hypo

hypo - Developer Application

Just now, Akali said:

Would help a lot If you could show the dates of that message and also the person who sent that message

The person had asked for their name to be removed

• Like 5
  • Thinking 1
  • +1 1

32 minutes ago, hypo said:

image.png.98f06c9a8d336737858611063765fef6.png 

image.png.b67ad5139e66e281ce025f01e73a2246.png

Would help a lot If you could show the dates of that message and also the person who sent that message

Ah yes, lets dox and breach other peoples privacy by showing their messages not anonymously. Great Suggestions @Akali 

Edited by Tex-The-Old-PAC-Deity
  • Dislike 3
  • Dumb 8
  • Quality Post 1
  • +1 2

+1

Hypo is one of the best devs I know. Would be wonderful to have him on the team.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Akali said:

edit: So we know that those messages are not fabricated

the writing style and vocabulary are completely different to hypo's. it'd be pretty dumb and pointless for him to forge those messages

• Dumb 1

Remember that Hypo would go to Junior Developer, should this application be accepted, he gets no ingame perms or anything until he makes some things for the community. 

• Thanks 1

I truly believe that hypo has changed his ways, Hypo has recently developed for FiveM and has shown an interest in making fun and enjoyable experiences for others and shows no intent of griefing servers anymore.

+1 

this guy is kind of annoying but he's a competent dev

Due to the history of the player and the trouble which has been caused I cannot say if this would be a good decision.

Feel free to try your luck somewhere else.

I remember he tried to join the event server a few weeks back and mods where buzzing in and out of multiple channels trying to stop him from joining.

Quite rude on discord as well.

Not even my rep is as bad as that.

L.JPG

Edited by SydneyTerror
  • Like 1
  • -1 1

@Akali you got a personal vendetta against him or something? Downvoting everyone who +1's and upvoting those who -1 - despite being presented with the facts and knowledge.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1
  • Dumb 1
  • Sad 4
  • Yikes 1

On 1/23/2021 at 1:52 AM, suna1 said:

+1 

On 1/23/2021 at 2:14 AM, GodlyGamerTom said:

+1

Seen him work on various gmod / fivem servers so he has my support

22 hours ago, crispin said:

plus1

17 hours ago, Kumo said:

+1 only dev that will know how to keep a net message secure 🤣

17 hours ago, Frosty_ said:

+1

Hypo is one of the best devs I know. Would be wonderful to have him on the team.

It is clear this user has a range of players, staff and fellow developers behind him to support his claim to the throne and his abilities to develop on a Garry's Mod Server. As an outsider looking in, this would seem great and enough reasoning to straight away push him into that position. However; it is important to actually consider what is at stake here. 

19 hours ago, Buck 🙂 said:

There's been some evidence against you that you have had past instances of attempts of Backdoor, Hacking and Doxxing. Evidence in pic below and in the provided sheet (From the Star Wars RP Developer Discord).

msedge_2021-01-23_13-31-38.thumb.png.cba72dddd3ea1a9fb58d67de6c144e9e.png

If possible would it be possible to give a description (In DM's or in Forums) on the complete details of these instances. Additionally, what assurance can you give to the community that you have changed or will not do the same to the server. Thank you and good luck

SWRP Dev Sheet (blacklist in tab 3): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l0vH4iL3s0adoqLCLOhjinoZYmMCRDOj2cWzSnG40oY/edit?usp=sharing

19 hours ago, Buck 🙂 said:

Id rather not shrug this under the rug. If these claims are true, then I prefer Management would take these applications more seriously. Additionally, ill provide some more 'evidence' from the Star Wars RP Discord. And seeing that its not just a few people but the collective group of Star Wars RP Developers, it would be best to explain what happened to clarify these claims.

