Minestorm - CW: Trial Moderator Application

• Current in-game alias/rank: 

2nd lieutenant Mine, Padawan Mallabecca, EC
  • Previous Notable Names/Ranks/Positions:

2nd Lieutenant 1902 'Stack' / Mine and Previous Spectre CO 

Staff Sergeant 1210 Mine Wolfpack, Jedi Knight Knox Heras , Previously Staff (Moderator)

• Steam ID:

STEAM_0:1:184829192
  • Steam Profile Link:

• List your current playtime (in hours) on our Clone Wars RP server:

• What is your age? (Minimum of 14 years of age.)

• Do you have any active warnings? (Confirm with a staff member if unsure):

• TeamSpeak is an essential platform used by all staff members to communicate to each other and the community. A majority of your presence (including activity) will be determined by your availability on TeamSpeak. Do you have it installed?

Yes
  • What made you decide to join the staff team? What are your intentions with the staffing role and it's in-game abilities and power?

I was sad to leave gateway but I had to leave because I was in school and had a job but I have since finished school and since returning I have been itching to get back into the swing of things on the gateway. I have been a staff member in the past and I just really wanna join it again. I found that the staff team in the past to be a wonderful group of people and so I would love to get to know the new staff team. I also want to become a staff member again because I enjoy helping people whether that be helping with problems in-game, like spawning in stuff, tickets, helping event masters in events to help take pressure off them as their job is quite stressful as it is or more broad problems such as having questions about the community and its workings, I miss doing that on Gateway. I found it to be a very enjoyable experience last time around and wish to do that again.
  • In a minimum of 50 words, express if and / or how you enjoy helping others? Also include how this will transfer into the staffing role if achieved.

Well, I just in general love to help people. In real life, I love to volunteer and am learning to be a teacher and on the server I love to help people wherever and whenever I can. Whether that be taking any cadet that I possibly can (because I enjoy training them a lot) or holding an open training and helping whoever comes in, to private one on one training with things like climb swep or breaching. One of my favorite things to do as a mod previously was taking tickets that required me to give tools or spawn items or assign clones to regiments vs dealing with bans and punishments but I will do that if necessary because that helps the server.
  • In a minimum of 50 words, if given a trial phase, how will you impact the community and what benefits will you bring to the staff team?

Well, as I have previous experience as a mod I feel that I have the ability to perform my role as a trial mod extremely efficiently and I would spend my time doing things like taking as many tickets as possible but of course, leave some for the other trial mods as it wouldn't be fair of me to take them all but not only that, I would also do my best to help EM's during their events, doing simple things for them that would make their lives easier such as helping change models of EC's, spawning in objects like droids or things like props, Moving around as an EC so the event master can deal with more important things. I'm not a person who considers himself right all the time so if any other staff were to question my judgment or were to give me advice I would not just brush it aside but I would take it into consideration and use it to better my ability as a staff member. Also, I will do to the best of my ability to help other trial mods if I see there is a need to help them or they ask. I'm all-around a very friendly person and very easy to get along with and I love to have fun and mess around as the next person but when given responsibility I am always extremely professional and unbiased.
  • Do you understand that as a member of the Staff Team, your position may be subject to change and / or termination should you not be performing to a given standard? This standard is varied, although a minimum of 20 hours per week is strongly advised. Do you understand that your application’s comments from other staff members are encouraged to be directed as harsh constructive criticism only and should never be intended to insult or discourage?

Yes I do.
  • Disclaimer - Be advised, extremely low effort answers for the following questions will result in your application to be either put on hold until a better standard is reached, or outwrite deleted. Please refer to previously accepted applications or ask a current staff member to then influence your own unique response. (Any forged responses will result in a denied application)

Yes
  • A user is RDMing and insulting other users. You are the only staff available to deal with the situation. What do you do?

Well first of all it depends on whether or not this is a ticket report or I have seen this personally. If it is a ticket report then I will use the command /ticket and then accept the ticket, !p the player whose ticket it was, and tell them the situation is being handled (In a situation like this I would say it's more important to deal with the offender first). If on the other hand, I was a witness to the offense then I would immediately freeze the offender with my Physgun, or if I'm a fast typer use the command !freeze <Player name>. Then in both cases, I would go to an isolated location and tp the offender to my location using the command !bring <Player name>, if the offender is unfrozen by me bringing them to my location then I will freeze them again. Once frozen in place I will inform them that I am going to get the statements of the people they killed if the offender chooses to verbally abuse me or has been I will use !gag <Player name> to stop them talking and !mute <Player name> if they continue to do so in the chat. Then I will go out of earshot of the offender and I will Bring the players who the offender RDMed or verbally abused. While I am getting the stories from the victims of the offender I will use /logs to find out how many people the offender killed, How much time they have on the server, and if they have any previous offenses. Once I don't I will return to the offender, but not before using !return <Player name> to return the people I was interviewing before, and I would start to interview them.

