Ronald Mcdonald - IMP: Trial Event Master Application

• Do you have Teamspeak 3 installed?

Yes
  • Are you willing to test your stress?

Yes
  • What is your age? (Minimum of 14 years of age.)

• List your current playtime:

• Are you willing to learn new ways to approach situations?

Yes
  • Do you have any active warns?

No
  • Do you have any problems with any of our current staff members?

No
  • Steam ID:

STEAM_0:0:237407414
  • Steam Profile Link:

• Current in-game alias/rank:

CPL IC-1135 | Acolyte Boris
  • Previous Notable Names/Ranks/Positions

N/A
  • How known are you on a scale of 1-10?

• How will you bring new and creative event ideas to the server?:

Bringing in events I think people will enjoy + new ideas and different aspects of roleplay.
  • Have you participated in many of our Events?:

I have participated in many events as a trooper doing RP and as an EC to help out.
  • Are you familiar with Gmod's wide range of NPC tools? (Provide examples):

I am familiar with the basics and some of the advanced stuff, I use most of the tools whilst I am doing passive RP as an EC.
  • Name 3 tools that are at an Event Masters disposal within events and leave a small comment detailing each of their uses:

Tool gun: The tool gun is used to do a multitude of things as an EM such as notarget, spawn in NPCs, build props for their event and making ships hyperspace and shoot turbo lasers.
    No target: This tool stops NPCs from shooting the EM and any ECs helping out in the event and is found under the Server Tools tab.
    Advanced Duplicator 2: This tool is used to copy building/props they have made and paste them into their event.
  • Are you aware of how much a Gmod server can take or how unstable Gmod truly is?:

Yes, I have been in many events as an EC and a trooper and seen if there are too many NPCs/Ships/Unfrozen Props it will cause the server to lag/crash.
  • Do you understand that you are not allowed to use your staff rank's powers outside of events? Provide 3 examples detailing different situations that would be considered abuse:

Yes, being a moderator I already understand the rules set in place such as No clipping around because you are lazy or want to hear people talking, No using !sam commands to Kill a play, Remodeling them without a reason, set their health higher than it is supposed to be, tping players to the skybox or to the corner of the map and No spawning in props to glitch/benefit yourself such as guns and dropships.
  • Do you have any event experience? e.g. played a key character in an event before:

I have had no experience running event but I have helped out as an EC and as a Mod a lot so I understand how things are run during and before events.
  • On a scale of 1-10, how much knowledge of the Imperial Era do you have?

• On a scale of 1-10, how familiar are you with ulx commands?

• Make a comment regarding the recent events on our server and how they have inspired you to become an event master:

Lately, I have participated in a large amount of events as an EC, however, I have noticed I am really starting to enjoy assisting the EMs & making roleplay for myself and others. I have put a lot of thought into this, and I wish to transfer my moderator rank to Trial Event Master.
  • Do you understand that most events rely mainly on improvisation and mainly nothing goes to plan (ever)?

Yes, I do and have been In these types of situations a lot due to me being an EC and a moderator.
  • How confident are you in providing briefings, debriefings, and in ensuring you're able to direct players throughout your events?

I am pretty confident as I have talked to a lot of people inside and outside of RP about being an EM and I am really excited to implement my own ideas.
  • An event doesn't go to plan and Kanan Jarrus is crushed by an elevator. Players are laughing at you. What do you do?

I would switch up my plan and respawn Kanan Jarrus somewhere else and say that we have run a scan of the area and found he escaped through the elevator shaft then send the troopers to the location he "escaped to."
  • A user is bad mouthing your events. How do you react?

I would ask them to give me some constructive criticism either inside or outside of RP and if they actually give me good feedback I would see what I can do to improve my events. If they continue to bad mouth my events I would ask them to stop and if they keep on annoying me I would pass it off to the staff team.
  • You have to go AFK in the middle of an event you are running and there are no backups available. What should you have done to avoid this?

If I had to go AFK for a long period of time I would try my best to end the event as quickly as possible whilst still trying to complete the main objective of the "mission" But if I only needed to go afk for 2 - 3 mins I would ask my EC to distracted the players.
  • Players and a few staff members are complaining about the amount of lag they're dealing with during your event. How do you resolve this?

I would instantly start reducing the amount of NPCs/Props then slowly start spawning in what I need after the server calms down a bit.
  • To conclude your app. you are required to create and design your own event. This includes planets, maps and stage actions. Include lots of detail in your event design. You are required to involve PassiveRP elements.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FkJGANeZMxxJxuKJOXxrVocFvPTfbKWmkKQ6socOYrQ/edit?usp=sharing
  • s8n locked and unlocked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Your app isn't bad there are some good points and bad points.

I have worked with you in the past and can be immature sometimes but you can be really serious at times when needed.

+1 

Good luck.

Edited by Koby
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Maxonok locked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...