• Steam Profile Link:

https://steamcommunity.com/id/DevonSpartan/
  • In-game alias/rank:

ISB Junior Operative Devon
  • Teamspeak name:

Devon
  • List your server playtime:

• What is your age?

• What kind of development are you interested in pursuing for Gateway Gaming?

Programming
  • Please list the programs you use to create your content:

Visual Studio Code - For coding the addons
    paint.net - For any UI designs and the designs of the workshop thumbnails
    gmpublisher - For compiling and publishing
  • On a scale of 1-10, how well do you know how to use said programs?

• Have you created any content before? If so, provide below

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2550503695

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2545207958
  • What sort of content are you interested in making for Gateway Gaming?

I am interested in creating addons that help amplify the experience of playing on Gateway as well as making any ideas from both staff and players alike come to life to make a more personalized and exciting experience. I would also be open to teaching GLua to others, although I don't have the most extensive knowledge I would like to get others into it.
  • TOS: It's important to recognize that IF you become a Developer for Gateway Gaming, the content you possibly provide is for the use on Gateway Gaming ONLY. If you are caught distributing any content without the permission of the Executive Staff team, you will be community banned.

Yes
  • Like 2
  • +1 4

Immediate +1!

I've been coding and talking with you for some time now, and I am honestly inspired with how fast you learn things! You'd make a good developer.

• +1 1

Posted (edited)

Hello, saw your application today and you have made unique addon(s) which is very nice but I don't think I have met or talked to you before which is an issue.

Not much else to say but I'll remain natural for now.

-------------------------------------------------------

Use TS3 more frequently, it'll help you introduce to the community a bit more.

Try to social other people in gateway and start being active.

Yep, my brain is smooth afterall. Your developing skills is without the doubt is the best so far.

Sorry for being a retard, so I'll give you an accurate +1. Good luck dude.

Edited by Nukaru_X
  • Dumb 1
  • Thinking 3

+1 

the ideas that you had with the console and actually hacking it is pretty cool and a different way other than /me's. and I trust Stoneman's opinion on you. 

Good luck 🙂 

+1

You're mature and highly proficient in programming.
You'd make an excellent addition to the team. 

On 7/18/2021 at 10:39 AM, Nukaru_X said:

Hello, saw your application today and you have made unique addon(s) which is very nice but I don't think I have met or talked to you before which is an issue.

Not much else to say but I'll remain natural for now.

-------------------------------------------------------

Use TS3 more frequently, it'll help you introduce to the community a bit more.

Try to social other people in gateway and start being active.

I personally disagree on the justification for this verdict. When developers apply the most important thing is their skills and what they can bring to the community through said skills. Whilst this is a staff app it is not the same thing as a moderation or event master position as the staffing that developers do is behind the scenes, whereas the staffing that the other two staff roles perform is directly in game. In my opinion, how good they’ll be at that job is not hindered by how well the community knows them. By contrast, event master’s events would be less enjoyable if they weren’t known and moderators would get clowned on more as people don’t like being told what to do by people they don’t know. Devon’s work that he’s presented demonstrates a great knowledge of coding and it’s well applied to ingame add ons that could be feasibly used in game. I’m no developer but i thought I’d chuck my two cents in here.

well done Devon, I’ve looked at the add ons and being someone who’s learning how to program in Gmod LUA I can recognise that these examples are quite extensive and hence support your application. 

good luck +1

• Like 1