Link

Complaint about the Staff of Imperial RP server

Hello this is TK-1802 LINK, I would like to report of bias among the moderators on the Imperial server I’m on. I have actively asked staff members to please help me with this bullying, and asked them to record to try and find evidence and help me. They told me they were “ there for me “. I recently got off a one day ban, and everytime I come online I do feel heavily targeted by certain people around me. Any small things someone can pull me up for, but not others, they will. I have been much more respectful and involving myself in RP actively, events, ive even been getting along with 16th medical, and shock a lot better. I did not start any disrespectful actions at all tonight. At around 10:15-10:30pm, the server had less then 15 people and some ISB members, I can’t remember their full names but it was BACON, and MACK. They were mingling in the 501st training room so I said stop, they started to call me illiterate, and just hurtful things in general. Captain Das was there the whole time, and after awhile I snapped at their behaviour and killed 3 of them. Keep in mind that the server was under 15 people, and I ALSO GOT KILLED by them ASWELL. At that point it was just a game even though I was upset by their rude remarks. They then challenged me to this duel and I lost. They started placing rubbish on me and they told me I’m illiterate and that’s just facts when I said “PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE “ and “ STOP BULLYING ME “ they pushed my buttons and I finally exploded with some words like faggot and I did say kill yourself. The dueling continued with other members, multiple people were killing eachother. I DECIDED TO FILL IN A TICKET, about there pushing of my buttons. Baxton had answered my ticket and long story short, he said he was giving me a one week ban after seeing the messages I said, EVEN THOUGH I actually reported the ticket because they had started this incident ENTIRELY.  I requested das as a witness to tell him that they started it, which he did. But baxton chose their side over mine and overlooked their RDMING, he overlooked their player abuse towards me that happened long long before I snapped and insulted them back. When someone is being actively bullied, and then they snap and reach out for help, and as a result the person being bullied gets banned for snapping. It just seems so wrong and hurtful. I actually cried at this behaviour because I had been so good tonight on the server.  I even received some compliments from 2 moderators on my good behaviour. I had no desire to hurt anyone, or break RP rules. It makes me feel very worthless when I get punished for snapping back at bullies. Ever since I’ve been unbanned people have tried to get me in trouble and Many 501st members have witnessed them doing this. I believe a moderator even had a recording but this isn’t the point. I just wanted people to leave me alone. These guys who rdmed me and bullied me walk free while I am banned for snapping back at them.

. @Beatroot @Zia ( I don’t know Baxtons username ) 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Sad 1

@Johan Nose

I wasn’t there but I’m tending to side with Link on this one; the Government dudes have been known to start shit as of late. Beatroot and Zia you’d remember that on the night of the Chimaera’s accident they came up to the bridge and started picking on the Engineers to get them arrested (more so than they already were that night). Of course behaviour like telling someone to commit suicide is something that we absolutely do not stand for (even in downtime) but if someone has been pushed to their limits from unsolicited bullying after repeatedly asking them to stop then both sides should be held accountable. Again, I wasn’t there so I have no idea exactly how it went down or what was said to either party but from a purely observational point of view I’m going to side with Link on this one. The man came back from a tough ban willing and ready to behave and play the game like everyone else with a sensible outlook and if it was ruined by some Government players starting shit then that’s not really fair. It’s not cool to tell people to kill themselves, but the server has a no bullying policy as well.

• Dislike 2
  • +1 1

(Moved report to correct location)

@Link
Link there has been multiple tickets opened on you since your return and it all seems to stem from you calling someone some names after some form of interaction with them. Yesterday or the day before it was Shock and now tonight it is Regional Government. I was updated on the situation that unfolded tonight and killing people after they've correct you in terms of spelling or called you "illiterate" does not validate your actions.. You Killed them and told them to kill themselves at some point which is the evidence we received to issue you with your second ban. It burdens me to see you constantly landing in trouble and it is upsetting your peers in 501st also. I can assure you no staff were out to get you or wanted to make your life harder, they've been watching you sure but only to ensure you are doing the right thing and to ensure no one is doing other things to you as well. The only reason I know of this situation is because I was the one to call it down to a week instead of a Permanent Ban from our Imperial Server. 

"Under no Circumstance can you tell another player to kill themselves whether it be Downtime or during a serious RP orientated situation which is something you do not seem to understand".

I can assure the other two people have been punished as well. We are not going to let rule breaks slide whether they be ethically correct or not. The reason it is such a serious punishment for you is due to the fact you were banned for saying it to a staff member. You have a week ban that is more then justified for telling people to kill themselves alone. You now have the option to reflect on your actions and come back as a reformed gentlemen, Or you return and continue your malicious behaviour and be banned permanently. 

Posted (edited)

Hello Sir,

So basically from what Das told me is that YOU went up to them and called the Reg Gov minges at the 830 event which triggered all this. I did take everything into account and ensure that the required punishment was dealt with, I personally wanted to perm ban you but I was told not to by higher staff members of the Imperial.

