Sign in to follow this  
Murphy

Murphy - CW: Trial Event Master Application

Posted (edited)
  • Do you have Teamspeak 3 installed?

Yes
  • Are you willing to test your stress?

Yes
  • What is your age? (Minimum of 14 years of age.)

• List your current playtime:

• Are you willing to learn new ways to approach situations?

Yes
  • Do you have any active warns?

No
  • Do you have any problems with any of our current staff members?

No
  • Steam ID:

STEAM_0:1:43544009
  • Steam Profile Link:

• Current in-game alias/rank:

Ukla Sudime. Knight
  • Previous Notable Names/Ranks/Positions

Staff Sergeant 6573 Murphy
  • How known are you on a scale of 1-10?

5-6
  • How will you bring new and creative event ideas to the server?:

Well I have always thought of myself as a creative person sometimes when it comes to star wars but I am getting bored of non exciting events a lot of the time, most the time there can be not much to do. I would like to change that and make it so everybody has a role to play in an event, I hope I didn't make it seem as if I was bashing on the events just now. If players do not enjoy my events I will ask some staff or other event masters who played in the event to see where I went wrong and try and improve on that next time.
    For events I would put in stuff like Slices for RC a lot of hostiles for normal troopers, vehicles from time to time and a lot more.
  • Have you participated in many of our Events?:

Yes I have participated in many events over my Short time in GG, I have been ECS, Jedi, RC ,and a regular Trooper. I have gotten to see almost all of the sides of the war in different eyes. It is truly an amazing experience playing in Events.
  • Are you familiar with Gmod's wide range of NPC tools? (Provide examples):

I am familiar with a few tools one in particular is Notarget this tool is used by EC's that are on the "bad side" and EMS who are running the event to avoid getting shot whilst noclipping, the tool makes you seem invisible to the hostiles but you are still yet very visible by other players. The Notarget tool works like a charm you simply aim down right click and then the hostiles will not be firing or attacking you in any way possible it is as if you are a friend to them.
  • Name 3 tools that are at an Event Masters disposal within events and leave a small comment detailing each of their uses:

Turbolaser: Turbolaser is a tool that allows you to spawn in lasers that fire. You have the option of being able to choose how many lasers you want to fire and changing the colors of the lasers!! You can fire these lasers at a muni, this can create a very cool illusion that the ships are firing at eachother.

No-Target: No target is a tool where you right click looking down at your feet to make it seem as if the hostiles cannot see you. If you were to play an evil EC in an event you will need to utilise this tool regularly. This tool is also extremely useful for the EM team as it prevents hostile NPC's from shooting at you whilst in noclip which can also take away from the players immersion.

Dispenser: The dispenser tool is a core part of being an event master, it spawns the droids with their pod. I am aware this tool is glitched though so I am certain I won't use the NPC aspect of the tool and spawn the droids manually.

There are more I know but it told me to list 3 so I did so 🙂
  • Are you aware of how much a Gmod server can take or how unstable Gmod truly is?:

Yes it could depend on the map we choose because said map can have a profound impact on its stability, it could also be the EM spawning in too many entities.
  • Do you understand that you are not allowed to abuse your staff rank's powers outside of events? Provide 3 examples detailing different situations that would be considered abuse:

Yes I am aware that you can abuse your powers some abuse could be stuff such as: Spawning droids on base without telling anyone and then the droids end up literally killing everyone, another one could be you randomly !slay 'ing someone without their permission and just doing it randomly because you are bored. It will even be worse if you continuously do it. . Another example is using Phys gun on a player without getting their permission to do it.
  • Do you have any event experience? e.g. played a key character in an event before:

Yes I have had my fair share of playing as an EC I have gone from a troubled mother to a evil CIS scientist engineer who is working on weapon schematics. Only a few days ago I did a mini-event with Slash, Bread, 91st, and 13th. I think that could count as some experience on for event experience. Of course I have played in actual events as a trooper, Jedi etc multiple times so I would say I do have some experience.
  • On a scale of 1-10, how much lore knowledge do you have?

6-7
  • On a scale of 1-10, how familiar are you with ulx commands?

