Sign in to follow this  
Twat (Bill)

Twat (Bill) - IMP: Trial Event Master Application

• Do you have Teamspeak 3 installed?

Yes
  • Are you willing to test your stress?

Yes
  • What is your age? (Minimum of 14 years of age.)

• List your current playtime:

• Are you willing to learn new ways to approach situations?

Yes
  • Do you have any active warns?

No
  • Do you have any problems with any of our current staff members?

No
  • Steam ID:

STEAM_0:1:62251327
  • Steam Profile Link:

• Current in-game alias/rank:

Colonel Y.Hall
  • Previous Notable Names/Ranks/Positions

91st CO. Medical Officer Yorus. CG BARC Hall. 717th CO. ISB CO.
  • How known are you on a scale of 1-10?

• How will you bring new and creative event ideas to the server?:

Bring a greater story aspect to events which allows for different regiments to RP according to their roles.
  • Have you participated in many of our Events?:

Yes, many.
  • Are you familiar with Gmod's wide range of NPC tools? (Provide examples):

I haven't used the NPC tools before. I will need to be taught.
  • Name 3 tools that are at an Event Masters disposal within events and leave a small comment detailing each of their uses:

1. Turbolaser Tool: Allows ship turbolaser volleys to be used against other ships/players when in a situation which involves air to ground attacks.
    2. Advanced Dupe 2: Allows me to spawn in premade creations which can be used to aid the story of my event. Does not waste player time at the start of the event as I already have it planned.
    3. Ship Destruction Tool: Gives a greater immersive experience for the players and their actions during an event as it gives opportunity to destroy vehicles. This is comparable to removing the prop.
  • Are you aware of how much a Gmod server can take or how unstable Gmod truly is?:

Not it's extent but I know spawning lots of props and NPCs can cause issues.
  • Do you understand that you are not allowed to use your staff rank's powers outside of events? Provide 3 examples detailing different situations that would be considered abuse:

I understand.
    1. Using the toolgun to noclip myself during an event.
    2. Giving other troopers EC characters for them to RDM other players with.
    3. Using the tool and phys guns on players without a valid event reason.
  • Do you have any event experience? e.g. played a key character in an event before:

I've played ECs multiple times. On the Imperial server, I have played characters for the regiment as well as an EC for an event.
  • On a scale of 1-10, how much knowledge of the Imperial Era do you have?

• On a scale of 1-10, how familiar are you with ulx commands?

• Make a comment regarding the recent events on our server and how they have inspired you to become an event master:

I enjoy the story aspect of the events recently. I have thinking up story opportunities of my own and I believe it would be easier to be an EM rather than ask current EMs.
  • Do you understand that most events rely mainly on improvisation and mainly nothing goes to plan (ever)?

Yes. I will attempt to have a plan organised for the events I make with contingencies thought of for the possible endings which could occur.
    To minimise the risk, I will attempt to make the event story clear to ensure the players have a direction to go to, with little reason to divert from it.
  • How confident are you in providing briefings, debriefings, and in ensuring you're able to direct players throughout your events?

Quite confident. I'm not too good at public speaking but I can deal with it.
  • An event doesn't go to plan and Kanan Jarrus is crushed by an elevator. Players are laughing at you. What do you do?

Play it off that he was injured, not killed. Improvise that the Rebels need to go rescue him.
    For the players, I would ignore them and play it off as it was intentionally.
  • A user is bad mouthing your events. How do you react?

Ignore it. They have an opinion which is fine. I will talk with the person after the event about what they didn't like and what they would have liked for the event instead. Use the feedback to better myself.
    If the person is truly annoying the community while they are trying to play the event, I would ask a Moderator to gag them until the event is over. Preferably don't do this as it puts a bad name on me.
  • You have to go AFK in the middle of an event you are running and there are no backups available. What should you have done to avoid this?

Ensure I have no prearranged plans with the irl activities. If something does come up shortly before my event, I rearrange the event time and let the Staff team know of my situation.
  • Players and a few staff members are complaining about the amount of lag they're dealing with during your event. How do you resolve this?

Start to delete some of the useless props on the map which I spawned. Reduce the amount of NPCs I spawn.
  • To conclude your app. you are required to create and design your own event. This includes planets, maps and stage actions. Include lots of detail in your event design. You are required to involve PassiveRP elements.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1glHRunG-jQ7LsXn0J9zX605vBQAcArmnHjhcchY0A-4/edit?usp=sharing
  • +1 5

Phat +1. 
Twang is a straight up baller OG of the server. 
He is one of the most composed and formally fun people I've played with. He will be a great EM who has a lot of potential. 

Goodluck mate.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

+1 

although I don’t majorly interact with you and ISB, when I do it’s always a fun yet serious time and you really make the players around you feel immersed, I’d love to see how you can implement that into a live event. 

• Love 1