Snow (Voltii)

Snow (Voltii) - IMP: Trial Moderator Application

Posted (edited)
  • Current in-game alias/rank:

DT-013/ T-3 Snow
  • Previous Notable Names/Ranks/Positions

FSGT Snow (187th Beta arc) WO 'Sinker' (104th)
  • Steam ID:

STEAM_0:1:96957703
  • Steam Profile Link:

• List your current playtime (in hours) on our RP servers:

• What is your age? (Minimum of 14 years of age.)

• How well known are you on a scale of 1-10?

• Do you have Teamspeak 3 installed?

Yes
  • Do you enjoy helping other people?

Yes
  • Are you willing to test your stress?

Yes
  • Do you believe you're able to deal with individuals and situations in a completely unbiased manner?

Yes
  • Do you have any problems with any of our current staff members?

No
  • Are you willing to learn new ways to approach situations?

Yes
  • Do you have any active warns?

No
  • How will you becoming a moderator impact our community?

I believe that the staff team currently on Imperial is lacking, Not lacking in skill but I believe they are lacking quantity. Tickets take forever to be responded to and that's if they even are responded to. I also want to be able to provide players with the support they need.
  • Do you understand that as a member of the Staff Team, your position may be subject to change and / or termination should you not be performing to the degree stipulated? Do you also understand that a staff role is one that comes with the expectation of commiting time to helping the users of the server (Up to 20 hours a week)?

Yes
  • A user is RDMing and insulting other users. You are the only staff available to deal with the situation. What do you do?

I would start off by checking /logs, If this player was RDMing I would bring him to me using !bring (name) I would then ask him something along the lines of “Hey, I have heard reports of you RDMing and verbally abusing other players, What can you tell me about this”

If the player does end up admitting to it I would give the player a warn with !warn (name) RDM/Verbal abuse (you would also mark how many times the person RDM’d with an x then amount)

If the player doesn’t end up admitting to it you would bring the other player with !bring (name) to get both parties side of the story, I would also ask the person who was RDM’d if they have any evidence or witnesses who can confirm the allegations.
  • A user has contested a warn you have given him and proceeds to verbally abuse you, what do you do?

If they were abusing me in OOC or in text chat while they aren't around me I would firstly bring them with !Bring (Name) and proceed to try and calm them down, I would after they calm down ask why they think that the warn was incorrect. If after I talk to them about it, they still feel the warn was incorrect I would speak to senior staff and see if they agree with me on the warn. If they approve then I would keep the warn active, if the player continued to abuse me, I would then warn him again with !warn (name) Abusing staff

If the senior staff did not approve of the warn I would remove the warn and apologize, then return the player with !return (name)
  • A user has threatened to DDos and take down the server. What do you do?

Firstly I would go to the trooper with !goto (name) then I would speak with the trooper to make sure he is telling the truth and isn’t making a poorly made joke. If in which I believe he is telling the truth, I would gather screenshots/recording (I record while I play usually anyway) of these threats before banning him with !ban (name) DDos Threat as a DDos threat is a quiet serious offense.
  • A Commander and Lieutenant are arguing in front of debrief. It is getting quite heated. The context to the argument is unknown to you. What do you do?

I would first find out if the argument is in RP or not, if it is apart of RP then we would have to leave it up to CG, if it wasn't apart of RP then I would start by bringing them to a secure location away from the debrief with !bring for each of them, I would then calm them down before reminding them that they are high ranking troopers who need to be setting a good example, after explain this to them I would try to solve the argument before giving them a verbal warning essentially saying that if they don’t resolve the fight their might be more punishment. If they become abusive to me or to others then I would give them a warning for (abuse !warn name Staff/Player disrespect) and if it got even worse, a short ban would be rewarded.
  • A Cadet has been complaining and wandering around because he hasn't been trained yet. He doesn't appear to have any intent to role play. What do you do?

I would start by going to the cadet with !goto (name) and say something along the lines of “Hey, my name is Ras. We really need to you stay in the cadet room so you can get trained by a SGT” I would then say in comms or ooc “SGT+ needed at the cadet room or I choose at random” If needed I would train the cadet.

If we learn from this encounter that the cadet had no intent to RP then I would warn him that if he doesn’t intend to RP then it will result in punishment as we are on a RP server, if he continues to minge/have no intent to properly rp it would result in !warn (name) no intent to RP If he continues to minge even more then it would result in a 1 day ban using !ban (name) 1d No intent to RP.
Edited by Snow (Voltii)
  • Like 3
  • +1 3

11 hours ago, Snow (Voltii) said:

Do you have any problems with any of our current staff members?

Yes

Application is great with quality answers to scenarios however a problem with another staff member could lead to un-needed arguments. Still, problems can be solved.+1

Edited by Clarkson
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

+1 Took feed back well and edited application accordingly. Hope to see you round 🙂

Edited by Choog
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Choog said:

Problems such as? 

Seen you around the ship a lot and in the TS and know that you're a good bloke. Your app is well written apart from the Staff issues which i think is a mistake?? 

I'll be neutral until you explain on your issues with staff or fix the mistake. Good luck!

Oh damn, I think I skimmed over that one, I fixed it as i have no issues with staff

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Snow (Voltii) said:

Oh damn, I think I skimmed over that one, I fixed it as i have no issues with staff

Common mistake no stress 🙂

Snow, since I met him on CWRP, has always been a super kind and overall great person, he is a perfect image for a Trial Moderator, he is overall quite helpful and has the traits, +1

I believe @Snow (Voltii) can be a great asset to the IMP Moderation team he Is well mature and helpful enough for the postion, goodluck +1

• Like 1