Discord_2021-01-23_13-47-36.png.56f449ce2d285e346c4f2a99bb9b6f61.png

Discord_2021-01-23_13-46-36.png.87e977d0d6892af9fb64d0d6551c9ac2.png

18 hours ago, Buck 🙂 said:

Just to summarise my opinions on the app, It looks like you've taken little to no effort in actually writing it up. Seeing that these applications are meant to show what you have to offer, and how you will contribute to the team. It seems very lacking to have someone in the team that cant even be bothered to write up a proper application. In regards to the allegations that were made, it would've been easier if you just made it clear through DMs or through the forums rather than just shrugging it under the carpet every time someone asks about it. 

Truthfully, I don't believe its worth having the trouble so i'm unfortunately going to have to -1.

Good luck

By the looks, Buck has done every necessary course of action to ensure the man we are hiring not only fits the job position, but is also a reliable and trustworthy applicant. Whilst it is great to hear Hypo is "turning a new leaf" as to speak, it iss important to consider the depth of his involvement should he progress through to a full developer. Previous accusations, whilst still being accusation and supported by limited evidence, are still a vital component when management are considering this person for the team. From the looks of other communities past experiences, Hydro hasnt got the best name and is definitely a character we need to look out for within the GMod Development community. This does not mean we are disgarding the applicant nor are we witholding the position due to past accusations with no plausable evidence; It simply means Buck is remaining cautious of this applicant until further evidence can be given to disprove these accusations or properly support the applicants reform. 

It is also important to consider how this applicant would be utilised on the development team. As stated in their application, they are a programmer, indicating they will spend most of their development time being directly involved with the serverside files and consoles once they progress through Junior Developer. This is not some map or model creator that could work as a 3rd party and have someone else do the server side parts for them. The applicant will need to have substantial access to the server files in which leaves both the server and the community at a very vulnerable position should this applicant prove untrustworthy. 

The underlining fact is further action must be taken to ensure the security of the server and the community when considering such an esteemed developer. It is in the best best interest of the management team and Buck to perform all the neccessary checks before simply permitting a developer based off a simple "+1 i seen him work on Gmod before". For the time being, I will side with Buck and -1 this application until further evidence can be given by the applicant to disprove the accusations against them or justify a change. The ball is in your court, Hypo. 

Edited by Kruger (Smooth)
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Kruger (Smooth) said:

It is also important to consider how this applicant would be utilised on the development team. As stated in their application, they are a programmer, indicating they will spend most of their development time being directly involved with the serverside files and consoles once they progress through Junior Developer. This is not some map or model creator that could work as a 3rd party and have someone else do the server side parts for them. The applicant will need to have substantial access to the server files in which leaves both the server and the community at a very vulnerable position should this applicant prove untrustworthy. 

First of all, I would like to appreciate you're actual explanation of your points, unlike others.

The role of a Junior Developer is to essentially work Third Party and have others do the server side parts for them. When applying for Junior Developer I'm not expecting to get server side access at all, heck, I don't believe I'll get it even if I am a normal developer. There's no real threat to the "security" of the community If I am not in possession of the serverside, well technically there is considering how insecure and vulnerable this server actually is.

I believe the point I'm trying to make here is that I'm NOT applying for file access, I'm applying to have the Junior Developer tag and make content for the server, during this time showing my reform and clearing my name within the community. 

Edited by hypo
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Cappa said:

Kids Structured Cotton Baseball Caps | Adult Baseball Caps Australia

I can completely understand with some of the Clone Wars Players, however I've really showed a change of colours on the Imperial Server.

I've reported exploits, vulnerabilities and economy glitches which can harm the server.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, hypo said:

I can completely understand with some of the Clone Wars Players, however I've really showed a change of colours on the Imperial Server.

I've reported exploits, vulnerabilities and economy glitches which can harm the server.

That is great to hear. I hope you can understand some people can be a bit paranoid when accepting someone with a bad history. 

Also to the others, please stop derailing this thread and keep the comments related to the application, thank you.

• Like 2

Would just like to clarify, only two of our developers actually have access to our server/s and that's @Rhinous and @Merc, and it's going to stay that way. 

