Sign in to follow this  
Emir

Emir - CW: Trial Event Master Application

• Do you have Teamspeak 3 installed?

Yes
  • Are you willing to test your stress?

Yes
  • What is your age? (Minimum of 14 years of age.)

• List your current playtime:

• Are you willing to learn new ways to approach situations?

Yes
  • Do you have any active warns?

No I do not have any active warns.
  • Do you have any problems with any of our current staff members?

No
  • Steam ID:

STEAM_0:1:71066526
  • Steam Profile Link:

• Current in-game alias/rank:

Master Sergeant 4099 Emir
  • Previous Notable Names/Ranks/Positions

NSF Master Chief Efe, RSB Chief Operative Emir Bey
  • How known are you on a scale of 1-10?

• How will you bring new and creative event ideas to the server?:

I believe I can build upon the basic foundation of what makes an event. My past experience roleplaying as civilians and event characters have given me an understanding of how events generally run. I understand how players feel within an event and I can build an experience that suits the player base. I will ensure that my events include the unique RP opportunities that appeal to each and every regiment and can therefore get them more involved with my events. I understand how to lessen the lag during the events and will generally optimise them so that they're suitable to play and enjoyable. I have a good understanding of Star Wars lore and from that, I can create events that appeal to both the lore and the Star Wars universe as a whole.
  • Have you participated in many of our Events?:

Yes, I have participated in many events throughout my playtime on the server and have enjoyed a vast amount of them.
  • Are you familiar with Gmod's wide range of NPC tools? (Provide examples):

-NPC NoTarget is a tool that allows you not to be targeted by NPC's as you fly around and conduct the event.
    -NPC Proficiency changes the NPC's skill level of their weaponry making it easier for them to hit players.
    -NPC Controller is also a useful tool as you can manipulate where the NPC moves to and which areas they move to.
  • Name 3 tools that are at an Event Masters disposal within events and leave a small comment detailing each of their uses:

-Teleporter is an extremely useful tool and can help players get around the map in big events.
    -Event Characters are crucial to some events especially when RP is involved.
    -Advanced Duplicator V2 is also extremely useful as it can allow you to spawn in your entire event at the click of a button.
  • Are you aware of how much a Gmod server can take or how unstable Gmod truly is?:

Yes I am aware of how much a Gmod server can take and the strain it can hold before being too unstable and too laggy to play.
  • Do you understand that you are not allowed to abuse your staff rank's powers outside of events? Provide 3 examples detailing different situations that would be considered abuse:

-Yes I understand that I am not allowed to abuse my staff powers outside of events.
    -Raising my HP during events to get an unfair advantage compared to other players.
    -Using ULX commands to my advantage such as !bring to bring a friend toward me.
    -Godmode to MRDM the server without any care.
  • Do you have any event experience? e.g. played a key character in an event before:

Yes I do have past experience as I have played many events and have been an event character multiple times.
  • On a scale of 1-10, how much lore knowledge do you have?

• On a scale of 1-10, how familiar are you with ulx commands?

• Make a comment regarding the recent events on our server and how they have inspired you to become an event master:

The recent events I have played were fantastic and unique. I will strive to make my events even better than those.
  • Do you understand that most events rely mainly on improvisation and mainly nothing goes to plan (ever)?

Yes I realise that a lot of events rely on improvisation and that can lead to a decent amount of fun and enjoyability through out the event.
  • How confident are you in providing briefings, debriefings, and in ensuring you're able to direct players throughout your events?

I am pretty confident to provide briefings, debriefings and generally talking toward people in events.
  • An event doesn't go to plan and General Grievous is crushed by an elevator. Players are laughing at you. What do you do?

This has multiple outcomes rather than just one: I would try to always RP the situation out so if that happens I might say that "Troopers quickly! Grievous is getting away!" and spawn the EC outside running away. Another thing that's possible is that I could say "Troopers! Grievous is lifting the elevator get away from there!" or that even RP it out as if he did die then once we get back to base say "Troopers, I thought we got General Grievous but he managed to escape." And probably many other RP scenarios you could pull off.
  • A user is bad mouthing your events. How do you react?

If a user is bad mouthing my events I would take note of it and wait till the event is over and back on base. I would bring him to me and ask why he thinks that. If he has genuine criticism I would take note of it and try to fix myself. If he is just disrespecting me I'd give him a verbal warning and if it is extensive or severe I'd get a staff member to warn them.
  • You have to go AFK in the middle of an event you are running and there are no backups available. What should you have done to avoid this?

I should have notified the other event masters before I went AFK or at least told them that "I might go AFK, could somebody come just in case".
  • Players and a few staff members are complaining about the amount of lag they're dealing with during your event. How do you resolve this?