In the event that this is the offender's first offense and they is reasonably new to the server then I would check to see how many people they killed, and I would also take into account the severity of the language used toward the other and towards myself if applicable, if the offender has committed less than 3 RMD's then I will give them a verbal warning for the language and the RDMing as well as a formal warning using the command !warn <Player name> RDM / Player Disrespect ( Even though it is his first offense they should still be made aware that this kind of behavior is not tolerated)and then I would promptly return the player with the command !return <Player name>.

In the event that the player has Killed more than 3 people, this would result in a mass RDM. Now, this is where the punishment is split, If the case is that this is the offender's first offense then I would give the offender a verbal warning while also giving a formal warning using !warn <Player name> RDM / Player Disrespect and then I would promptly return the player with the command !return <Player name>, and If the offender has already in the past had a formal warning for Mass RDM then I would ban them for a period of 5 days using the command !ban <Player-name> 7200 / Mass RDM after Formal warning was given / Appeal is available on Gateway Forums.
  • A user has contested a warn you have given him and proceeds to verbally abuse you, what do you do?

Well for starters I feel that a good staff member needs to be impartial and non-bias when making decisions on these sorts of matters so I would make sure to take that approach when addressing this situation. I would start by going to a place away from others and using !bring <Player name> to bring the player to me so our conversation can be private and then continue by politely asking the person in question, in a calm manner, to kindly stop abusing me and for them to calm down, telling them that if they don't stop I will be forced to warn them for verbal abuse. I would ask them to tell me why they think that my ruling was unfair and or incorrect.

If the person in question agrees to calm down and have a civil conversation about the matter, we would then discuss the reason in which he feels that he has been wrongfully warned, thereby hopefully coming to a satisfying conclusion where the matter is resolved, whether that be me accepting my mistake and revoking his warn and me apologizing or him understanding that the warn was fair. Finally, I would return him using !return <Player name>.

If the player in question does not calm down and continues to verbally abuse me even after I ask them politely to stop I would !gag <Player name> and for a second time just to make myself clear, I would tell the player that they need to calm down if they don't then I will be forced to warn them for verbal abuse. I would then tell them I am going to ungag them so that I can hear them out, I will then !ungag <player name> and I will then proceed to hear their side of the story and if I find myself to be wrong I will apologize, if however, I find it to be a valid warn then I will inform them of this and I will !return <player name> them either way. If on the other hand the player does not calm down and insists on arguing with me I will be forced to !warn <Player name> Staff Disrespect | Failure to listen to staff and then promptly return them. Finally, if the player still does not understand and proceeds to continue their efforts to argue their point in an aggressive manner I will be forced to !ban <Player-name> 4320 / Continued Staff Disrespect | Failure to listen to staff | Appeal is available on Gateway Forums.
  • A user has threatened to DDos and take down the server. What do you do?

Firstly use !bring the person to me and explain that DDos threats are a very serious offense and are not tolerated even in a joking manner and this would result in his being banned from the server. I would then ban the offender with !ban <Player name> 0 / DDos threats | Appeal is available on Gateway Forums and then I would make sure to take a screenshot of the chat so that there is a record of the threats. Finally, I would contact a Senior Staff member or above and inform them of the situation, inform them of my actions and give them the evidence collected.
  • A Commander and Lieutenant are arguing in front of debrief. It is getting quite heated. The context to the argument is unknown to you. What do you do?

