They'll Always Call Me "The Minge"

Posted (edited)

Farewell everyone, quite sudden but stuff like this happens.

First off I'd like to start out saying that when I first joined the server last year it was my first ever experience on a SWRP, for years I looked at SWRP and thought "what a bunch of losers". Wanting to prove my hypothesis I joined the game for a look around to see what it was like and whether or not it was for me.
After being cadet trained by Hulk I looked to my shelf and saw my Cody figurine and thought "Yeah, I'll try and become Cody".  Spent a couple minutes searching for 212th Attack Battalion only to not find it. Sad.
Than someone told me that 212th are called 7th Sky Corps, so I sprinted over to a training room and inside was a bunch of orange retards and Cody (Gary). Got a tryout and set my eyes on the prize.
In doing so I didn't know that I'd joined the best reg on server filled with the funniest cunts.
Grinding the ranks harder than any member of 7th had. I finished most of my tasks days before I was off cooldown, passing everyone else who had been in the reg 4x longer than me. Training cadets at 2am alone on new years eve. All to fulfil the objective that I never lost sight of. And then on the 19th of May I would achieve that goal, I became Commander Cody.

I ended up having much more fun then I planned during those times and shoutout to the lads.
As time went on everyone slowly started to leave, the staff team became more toxic and management gave up on CW to focus on IMP. The server is in a deep decline and if you fail to see it than you are part of the reason.

Honourable Mentions:
@ItsGary - 2nd Best CO of 7th, had a lot of fun doing 7th Operations, always having my back in a minge situation.
@Rtiz - You always kept your eye on me and would always talk highly of me to other people, thank you, even though you were almost the reason I left when you denied 2 of my event leads, it did make me a better leader.

@Florida - Helped me get boots on ground in 7th, taking me into Airborne and eventually passing it onto me, you and me were always a duo of command.
@Jax - Bought us the 2nd slot like a chad and we had a good run in Foxtrot.
@D8TA - You and me would always fight for tasks during SGT ranks, glad to be one of two people who accidentally heard your voice.
@Ration - Giga chad who was always with me in Medics, love ya!
@Hazzi - You and me won the Jedi giveaway and became friends, you seemed distant but warmed up to me later, grateful to be your first Gateway friend.
@Grungycal & @Clarkson - Always good to have legends in the hot-seat of CG and 7th, thank you both for bailing me out of R-Sec countless times.
@Pluto & @Spirit & @Stingel & @Serbo - The only 4 staff members who I thought I could really sit down and have a good down to earth chat, much love.
@Jazza - Keep up the good work on being the best minge I've ever worked with.
@Railgun - You and me were the dynamic duo of Gateway Minge, 7th CO and 501st CO, what a combo. Loved all the time we spent together discussing anime, playing league and you overall made my Gateway experience amazing. Shame you decided to throw it all away for title and other peoples approval.
Also shoutout to the entirety of Dooms Unit, you have too many mentions to name but I love all the homies and will always be green underneath the orange!

Dishonourable Mentions:
@Truce's Rj & @Dank Machine - Made me a scapegoat for an RDM case which I had nothing to do with, blamed the whole thing on me cause you couldn't actually find the person who did it since it was a vehicle death. Than laughed at me after I tried to rebuttable. (Staff members btw)
@Cryo - Staff abused me in an event, literally threw a DU shield at me in the middle of a base defence. Does some of the best events on GG though.
@Tesla & @Flea - Putting yourselves on a moral high ground above other players and shitting all over their opinions. No one is of a higher morel stand point, you all play SWRP for fuck sake.
@Andy - Couldn't handle criticism of your awful Umbara passive RP event and decided to hold a grudge against me for some reason.

To conclude my reason of leave is solely because the server is no longer fun and RP related enough to enjoy. Especially when you get painted with a target on your back in regards to the staff team. 
Why was I targeted? Because I would parade around as "The Minge" and get away with it, I would NEVER minge to another persons disadvantage or to affect the integrity of the server, as you can see from my 1 and only warn. But simply for saying I was a minge publicly I was put on the radar regardless of whether or not I actually minged. They saw me as someone who promoted minging and wanted to scrub me from the server. Funnily enough I was actually one of the people on the server who RP'd more than others, in fact it was the staff team who would always shut down the RP that me and my friends would try and do.
An example is one time I tried to do comms RP with staff members Snickers and Flea. Flea would often deflect my RP and tell me to stop comms-ing him. Snickers on the other hand literally striked me for doing comms RP with him simply because he didn't want to and was more concerned with the numbers in my name.
Stuff like this happens way too often with multiple staff members destroying RP scenarios with Nukes, physgun abuse and silly props.

Being singled out by a staff team which minge harder than I do myself and removed from Cody because of it is insulting and I'm out.

What's next?
I will be focusing on my YouTube and will start production on the Gateway videos, so stay tuned for that. There's a lot to go through.