• Make a comment regarding the recent events on our server and how they have inspired you to become an event master:

Well if anything it was the mini-event I did with Slash, Bread, 91st, and 13th. If not that it is probably not the actual events themselves it is just me thinking of battle scenarios in my head and wondering how they could play out, if I were to become an EM I would be able to execute said scenarios but into an event. But no Events other than the mini-event has really inspired me into becoming an EM. Lately I think the events have been great though.
  • Do you understand that most events rely mainly on improvisation and mainly nothing goes to plan (ever)?

Yes I am aware this does happen most of the time if something may go wrong such as an EC having to go or we cannot execute the event. Let's say an EC can't come because of IRL stuff, first I would check the EC contact discord and see if anybody said "Need anymore?" If so problem solved. Let's say that doesn't happen and I have to improvise now. It would depend on the character, let's say it is a Tactical droid. I would put in comms "Troopers! I have just received word that the tactical droid has been killed under unknown circumstances!"
  • How confident are you in providing briefings, debriefings, and in ensuring you're able to direct players throughout your events?

I am sure I would be nervous my first few times, if I do become an event master I would get more used to it in my time as one probably something like after  my 2nd or 3rd event I would be better. Of course after my first event I would ask other players for feedback on briefings and debriefings.
  • An event doesn't go to plan and General Grievous is crushed by an elevator. Players are laughing at you. What do you do?

First off I would turn it into RP let's also say that is event is on base. I would say something along the lines of "The General has escaped! Troopers Send out search parties all over the base immediately!" Suddenly Grievous's ship lands, he gets inside, he flies to the muni. After that we would not be able to find him again as his Muni would have left.
  • A user is bad mouthing your events. How do you react?

if they have a lot of experience on the server I will PM them and ask if they are available for a chat on TS and then after they give me their feedback and after so I would improvise from their feedback hoping to make my events better in the future.
  • You have to go AFK in the middle of an event you are running and there are no backups available. What should you have done to avoid this?

If my game crashes or I have to leave temporarily. I would ask another staff member in chat to do some spawns for me until I return. If I have to fully leave, I would ask a staff member come into my channel and explain my event to them and have them finish it off or if no staff are available I would finish the Event early. to avoid this I should have my day planned out  and ensure my parents/guardians will know I will be busy during the time.
  • Players and a few staff members are complaining about the amount of lag they're dealing with during your event. How do you resolve this?

If this is happening I would probably have to slow down my spawns otherwise the server would lag too much and the server and would crash, another reason could be too many props spawned in for the event to resole that I could take out some props that are not being used. I would tone down on spawning entities so fast and limit down to about 1-2 pods. After the Event I would apologize for the lag in debrief and then I will know not to do that in the future
  • To conclude your app. you are required to create and design your own event. This includes planets, maps and stage actions. Include lots of detail in your event design. You are required to involve PassiveRP elements.

I can't fix my screenshots but here is the link:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1I5JrT8laIe6jesPamuK14fIcWfjaXzXRHRYS4vahlWU/edit?usp=sharing
Edited by Murphy
  • Thinking 1
  • -1 1
  • +1 3

29 minutes ago, Murphy said:

How known are you on a scale of 1-10?

You have placed a 0 on being well known. Implying that almost no one is currently aware of your presence on the server. I have seen you around but not at a high presence. I feel that the most cliché answer to this is that TeamSpeak3 is the most common way to get your name known on the server. Getting to talk around and speak to many members of the community is one of the best methods to get yourself well known.

35 minutes ago, Murphy said:
  • On a scale of 1-10, how much lore knowledge do you have?

•  

Watch the shows, movies or get a good knowledge. (Unless you forgot to add a digit) If you have no knowledge this can cause a pain in your events using lore models that you don't even know are lore models, PKing lore characters, or doing something completely FailRP without even knowing. You clearly have some knowledge of Star Wars as you understand the languages, races etc. So I can take that this is a possible typo.

