Tyler - IMP: Trial Moderator Application

• Current in-game alias/rank:

Leads/Staff Sergeant
  • Previous Notable Names/Ranks/Positions

Alex/Private/Shock trooper and Leads/Staff Sergeant/Vader's Fist
  • Steam ID:

• Steam Profile Link:

• List your current playtime (in hours) on our RP servers:

• What is your age? (Minimum of 14 years of age.)

• How well known are you on a scale of 1-10?

• Do you have Teamspeak 3 installed?

Yes
  • Do you enjoy helping other people?

Yes
  • Are you willing to test your stress?

Yes
  • Do you believe you're able to deal with individuals and situations in a completely unbiased manner?

Yes
  • Do you have any problems with any of our current staff members?

No
  • Are you willing to learn new ways to approach situations?

Yes
  • Do you have any active warns?

No
  • How will you becoming a moderator impact our community?

It will impact our community because I will be very active on the server, I will always answer questions from players or accept help requests from players if they request a moderator.
  • Do you understand that as a member of the Staff Team, your position may be subject to change and / or termination should you not be performing to the degree stipulated? Do you also understand that a staff role is one that comes with the expectation of commiting time to helping the users of the server (Up to 20 hours a week)?

Yes
  • A user is RDMing and insulting other users. You are the only staff available to deal with the situation. What do you do?

I would tp the user to myself and clear his inventory and then bring some of the people he has RDM'ed and listen to the other players situation before talking to the RDM'er. After I would of talked with the other users I will make sure that the RDM'er will not RDM anymore and use !warn [USER] and warn him and tp all of them back to their original areas.
  • A user has contested a warn you have given him and proceeds to verbally abuse you, what do you do?

I would warn him again and if he/she proceeds to abuse me I will ban the user for 2 or more days or 12 hours and then if he comes back and repeats the same thing I will get a higher up to assist me in the situation.
  • A user has threatened to DDos and take down the server. What do you do?

I would warn the user and make sure he doesn't do it again and tell the user that that is a very serious warning and if the user does it again I will use my actions and ban him for a certain amount of time.
  • A Commander and Lieutenant are arguing in front of debrief. It is getting quite heated. The context to the argument is unknown to you. What do you do?

I would tp them to a different location so nobody else gets involved and then tell them that it was very immature of them and then ask both of the users their point of view and what their perspective is and then resolve the situation, and if they do it again it will lead them into a demotion or a timeout.
  • A Cadet has been complaining and wandering around because he hasn't been trained yet. He doesn't appear to have any intent to role play. What do you do?

I would tp to him and tell him the rules about the game and that this server is a very serious roleplay server and that if he doesn't roleplay then he can join an other server. And if he starts roleplaying I will request a Corporal+ to come and train the cadet.

Hey Tyler.

Your app has some high points and some lows.

I have seen you work in Vaders fist before and I believe you wont be able to take this role seriously and your emotions will come into play when not needed. 

but I do wish for you to join the team so for that I will be neutral for this

good luck.

Good afternoon man great job on makin the app i have a couple things on this i think there are some good points and some bad ones. with your rating on how well you known in the community i think is a bit of a stretch you have a lot of hours but there's not a lot of people that can even say there an 8 on how well there know. as well as i feel there could be some more work put into your app in making the responses bigger and with more to go off on how you would handle things on this staff team.

Other than that its a good app so for now ima stay Neutral if more information is added then that could change thanks.

• +1 2

On 7/7/2021 at 10:32 PM, Tyler said:

A user has contested a warn you have given him and proceeds to verbally abuse you, what do you do?

I would warn him again and if he/she proceeds to abuse me I will ban the user for 2 or more days or 12 hours and then if he comes back and repeats the same thing I will get a higher up to assist me in the situation.

Uh yeah, "I have an issue with a warn you've given me." your response would have to be *with this answer* "No for even contesting the warn take another warn, L." think about some of your answers and answer in greater detail.

Alright... I'm going to give a few criticisms to your answers in hopes that you change this application up because currently I can't see you making it into the moderator team with these scenario questions.

On 7/8/2021 at 1:02 AM, Tyler said:

A player comes to you, wanting to talk something out and call you up on something they felt is unfair (which if it were true, they'd be right to be angry), and your response is to add fuel to the fire? Being a moderator isn't just about warning someone and calling it a day. You're there to make sure players are enjoying their time on the server, you're there to make sure everyone is satisfied and feeling comfortable knowing there's competent moderators. As a moderator you'll be expected to defuse situations and put up with angry players from time to time, and warning them without remotely hearing them out or explaining anything to them (e.g why they were warned in the first place),  isn't the best way around it.

I would warn the user and make sure he doesn't do it again and tell the user that that is a very serious warning and if the user does it again I will use my actions and ban him for a certain amount of time.

Say you warn them.... that isn't stopping them from DDoSing the server. If someone is making those threats, a simple warn on a server they're going to be leaving isn't going to stop them because if what they speak is true... the warn ain't gonna do much when the server goes down anyway.

I would tp them to a different location so nobody else gets involved and then tell them that it was very immature of them and then ask both of the users their point of view and what their perspective is and then resolve the situation, and if they do it again it will lead them into a demotion or a timeout.

I should mention - staff have zero authority over demotions, and what do you mean by a timeout?

I would tp to him and tell him the rules about the game and that this server is a very serious roleplay server and that if he doesn't roleplay then he can join an other server. And if he starts roleplaying I will request a Corporal+ to come and train the cadet.

I would probably omit the whole "if he doesnt roleplay then he can join another server." thing. Some players simply don't know what roleplay servers are, therefore usually wont show intention to RP. Try a more lenient and forgiving approach, and try detail what you'd do for if they listen or don't listen.

All in all man, I don't think you're a good fit for moderator. -1 Fix up your answers with this feedback in mind and I might change my mind on ya.

Ive seen you around on the server and you are showing the Motivation and involvement required to become a member of the staff team,
However as stated by fellow moderators, as you are young and you need to remember to uphold a sense of maturity when it comes to the role.
Your application is decent and covers the needed traits, perhaps a bit more detail within your responses such as communication with senior staff members for incidents that are above us such as the DDos threat.

I wish you best with your app

Denied.

You may reapply in 1 month.