Major Spartax of Doom's UnitWarrant Officer Climber of Ion Team
  • Previous Notable Names/Ranks/Positions

2LT Gregor Foxtrot Group | Padawan Gax Kel'Tsaar
  • Steam ID:

STEAM_0:1:8735405
  • Steam Profile Link:

• List your current playtime (in hours) on our Clone Wars RP server:

370+
  • What is your age? (Minimum of 14 years of age.)

• How well known are you on a scale of 1-10?

• Do you have Teamspeak 3 installed?

Yes
  • Do you enjoy helping other people?

Yes
  • Are you willing to test your stress?

Yes
  • Do you believe you're able to deal with individuals and situations in a completely unbiased manner?

Yes
  • Do you have any problems with any of our current staff members?

No
  • Are you willing to learn new ways to approach situations?

Yes
  • Do you have any active warns?

No, my last warns where in July this year for RDM & ARDM, these warns are legitimate and I 100% percent agree with them; however I was very new to Garry's mod and Gateway Gaming at this time.
  • How will you becoming a moderator impact our community?

I am currently a very active member of the gateway gaming community and I always have been I have been playing since July this year non-stop. I play all hours of the day even into the wee hours of the night. If I gain a position in the moderator team, I will continue my activity and provide moderation of the community for most of the active hours of the server and use a helpful mindset to help as many people as I can.
  • Do you understand that as a member of the Staff Team, your position may be subject to change and / or termination should you not be performing to the degree stipulated? Do you also understand that a staff role is one that comes with the expectation of commiting time to helping the users of the server (Up to 20 hours a week)?

Yes
  • A user is RDMing and insulting other users. You are the only staff available to deal with the situation. What do you do?

After being alerted to the situation, I would claim the ticket if there was one. I would then go to a location by using "!administrate". the place would have to be not accessible by other players like under the map or in an admin box. after the location is found I would "!bring" the suspect and maybe one or two witnesses if there is a party that is directly involved they would also be brought. I would then start a dialogue with the parties, starting with the "victim" first I would say something along the lines of "What happened, did you do anything to push the perp to do this and do you have any evidence?" after speaking to the victim I would speak to the perp and ask "What is your side of the story, what's your reason response to these allegations? do you have any evidence?" after gaining all the necessary information I would make a decision, but to double-check I would use "!logs" and double-check, if I found anything there and I found that someone was lying that could entail additional punishment. if it was found that the Perp was guilty I would use '!warn" and a reason such as "RDM (or MRDM) and Insulting others". I would inform the perp of the warn and give him a verbal warning going along the lines of "If this happens again while this last warn is active it will result in a ban". after the issue is resolved I would "!return" both players/parties and follow the warned player around a bit in "!administrate" to ensure no more bad behavior is shown.
  • A user has contested a warn you have given him and proceeds to verbally abuse you, what do you do?

I Would firstly claim the ticket then use "!administrate" and move to a secluded location, "!bring" the user, I would tell them in a clear concise voice: "You were warned for this reason, and if you think that is unfair which you have the right to you need to message a senior administrator or higher. furthermore, verbal abusing a staff member or any member of the community is a warnable offence so this is a verbal warning to stop what you are doing" after our conversation has ended I would use "!return" to send him back to his last location. if the Perp continues to harass me or other community members I would pull him aside again and say "If given you a verbal warning and you've continued so I will slap you with a formal warning for abusing staff and other parties". using "!warm (perp) (reason: Verbal abuse/abusing a staff member)".
  • A user has threatened to DDos and take down the server. What do you do?

This would take priority over anything I am doing even other tickets etc, it needs to be dealt with swiftly and seriously, I would use “!goto (user)” and ask them directly “Are you being serious? Do you know the consequences for even making a threat?” depending on their response I would use the commands “!kick (user)” then “!ban (user) (0) (DDos threats)” afterwards I would gather information such as video, screenshots, steam ID and steam profile link, Chat logs. Then report all the evidence and the ban to a higher staff member such as a senior admin.
  • A Commander and Lieutenant are arguing in front of debrief. It is getting quite heated. The context to the argument is unknown to you. What do you do?

firstly I would verbally warn them to stop arguing because if you are mature enough to be an officer you should be able to have a mature argument. if the arguing continues I would move to a secluded location and "!bring". I would get whatever user is less revved up and get there side of the story and after that, I would get the other users rebuttal to his response, I would in a sense act as a moderator of the argument. if the argument goes south and they are at each others throat I would verbally warn both of them, and if insults and names are being thrown around a "!warn" could be warranted. in a situation like this, a defusing and non-bias method is best, if I can avoid warning people for having a conversation that would be preferable as we all just want to play Garry's mod and hang without friends.
  • A Cadet has been complaining and wandering around because he hasn't been trained yet. He doesn't appear to have any intent to role play. What do you do?