The application itself is well constructed. Your answers are well built and showing that you understand all the boxes of being an Event Master. Your scenarios are very well constructed but you have some moments that you can be seen as a slightly mingy member and can be immature at some times. You can have this sometimes but you seem to always attempt to keep your cool. A factor is your age, I also am 14 years old and when I was running for Trial EM, a thing is that you always need to show that you are a mature community member and that you should show that you are a great candidate for staff. That is the only downside other than that you are actively going around as an EC. I will be leaving a neutral as your application is good, just want to see how you are as the application is up. I have left feedback to your application and if you want anymore feedback reach me on discord.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Gecko said:

You have placed a 0 on being well known. Implying that almost no one is currently aware of your presence on the server. I have seen you around but not at a high presence. I feel that the most cliché answer to this is that TeamSpeak3 is the most common way to get your name known on the server. Getting to talk around and speak to many members of the community is one of the best methods to get yourself well known.

Watch the shows, movies or get a good knowledge. (Unless you forgot to add a digit) If you have no knowledge this can cause a pain in your events using lore models that you don't even know are lore models, PKing lore characters, or doing something completely FailRP without even knowing. You clearly have some knowledge of Star Wars as you understand the languages, races etc. So I can take that this is a possible typo.

The application itself is well constructed. Your answers are well built and showing that you understand all the boxes of being an Event Master. Your scenarios are very well constructed but you have some moments that you can be seen as a slightly mingy member and can be immature at some times. You can have this sometimes but you seem to always attempt to keep your cool. A factor is your age, I also am 14 years old and when I was running for Trial EM, a thing is that you always need to show that you are a mature community member and that you should show that you are a great candidate for staff. That is the only downside other than that you are actively going around as an EC. I will be leaving a neutral as your application is good, just want to see how you are as the application is up. I have left feedback to your application and if you want anymore feedback reach me on discord.

Oh noo it must have glitched or something, I do know a lot of lore I have watched a lot of star wars. I am so sorry this has happened, I am something more like a 6-7 I know quite a bit. I have edited both now.

Edited by Murphy

Posted (edited)

Murphey my boy I have seen you in game and had a few fun chats and your a great guy, I don't mind the application at all but the most thing you should work on is just randomly joining TS channels but if there PTE with permission of course and just meet some new people, the best part about EM staff would not only be making the events it will also be making people enjoy their day on gateway.. Part from that honestly be awesome to have you as EM in the future, don't give up        +1   Love yah

Edited by Sevy
  • Confused 1

You came to me personally with your application and I think that shows how much you want this role. You are well known throughout the community but my only other advice is pop in and out peoples team speaks (As long as you ask for permission to do so) and have not only the community but other staff get to know you better. Your answers are really thought out and you have a good plan here. +1 My friend. Good luck!

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Sevy said:

Murphey my boy I have seen you in game and had a few fun chats and your a great guy, I don't mind the application at all but the most thing you should work on is just randomly joining TS channels but if there PTE with permission of course and just meet some new people, the best part about EM staff would not only be making the events it will also be making people enjoy their day on gateway.. Part from that honestly be awesome to have you as EM in the future, don't give up        +1   Love yah

Thank you very much Sevy 🙂

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Florida said:

You came to me personally with your application and I think that shows how much you want this role. You are well known throughout the community but my only other advice is pop in and out peoples team speaks (As long as you ask for permission to do so) and have not only the community but other staff get to know you better. Your answers are really thought out and you have a good plan here. +1 My friend. Good luck!

Thanks Florida, I will float around in more Teamspeak channels  from time to time.

• Like 1

You approached me alongside florry on this em app and that is to show that you really are to commit on being an EM, one heaps of advice though branch out on teamspeak and in-game to make your name better well known. besides that I'll be giving you a +1 on this app you made, detailed and on to the point.

Good Luck Murphy ❤️

• Love 1
  • +1 1

Sloth approved the submission
  • Haha 1

This dude is super creative and has showed me his creativity with event ideas. He is a great roleplayer with a great attitude on becoming an EM. 

+1

Good luck on your app!

• +1 1

6 hours ago, Bread said:

This dude is super creative and has showed me his creativity with event ideas. He is a great roleplayer with a great attitude on becoming an EM. 

+1

Good luck on your app!

Hey thanks for the kind feedback bread!

On 6/11/2021 at 12:52 AM, Slash said:

You approached me alongside florry on this em app and that is to show that you really are to commit on being an EM, one heaps of advice though branch out on teamspeak and in-game to make your name better well known. besides that I'll be giving you a +1 on this app you made, detailed and on to the point.

Good Luck Murphy ❤️

Thank you so much Slash! 😄