Phobia

Phobia - CW: Trial Moderator Application

Current in-game alias and or ranks:

Master Kyofusho & SPC Phobia

Previous notable Names/Ranks/Positions:

Phobia (7th)

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:16569989

Steam Profile Link:https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197993405706/

List your current playtime (in hours) on our Clone Wars RP servers (Main and Event server):

What is your age? (Minimum of 14 years of age):

Do you have any active warnings? (Confirm with a staff member if unsure):

None

Application:

TeamSpeak is an essential platform used by all staff members to communicate to each other and the community. A majority of your presence (including activity) will be determined by your availability on TeamSpeak. Do you have it installed?

I do

What made you decide to join the staff team? What are your intentions with the staffing role and its in-game abilities and power?

Well, the reason I decided to put an application to join the Staff team is to help players on the server every time I seem to leave and find a different server and say to myself that I wouldn’t put up an application but, it ends up happening because of my nature of wanting to help people, I don’t have any intentions to ruin anyone’s time on the server I just want to assist new/old Players on the server if they need anything from tools, simple tickets, more complexed tickets ETC, I would only use my In-game Abilities and power to assist people, not for my own personal goals Ie helping people that are stuck or giving tools, I wouldn’t spawn myself in Op weapons or because I’m a Jedi spawn myself a load of XP. I’m not that type of person I don’t really do things to benefit myself only others so that’s why I decided to put up an application. 

In a minimum of 50 words, express if and/or how you enjoy helping others? Also, include how this will transfer into the staffing role if achieved.

Well, whenever I help someone in general I get this feeling that improves my mood and boost my self-esteem but, it just overall makes me happy knowing that I’ve helped someone in some sort of way I’ve been a staff member on countless servers from TTT, SCP, and an Event master at one time which was hella fun running events for the player base which made them happy which inturned made me happy because I was able to put a smile and make someone have fun with one of my events. Now how helping others will transfer to a staffing role is. Me being able to do something that as a user I wouldn’t be able to do. From doing the smallest thing or maybe if I get accepted becoming a backup Em due to my history of me being an Em. 

In a minimum of 50 words, if given a trial phase, how will you impact the community and what benefits will you bring to the staff team?

I will be able to have an impact on the community in a positive way because of my experience in being staff on different servers that I mentioned before I also know a good amount of knowledge of commands and how a  moderator should act/present himself to others. also the fact I love assisting people who need help as an EM I wasn’t able to assist people in RDM tickets, Tools Etc I was just there to run events which I loved don’t get me wrong but, I feel like I’d help more people as a mod then an Em I feel like. I believe with these traits I’ll be able to well as a Mod and do well in the role. I also know a good amount of knowledge of a mod thought being on and an Em I learned made mistakes and moved past them. overall I believe that I’ll fit into the team fine.

Do you understand that as a member of the Staff Team, your position may be subject to change and / or termination should you not be performing to the degree stipulated? Do you also understand that a staff role is one that comes with the expectation of commiting time to helping the users of the server (Up to 20 hours a week)?
Yes

Scenarios:

A user is RDMing and insulting other users. You are the only staff available to deal with the situation. What do you do?

I would first !bring & !freeze the user to halt him from continuing to Rdm and check /logs and !bring the player he rdmed as well to figure out the situation.
There can be multiple outcomes to this if the person who committed Rdm starts to apologize and sounds remorseful about his actions I would let him off with a verbal warning and keep an eye on him !administrate for abit.
Another outcome could be if the user continues to bash the player I would have to !gag him and explain what's going on and the rules he's broken once I finished explaining what's going on. I would ungag him and see what he has to say if he continues insulting the user or myself I would !Warn the Offender for Player DIS & Staff Dis and if he continues more severe punishments will occur but, if he stops after the Disrespect warn I would also have to !warn him for Rdmx1
After I’ve spoken to both players I would return them both and do !administrate the person who was warned and watch him, if he continues to insult and Rdm I would !bring & !freeze again and !ban him for Failure to listen to staff and Rdmx (the number of players killed) and Player Dis. If he starts to play properly after the warn I would leave him be.

A user has contested a warn you have given him and proceeds to verbally abuse you, what do you do?

If a User I warned started to question the warn he received from me I would first !bring him to a quiet place on the map and ask him "Why do you think the warn that you received was wrongful?" What he does next effects the outcome out the sit, if he calmly and respectfully talks about why he disagrees about the warn I’ll be happy to explain to him why he was warned and talk to him about the warn and get but if he starts to be aggressive with me and starts to disrespect me I would ask him to be less insulting/Aggressive cause it could count as Staff disrespect if he continues then I would have to !warn him for Staff Dis. After the warn I would get another staff member to assist me with the reset.

A user has threatened to DDos and take down the server. What do you do?

No matter if its a joke or not Threatening to DDos the server or a player is not tolerated I would do /logs and copy his SteamID and open up the Gmenu by using the !gmenu Command and ban the User for 3 days (which is the Max amount of days for Trial Mod, I would also ask for permission to ban the user) then after that Has been dealt with I would contact senior staff about the User that has threatened to DDos the server or a player I would provide the Steam Id and Profile of the user and anything else I can show.

A Commander and Lieutenant are arguing in front of debrief. It is getting quite heated. The context to the argument is unknown to you. What do you do?