JOIN ME FOR MY FINAL 6:30 EVENT THIS SATURDAY 24TH OF JULY 2021!
Thank you everyone for the good times and stress-filled nights. Also my achievement? Had the most viewed Moderator application on the server.

7th Reich.jpg

Snow RPG.jpg

Edited by 2224
  • Like 5
  • Dumb 2
  • Quality Post 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1
  • -1 1
  • Yikes 1

11 minutes ago, 2224 said:

@Cryo - Staff abused me in an event, literally threw a DU shield at me in the middle of a base defence. Does some of the best events on GG though.

Just don't deserve it then 🥴🥴🥴🥴

• Love 1

Guys this isn't a shit posting thread, please try to keep your goodbyes atleast semi formal. Shouldn't have to say this to staff but apparently I do.
Cya Sydney, enjoy your time and thanks for playing!

• Like 1
  • +1 1

Honestly Sydney you were a cool guy, may have disagreed with the way you acted here and there but I know you always just wanted to try and have fun, not ruining other peoples experiences. Sad to see you go, have a good one.

• +1 1

28 minutes ago, 2224 said:

management gave up on CW to focus on IMP

Here's the Origins of the Nick Young Confused Face Meme | Confused face,  Face meme, Reactions meme
2 different managements for each server btw, anyway man, your position of 212th Commander awaits you on the Star Destroyer Opinion | A Final Verdict on the Presidential Salute - The New York Times

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, 2224 said:

Dishonourable Mentions:
@Truce's Rj & @Dank Machine - Made me a scapegoat for an RDM case which I had nothing to do with, blamed the whole thing on me cause you couldn't actually find the person who did it since it was a vehicle death. Than laughed at me after I tried to rebuttable. (Staff members btw)

Don't even remember what I did to you, but ok. Good luck with whatever you're doing in the future you minge. o7

Posted (edited)

You have some legitimate criticisms that I do know that other people would agree with. I suggest creating proper feedback threads for them however, farewell posts seem to bring out the clown makeup from some people, and your true criticisms are drowned out by some pretty personal attacks.

This doesnt mean you must depart from gateway, and im sure s8n would listen to any proper concerns you have.

Never too late to set some new goals either.

Edited by Budds
  • Like 1
  • Love 5

5 minutes ago, Budds said:

I suggest creating proper feedback threads for them however

Not a bad idea, might give it a go once I sift through my  F o u n d  f o o t a g e  collection.

Will stop with the shitposting, goodbye Sydney.

I was never in 7th when you finally got to be Cody, but I always remember you saying that one day you'd get it, you were nothing but fun to hang around with as both 7th and now DU.

I'll always remember Major Sydney as the one who had my name and who saved me from a "check-up" with Long. I'll miss you my man.

Clone Trooper Salute - Album on Imgur

• Love 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 2224 said:

@Tesla & @Flea - Putting yourselves on a moral high ground above other players and shitting all over their opinions. No one is of a higher morel stand point, you all play SWRP for fuck sake.

Thanks for the mention homedog, guess having a different mindset on topics equates to having a "moral highground." In future i'll think more before I speak.

Have fun in future ventures bro.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Have fun in future ventures bro.

We had some good moments outside of the CO meetings lmao, catch ya later.

• Love 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, 2224 said:

Snickers on the other hand literally striked me for doing comms RP with him simply because he didn't want to and was more concerned with the numbers in my name.

Edited by Snickerss
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Pog 1

2 hours ago, 2224 said:

Couldn't handle criticism of your awful Umbara passive RP event and decided to hold a grudge against me for some reason.

Grudge? Don't even know who you are or even care to know lmao
You never gave criticism, or even bother.
Idk, it almost like i got some type of award of best em, idk dude

Bye, whoever you are

• Like 1
  • Dumb 4
  • Thinking 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Hey mate,

Good on you, hope you had your fun and I am more than ecstatic that you were able to express your feelings on this Gateway Gaming forum post.
So sorry that you feel as though you were personally attacked and or (by quote) "targeted" by the entirety of the staff team.
We'll try better out elves from this experience.

Sincerely, 
Flea 
x

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, 2224 said:

@Railgun - You and me were the dynamic duo of Gateway Minge, 7th CO and 501st CO, what a combo. Loved all the time we spent together discussing anime, playing league and you overall made my Gateway experience amazing. Shame you decided to throw it all away for title and other peoples approval.

Honestly had a lot of fun with you. You were one of the reasons I stuck around and even got into the server in the first place (that and becoming a medic). Have a lot of good memories and shadowplays to coincide with them. I don't think you fully understand what ticked me off. If I cared about titles, ranks or what other people thought of me I really would not be on an RP server. It was a trust issue more than anything else. It really hurt man. It is mostly water under the bridge now so always happy to discuss it further with you in DM. Have fun with your future endeavors and maybe we'll play something again in the future. Always happy to play league or just chat with ya. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

thanks for the kind words mate, we did have some g chats 🙂 Best of luck with everything!

• Love 1

so your joining Imperial right JK will miss you bud and was always happy to help you try and kidnap Fox

• Haha 1