Sign in to follow this  
s8n

Cyberpunk First Impressions?

Curious to hear what you guys have to say about it seeing as it's the first day of PC release. 

Please use the follow to avoid annoying anyone who hasn't played it yet.

[Spoiler] TEXT [/Spoiler]

Really liking the story so far, but im a bit overwhelmed with what to do next.

I wish the hacking was as simple as watchdogs though because that part, along with the stealth is incredibly hard for some reason - i'm playing on normal difficulty.

Most of the time I end up having to just run and gun, which is rewarding but sometimes seems like the only way you can complete certain areas.

The best part is by far the dialogue, it's been too long since we've had a good RPG with proper speech checks that actually seem to fit in to the conversation. I'm on a speedrun to fuck Judy so hopefully i made the good choices.

No noticeable performance drops in 90% of areas with an i7 10700k, 24gb DDR4, and an RTX 3070. However had a few crashing issues upon loading saves/respawning at checkpoints. This was fixed by installing the NVIDIA driver update that released yesterday and installing a windows update I missed.

Definetely a few bugs that still need fixing but it's living up to my expectaions so far.

• Like 1

My GF facetimed me during the part where you rescue the naked lady so I had to stop playing, so far so good but it's a bit overwhelming.

On 12/11/2020 at 7:28 AM, Budds said:

I'm on a speedrun to fuck Judy so hopefully i made the good choices.

Unluggy for you she's a lesbian., unless you're playing a chick. 

Game's pretty good, Playing on Hard difficulty and not really feeling the difficulties people are having with Stealth / Hacking, I quite enjoy them both and just running in and shooting up the place is also pretty fun. Combat was quite odd and hard to grasp at the start of the game with the shitty guns you get however where I'm at now with some pretty fucking OP guns it's quite a smooth ride and easy to do. 

Dialogue in this game is the best in any Single player RPG I've ever played. I like the fact that the Story path dialogue (For Nomad anyways, not sure bout the other 2 cause I haven't played them) fits well into most conversations and doesn't sound autistic. Also the ability to freely move and look around whilst in dialogue is a very well needed change from the awkward stares you get in other games when you're deciding which dialogue option to pick. 

Game runs fine at a solid 60-90 FPS on my i5-10400F and RTX 2060 Super on all High Settings aside from some of the Shadow settings. 

My only problems with the game is the inability to toggle some form of walking speed especially when you have to follow another NPC even though most of the time it slows your speed to a walking pace for you, sometimes it doesn't so you're just casually jogging in circles while following them so you don't zoom off ahead and the fact that you cannot change your characters hair, beard, tattoos, etc at all past character creation.

Overall a very well made game despite the bugs you encounter, cause most are just funny and not game breaking. Though I'm not extremely far into the game, for me personally it hasn't lived up to the "Life Changing RPG experience" people hyped it up to be yet, but I still have quite a lot of the game to go so that may change song enough.

Edited by Alluh

23 hours ago, Alluh said:

Unluggy for you she's a lesbian., unless you're playing a chick. 

So i found out after finishing her storyline. So i went into the desert and rooted Panam instead. 

For those that haven't already, text back that militec chick that you meet with in the first Dex mission 😉 

you get uhh... a pretty good melee weapon

3 hours ago, Budds said:

So i found out after finishing her storyline. So i went into the desert and rooted Panam instead. 

yeah I figured Judy was gay pretty much when I first spoke to her, then ended up meeting Panam and rooted her aswell, perfect Fit for Nomad path

I felt oddly unsatisfied with the ending I got at least, but there are many.

I kind of beelined the main quests without even knowing it but the majority of the content comes from the side quests and not the main story.

I am looking forward to another playthrough that I actually flesh out and explore the world in when the game is less buggy.

The game was enjoyable but I personally feel like it was too overhyped.

Don't get me wrong it is a good game, but i personally feel like the main story line is a tad bit to short

Posted (edited)

Oh, when you want to read but you're afraid of spoilers, but you want  so much !! T. T

Edited by OliviaScott