Bread

breadbro - CW: Trial Moderator Application

Posted (edited)
  • Current in-game alias/rank:

Lieutenant Captain Bread (Horn), Commander Zaphod, Sergeant "Yeast" (91st)
  • Previous Notable Names/Ranks/Positions

Climber (Ion Team), Jind (Yayax), PFC Yeast (501st)
  • Steam ID:

https://steamid.io/lookup/STEAM_0:0:6089093
  • Steam Profile Link:

• List your current playtime (in hours) on our Clone Wars RP server:

571hrs
  • What is your age? (Minimum of 14 years of age.)

• How well known are you on a scale of 1-10?

• Do you have Teamspeak 3 installed?

Yes
  • Do you enjoy helping other people?

Yes
  • Are you willing to test your stress?

Yes
  • Do you believe you're able to deal with individuals and situations in a completely unbiased manner?

Yes
  • Do you have any problems with any of our current staff members?

No
  • Are you willing to learn new ways to approach situations?

Yes
  • Do you have any active warns?

No
  • How will you becoming a moderator impact our community?

I think as i am an active member of this server i could really help people out more and make the server easier to play on. I also wish to someday become a backup EM. I really look up to Shadowz as a moderator/ Backup EM, and i hope to achieve what he has.
  • Do you understand that as a member of the Staff Team, your position may be subject to change and / or termination should you not be performing to the degree stipulated? Do you also understand that a staff role is one that comes with the expectation of commiting time to helping the users of the server (Up to 20 hours a week)?

Yes
  • A user is RDMing and insulting other users. You are the only staff available to deal with the situation. What do you do?

scenario 1:
    I would do !Bring (Player) to somewhere private i would ask there story of why they were rdm'ing while i check the !ogs and see what happened and depending on their rank, if there a new player i would Strictly tell them to not do it again and tell them if they repeat their action i would give them a warn. As for a higher rank i would give them a !warn (Player) and tell them if they do it again i will continue to ban him with the time depending on how big the rdm is.

scenario 2:
    I would bring the player to me or go to him and ask him why he was rdming. If he doesn’t listen and kills me or randomly shooting players I would !Ban (Player) (Time) and ask a senior staff member Through either teamspeak, discord or any other way of contacting them about how long. If No one is to respond i would ban them for long period of time and then later on ask a senior staff when i should unban them.
  • A user has contested a warn you have given him and proceeds to verbally abuse you, what do you do?

I would !Bring (Player)  to a private place like a mountain and i would ask him to calm down and talk to me then I would ask why he is contesting the warn. While he is telling me i would check the logs and see why the warn was put on if he has a valid reason why i would ask senior staff if i should remove the warn but if i disagree and he continues to verbally abuse me i would !Gag him then call a senior/ more experienced staff member and ask them what i should do. If there are no ther staff on i would tell him to calm down and after a little time un gag him and ask him if he has anything else to contest if he does i would listen and once again if i agree i would contact a senior staff member about the warm and then let him off, if he continues these actions i would ban him for a certain amount of time until he is ready to be a friendly player of the gateway community. If he asks to get his ban removed i will let senior staff handle that.
  • A user has threatened to DDos and take down the server. What do you do?

Assuming this player wasn't lying i would quickly !Ban (Player) (Time) (Reason) for threatening to take down the server and inform everyone to stop worrying straight after i would immediately inform a senior staff member of the threat and let them deal with the rest.
    Scenario 2:
    I would !Bring (Player) To an admin room and !jail (Player) have a talk with him/her not a heavy talk i would just ask why and if he doesnt respond i would imidiatly get a senior/ more experienced staff to help me.
  • A Commander and Lieutenant are arguing in front of debrief. It is getting quite heated. The context to the argument is unknown to you. What do you do?

