator Application


Recommended Posts

  • Current in-game alias/rank:


    Major SK-6210 'Kippy'
  • Previous Notable Names/Ranks/Positions


    DT-07 | CPL
  • Steam ID:


    STEAM_0:0:229746912
  • Steam Profile Link:

     
  • List your current playtime (in hours) on our Imperial RP server:


    134
  • What is your age? (Minimum of 14 years of age.)


    17
  • How well known are you on a scale of 1-10?


    7
  • Do you have Teamspeak 3 installed?


    Yes
  • Do you enjoy helping other people?


    Yes
  • Are you willing to test your stress?


    Yes
  • Do you believe you're able to deal with individuals and situations in a completely unbiased manner?


    Yes
  • Do you have any problems with any of our current staff members?


    No
  • Are you willing to learn new ways to approach situations?


    Yes
  • Do you have any active warns?


    No
  • How will you becoming a moderator impact our community?


    I Have been a staff member on another community for around 2 years, 1 year as a EM and another as a MOD [Also a TS Support member for around 2 years]. I believe I can bring a lot of knowledge, wisdom and insight into many scenarios/issues that may arise when playing on the server. I think the community would benefit me and I would benefit it, in the case that I would get to know a lot more people and help them with there questions/issues/conflicts and even PC related issues. It is also good to note that MOD's are a prime example/role model on any server and when new people join the server you should always show them the ropes and lead them down the correct path. (Also my knowledge of ULX Commands is handy is well)
  • Do you understand that as a member of the Staff Team, your position may be subject to change and / or termination should you not be performing to the degree stipulated? Do you also understand that a staff role is one that comes with the expectation of commiting time to helping the users of the server (Up to 20 hours a week)?


    Yes
  • A user is RDMing and insulting other users. You are the only staff available to deal with the situation. What do you do?


    As being a TMOD my staff powers would be limited but I would still be able to deal with the scenario. First I would check Logs to ensure that the ticket lines up with what has been happening and if the user is insulting other users that is just blatant if it was in OOC, but if it were in PM's I would contact the ticket maker and attempt to get any evidence. I would !Bring the Perpetrator to me and freeze him and if everything had lined up with the previous statements I would explain to him what he has done and how he has breached 2 Server rules and that this sort of behavior is unacceptable on this community. After our chat I would then proceed to place a Warn for his Punishments RDM x (The Amount) | Bullying, and also place him on a ban but as I cannot hand out a extensive ban I would contact a Senior Mod+ to help extend the ban as Bullying and RDM have no toleration on the server.
  • A user has contested a warn you have given him and proceeds to verbally abuse you, what do you do?


    If the user makes a fair point then I would get a Third party to mediate the situation, I Would also explain to him why the warning was given and what he did to receive said warning and explain to him how his actions were wrong but if he refuses to agree with it I would seek help from a Senior Mod. Regarding the Verbal abuse I would explain to him if he continues the disrespect and abuse that he can receive a extra warn for Staff Disrespect and that he will also receive a Kick and that he should join back when he is willing to comply. If he joins back and continues this behavior I would simply grab someone with more power/authority then me and give them any evidence/videos of the scenario and explain to the higher ranked staff member that he is continuing these actions and has NITRP therefore his Third Warn would be given and I believe a 3 day ban would need to be placed. (hopefully his actions stop after the Warn+Kick)
  • A user has threatened to DDos and take down the server. What do you do?


    I Would Straight away Warn and Ban the Player and Get in Contact with a High Ranking Staff to Extend the ban and Take All the Evidence I can to pass it on.

    The Command would be !Ban NAME then the time in order to keep him off while I get in contact with someone Higher up
  • A Commander and Lieutenant are arguing in front of debrief. It is getting quite heated. The context to the argument is unknown to you. What do you do?


    I Would simply pull them both aside to somewhere that isn't public and begin to ask them one by one what is the situation and begin to grasp my head around why they are arguing, then I would explain to them how arguing in front of everyone doesn't look good and that whatever the situation maybe it can be solved more diplomatically instead of straight calling each other out. Hopefully they both understand and only a Verbal talking to is all they needed but if they persist and continue there argument then it could lead to a Warn for Failure to comply with staff directions and hopefully a warn is all they need to straighten up there act. I would also hold on to both statements of the users to ensure I have it for future reference.
  • A Cadet has been complaining and wandering around because he hasn't been trained yet. He doesn't appear to have any intent to role play. What do you do?


