Acolyte Kit | SK-1352 'Trapper'
  • List your current playtime:

60 hours
  • Are you a donator?

Yes
  • Have you used PAC3 before?

Yes
  • Why do you want access to PAC3?

I want to have some nice custom models and animations that blend into the Imperial setting, From crude/advanced cybernetic or machinal limbs to idle and meditation animations for inquisitors. I had a fairly decent knowledge of PAC3 about 3-4 years ago and Id love an opportunity to share my PAC creations with others.
  • How is PAC3 going to enhance your time on the server?

The better question is who else will it effect, as you don't see most of the animations unless your are in 3rd person or using 3rd person view models through some addons/commands. Creating some better and more immersive animations for both the battalion I'm currently in (Shock) and for inquisitors is my goal. Instead of just sitting there and meditating as inquisitor, a partly animated crystal with a red trail as the user calms themselves to focus on the crystal and to heal through it. Although what im doing at the moment is fairly basic, im still relearning custom animations and some smaller stuff. I can also explain the PAC examples if needed, they are each titled with a small explanation

For each of the examples I am aware that ive used the wrong player models
  • PAC3 Example #1-4: (

An additional example can be found in the comments. As well as this, if you have any requests for PACs Ill be more than happy to make them. 

Edited by K.Palmer
epic embed fail
  • +1 1
Posted (edited)

Not sure why the vids aren't embedding but comment any questions you have or if any of it needs to be explained.

EDIT:
this is now fixed, thanks to dominos help.

Edited by K.Palmer
epic embed fail

If you upload them to a YouTube channel unlisted, then link the video it will embed properly and then people won't have to download your videos to look at them :).

• Like 2

Hey @K.Palmer,

Just got a question regarding your PAC examples. Does your Health Below 20 example use Dropbox for the image for the medic sign?

And some general feedback. One question I liked asking myself when I had PAC3 was how often I could use specific PAC's. While cool, as an example, your Subject container may not be very useable because it deals with a very niche event concept. 

Additionally, with your probe droid for the Shock example, it looks very much just like a static prop, and the probe droid doesn't behave like a probe droid. The probe droid doesn't have any smooth motions, and is very jerky when you move. If you would want to try something, have a look at the 'Pet' example in PAC3 for how you can change a mode/entity (or whatever) to follow you, but have some delay to the movement. Doing so would allow it to look a lot more smoother.

Your crystal example looks quite polished and is well made.

Good luck on your application 🙂

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

The medic sign is a source engine asset left over from TF2 and is

3 minutes ago, Khai said:

Hey @K.Palmer,

Just got a question regarding your PAC examples. Does your Health Below 20 example use Dropbox for the image for the medic sign?

And some general feedback. One question I liked asking myself when I had PAC3 was how often I could use specific PAC's. While cool, as an example, your Subject container may not be very useable because it deals with a very niche event concept. 

Additionally, with your probe droid for the Shock example, it looks very much just like a static prop, and the probe droid doesn't behave like a probe droid. The probe droid doesn't have any smooth motions, and is very jerky when you move. If you would want to try something, have a look at the 'Pet' example in PAC3 for how you can change a mode/entity (or whatever) to follow you, but have some delay to the movement. Doing so would allow it to look a lot more smoother.

Your crystal example looks quite polished and is well made.

Good luck on your application 🙂

its in HL2's textures. there was no use of dropbox at all through any of the examples given. using dropbox isnt allowed on the server so I havent learned how to use it for the effects.

Edited by K.Palmer
  • Like 1
On 8/18/2021 at 3:43 PM, Khai said:

"Additionally, with your probe droid for the Shock example, it looks very much just like a static prop, and the probe droid doesn't behave like a probe droid. The probe droid doesn't have any smooth motions, and is very jerky when you move. If you would want to try something, have a look at the 'Pet' example in PAC3 for how you can change a mode/entity (or whatever) to follow you, but have some delay to the movement. Doing so would allow it to look a lot more smoother."

-Khai

Im happy to inform you that after some fiddling and what not, Ive gotten a little bit of life into the drone!

• Like 1

Great to see that you are dedicating your own time creating PACS and most importantly improving them upon feedback. If you do find the time, I highly suggest playing around with custom animations as they really can make an application pop. It will be a  +1 from me, best of luck!

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
On 8/20/2021 at 11:18 AM, Faarom said:

Great to see that you are dedicating your own time creating PACS and most importantly improving them upon feedback. If you do find the time, I highly suggest playing around with custom animations as they really can make an application pop. It will be a  +1 from me, best of luck!

If im being totally honest, Ive done animation replacement but not custom animations, I've been putting it off due to work and trying to get my attendance up with shock and Inquis. Buuuut I have tomorrow mostly off so Ill spend that time learning how to. Thanks for the idea. As well as that i feel like this is almost becoming a devlog at this point of my progress lol. 

Edited by K.Palmer
cus I needed to
  • Like 2
On 8/19/2021 at 4:22 PM, K.Palmer said:

Im happy to inform you that after some fiddling and what not, Ive gotten a little bit of life into the drone!

Seeing a bit more life in the drone looks great! I am looking forward to see what you can do regarding the custom animations. But good job 🙂 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Khai said:

Seeing a bit more life in the drone looks great! I am looking forward to see what you can do regarding the custom animations. But good job 🙂 

Sorry to tell you Khai but I'm struggling with it, I haven't animated in my life and its hard for me to tell if what I'm doing is correct or not. I've dedicated about 2 days worth of spare time to it and I don't feel I'm getting closer. I've looked up tutorials and what not but I still cant get something I'm happy with. for the time being I'm going to take a break from it. Any and all tips would be greatly apricated 

• Like 1

Although I am no PAC3 expert I can tell from your evidence you understand the workings of PAC and you will use it wisely to enhance your RP within the server.
You also share tips and continue to assist other players to improve their PAC skills and better their own understanding and creations within PAC3.
No doubts in my head that you will continue to assist the community in the ways of PAC

Well deserved +1

• Rippa locked this topic