Bl1tz - IMP: Trial Event Master Application

• Do you have Teamspeak 3 installed?

Yes
  • Are you willing to test your stress?

Yes
  • What is your age? (Minimum of 14 years of age.)

• List your current playtime:

• Are you willing to learn new ways to approach situations?

Yes
  • Do you have any active warns?

No
  • Do you have any problems with any of our current staff members?

No
  • Steam ID:

STEAM_0:0:423848319
  • Steam Profile Link:

• Current in-game alias/rank:

IC-1262 'Scorch' [Sergeant Major], [B-1] 'Blitz' [Flight Sergeant, 2IC]
  • Previous Notable Names/Ranks/Positions

None
  • How known are you on a scale of 1-10?

• How will you bring new and creative event ideas to the server?:

I would like to be more of a supporting role for other EMs to aid them in their events, the reason being that a lot of events have been run by one EM who has to do everything ranging from spawning NPCs, doing RP, and micromanaging every other detail that can affect how the event goes as a whole for the players. Taking over some of those roles for the primary event master as a supporting event master will allow the event master to have more breathing room to run their event without worrying about everything all at once and allowing the event to run smoothly. However, just because I would like to be a supporting role for event masters doesn't mean that I wouldn't like to run my own events. If I were to run an event, I would make the events dynamic or have unexpected events occurring throughout it such as a Troop Transport carrying important information or a VIP has crashed near the combat zone and troopers are ordered to go in and investigate the crash either to retrieve the intel or secure the VIP.
  • Have you participated in many of our Events?:

Yes, I have since I've been on the server as well as being an EC every now and then
  • Are you familiar with Gmod's wide range of NPC tools? (Provide examples):

I am somewhat familiar with Gmod's tools for NPCs such as the No-Target tool, which makes hostile NPCs not shoot at you or another player when you are in their range, and the Creator Tool which I believe is the Tool used by EMs to spawn NPCs.
  • Name 3 tools that are at an Event Masters disposal within events and leave a small comment detailing each of their uses:

Artillery Strike(?) Tool, a tool used to make spawned in Turbolasers shoot at a designated location, the number of turbo lasers determines how many shots are fired.
    Creator Tool, The tool used to spawn in NPCs and LFS vehicles for pilots
    Teleporter Tool allows for a teleporter to be created that links one location to another
  • Are you aware of how much a Gmod server can take or how unstable Gmod truly is?:

Yes, I am aware. I have participated in events where the server nearly crashed because of the amount of NPCs, players, vehicles, and props on the map. The best way to alleviate this is to avoid using too many props, especially props that collide, and the number and type of vehicles used, and to be careful with how many NPCs are spawned.
  • Do you understand that you are not allowed to use your staff rank's powers outside of events? Provide 3 examples detailing different situations that would be considered abuse:

When a player RDMs, if I were to take that player to a sit that would be abuse since I am not staff.
    If I were to start spawning bombs and detonating them for no reason outside events that would be abuse.
    If I were to use my powers to annoy people or break RP
  • Do you have any event experience? e.g. played a key character in an event before:

I have played characters in events but I have never been an event master for an event
  • On a scale of 1-10, how much knowledge of the Imperial Era do you have?

• On a scale of 1-10, how familiar are you with ulx commands?

• Make a comment regarding the recent events on our server and how they have inspired you to become an event master:

Regarding events, I have been in a lot of events that have the simple premise of go there, shoot things, leave which get quite repetitive but when we do get an event that is on the opposite end of the spectrum such as with a recent event a few days ago, there was no shooting at all and it was quite RP focused, it was a nice change but found it quite a bit boring near the end because there wasn't much for everyone to do in that event. I have also been in events where there was one EM micromanaging everything for one event ranging from personally leading the troops at one stage, spawning NPCs, and doing RP. These events inspired me because I want to create events that are a blend of RP and combat, utilize all regiments and their specialties as much as possible and be an aid to other EMs to help them do their events.
  • Do you understand that most events rely mainly on improvisation and mainly nothing goes to plan (ever)?

Yes, I run a DND campaign as a DM with my personal friends and almost everything never goes to plan so I had to be good at thinking on the spot and improvising
  • How confident are you in providing briefings, debriefings, and in ensuring you're able to direct players throughout your events?

I believe I will be quite confident doing these as a great many years ago I held the rank of Admiral and back then it was the highest-ranking officer who ran the debriefs and gave their thoughts from that perspective
  • An event doesn't go to plan and Kanan Jarrus is crushed by an elevator. Players are laughing at you. What do you do?

Thinking on my feet, I would respawn Kanan at another location near the area he was crushed by an elevator and inform troopers that Kanan had escaped them through a hidden tunnel/shaft under the elevator that led to where he is, with him having to collapse it behind him to RP why the troopers can't go after him through that tunnel/shaft and order the troopers to pursue him.
  • A user is bad mouthing your events. How do you react?

I'd ask that user for constructive criticism on my events, what they thought was good and what they thought was bad and needed to be improved upon however if it is someone bad mouthing for the sake of bad mouthing and trying to be annoying I'd ignore them and move on.
  • You have to go AFK in the middle of an event you are running and there are no backups available. What should you have done to avoid this?

There are a few things that should have been done to avoid this, one of which was to simply not take charge of the event if I couldn't be there for the whole of it. Other measures to avoid this would be to manage my time better as I should know when I can or can't stay on all the time or to request a backup way before the event started just in case something happens suddenly that I need to go AFK for.
  • Players and a few staff members are complaining about the amount of lag they're dealing with during your event. How do you resolve this?

A few ways I would resolve this is to delete unnecessary props, stop spawning NPCs and allow for the vast majority of the NPCs that are already spawned in to be killed before spawning again and this time be careful with the number of NPCs I spawn in and also to remove corpses
  • To conclude your app. you are required to create and design your own event. This includes planets, maps and stage actions. Include lots of detail in your event design. You are required to involve PassiveRP elements.

For this event, the troopers are ordered to aid the imperial garrison of a planet where the local populace is in open revolt, on the Naboo city map. The main objective is to clear the city of a large rebel force who have defeated the local imperial garrison in decisive combat and occupied the city but to be mindful of the civilians who are still within the city. The first stage consists of the troops going throughout and clearing the city and also securing the citizens and evacuating them either by getting them to a shelter or getting them to dropships. The second stage comes from a citizen loyal to the empire who has overheard that the rebel commander is using a mansion on the outskirts of the city as a FOB. Spec Ops will be ordered to move out and either capture or kill the commander. The second stage consists of the main forces holding the city from a rebel counter-attack while Spec Ops seek out the rebel commander, upon spec-ops getting to and clearing out the mansion they would find that the rebel commander has killed themself, choosing death over potential capture. If they pay attention they may also find datapads containing important information on how an uprising was able to acquire the weapons and tactics needed to deliver decisive blows against the local garrison, finding that an outside power is involved. The third and final stage is a mop-up of any remaining hostiles and leaving the city to head back to the ISD for an operation success. If the civilian who informs the troops is killed before he can give them his information, the commander is given time to escape as well as to pack up and destroy most evidence in the mansion before the Spec Ops can arrive to deal with him.
Edited by Bl1tz

What's up Mr. Stinky ❤️

I think that scenario alone proved to me that you were willing to help staff and the community above and beyond your required duties. Your insane activity levels, as well as obvious experience in the server (judging by the playtime) would help you seamlessly fit into the staff team.

+1 

• Love 1