47 minutes ago, Link said:

They told me they were “ there for me “

The staff team has babied you and attempted to cater you since your return to the server, I haven't personally seen any improvement. It is upsetting to see this as it saddens me that I was also trying to back you up and defend you. You left me no choice but to ban you,

47 minutes ago, Link said:

I finally exploded with some words like faggot and I did say kill yourself.

Again, no matter what circumstances is this allowed on the GG community, this is punishable with a permanent ban but you are lucky that @Beatroot only left it to a 1 week ban. I have hard proof of you stating these inappropriate words, and I have seen abuse other players because every ticket I see is "Link did this, Link did that" it hasn't stopped and I've left it with just giving you a  slap on the wrist. You have caused the staff team a lot of trouble with us trying to help you and simply having to be babied all the time, it is unfair to the staff team to have to sit there and baby you throughout the whole time and you never learn as a player and you keep repeating the same offences, such as Player abuse, RDM, attempted RDM and failRP.

I had a chat with Bacon and Macka and I was told that they all the did was correct a spelling mistake, which then lead to the events to you calling them the words stated in your response, I gave them both verbal warnings as to be weary of what they say and what they do to other players of the community as they didn't actually do anything majorly wrong. 

I want you to understand, as a staff member it is my job to take ALL accounts of your past into account into each scenario that is dealt with the suspect or victim. I got both sides of the story and judged you with a 1 week ban. I suggest you really wait this out and reflect on your actions and come back to the server fresh if the ban doesn't change.

Be glad that you didn't get permanently banned off the server because I wanted to however I was stopped by a higher staff member.

Thank you, Sir.

Edited by Johan Nose
  • Thanks 1

I should have also complained about my sit yesterday. I was arrested for 15 minutes and sent to a sit by Vertigo for this reason;

climb swep tapping him ONCE on the way to debrief. It was in no way meant to harm him at all it was a brand new map rotation just after an event, I was excited running around happily and I tapped him and then he arrested me; and he told me he was sending me a sit for player abuse. I absolutely was shocked at this over exaggeration and foolish call. I don’t want to involve others but multiple people in /OOC were complaining about vertigo s choice saying things like “ come on man just leave him alone “ and “ let him go “ etc. yesterday’s incident was so little and it’s more evidence that people want to just pick on me over any small thing. The amount of tickets called on me is FURTHER evidence that people over anything little will put a ticket on me. Yes I called them minges and said stop? It’s nothing comparable to literally insulting someone. He was also making fun of my penis size. I even apologised to them after killing them and they said “ ok back to being judgmental again “. I was the bigger person until they pushed me to my limit. You’re just being even more bias now. I reported several tickets of bullying and tried defended myself.  But it seems because I’m new and because of my past ban nobody will listen to me. @Johan Nose das said that I said they were minging , which they were. Telling someone to stop minging isn’t comparable to what they said. If you keep saying hurtful things to someone can you really be suprised when they finally snap. Yes I do think what I said was too far, but it would have never happened if they didn’t push my buttons after countless tries of me saying “ please stop “ “ please leave me alone “ they were in OUR training room. 

• Dislike 1

Judging by this mere thread you have jumped the gun or made things sound crazier than they really are which I must confess I've seen from you before with the few incidents you and me/16th have. Though I do see you points and agree to some extend I strongly believe this one week ban would be the wisest choice which will allow you to see the flaws and hopefully improve on whatever you deemed required.

Sadly your track record is quite awful when it comes to staff sits or issues in general, of course I speak from experience as I've personally run into issues with you with ARDM/RDM, Light Res Bashing, toxic sayings to me and my fellow 16th and being told that we bully you. I'm cool with banter and I do enjoy a little fucking around but all your cases just came off as rude and semi targeted at it as if you wanted a reaction from me or my mates. Due to the sits I've been in which had anything to do with you I tend to keep away from you and your groups as I fear another incident and I'm quite sick of being pulled out of my RP sessions because of you.

I would strongly advise improving your way of doing things as it seems you take offence to a good amount of things so perhaps attempting to steer clear of those you know will attempt to hurt your feelings, get your feelings in check and remember you are playing a gmod server so anything that insult you can't really do much other than that, insult you. Soon enough the insults will mean nothing and you will move on. I also see that your reaction is rather crazy and the more minging or ruder people will insult you to get that reaction out of you, just alt tab, ignore them or simply call for a ticket as soon as you feel attacked. RDMing and telling the other dude to kill himself isn't gonna fix anything and will simply worsen the case which I believe got you the one week ban.

I know you mean well and tend to be an fine addition to 501st's roster but you need to cool off as you have caused more harm than good. Take my advice and please don't take it as a attack as I would much prefer that you go well on Gateway's servers instead of being thrown into the ban list for good. Of course I'm no staff but I've been around long enough to see some great players fall from grace due to their mere attitude on the servers, don't do the same and be open to change and you will be a nice player. 

• Like 2

Resolved.

A discussion between myself, @Link, @Johan Nose, & @Zia has been held and a resolve was concluded. There has been no Bias or targeting of Link, if anything leniency and attempts of help were made by the staff team to aid Links situation.

• Like 3