    I Would first !goto the recruit and explain to him in a kind matter that there will be a SGT+ to come and train you shortly and that he wont be waiting to long as I would call for a SGT+ or one will be bought. But if he doesn't have intent to RP I would watch over him while he is being trained and even after that to ensure he isn't doing anything that might affect other users while on the server. If he is being mingy and not complying with the training that is being given to him then I would advise that the Recruit shouldn't be put through just yet as he might be a Nuisance to others and that I would !Warn @ NITRP, if he persists in his course of action I would freeze him and explain to him to revise over the server rules and come back once he has done so. Hopefully a !Kick is all they need to get there act straight.
Edited by Kippy
Link to comment

Gday Kippy. First off I'm going off your actions and the way you act ingame for this one. 
 

You seem to be very easily annoyed, short tempered and, i dont want to say bias but you're directory. You display against people that may negatively impact yourself or the small amount of those around you. An example of this was the first day I returned to the server, you raised your tone in a negative way, dribbling shit about how its no ones business and was disrespectful. One can always say "you need to earn respect" but as a co to 'newer' players you should be acting as if you were trying to recruit them. I don't really believe you're up for the role of staff at this time, and do believe you should focus on your impression to the overall community. 

 

On 8/22/2021 at 2:16 PM, Kippy said:

List your current playtime (in hours) on our Imperial RP server:


  • 96

gametracker - on all your four most recent steam names, your hours add up to approx. 79.74. Unless this is inaccurate.

 

 

UPDATE -

Your attitude towards situations and handling them are disgusting. As a Shock CO and a player on display especially with a Staff App up, you should be trying to communicate and come to resolutions peacefully without resulting to kicking screaming and guns blazing. The example of simply saying "just ooc man" caused you to go ape shit into a rage of "SHUT UP SHUT UP YOURE IN CHARACTER SHUT UP!" and that is just not only gross but would be a terrible sight to see as apart of staff. 

-1

Edited by Rambo
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Rambo said:

Gday Kippy. First off I'm going off your actions and the way you act ingame for this one. 
 

You seem to be very easily annoyed, short tempered and, i dont want to say bias but you're directory. You display against people that may negatively impact yourself or the small amount of those around you. An example of this was the first day I returned to the server, you raised your tone in a negative way, dribbling shit about how its no ones business and was disrespectful. One can always say "you need to earn respect" but as a co to 'newer' players you should be acting as if you were trying to recruit them. I don't really believe you're up for the role of staff at this time, and do believe you should focus on your impression to the overall community. -1

 

gametracker - on all your four most recent steam names, your hours add up to approx. 79.74. Unless this is inaccurate.

Thanks for the response, If you could give me an example of this 'Short Temper' and Bias Directory that would be much appreciated. I would also like to ask what this Dribbling shit thing was about as I have not got a clue of what you a referencing to?

Edited by Kippy
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, Kippy said:

Thanks for the response, If you could give me an example of this 'Short Temper' and Bias Directory that would be much appreciated. I would also like to ask what this Dribbling shit thing was about as I have not got a clue of what you a referencing to?

You detained a SCAR Sgt at the time, I thus came to you and inquired what was going on as an ISB agent, you thus went on to exhibit very nasty behaviors  against myself and when I responded you went on about arresting all of SCAR. Eventually you were asked to stand down from ISB and DT, when retaliated against you and shock shot ISB, eventually causing a ruckus in OOC about how "OMG 2 of us vs 5 of you hahahahahhahahahahahahhahah" obviously we have witnesses to the occurrence etc etc etc. I wont go on but the behavior stated above is not tolerated within the staff team. Best of luck.

Link to comment
9 minutes ago, Rambo said:

You detained a SCAR Sgt at the time, I thus came to you and inquired what was going on as an ISB agent, you thus went on to exhibit very nasty behaviors  against myself and when I responded you went on about arresting all of SCAR. Eventually you were asked to stand down from ISB and DT, when retaliated against you and shock shot ISB, eventually causing a ruckus in OOC about how "OMG 2 of us vs 5 of you hahahahahhahahahahahahhahah" obviously we have witnesses to the occurrence etc etc etc. I wont go on but the behavior stated above is not tolerated within the staff team. Best of luck.

I Think you have Misunderstood this entire thing and I don't believe you have been well informed on this scenario what so ever but you are free to have your opinion so thank you for this response 🙂

Link to comment
12 minutes ago, Kippy said:

I Think you have Misunderstood this entire thing and I don't believe you have been well informed on this scenario what so ever but you are free to have your opinion so thank you for this response 🙂

I directly dealt with the situation, thankyou though 🙂 Also I have the "scenario information" from those involved. Perhaps you misunderstood the situation yourself and that is why it resulted the way it did?

Link to comment
Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Rambo said:

I directly dealt with the situation, thankyou though 🙂 Also I have the "scenario information" from those involved. Perhaps you misunderstood the situation yourself and that is why it resulted the way it did?

