• Current in-game alias/rank:

Flight Captain Tyrell
  • Previous Notable Names/Ranks/Positions

Clone Wars Moderator, 91st 2IC
  • Steam ID:

STEAM_0:0:166155389
  • Steam Profile Link:

• List your current playtime (in hours) on our RP servers:

• What is your age? (Minimum of 14 years of age.)

• How well known are you on a scale of 1-10?

• Do you have Teamspeak 3 installed?

Yes
  • Do you enjoy helping other people?

Yes
  • Are you willing to test your stress?

Yes
  • Do you believe you're able to deal with individuals and situations in a completely unbiased manner?

Yes
  • Do you have any problems with any of our current staff members?

No
  • Are you willing to learn new ways to approach situations?

Yes
  • Do you have any active warns?

No
  • How will you becoming a moderator impact our community?

Becoming a moderator will create an impact on the community, by allowing for lowered ticket times, and creating a less stressful environment for the other moderators, I would also be able to impact the community by enforcing the rules and making sure everyone has a fun time on gateway servers, becoming a Moderator will allow me to deal with situations when another staff member in not online. I have already had various experience moderating and I believe I would make a positive impact
  • Do you understand that as a member of the Staff Team, your position may be subject to change and / or termination should you not be performing to the degree stipulated? Do you also understand that a staff role is one that comes with the expectation of commiting time to helping the users of the server (Up to 20 hours a week)?

Yes
  • A user is RDMing and insulting other users. You are the only staff available to deal with the situation. What do you do?

Key:
  • SAM
    SPEECH
    SITUATION

• Firstly before anything I would make sure to check logs and verify all of this information once verified i would then proceed to,
    Admittance to RDM:
    I would !administrate to a secure location on the map, for example on the back of the ISD, next I would !Bring *user* then I would ask "I have heard various reports that you have been killing without reason and insulting other users, have you been doing this?" assuming they say yes I would then proceed with, "do you understand that this is against the server rules?" assuming they also say yes I would then proceed to inform them that " you are going to be receiving a 3 day ban for breaking the rules, you may appeal this ban on the forums if you believe it is wrong." !ban *user* 3D RDM/Player Disrespect. I would then !administrate and continue with the current roleplay.

Denial Of RDM:
    I would !administrate to a secure location on the map, for example on the back of the ISD, next I would !Bring *user* then I would ask "I have heard various reports that you have been killing without reason and insulting other users, have you been doing this?" assuming they say yes I would then proceed with, "do you understand that this is against the server rules?" assuming they say no, i would continue with "I have various evidence such as logs that this has been happening" if they continue to say no I would Inform them that "you will be receiving a 5D ban ban for RDM, insulting other players and lying to staff, you may appeal this ban if you deem it is wrong." !ban *user* 5D RDM/Player Disrespect/Lying to staff. I would then !administrate and continue with current roleplay
  • A user has contested a warn you have given him and proceeds to verbally abuse you, what do you do?

All of these scenarios would be in a secure location away from the public as other players could get involved and make the situation worse.
    1st warning:
    I would !bring *user* and have a conversation with the user and talk about why he believes this warning was wrong if he continued without any valid reasons I would inform him that "The warn you have received was correctly given, is permanent and cannot be revoked, if you continue with the staff disrespect you will be receiving another warning" !return *user*

Continuation : Kick
    If the user continues to abuse me and is creating issues, I would !bring *user* and talk to him about "how the disrespect has not stopped and that he will be receiving another warning for staff disrespect" !warn *user* staff disrespect. This would automatically kick him for hitting the warning threshold. I would then !administrate and continue with roleplay.

More Disrespect After First warning:
    I would !bring *user* and tell them that "The disrespect has not stopped, you have been warned for disrespect already, and you have continued so therefore you will be receiving a 3 day ban, you may appeal this ban if you also deem that it was given incorrectly" !ban *user* 3D continued player disrespect.
  • A user has threatened to DDos and take down the server. What do you do?

First I would !administrate to a secure location in the map then !bring *user*and !freeze *user* and proceed to tell him that "Threatening to DDOS the server will result in a permanent ban. You can appeal this ban on the forums" then !ban *user* Permanently Threating to DDOS the server. DDOS threats will not be taken lightly even if it is a joke as DDOSing is illegal IRL and could stop people from enjoying their time on the server, I would also keep a note and tell a higher up staff member about it. If I was recording this situation I would also have it on hand in case proof is needed.
  • A Commander and Lieutenant are arguing in front of debrief. It is getting quite heated. The context to the argument is unknown to you. What do you do?

Assuming Shock has already tried to do something already. I would !administrate to a secure area !bring *user* and !bring *user2* I would proceed to tell them"that PTS is active in debrief" and ask them what they are arguing about and try my best to negotiate the situation to a peaceful solution as we do not want fighting within the community and we do not want disruptions in debrief as this is an annoyance and stops the debrief from starting and other people may then as well get involved making it even worse. !return *user* and !return *user2*
  • A Cadet has been complaining and wandering around because he hasn't been trained yet. He doesn't appear to have any intent to role play. What do you do?

Returning the cadet and him refusing training

I would first !administrate then !goto the cadet room and !bring *cadet* and inform him he cannot be wandering around and needs to be trained. I would ask in "/comms SGT+ to cadet room" if no one comes then, I would proceed to train him myself (assuming i'm a SGT+). If he does not comply after multiple warnings !warn *user* NITRP. I would inform him "Your going to be banned for 1 day and can appeal this ban on the forums" then, !ban *user* 1day NITRP

Completion of training but no intent to RP

I would first !administrate then !goto the cadet room and !bring *cadet* and inform him he cannot be wandering around and needs to be trained. I would ask in "/comms SGT+ to cadet room" if no one comes then, I would proceed to train him myself (assuming i'm a SGT+). if the cadet completed his training but after his training showed no intent to RP and was minging then I would !bring *user* "you shall be receiving a warn for no intent to role play if you continue to do this it may result in ban" !warn *user* NITRP !return *user*

After 1 Warning For NITRP Continued

If the user has already been made a storm trooper and has already been warned for 'no intent to role play' and is continuing to show no signs of intent to role play then I would. !bring *user* "since you have already been warned for no intent to role play and have been minging you shall be receiving a 5 day ban for no intent to role play. If you would like to you may a appeal this ban on the forums" !ban *user* 5 Days NITRP

AS a pervious moderator I understand that all scenarios have different outcomes, this is my take on a few of them, everyone is different and not all sits are the same.

If you have any suggestions please feel free to reply, I am looking forward to improving my application, I love this community and becoming a moderator is the best way to help 🙂

Kind Regards,

Tyrell

Edited by Tyrell
  • Like 4

You have been accepted as Trial Moderator, you will be go through a 2 week trial period. During this period you will learn the basics of how to be a staff member and at the end of your 2 week trial the server management will decide if you are a suitable member for the team.