Scenario 1:
    I would take them both out to somewhere else private and ask some questions about if this problem is an in game problem or private problem either way i would warn them both for not respecting pts and in character rules if this happens again I would bring them both to me and let them solve this issue somewhere outside of briefing or any rp situation room, after they are done I would send them both back and inform a senior staff member just incase it happens again.
    scenario 2:
    I would take them to a private place and ask them a couple of questions if they don’t listen to me I would !Gag one of them and ask them questions individually I would hear there side of the story, once they have finished their conversation I would ask them if they are going to keep speaking during de briefs if they say no I would let them both go. If they continue to do this I would give them both a warn each and tell them if it happens again bans will be considered
  • A Cadet has been complaining and wandering around because he hasn't been trained yet. He doesn't appear to have any intent to role play. What do you do?

Scenario 1/2: (mixed together)
    I would go to the cadet room and ask in comms for a SGT+ to go to cadet room and if no one comes I would train him myself or bring a random SGT to the cadet room. i would see how much they are not following rules or listening to me. Then i would ask them something along the lines of “are you going to be a friendly and good player on this server” if they say yes i would train them and let them go. If they continue being a minge i would !Warn (Player) (Reason), tell them to follow server rules and kick them. if they join back and they have decided to stop minging and start following rules i would train him and then let him go if he/she keep minging i would quickly ban them and get back to on higher priorities.

Now I know some people dont like me as much as others but.. i really think i will be up for the task of being a moderator. I will help the community as much as i can. I hope one day to become a Backup EM so i can assist in events with event master. Please leave feedback, I would really appreciate it.
Edited by Bread
  • Love 1
  • +1 2

Just for a note, Bread has had a talk to us about applying with his age and the "minimum age". 

He has been allowed to process an application.

• Like 1

I think this would be great but doesnt it say minimin 14 years of age anyway +1

and i hope you make it good luck bread

• Like 1
  • Shocker 1

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Matthew said:

I think this would be great but doesnt it say minimin 14 years of age anyway +1

and i hope you make it good luck bread

Allow me to present you with... 

1 hour ago, Flea said:

Just for a note, Bread has had a talk to us about applying with his age and the "minimum age". 

He has been allowed to process an application.

Edited by Kruger (Smooth)
  • Like 1

I've known bread for abit, s he may be young and not know to much stuff, with the right knowledge and training i feel like he could make a ok mod. Best wishes to you! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Unfortunately, there is more traits to consider beyond just the age bracket. 

The age bracket for a staff application is more than just ensuring your not a toddler running an event. It is a necessary part of the process which is very difficult to look over considering how much development and character changing occurs during your early teen phases. 

Quickly before i continue, please note this is nothing personal against you, Bread. I expect all reading to keep an open mind and just hear me out; it's important to consider a realistic approach in these scenarios. 

Now, whilst i also agree that Bread can be a trustworthy staff member due to his maturity; there is more to consider about the downfalls that comes due to his age. At the age of 13 we are all still developing mentally and physically, much like Bread is at the moment. Due to this, Bread has a higher pitch voice then most, underdeveloped sense of humor and appropriation and a larger difficulty to see the bigger picture afoot. Unfortunately, these cannot really be helped until he is able to stretch him wings and grow more in the real world. 

The worst part of this is the actual reality of how this will impact him as a moderator. Whilst Bread will easily be able to work around giving tools and fixing stuck players; all the less interactive issues, he is going to feel the brunt of his age when he is faced with sits and minges, especially during the holiday time. The sad reality is, even though we as a community can accept him to work alongside us because we already know him and his capabilities, they will be misportrayed to new players and certainly taken advantage of. I don't think i need to ask too many people to find out that at 13, you've just moved into high school and your the underdog. Now picture yourself in grade 7 or 8 trying to tell off the grade 12s for doing the wrong thing and attempting to give them a punishment for it. Whilst he will have the permissions and power to do it, it wont sit correctly and they are going to do nothing more than laugh and terrorise. Thats just the crude and dark nature of highschool, the primary audience for this server. 

So do I think he would make a great moderator that we can trust and count on? Bloody oath i do. He's shown plenty times before that when he is dedicated he gets shit done. However, I cannot see how having such a young moderator can realistically work in the grand scheme of things. The dead hard truth is in that position you need to have a stern influence on people of the server's age group, something that you simply cannot get at his age. 