First of all, I would move to a location away from others so that we may talk in private and use !bring <Player name> to bring both the Commander and the Lieutenant to the sit. I would then ask both parties to calm down so that they can explain the situation to me. If the arguing continues I would use !gag <Player name> to gag them to prevent their continued argument, If they calm down immediately then there will be no need to gag either party, and I will then inform them that as they are such high ranks they are role models to newer players and have a responsibility to maintain their composer and if a situation ever arises in which they do have to argue that the debate would be civil or taken elsewhere, so not to disturb other players and to maintain a position as a role model for other players. Hopefully, by this point they will have calmed down and I will be able to !ungag them both, (If it was necessary to gag in the first place) and after taking both sides of the story into account we will all be able to resolve the situation calmly. After I have ensured their argument has been resolved, I would give both parties a verbal warning and !return <Player name> both of them. If however, the users continue to argue after being returned, both parties will receive the following warning !warn <Player name> Failure to Listen to Staff | Player Disrespect.
  • A Cadet has been complaining and wandering around because he hasn't been trained yet. He doesn't appear to have any intent to role play. What do you do?

First of all, I would proceed to the cadet training room and using the command !bring <Player name> I would bring the cadet to me and I would apologize for him having to wait so long for someone to come training him and explain that this is a roleplay server in which you are expected to act accordingly. I would ask in the /OOC chat if there are any SGT+ that can make their way to the cadet training room. If enough time passes where an SGT+ does not respond or show up I will, at random, pick an SGT+ and !bring <player name> them to me and ask them politely if they could please train this cadet. If, and this is a big if, there is absolutely no one available then of course I will train the cadet.

Situation A) The cadet refuses to be trained.

If the cadet starts to run around and refuses to be trained I will use !freeze <player name> to immobilize the cadet and inform him that to play on the server he must be trained and commit to the server rules and if he does not do this he will have to leave. hopefully by then the cadet will understand and begin his training. If not however I will say that he is being given an official warn and use !warn <Player name> NITRP ( but honestly at this point if the cadet is being this bad then he will not care and probably continue) hopefully he will start to behave but let us be real he's probably not so I would then tell him he is going to be kicked because he clearly has no intent to roleplay and I will do so with the command !kick <Player name> NITRP | Re-join the server if and or when you intend to roleplay |. If he joins back and behaves then yay, he will be train and all's well that ends well, if he joins and continues his behavior then I will have no other choice but to !ban him with !ban <Cadet> 1440 NITRP | Failure to listen to staff | Appeal is available on Gateway Forums. The usual ban time for this offense would normally be 3 days, however this is a cadet and I don't want to discourage new players from joining and a longer ban may do that.

Situation B) The cadet gets trained but continues having no intent to role play.

While the cadet is being trained I will use the command !administrate to oversee the training and make sure everything goes well. After that, I will continue to wat the cadet closely to make sure that he doesn't continue his behavior. If he doesn't then hell yeah that makes my life easier, But however, if the cadet, now turned shiny, continues to have no intent to role play and mess around then I will come out of administrate and inform the cadet that he will be receiving a warning after he was already told that to play on this server there is a standard in which people should uphold. I will then !warn <Player name> NITRP and hopefully, everything ends there. however, if it doesn't then just as before ill !kick him, and again if he comes back and continues then ill Iban him and this time however it will be 3 days after he has gone through training and was fully aware of the rules and consequences.

Situation C) The Cadet listens to my instructions and completes training.
    This is what would be perfect, the cadet follows instructions, gets trained, and is able to continue as a shiny. Of course I will be sure to monitor him in events and during his time between to make sure to a reoccurrence of his behavior happens and hopefully it doesn't.
Edited by Minestorm
  • Thinking 1

Hi Mine, I remember you when I was in 501st as a private, but, not many people know who you are, I think you should have waited a bit before putting this app in because 'new' players/moderators might not know who you are (and by new players I mean 5-10 months ago) I think you should get around to the newer people in Team Speak and get to know them. 

FYI the app is fine showing basic knowledge of ULX, I have not had many chats with you so I'm leaving this with nothing. Good Luck Minestorm.

• Like 2

Judging just at face value, application wise your application is done really well, you’ve gone above and beyond with it by adding fair amounts of detail in regards to commands and fleshing out the scenarios so props to you for that.

My main issue with you applying again is just having little confidence in you due to your past stint as staff. I remember clearly when you were last staff on the server you past the Trial with a lot of concerns going into how you performed as you demonstrated just lack of professionalism in sits, lack of knowledge or intent to improve and constantly Phys-gun abused players. This carried through even into your actual Mod tenure as well and didn’t really see much improvement. There was periods of time where you just went inactive and fell of the face of the earth and were removed from staff, but was re-added later on as you had a good reason for it, but went on to do the same again. You are quite a friendly guy and I think that was the main issue with yourself, I think you were too friendly to effectively punish players. Obviously people can change over time and I’m not going to discount you from that as everyone deserves another chance. I just remember vividly a situation with 2 guys who went on a mass RDM spree with no intent to play and you were going to just give them a warning before I stepped in and said otherwise and banned the players in question as you were unable to give a proper punishment.