What Hypo would be doing as a Junior Developer, or even normal Developer, would be creating content, it gets looked over, and if all is well, it gets added to the server.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, s8n said:

Would just like to clarify, only two of our developers actually have access to our server/s and that's @Rhinous and @Merc, and it's going to stay that way. 

What Hypo would be doing as a Junior Developer, or even normal Developer, would be creating content, it gets looked over, and if all is well, it gets added to the server.

In this case, definitely in a position to reconsider the standings. I was unaware he would remain without access and would undergo a thorough combing before uploading his content. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hypo said:

First of all, I would like to appreciate you're actual explanation of your points, unlike others.

The role of a Junior Developer is to essentially work Third Party and have others do the server side parts for them. When applying for Junior Developer I'm not expecting to get server side access at all, heck, I don't believe I'll get it even if I am a normal developer. There's no real threat to the "security" of the community If I am not in possession of the serverside, well technically there is considering how insecure and vulnerable this server actually is.

I believe the point I'm trying to make here is that I'm NOT applying for file access, I'm applying to have the Junior Developer tag and make content for the server, during this time showing my reform and clearing my name within the community. 

As mentioned I was aware you’d have no access during your JD phase and the the clarity of further stages was definitely appreciated. Considering this as well as your previous works and the supervision over any content added to the server, I no longer see a viable need to hold you back on these allegations. I trust both the management team and our 2 senior developers to retain the integrity of the server and it’s interests. I’ll update my previous response accordingly when I’m back on desktop. 
Best of luck with the remainder of the application.

• Like 1

I think I need to provide some more input. I feel like a lot of users are bagging Hypo, and there's a few people who I think need to be more reasonable to this application and thread.

I, Scorch, have previously worked with Hypo on other servers and have found no issues. Even on TM, he was never exploiting stuff (as far as I know).

If you ever played on that server, you should know that Hypo coded that gamemode in little over 30 minutes, and has the ability to outperform/outclass many other Custom Gamemodes made to this day that have had much more time put into them.

In my opinion at this moment, Hypo has proven himself to me and the playerbase of the Imperial RP Server that he wants whats best for the community. Allegations, while still having limited evidence, are still threatening to the server and should be addressed, which I understand. However, I believe making allegations that he "fabricated" messages to prove his innocence or any allegations such as that are a little extreme, but I do understand why that could be possible in the heat of this situation.

To quickly state for everyone, Hypo would not have access to anything serverside, nor do the majority of developers who develop for the server (as s8n stated). And all of his code and addons would be triple-checked for Exploits, Backdoors etc especially knowing what he's done in the past.

I think that Hypo indeed deserves a shot at trying to make the back-end of the server better, as we have officially been told by the owner of the server that his content will be checked and all "cons" will be both covered and checked. And I think this outweighs the "cons" even with them being negated due to people actually checking his work and ensuring he isn't exploiting the server.

As said previously, I've never had any issues with him. If people have, I suggest people speak up.

Thanks for reading, I hope this get's taken into consideration when discussing this application.

Edited by Tenno (Scorch)
spelling
  • Like 3
  • Dumb 2

3 days on the server and master chief, what? I've had upwards of two interactions with you both of which consisted of you minging and screeching about people being on the jania grass. -1

Edited by Zac
  • Dumb 2
  • +1 1

Hypo clearly has the skills and the will to create useful content for the server, for the players. His past record clearly causes concern among some of you but we have seen worse people reform and return to Gateway.

s8n has already explained how developer's ingame roles actually function, only 2 of us have direct server config access and both are basically executive staff. All of Hypo's work can be checked over before going anywhere near the server files, and dismissing him due to his interactions with one discord server notorious for their gatekeeping is an incredible waste of talent.

+1, I look forward to seeing what you can do for Gateway.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Topher III said:

+1

Im not joining this dumb argument, I know Hypo

Agreed. +1 from me. Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Accepted

I've spoke to Hypo about some concerns players have, and i've explained the terms of him receiving the role. 

For the players and community members who are worried, he doesn't and most likely never will have access to the server, all of his work is going to be checked. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1