By reducing the amount of useless props, vehicles and other things. Dead bodies and drop pods aswell after they have supplied their sufficient amount of NPCs.
  • To conclude your app. you are required to create and design your own event. This includes planets, maps and stage actions. Include lots of detail in your event design. You are required to involve PassiveRP elements.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oSYjKVLbq70Qy00kO9J12nETLN-jymwj5n3dpASRTxo/edit?usp=sharing
  • Like 3
  • +1 7

Very happy you gave this decision a bit of time before applying. I'm happy to say that you have shone throughout the server and everywhere you go is followed by people with smiles on their faces and great RP. 

The EM team will be able to teach you the ropes in no time as I've seen how much of a fast learner you are. I am glad and confident to say that I can vouch for you 100% cause you'd make a killer EM.

phat +1 just please be less ethnic

So emir very glad you applied for EM, i'm going to give you some feedback so here it is.

First bit of feedback is your reputation, you started off a bit rocky on the server which is ok alot of people do but you have come back swinging hard and fast. You have turned from a good player into a great one with your excellent rp.
Second piece of feedback, you answer the questions very nicely and the app overall is pretty good.
Third piece of Feedback. Your event idea is very nice but you've always got to be prepared as events rarely go the way you want them to.

I will be leaving a +1, You would make a good addition to the em team . 😃

The current RP that you are doing on the server is great. You came to me before posting the application and I had a quick peak at the event idea. The idea is quite good and is actually a good concept idea. Your rep has began to improve largely. Continue to work hard as I can see you doing great as a Trial Event Master. The answers are spot-on and its a textbook application. Continue to do all the civlian, event character assistance that you have been doing on the server. Its been great seeing it and you would most likely be a perfect fit for a TEM. 

+1

you currently have shown your big improvements since the big backlash of your history within the server and im happy you have showed an interest in being an EM too with the good rp you have been doing. +1 on me chief, you will make a good fit in the team

Posted (edited)

Hello emir, as a person you would be good to host events with etc, but your questions are a bit short with a few being one-sentence answers, try adding more detail to them (Dm me in discord if you want me to explain more) Your event idea is spot on with having a unique event, one thing you could do is make a briefing/debrief for the event idea, although it is not a big part we want to see how you would bring up the event saying it to people, I mean mainly the debrief side as in after event just to extend the event doc, you could also add is trying to predict a confident event end as you have your briefing when you start, RP side of the event is epic, most of the stuff I said about Briefing or Debriefing can be easily learnt during a Trial event stage but as of now I'm standing at a Strong +1

(As I said before DM me in discord if you wish for more in-depth feedback)

Edited by Ratinson

Had to get active on this forum after 2 years just to say that this man is qualified, Throughout my time of playing with this bloke he has been nothing but pure quality RP and mostly good behaviour as of recent.

Anything you don't know I'm sure the EM's could teach you.

+1 

• +1 1

+1  In one of the most RP heavy regiments, and one of the most RP heavy iterations of said regiment. Perfect for EM.

+1  Good guy and absolute legend to RP with. Man deserves the position in the em team

+1 Big fan of the event idea and having spent a good amount of time working with you and seeing you RP I get nothing but the vibe that you'd be super fun as an EM.

• Like 1

+1  Pog  event idea in my opinion. From my interactions with this lad he has a great imagination and that is a big +1 in my opinion. A fresh mind to the EM would would help out a lot to bring some new event ideas. 

Currently the work you and the other 917th boys do on the server is pretty top notch so it seems like a natural fit for someone from that group to put in a EM app. Application in general is pretty good and shows its had time and effort put into it. Obvious choice to bring this man into the EM team.

+1

Fark me have a go at this, Emir you do some crazy good RP. Your application is nice and neat, your idea is brilliant. Mate you'd make a perfect fit for EM, You've got a perfect balance of serious RP as well as a bit of banter. Love it mate, huge +1 from me.

Dam this guy is kinda cute 😳 nah but this mans does great RP and overall outstanding guy. Great job.

+1

Saw your smexy RP and dedication to the server pal, perfect fit for an EM Team as you are well known and most liked person on the server who never stop doing these interesting and fun roleplays.

Keep it up brotha.

+1

He does amazing Rp, his application is pog, the event idea is POG and a good bloke

+1

• Love 1

Hey Emir! I do agree with what the others say, I've seen you do great RP and I believe you could definitely be a great addition to the EM team. I wish you best of luck with your application. 

Big +1

Withheld.
Your application will be left up for a small period until the EM team can make a final verdict in approx 1-2 weeks time.