Sign in to follow this  
1490 black

1490 black - CW: Trial Event Master Application

• Do you have Teamspeak 3 installed?

Yes
  • Are you willing to test your stress?

Yes
  • What is your age? (Minimum of 14 years of age.)

• List your current playtime:

• Are you willing to learn new ways to approach situations?

Yes
  • Do you have any active warns?

no
  • Do you have any problems with any of our current staff members?

No
  • Steam ID:

• Steam Profile Link:

• Current in-game alias/rank:

SSGT
  • Previous Notable Names/Ranks/Positions

Dont have any
  • How known are you on a scale of 1-10?

• How will you bring new and creative event ideas to the server?:

I would like to help make fun events for everyone to play and enjoy
  • Have you participated in many of our Events?:

Iv played for like 3 or more weeks and been on for most events only missed like 4 or 5
  • Are you familiar with Gmod's wide range of NPC tools? (Provide examples):

half half I know a few but semi new to gmod
  • Name 3 tools that are at an Event Masters disposal within events and leave a small comment detailing each of their uses:

hologram tool hyperspace and turbo lasers
  • Are you aware of how much a Gmod server can take or how unstable Gmod truly is?:

Yes I am I have heard stories of people getting hacked and people getting there pc's destroyed
    By viruses etc
  • Do you understand that you are not allowed to abuse your staff rank's powers outside of events? Provide 3 examples detailing different situations that would be considered abuse:

1using your staff powers to kill people or tp somewhere they cant get out of 2 /killing someone for no reason 3 dont freeze people for no reason cause your board and wanna see what happens
  • Do you have any event experience? e.g. played a key character in an event before:

only an ec slot
  • On a scale of 1-10, how much lore knowledge do you have?

• On a scale of 1-10, how familiar are you with ulx commands?

• Make a comment regarding the recent events on our server and how they have inspired you to become an event master:

well railgun hide an seek was one of them I really liked gecko has cool events I think the ems do really good
  • Do you understand that most events rely mainly on improvisation and mainly nothing goes to plan (ever)?

yes I do but all you can do is keep thinking and make them go a different rout
  • How confident are you in providing briefings, debriefings, and in ensuring you're able to direct players throughout your events?

half half I can do it
  • An event doesn't go to plan and General Grievous is crushed by an elevator. Players are laughing at you. What do you do?

wouldn't normally happen and he accidentally got crushed I would say please void that and respawn him or I would just continue the event with a new objective
  • A user is bad mouthing your events. How do you react?

don't listen if he does not like it that's just him and few more people there's always other who will like it
  • You have to go AFK in the middle of an event you are running and there are no backups available. What should you have done to avoid this?

see if any other ems are on or tell another staff member
  • Players and a few staff members are complaining about the amount of lag they're dealing with during your event. How do you resolve this?

find what is making the server lag and fix it
  • To conclude your app. you are required to create and design your own event. This includes planets, maps and stage actions. Include lots of detail in your event design. You are required to involve PassiveRP elements.

Map Venetor: have 4 munis come out of hyperspace and Jedi hunter droid and droid commandos sneak onto the ship while the turbo lasers are going off and take the ship out from the inside take some info off the ship delete the rest when done and also stealing clone weaponry and armour [Passive event] have a team of RC try and steal the armour and weaponry un detected.

Black you are a good guy and I would love to play your events but you do need to work on ULX commands and your knowledge I do think you can do it but just try and work on that but for now +1

9 minutes ago, 1490 black said:

• Map Venetor: have 4 munis come out of hyperspace and Jedi hunter droid and droid commandos sneak onto the ship while the turbo lasers are going off and take the ship out from the inside take some info off the ship delete the rest when done and also stealing clone weaponry and armour [Passive event] have a team of RC try and steal the armour and weaponry un detected.

That isn't what you suppose to do, what you have to do is to set up a google document and write down your event idea.

I want you to check other peoples applications and read through it, then you might get an idea.

Also, you need to write down full paragraph on your application, there is no effort being put to it, it's just plain and simple.

I might go neutral for this one, so please fix up your application and give it more effort and lot more words to it, I guess?

I have a few pointers I would love for you to take on as feedback, Black. You should take some time to look at other EM applications and take a note you're application is quite dull and you want to take some time to work on this some assistant pointers are :
-Summarizing all questions into paragraphs which are well detailed.
-Having the knowledge, taking some time in Singleplayer learning each tool and getting a great understanding of what Tools EM's will be using on a daily basis and what the expectation of your knowledge should be.
-Ensuring that you are well equipped when going for the role of Event Master
-Ensure you have a very detailed Event Idea, Instead of a single paragraph.
Majority of your application is very dull and all one line sentences, I would recommended taking some time and drafting a very good application in Google Docs before copying over the Forums. I will not be leaving a +1/-1 I am giving feedback before I have a final verdict on your application.

Some pointers in getting around :

-Get more well known as an Event Character assisting EMs and having a well known presence in the Event Character Presence
-Float around in TeamSpeak and talk to others.

In a Summary :
Your application is dull lacking the key pointers it would take to supply a well-fitted application for the role of Event Master. You need to take some time and learn what the qualities of an EM is, like a good tool knowledge and a decently well known.

If you wish to seek more feedback, Gecko#7790 :~) on discord

• Like 1

I would suggest getting a bit more playtime on the server and its events before revisiting the application, just spending time with others allows you to gel from their experience and knowledge. If you have any specific questions I know for a fact that all the current EM's would be more than happy to answer them, as well as giving you heaps of super useful pointers and tips. 

As of now I am also Neutral, however that could easily change once you get more experience and revisit this application. 

Good luck ❤️

Hey Black, 

I think this application is a bit rushed, I'm by no means an EM to be able to judge this but just take a look at the other applications and how much time they have spent creating it. I also believe you're quite new to the server, and maybe should take some more time learning the server, what players do/don't like in events, how to involve certain regiments into events, learn how to use the tools provided to you efficiently and test what each one does (In Singleplayer).

Also, I recently witnessed you shoot at a few troopers (you missed on purpose) including myself as a joke, and obviously I didn't shoot back but a brand new player to the server did shoot back at you, and he RDM'd you and almost me. I'm not saying this was completely your fault, I just think shooting at someone innocently walking by was a bit of a drag and caused a big situation that could've been prevented. (Not sure if this is relevant since it's more of a EM application, and not a Moderation application but still thought I would point this out).

To summarize, I really like you're activity, but you don't have enough experience on Gateway or with the Garrys Mod tools. I definitely think you'll be a great EM if you learnt the server/tools and reapplied shortly, I just don't think this application was the one. Like I said, read the other applications and don't give up. Good luck.