Apart from past experiences and application based stuff, I rarely notice you on the server as of recent since you returned. I know you rejoined 91st but you seem to be that of a ghost on the server and community. I often find myself rarely noticing you around for someone who is a current applicant for staff. I offer the same feedback and tips for those who are applying and that is;
- Getting yourself out there more in the wider community, offering yourself as a helpful face.
- Use the Team-speak more and getting out of your bubble and actively interact with the wider community. Same can be said for the discord, just being more active and such within it, having a higher presence.
- Even the use of the forums, you were staff previously so you know how integral it is for staff to be actively using the forums and encouraging use of them as well.

With all that being said. I’d love to see you have a crack at staff as I would any applicant but you need to also meet the requirements for it as well. I truly recommend look into taking the said feedback and work on presenting yourself in a better light and as someone who looks to be a truly decent applicant as there is a fair bit of competition at the moment. It's a -1 from myself at the moment but can be easily swayed if I see you actively put in the work. Good luck on your application regardless.

If you are curious or looking for anymore feedback feel free to hit me up in the DM’s they are always open.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Serbo said:

Judging just at face value, application wise your application is done really well, you’ve gone above and beyond with it by adding fair amounts of detail in regards to commands and fleshing out the scenarios so props to you for that.

My main issue with you applying again is just having little confidence in you due to your past stint as staff. I remember clearly when you were last staff on the server you past the Trial with a lot of concerns going into how you performed as you demonstrated just lack of professionalism in sits, lack of knowledge or intent to improve and constantly Phys-gun abused players. This carried through even into your actual Mod tenure as well and didn’t really see much improvement. There was periods of time where you just went inactive and fell of the face of the earth and were removed from staff, but was re-added later on as you had a good reason for it, but went on to do the same again. You are quite a friendly guy and I think that was the main issue with yourself, I think you were too friendly to effectively punish players. Obviously people can change over time and I’m not going to discount you from that as everyone deserves another chance. I just remember vividly a situation with 2 guys who went on a mass RDM spree with no intent to play and you were going to just give them a warning before I stepped in and said otherwise and banned the players in question as you were unable to give a proper punishment.

Apart from past experiences and application based stuff, I rarely notice you on the server as of recent since you returned. I know you rejoined 91st but you seem to be that of a ghost on the server and community. I often find myself rarely noticing you around for someone who is a current applicant for staff. I offer the same feedback and tips for those who are applying and that is;
- Getting yourself out there more in the wider community, offering yourself as a helpful face.
- Use the Team-speak more and getting out of your bubble and actively interact with the wider community. Same can be said for the discord, just being more active and such within it, having a higher presence.
- Even the use of the forums, you were staff previously so you know how integral it is for staff to be actively using the forums and encouraging use of them as well.

With all that being said. I’d love to see you have a crack at staff as I would any applicant but you need to also meet the requirements for it as well. I truly recommend look into taking the said feedback and work on presenting yourself in a better light and as someone who looks to be a truly decent applicant as there is a fair bit of competition at the moment. It's a -1 from myself at the moment but can be easily swayed if I see you actively put in the work. Good luck on your application regardless.

If you are curious or looking for anymore feedback feel free to hit me up in the DM’s they are always open.

I understand where you are coming from and yes at times I was a bit of an idiot but for the most part, I felt that I did thing quite well and yeah it was my first time being staff but learned pretty quickly what to do and I did it well especially in sits as I was told by bobby in my staff performance review which I still have access to and have seen what he said. True I do need to get out f my bubble and I have been trying to do that recently and I really don't think I have been a ghost as I have been doing my best to try t get noticed like becoming an EC as often as I can or going into groups and talking to people. As for that sit that you were talking about I was using the [GG] Staff Punishment Guide to take that sit and it said to formerly warn them and then if there was a reoccurrence then to ban them or that is to say I was under the impression that that is what I was supposed to do. As for Phys-gun abuse well I wouldn't do that again and when I as I said before I was kind of immature back then and didn't really appreciate my role and responsibilities at the time. 

