Spirit

Spirit Slumbers

It's been a good long while I think. It's been a lengthy run, and I've taken on roles and responsibilities I certainly didn't plan on. I hope I did well enough in my roles for you girls and boys. 

With pressures of that elusive thing called real life, work, personal mental health, etc. means that I've worked myself up to a decision. As of today, I'm no longer an active member of the Executive, or any Server Staff teams. As of now I'm maintaining the role of Advisor to assist staff and @s8n in his efforts, as it takes a long time for people to gain the responsibility of operating the community's back end processes. 

I've got a little bit of a shortlist of some eetswa fellas that I've hit it off with along the way. Here we go.

@Maxonok, @Thunder/Dallas, @Strac @Jesse - The obligatory ode to the OG Regiment. All of you guys really formed my enjoyment for this community and are the ones who got me hooked. Always was a load of fun taking 7th and turning into a powerhouse. Always will remember the boys, even if I don't talk with some of you often.

@Ren - You seemed to think I wasn't a total retard, and accepted me into the team alongside the likes of some pretty cool fellas such as @Springs0 and @Kyroe. Thanks for being patient through the baby steps. 

@Vyve, @Lunar, @Jeff The Māori - Retards, Chumps and good mates all around. You guys really sort of helped shape what the staff team was during my own early days. I'll never forget the late nights of pure artform levels of minging, RHC bullshittery, and endless sources of stupid screenshots and quotes for the teamspeak channels. Maybe I'll come check out FiveM finally 🙂

@RedPanda - My personal favorite retard running Navy. Nelson Mandela is still terrorizing the streets of South Africa to this day 😭

@Corvus, @Sloth - You two really helped make 91st the best time I've had playing the server. I'm glad I poached you off of Vyve @Corvus.

@Coric - Senior in the staff team and Jedi until you dumped everything on me 😠. You've been a voice of reason, excellent role model and awesome person to be around throughout these past few years. Keep joining the teamspeak so we can play other gamezzzz.

@Ajax, @Beatroot, @Zia, @Rhinous, @Linguine, @Rippa - The Skumbagz. Never expected to interact with any of you very much early on, but I came to appreciate the solid advice, stupid gmod horror map runs, and laughs from all of you.

@Budds, @Aussi - For similar yet different reasons I always enjoy playing with and talking to you guys. Hope to continue doing so 🙂 

@Alluh, @Choog - I never took the chance to get to know you two very well before Imperial 2.0, but certainly glad I did so. Very good friends and won't be dropping from the DMs in a hurry 😉 

@s8n - Mans broke his vow of solo Management for me. In those days, he ran a one man show, and gave me the opportunities I've been so lucky to have. We all do our part, but Gateway really would be nothing without this man's steadfast commitments. Thanks Bhomas. 

I've met and gamed with far too many of you all to include everyone I'd like to, but any longer and this would go from cringe to giga cringe. You'll see me around.

Peace. 

96abf145597d41a067127d6bbf6fe03e.jpg

• Sad 4
  • Love 12
  • PepeHands 1
  • UMonkie 1
  • PhilChamp 1

Thanks for everything mate, a lot of my time on Gateway has changed for the better because of you, and you've been a great friend right to the end. Best of luck with everything brother. ❤️ 

Edited by Pluto
  • Love 1

it is very strange how i am mentioned but i dont get a shoutout 

• Angry React 1
  • Yikes 1

I'm sure i can say on behalf of the community; thank you for putting in large amounts of time and effort into something that gave other people so much enjoyment, I'm glad you're moving on and working on bettering yourself.  💟

you will always be my sidekick

• Sad 1
  • Love 1

Damn, Spirit is leaving. I'm big sad. I remember the days when you were my Mace and RHC at the same time, can't believe you took on both jobs at the same time lmao. Good luck to whatever commitments you have in real life, still hope we'll be playing valheim now and again 😉

Oh, I'll still be waiting for the day you finally change your profile picture hahahaha

• Love 1

Hey man. 
Goodluck with it all, may woolies treat you well. Enjoy and stay in contact!

• Like 1

Darn, I remember when I first became a event master and you just a moderator, I remember all the help you gave me during my events from being a EC to voicing most of my events whilst I was a mute EM, Thanks for everything you've done for Gateway, hope you're not going to end up permanently leaving gateway. I wish you the best of luck with our life endeavors.

• Like 1

damn man i remember when you taught me while i was a padawan, gonna miss ya dude

• Like 1

i didnt really talk to you much, but from what i seen when you were on the server it was pretty cool to have you around 🙂, good luck in the future spirit ❤️

Bittersweet moment, it's high time you either gave yourself a break - or actually started recieveing salary for your work here.

It wont be the same without you as the first-mate but it is a time of changing and nobody can say you havent earned your leave. Good to see you havent broken ties completely and I hope to game with you soon and into the future.

Now to share our first ever interaction.

66d5108f5a4684d9e670bf23cc576682.png

f1ae4bacb8e066741327db3f74d389cf.png

That was a tall order.

• Like 1

Damn I'm really going to miss those rare special community game nights you did they were alot of fun, you will be missed big man

GFMCAAu.jpg

EjS7xOd.jpg

• Haha 1

Good to see you take a break. You've deserved it. Your efforts from day one of my early staff trial days were never unnoticed. You always welcomed and supported whoever stepped into the staff team.

Seeya round ❤️ 

• Love 1

Sad to see you step down, you were great management to the server. We couldn't ask for anyone better, thank you for all your hard work for the Community. Take that break. I'm looking forward on playing Valhiem with you more! 

• MladySpirit 1

Goodbye sir, thankyou for teaching me job code. I appreciate the effort you took into teaching a sperg how to job code, I'm sorry I disappointed you 😞

Guest Kruger on MinecrafteL

This is Kruger on Minecraft OpenComputers mod bidding you farewell. I am typing this ingame. Did this special for you brother. Respect 

Thank you for your solid work as Community Mananger and all previous roles, you helped out the server heaps and i'm sure everyone will and has appreciated everything you've done, best of luck with whats ahead of you.

So sad to see you go but I don't blame you. You've given so much to this server and forvthat I truly thank you. You will always be the (second) best Boulder Company CO of 7th.

I still remember and have a clip of that one time you dragged me away from briefing as Yoda because "briefing is cringe" as you put it.

Gonna miss my no.1 Kyber Ketamine customer of Aldis & Co. ❤️

Enjoyed many moments with you Mr. @Spirit, lengthy Co and RHC time. I’ll never forget the ceremony of @Sloth and I, also being condemned to arrest for falsely accused RDM at the very same ceremony.

o7 Sir... o7

FCB3FCE3-9D2A-40AE-8B7E-CCABCB445EDF.jpeg

• Love 1

On 2/21/2021 at 1:51 AM, Spirit said:

@Corvus@Sloth - You two really helped make 91st the best time I've had playing the server. 

Definitely was a good run, a memory of the fallen 91st brothers 

mining_station0009.jpg

1 hour ago, Corvus said:

Sir,

You can poach me from Vyve any day ;-;7

When we going camping tho?

As soon as that pesky covid shit goes away. And as soon as @Sloth is willing to carpool with me and like 5 other guys on the way up.

• Like 2