If I see the message from the “cadet” I would use “!goto (user)” I would strike up a conversation with them first and determine if they are just here to mess around and waste someone’s time or are here on GG to roleplay and have fun. I feel mingy behavior starts when people are bored so the best thing to do is occupy them by training them, I would either do it myself or say “/ooc A Cadet needs training, I need an SGT+ to report to the training room please, if no one reports to the room I will pick an SGT at random.” if no one comes in the next minute or so I would quickly scan through the tab menu and pick a lower-ranking SGT that I know isn’t carrying out other duties to do it. I would use “!bring (user)” to bring them to the cadet. After that I would go into “!administrate” and spectate to ensure the cadet isn’t displaying mingy behavior. If the cadet continues to minge and undermine the SGT I would pull the cadet aside with “!bring” and give a verbal warning along the lines of “this is your first and final verbal warning, if you continue to minge you will be warned and possibly banned” if the cadets go through training and get whitelisted I would follow him around in “!administrate” to ensure he is following server rules. If he breaks other rules or shows NITRP I would formally warn them for it.

Hi all! Thankyou for taking the time to read my application please feel free to leave feedback below, id rather you be brutally honest with me. apologies for any spelling and grammatical mistakes. 
Edited by Baj
Formatting.
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 4
  • +1 5

21 minutes ago, Monster said:

+1 great job, hope to see you as T-mod!!!!

❤️ Thankyou Monster

Just now, Stoneman said:

He knows his stuff! You have what it takes, and I hope you get t-mod!

+1

Thankyou Stoneman, Appreciate it ❤️

+1 He is a very good core trooper in Dooms unit and a good organizer and leader on the server

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sytic said:

+1 he's a top lad and helped me get used to the server -rookie

Rookie next shiny CO when?

• Dislike 1

17 minutes ago, Shadowz said:

App Looks good and known baj and hes a chill dude so thats a +1

7 hours ago, Cannibal Slug said:

+1 worth having in

9 hours ago, RJI said:

+1 He is a very good core trooper in Dooms unit and a good organizer and leader on the server

Cheers lads!

• Like 1

Hey Baj,

Going to make this simple and say +1 because I know you well and you're a great dude who is dedicated to helping on the server. My only feedback is to possibly within the questions allow for more options of what could happen, I love how you have provided everything you would tell them etc. but I wouldn't mind seeing the possibility of adding various possibilities of how the situation goes, you have sort of done this but it is always a heap stronger if you claim how, if this goes like this then I would do this, or if it goes like this then I would do this. It isn't compulsory but it could help, but overall, great application and I like how you have a good understanding of SAM commands. Good luck mate.

+1

27 minutes ago, Pluto said:

Hey Baj,

Going to make this simple and say +1 because I know you well and you're a great dude who is dedicated to helping on the server. My only feedback is to possibly within the questions allow for more options of what could happen, I love how you have provided everything you would tell them etc. but I wouldn't mind seeing the possibility of adding various possibilities of how the situation goes, you have sort of done this but it is always a heap stronger if you claim how, if this goes like this then I would do this, or if it goes like this then I would do this. It isn't compulsory but it could help, but overall, great application and I like how you have a good understanding of SAM commands. Good luck mate.

+1

Hey Pluto, thanks for the feedback I really appreciate it. should I add your recommendations to this application or wait to submit another? ❤️

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Baj said:

Hey Pluto, thanks for the feedback I really appreciate it. should I add your recommendations to this application or wait to submit another? ❤️

definitely add if you can, will help immensely : ) 

• Like 1

You've submitted an above average application with your clear understanding of SAM commands, and detailed step by step method of how you would deal with situations. Like Pluto suggested, adding multiple paths the situation could go will further prove your understanding. 

You are a good guy with the correct values and mindset for a position in our staff team. +1

• Love 1
  • +1 1

+1 

This man has the perfect balance between fun and fair. He handles every situation that requires diplomatic skill with heaps of ease and experience, would love to have this reliable man as a mod for the server.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, LongInchOfLove said:

+1 

This man has the perfect balance between fun and fair. He handles every situation that requires diplomatic skill with heaps of ease and experience, would love to have this reliable man as a mod for the server.

❤️

9 hours ago, Stingel said:

You've submitted an above average application with your clear understanding of SAM commands, and detailed step by step method of how you would deal with situations. Like Pluto suggested, adding multiple paths the situation could go will further prove your understanding. 

You are a good guy with the correct values and mindset for a position in our staff team. +1

Thankyou Stingel, I will edit my application shortly. 

I think Baj would make a great staff member as he has the qualities of one. He is always helpful to everyone he is around and always goes out of his way to help people. +1

Edited by Cosmos
  • Like 1

A man, a myth, the legend! How are ya buddy! Played with you for a while now, haven't had much interaction with you, however from what I've heard you are a good candidate to the Gateway Gaming Community! From both personal experience and from what a little birdie told me, I best believe that you'll be a good candidate to join the Trial Mod team! Therefore, I give you a big 'ol +1.

Farewell buddy, Good luck!

Kind regards,

- Gale ❤️

• Like 1

Been hanging around with this guy for a while now. He has always been the loud voice of reason and won't hesitate to call someone out if they are doing something wrong. His drive for continuous improvement with Doom's Unit is to be commended for. His efforts are not only for us, he routinely branches out to the other regiments, helping from anything from sheets creation to helping others with training. I think having this quality of helping others is a massive drive on what a moderator should be. Good luck with the application mate and here is my massive, 
+1

• Love 1