Sign in to follow this  
Richard

The Mandalorian - Chapter 9 Discussion

Disclaimer

This thread will contain spoilers for the latest episode of the Disney + original series "The Mandalorian"

Chapter 9:

Share your thoughts on the episode below!

Was a filler episode, a good one to bring back the series. Introduced a boring character Boba Fett thief and teased the actor who played Jango Fett and the clones which was cool.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cappa said:

Was a filler episode, a good one to bring back the series. Introduced a boring character Boba Fett thief and teased the actor who played Jango Fett and the clones which was cool.

Now with boba fett's sudden return. We can finally get a better ending to the character than him dying to a big sand anus. Keen to see what they will do to his character

Edited by Buck :)

a) I wanna see Ahsoka come up and not just be a small cameo this season

b) I wanna simp over Sasha Banks 😳

not a huge amount of story in the episode but like i got hype as fuck when i saw boba's armor and then at the end when boba showed up for real

The overall storytelling feels different this time around. Not a heap going on, but there's enough to dip our toes in. I liked the short backstory of the Marshal too. It feels that the lessons of last season have been taken in

Whole episode was a side quest. Watching the Tuskens run from the dragon was gold.

Was a good introduction to the story that’s going to be told throughout the rest of the season, it was obviously just a build up, but they had to do that realistically 

As others are thinking, I also thought how, this really isn't giving much story.. but by the end of it I didn't really give af because it was a good, enjoyable episode. A lot better than some of season 1 episodes in my opinion. I generally really enjoyed the interaction between the Tuskens and Mando and the general people, and ofc the dragon fight was awesome as. Good episode overall in my opinion. 

I also really love how they keep reminding us that Baby Yoda is just chilling there and shows us from his perspective watching the Mando do his thing, to me it just keeps reminding us that there is always a larger matter at hand rather than just what is happening in the episode (aka, the whole point of the show, being Baby Yoda)

11 minutes ago, Pluto said:

I also really love how they keep reminding us that Baby Yoda is just chilling there and shows us from his perspective watching the Mando do his thing, to me it just keeps reminding us that there is always a larger matter at hand rather than just what is happening in the episode (aka, the whole point of the show, being Baby Yoda)

I agree. Not only does it remind us of the bigger picture, it also gives a few laughs. Absolutely loved the part in Season 1 where Mando and Carawhateverthefuck were fighting and it just pans to Baby Yoda drinking his bone broth. 

I agree, not much went on in this first episode. It was great watching them fight the dragon, but I can't help but want more. 

Edited by Cosmosis
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Cosmosis said:

I agree. Not only does it remind us of the bigger picture, it also gives a few laughs. Absolutely loved the part in Season 1 where Mando and Carawhateverthefuck were fighting and it just pans to Baby Yoda drinking his bone broth. 

I agree, not much went on in this first episode. It was great watching them fight the dragon, but I can't help but want more. 

ye exactly haha, it is also humorous, especially when he murmurs in fear hahaha 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Buck 🙂 said:

Now with boba fett's sudden return. We can finally get a better ending to the character than him dying to a big sand anus. Keen to see what they will do to his character

imma buy cuybal der back int othe server 

I loved having Boba confirmed, but most of all seeing what looked like Temuera Morrison returning to play Boba just gave me chills

Edited by Florida

Old mate kept to his word and really blasted right outta the gates with some jam packed action and already introducing fett (or is it?) to really reel in the audience for more. They definitely smashed this first episode and left a strong foothold for the rest of the season. 

Finally watched the episode last night so could finally open up this thread haha. 

End of the day it's Star Wars so can't help to love it, was a tad disapointed that the episode was basically just a side quest like @Veldt mentioned, but also see that they wanted to just do some background build up for the rest of the season. Really love Mando's development as well where he no longer struggles in a fight, and he's getting into his element of combat when needed. 

On 10/31/2020 at 11:06 AM, Spirit said:

The overall storytelling feels different this time around. Not a heap going on, but there's enough to dip our toes in. I liked the short backstory of the Marshal too. It feels that the lessons of last season have been taken in

I believe the marshal's backstory is actually from the books, which is very surprising ngl

44 minutes ago, Aussi said:

I believe the marshal's backstory is actually from the books, which is very surprising ngl

Yessir sure is.