• Current in-game alias/rank:

Training Operative David Thorn
  • Previous Notable Names/Ranks/Positions

N/A
  • Steam ID:

STEAM_0:0:54895210
  • Steam Profile Link:

• List your current playtime (in hours) on our RP servers:

• What is your age? (Minimum of 14 years of age.)

• How well known are you on a scale of 1-10?

• Do you have Teamspeak 3 installed?

Yes
  • Do you enjoy helping other people?

Yes
  • Are you willing to test your stress?

Yes
  • Do you believe you're able to deal with individuals and situations in a completely unbiased manner?

Yes
  • Do you have any problems with any of our current staff members?

No
  • Are you willing to learn new ways to approach situations?

Yes
  • Do you have any active warns?

No
  • How will you becoming a moderator impact our community?

Becoming a moderator I would be able to still do my position within the ISB and be an active staff, I can manage both easily and with a little to none stress and give both all the time they need.
  • Do you understand that as a member of the Staff Team, your position may be subject to change and / or termination should you not be performing to the degree stipulated? Do you also understand that a staff role is one that comes with the expectation of commiting time to helping the users of the server (Up to 20 hours a week)?

Yes
  • A user is RDMing and insulting other users. You are the only staff available to deal with the situation. What do you do?

I would kick and warn them for RDM and Abusive behavior, if they persist I would give them a one day ban then inform Higher ups on the situation
  • A user has contested a warn you have given him and proceeds to verbally abuse you, what do you do?

Ask another staff member to take over as this situation can turn bias
  • A user has threatened to DDos and take down the server. What do you do?

Perma ban them as DDoS threats are taken very seriously, and will not be tolerated
  • A Commander and Lieutenant are arguing in front of debrief. It is getting quite heated. The context to the argument is unknown to you. What do you do?

get them both out of DB and resolve the issue where other users cannot witness this act.
  • A Cadet has been complaining and wandering around because he hasn't been trained yet. He doesn't appear to have any intent to role play. What do you do?

I would warn him with NITRP and if he persists I would kick him, and after the kick if he continues I would talk to higher ups for a course of action.
Edited by SkullRenegade
  • -1 2

Hello David Thorn,

So lets kick it off here, first things first you have only 7 hours within our community, this is not very long for someone who has a desire to become staff,  I recommend to get about 25-40 hours before applying that way you become more known within the community and stand out a bit more.

Secondly, you say your 21 which could be a plus side shows that you could be more mature then most players this is a plus in my eyes

Thirdly 

2 hours ago, SkullRenegade said:

Do you have any problems with any of our current staff members?

Yes

Not sure if this is true or not..... It's either that its true or you just didn't read the question.

Lastly the questions your answers were straight to the point and direct which isn't a bad thing but as a staff member we need to look at every possible scenario before dishing out a punishment, also would like to see more descriptive answers for example adding in some commands such as !tp !kick etc etc.

Overall I have no idea who you are and based on this app which has little to no effort put into it, shows to me that you will put in the same effort when being a staff member.

I am going to be giving this a -1.

Good Luck.

• Like 1

This application is very barebones nor has any form of effort been put in since the previous comment. 
To be frank I believe I have not seen you on the server at all. Regardless, it's a -1 from me.
Good luck with the application!

• +1 1

Gday Gamer, below I’ll be listing quotes from your application with relevant comments beneath them;

On 4/7/2021 at 7:23 PM, SkullRenegade said:

List your current playtime (in hours) on our RP servers:

As Johan stated, this isn’t very long to be applying for a position within the staffing team, however I do like to see the enthusiasm. Try gain 25-40 hours minimum so that not only can people get an idea of who you are as a player, but how well you conduct yourself server side.

On 4/7/2021 at 7:23 PM, SkullRenegade said:

How well known are you on a scale of 1-10?

I suggest playing the server more as stated in the previous comment, but even with that, interact on the forums more and in TeamSpeak. You’ll find players from CloneWars and Imperial always playing either Garry’s Mod or another game, I know for a fact half the TS all love to join a massive campaign of whatever game people are feeling. This helps people get to know you and your character, as opposed to small interactions ingame when the time grants it.

I won’t quote every section as it’ll be all the same from this point onwards, all the scenario questions are very bare bones as stated by Beatroot, and it doesn’t look as though much effort was put into them. Expand your answers and elaborate more on how you are dealing with the situation. 
for now, I’ll be -1’ing, however I wish you beat of luck applicant.

On 4/7/2021 at 6:53 PM, SkullRenegade said:
  • A user has contested a warn you have given him and proceeds to verbally abuse you, what do you do?

• Ask another staff member to take over as this situation can turn bias

This is an example of staff disrespect, the player should be warned for such. 

On 4/7/2021 at 6:53 PM, SkullRenegade said:
  • How will you becoming a moderator impact our community?

• Becoming a moderator I would be able to still do my position within the ISB and be an active staff, I can manage both easily and with a little to none stress and give both all the time they need.

It is an expectation that you are able to sustain a role in game and be a member of staff. Many commanders are a part of the staff team. It would be preferable to say something that you can bring that’s unique, like a hard drive or skilled leadership. 

Your answers are generally extremely barebones and lack detail as others have said. One thing I would recommend is utilising ulx commands in your responses to show off your knowledge.

another major issue, is that being in DT, I’m well aware of your existence. Though I have very little to say about you in terms of presence. I would like to see you more in the community before you become a member of staff.

Apologies but -1