Just so I can get you up to speed on what happened, I was informed by DT that a Scar placed a hit on one of my men. I attempted to speak with SCAR Regarding the scene and they refused to Cooperate therefore they were to be "detained" for questioning. All of my men can back me up and no personal bias was conducted. After that scene ISB made up some information out of the blue about Personal Bias being involved and proceeded to arrest myself and none of my men were informed at the time so the ISB agent was detained. After that SCAR, ISB, DT and BH turned against SK resulting in what you called a Ruckus. For the most part I have good relations with SCAR and ISB/DT I think you have taken it into your own account to judge what happened and not bring any facts into play but I can't change your mind so I leave you with the facts that is all. (For Future reference if you think my RP style will diminish my Staff credentials then that is your opinion but my staff career and RP career are two separate things )

Edited by Kippy
Link to comment

This is a space to discuss Kippy's application, while you can bring up in-game matter as feedback, please ensure this thread doesn't turn into a discussion about other topics. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I love your commitment to the role of shock CO and the RP that comes from you. But sadly i'm giving this app a -1 as I feel its to early for you to be applying for staff as you have only just sorta joined the server and still learning how everything works.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Grungycal said:

I love your commitment to the role of shock CO and the RP that comes from you. But sadly i'm giving this app a -1 as I feel its to early for you to be applying for staff as you have only just sorta joined the server and still learning how everything works.

I DO agree with you I am still getting used to the few Minor things but my Staff History in the past gives me a lot of knowledge regarding staff topics and issues that is why I am applying.

 

Thank you for the response

Link to comment

G'day Kippy, 

I swear I already commented her but I am going to ask you the same questions I asked Manta. I know its cliché but you are in security role on the server and that can raise some massive Pros and Cons this brings me to give you a couple of Questions.

1. Being in security, How far will you let a RP situation go before you step in in staff?

2. How do you know that running your security Regiment won't interfere with your staffing?

 

Overall, I like your dedication to Shock, and how you have somewhat (So far) brought it back from the grave. From all interactions between you and I (Mostly you arresting me) I haven't seen a problem so at this point, I have no choice but to give you a 

 

+1

 

Good Luck with your application!

 

P.S. (Its a Call back)

On 8/22/2021 at 2:16 PM, Kippy said:

Senior Mod

Senior Mod is a Joke! @s8n

  • Like 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Morpheus said:

1. Being in security, How far will you let a RP situation go before you step in in staff?

2. How do you know that running your security Regiment won't interfere with your staffing?

Thanks for the response!.

1. I Think I shouldn't be taking staff sits that I am involved within RP so If I see the person in question doing something I think is staff worthy I will simply step back and call someone to deal with it so everyone can rest easy knowing there is no General Bias or anything along those lines. But for simple Minging, DC to avoid arrest I could deal with it using LOGs and that stuff is pretty easy to handle staff wise without having to get someone else.

2. Being a CO I see why you might have some doubt about the activity for being both staff and a CO. I think my activity and ability to multitask doesn't subtract any effort from either role so in this case it won't interfere with any of these roles.

Link to comment

Hi Kippy, 

Seeing as you state that you have been staff in the past, and that you are part of a security regiment, means that I hope you will have little trouble enforcing rules. Although there are people on the server who have problems with how you run and act in shock, This is purely evaluating your application without bringing bias into it. You seem experienced enough and have a good knowledge of commands, I believe that trialing you would be the best judge of character instead of going off of opinions. I'll give it a +1 for the trial phase.

 

Best of Luck

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Hey @Kippy,

I was holding off of posting a reply to this application until I had learnt a bit more about you. After your behaviour on the Event Server for an Operation, I could not say in any way, shape or form that you would be a good, or even competent, staff member. I saw you disrespect other staff members, RDM during the line-up for the event, and carry on to a ridiculous level. -1

Edited by Khai
Minor phrasing
Link to comment
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Khai said:

I saw you disrespect other staff members, RDM during the line-up for the event, and carry on to a ridiculous level. -1

 I never Killed anyone without there permission, and this staff disrespect I would like some Evidence or Quotes. Regarding the event my guys and I didn't want to partake so we left I saw nothing wrong with that. And it is my choice weather or not I wish to participate in a Video Game. As S8N Said "Though In game matters can be brought up it shouldn't bring up other topics", and this event has been dealt with. 

Thank you for your response but I Hope you understand what you saw.

Edited by Kippy
Link to comment

It seems there is a fair amount of drama others have witnessed in relation to yourself Kippy however personally i believe you are a dedicated individual and worthy of a position within the staff team 

+1 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Johan locked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...