Once again i would like to remind you all that this is by no means a personal attack at Bread or his capabilities. It is not his fault he wouldnt make a great fit; its the idiots who he will have to deal with on a day to day basis. -1

(This is a difficult topic to discuss on paper. For more information or feedback on what I am attempting to portray, please meet me either in discord or teamspeak for discussion.)

• Like 2

Bread was one of the first people I met on the CW server and immediately made me feel welcome, from my experience his always been a super friendly and helpful guy.
Best of luck with the app bread, +1

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

+1

This has been changed to a +1, because before I wasn't seeing the bigger picture. I read through the responses of the scenarios, and I feel you might be doing great as staff whilst there might be some struggles. I can see you have the right attitude and maturity, and I want you to succeed. Also, you would carrying out the right core basics with dealing someone breaking the rules. Sorry for my feedback earlier, I was tried and not thinking straight about you and the server. 

Edited by Loki Ryder
  • Like 1

i think Bread would be a good trial mod because i feel like from what i have know bread for is to be fair but at the same time enforce the rule as well. I also think bread will show no bias and in general is very cool guy so i say +1

• Like 1

Overall a +1, I can understand some of the doubts towards Bread however I think this is one of those cases where it is best to see how he would go within a Trial phase. My main concern with you bread is I can see you get easily frustrated some times and this isn't a great trait to have for a moderator, for example when you thought you were falsely arrested you expressed your frustration in OOC. Although you didn't say anything too bad it still isn't a good thing to do. I think this can be improved on however, you just need to keep your cool at all times and have patience, no matter the situation. Otherwise you are a friendly person, active, and I have seen you show fantastic leadership which gives me confidence you can do a good job, you just need to prove it to all of us 🙂 

I would like to see how you go within a trial phase. Best of luck Bread.

• Love 1

+1  bread. Your a good and freindly bloke and have no issue with ya. Your active and are helpfull. Seem to know your ulx command too. No issue with the application. Good luck B)

This is a complex answer, and so I'm going to layer it as such: 

Bread is a super nice guy and is really good fun. Bread is super active and is on almost all day. Bread's got a bunch of experience on the server and has tons of hours. Bread's super well known and is well integrated in the community. Bread's knowledge of the ULX commands is really solid and this application is nice. He's always really helpful and aided me to attain the role of Squad Leader 'Cabur' of Aquila Squad. He has way more experience on the server than I do and a lot of people really like the man. 

But there are a few things that I need to leverage with my experiences with Bread. Within the Jedi Order, Bread can be quite mingey and there are some situations where I question his decision making with the weapons and slots that he uses on Gateway. This can be seen through his recent tool ban and use of the model manipulator to use the Mike Wazowski model; And whilst some may say that was a while ago, and I respect that, when reminded of it, Bread treats it as a joke. In my opinion, a tool ban is a pretty big deal on the server and if one wants to be a mod, rather than joking about a mistake that one has made, one should acknowledge that they messed up and treat it as a serious incident which has changed the way that they act on the server. From personal experience, mistakes that we make often help us, and shape us to be better people and act in different ways. But due to the fact that Bread was so blaze about his apparent and serious mistake, I don't think he used it as such. I don't want to be the type of guy who comes off as a killjoy, because I'm not. It's true that during the appropriate hours I love having a good ol' minge with some mates on the server. But receiving a tool ban is a serious step up. 

And again arises the problem with your age; I honestly cannot see a 13-year-old commanding the respect of the 16-17 year old average audience that Gateway harbours. I think that Bread can sometimes become emotionally overwhelmed when confronted by people. I simply cannot see him commanding the respect of like a 26-27 year old, of which there are a couple on the server. Also, the fact that you lied about your age on the last application doesn't sit too well with me, I think you need to wait a couple of years to grow up before you're ready for this role. 

I hope this doesn't affect our dynamic bro, because you're a cool guy. I just don't think you're fit for moderator. YET.