If it’s an In character argument that’s getting quite heated I would instantly tell them through Voice Chat or /looc to chill out. If the argument continues and gets out of hand I would do !administrate and !bring both users to a quiet location I would then tell them both to explain the situation to me and to figure out both sides by separating both users so one doesn’t cut off the other or by just the !gag Command on one of the users and let him speak then !gag him and ungag the other one. Once I have figured out what has happened I would check /logs and see If I can see anything there if not I would ask if they had any evidence of the situation if not and I’m having trouble coming up with an outcome I would ask another mod or ask in Admin chat for assistance on a verdict once the verdict is made I would explain to them what I got from both sides and either !warn one or both of them if I wasn’t able to come with a definite answer I would give both of them a verbal warning if they continued I would warn both of them.

A Cadet has been complaining and wandering around because he hasn't been trained yet. He doesn't appear to have any intent to role play. What do you do?

If someone reported or If I found a cadet out of the cadet room I would use !administrate and !bring the Cadet to the cadet room and say "Hey dude your not allowed to leave this room without being Trained." if it seems the cadet is willing to cooperate with me and wanting to play respectfully on the server and isn't minging, I would write in OOC or A Cadet requires training, if no SGT+ volunteers then someone will be picked at random to train the cadet.

However, if the cadet isn’t willing to cooperate and acts properly I would give him a verbal warn by telling him Please don’t minge around otherwise It could result in a NITRP warn and a kick from the server. If the cadet continues to minge and not act properly I would do !warn the user/cadet for NITRP then if he continues after the warn I would !kick him from the server and if he comes back and continues to minge I would then !ban him for NITRPAnother way this could end is if after the first warn he says he’ll play properly, Ill pretend to leave and do !administrate and watch him to see if he plays properly if not I would !bring him tell him what I saw and !kick him from the server, If he comes back and continues I would !ban him for NITRP.

Thank you for reading and if you have any feedback please do let me know!

Edited by Phobia
Editing (To fit the new format)
  • Like 4
  • Thinking 1
  • +1 6

I known phobia for abit and would love to see him in the staff team along side me, good old +1

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Great deal of effort into the application and I’m almost sure you would continue t o show the same dedication as a staff member. You seem to know what your talking about and I wouldn’t mind seeing you undergo the 2 week trial. +1

• Love 1

Phobia,

I love the way you have formatted this application, your answers are pretty much all fantastic and I love how you have provided yourself various scenarios as well as expressed your knowledge of SAM commands. The only question I would comment on is the DDos question, there really isn't much wrong with it but I would just make it clear that insread of "ban the User for 3 days" because that is the maximum for a Trial-Mod, firstly if you are taking it from that perspective, ensure you mention that you would first ask for permission from an Admin to ban as Trial-Mods cannot, or you can take it from the perspective that you are already in the staff team and say the correct answer which would be an indefinite ban. However, this is just me being quite picky but I want to mention it so you know but I am sure you already do.

Aside from the amazing app, your activity and presence is fantastic, you have been putting in tremendous effort to get more well known in the community, especially by hanging around the TS. I believe you have a great attitude for a staff member as you are friendly, calm and understanding. 

All these aspects combined, you have a huge +1 from me, best of luck mate 🙂 

• Love 1

Now this is how you write a goddamn application. The colour coding is wonderful, the formatting is on point, and it's obvious that the man has spent a LOT of time on this, which the staff will genuinely appreciate. I have had a couple experiences of Phobia getting a lil passive aggressive sometimes, but I'm sure that's just the standard bad moods that we all get in, so I wouldn't say it's a big issue. I think he'd make a sick mod plus he's super handsome. He's a really organised Jedi and

always handles people very impartially but knows when to have a joke as well. Big ol' +1

Edited by Spompe (Bricinator)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Textbook application, it looks great and it looks like you've put in the effort for your answers given. I've never had any issues with you, nor any bad experiences before. I'm sure you'll do fine if you were given a chance to join the team. Good luck with your application.

+1

Your quite an active member of the community and have shown your ability to dedicate yourself as a master in Jedi. Application isn't too bad either. +1

• Love 1

Very untrustworthy member of our community that I am extremely known in, I don't think you will ever be ready for mod.

• Dumb 1
  • Confused 2
  • Love 1

What can I say cool guy, active and best of all the application is written very well. So I believe Phobia would be a pretty good fit for Moderator/T-mod.  +1

• Love 1

alrighty phobia
i have only had brief encounters with you but that is on my part.
but from them i could tell you were quite responsible and this application is well made
good job
+1

• Love 1

Posted (edited)

Great application, I've only personally interacted with you on a few number of occasions but for all of those occasions you've been fantastic to deal with, you are really engaged in the server and the RP that can occur, whilst being extremely invested and loyal to the roles you hold. Being a current ARC trainee I was thinking your presence would dwindle due to the restrictions of the role but I've seen nothing but the opposite and props to that. I've also seen that you are quite capable of holding yourself in a very mature manner when dealing with some iffy scenarios which is a big ups to you.

+1 Good luck with your application Phobia.

Edited by Serbo
joe nuts :~)
  • Love 1

Solid Application, with my time in both Jedi & ARC I have gotten to know Phobia well enough to say he would make a great moderator. The application itself is overall great, he has an amazing understanding already of the commands the server use, I can say this that Phobia is a competent person and would strive if given the opportunity of a Trial Moderator.

+1

• Love 1

Great application, I have met phobia in game and he has showed lots of leadership skills and by looking at his application he put a lot of dedication into it. and dedication is a great thing to have on this server  +1 GOOD LUCK MAN!

DDQcmBvXoAAoCnr.jpg

• Love 1