As for more feedback, I would absolutely appreciate that so thank you. And just a side note the reason I don't just hop into random people TeamSpeak is I have anxiety and worry that I will be shouted at or told to leave and I don't want to be known and an annoying person that's all and I know that's a dumb excuse but that's just how it is but I will for sure use the forums more.

I'll keep more a keen eye out for yourself and see how you go, and post an update over time, cheers on being open and honest about it do appreciate it.

7 minutes ago, Minestorm said:

As for that sit that you were talking about I was using the [GG] Staff Punishment Guide to take that sit and it said to formerly warn them and then if there was a reoccurrence then to ban them or that is to say I was under the impression that that is what I was supposed to do.

As for this, Mass RDM has always been a warning + a Ban on the staff guide, those guys were there just muck around and weren't serious about playing. I personally was trying to get across with my point that it's more being able to read the situation and act with proper judgement. The punishment is there as a guide, not as the law for staff to follow. Just some food for thought going forward. 

6 minutes ago, Serbo said:

I'll keep more a keen eye out for yourself and see how you go, and post an update over time, cheers on being open and honest about it do appreciate it.

As for this, Mass RDM has always been a warning + a Ban on the staff guide, those guys were there just muck around and weren't serious about playing. I personally was trying to get across with my point that it's more being able to read the situation and act with proper judgement. The punishment is there as a guide, not as the law for staff to follow. Just some food for thought going forward. 

As I was at the time I was new to staffing I confused as to how to sheet worked, I understand now and tbh its quite clear to me where I went wrong and I'm not disputing that fact haha I just saying please don't count my younger self's actions against me, I was pretty naive and way to nice. And I'm definitely nice and friendly still but I know now when I need to be tough and firm handed

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2021 at 11:27 AM, Minestorm said:

immediately freeze the offender with my Physgun, or if I'm a fast typer use the command !freeze <Player name>. Then in both cases, I would go to an isolated location and tp the offender to my location using the command !bring <Player name>, if the offender is unfrozen by me bringing them to my location then I will freeze them again. Once frozen in place I will inform them that I am going to get the statements of the people they killed if the offender chooses to verbally abuse me or has been I will use !gag <Player name> 

Hey mate so with this situation i recommend !strip [player] first so they cant actually attack anyone else or even you during the sit and if they do kill you it just delays the sit.. your goal here is to be professional and be aware of all possibilities. Good job on the start though just think you should know this if your keen for the position for anymore feedback or questions contact me on discord

Sevy#1566

Hey, @Minestorm 

I remember you from when we were in staff and from when you were a CO. You were polite, well mannered, and made a fair contribution to the server. I cannot comment much on how active you are, or your presence either in forums or in TeamSpeak, but I definitely think you should have a shot at Staff again. I can't really comment on your responses as I am not sure how Staff behaviour and attitudes towards incidents have changed since my departure. 

All in all, (not taking into account activity, as I cannot comment on it), I think you are deserving at having a shot at Trial Mod, +1 from me.

Good luck 🙂   

• Like 1

Hello Minestorm!

I remember this guy, definitely a good fit. +1

I would however, re-read this statement:

On 8/2/2021 at 11:27 AM, Minestorm said:

Do you understand that as a member of the Staff Team, your position may be subject to change and / or termination should you not be performing to a given standard? This standard is varied, although a minimum of 20 hours per week is strongly advised. Do you understand that your application’s comments from other staff members are encouraged to be directed as harsh constructive criticism only and should never be intended to insult or discourage?

No

Good luck.

Edited by Coric
  • Like 1
23 minutes ago, Coric said:

Hello Minestorm!

I remember this guy, definitely a good fit. +1

I would however, re-read this statement:

Good luck.

Omg why did i say no......wtf. Thanks for spotting that haha

Hello again Minestorm. Just posting an update to my original post above, I'll keep it fairly brief. As of recent I've personally noticed you go above and beyond on the server and community to put yourself out there and actively work on all the criticisms given to you. I've seen you a lot more around  in general and being more engaged within the community than ever before, even your usage of the forums has gone up tremendously.

Very happy to see you apply yourself and actively work on the criticism. You've shown your still more than capable giving it your all and you've put in the work to more than earn my +1 and sway my mind.  Good work and good luck on your application once again.

• Like 2
  • Pab locked this topic