• Current in-game alias/rank:

MSGT 5450 Shadowz- 917th Medical Division
  • Previous Notable Names/Ranks/Positions

N/A
  • Steam ID:

STEAM_0:1:437421130
  • Steam Profile Link:

• List your current playtime (in hours) on our Clone Wars RP server:

• What is your age? (Minimum of 14 years of age.)

• How well known are you on a scale of 1-10?

• Do you have Teamspeak 3 installed?

Yes
  • Do you enjoy helping other people?

Yes
  • Are you willing to test your stress?

Yes
  • Do you believe you're able to deal with individuals and situations in a completely unbiased manner?

Yes
  • Do you have any problems with any of our current staff members?

No
  • Are you willing to learn new ways to approach situations?

Yes
  • Do you have any active warns?

No
  • How will you becoming a moderator impact our community?

I will help the community to continue having fun and a safe place. I will try my hardest to help the fellow staff members and put all my weight in. I will be respectful to everyone and solve the situations and problems to the Best abilities. I will always make sure the Problem and situation is treated with care and fairness.
  • Do you understand that as a member of the Staff Team, your position may be subject to change and / or termination should you not be performing to the degree stipulated? Do you also understand that a staff role is one that comes with the expectation of commiting time to helping the users of the server (Up to 20 hours a week)?

Yes
  • A user is RDMing and insulting other users. You are the only staff available to deal with the situation. What do you do?

I'd first check the logs to be sure that this information is indeed true, I would then go to a secluded area of the current map and would !Bring [Name] (In this case the RDM'ed user) to the area to get a more detailed description of what had happened who else got effected And than would then !Bring [Name] (User) to a further away location and would !Freeze to prevent them from trying to run off just in-case they try to and ask what happened and why they did RDM, Than i would get them both next to each other explaining the story from both perspectives, if the talk over each other i would ask them to mute their mics and then take turns.  I'd also remain in my Moderator state in-case they attempt to fire upon me as well. I would double check the logs and than do !Warn [Name]  I would than enforce to them about our Server Rules and about (The Issue of what they did, That broke the rules) I would than watch over him for a short while to make sure they don't break a rule again. If the User goes wild and chooses to refuse and ignore my warning i would !Ban [Name] [Time], [Reason].
  • A user has contested a warn you have given him and proceeds to verbally abuse you, what do you do?

First I would !Bring [Name] the user to a secluded area of the map so that I may have a chat with (User), I'd listen to why they have contested the warning I had given them and wait for them to finish and make sure that they are getting heard and acknowledged . I would then explain to them why I had given them the warning and to enforce my choice , I would then go on to explain that verbally abusing a staff member based on a warning that was given is not acceptable and how its against the server rules after-which I will ask what they think im wrong. If i made a mistake i would apoligise and let him go, either if he keeps going i would give him a Verbal Warning and if he doesn't choose to listen i would  !Warn [Name] [Reason]
  • A user has threatened to DDos and take down the server. What do you do?

I would first quickly tell a  Higher Staff Member about the situation and than  quickly !Bring [Name] to a private area. Should it be simply a bluff I would explain how seriously the Staff Team takes DDosing threats and how it can lead them getting banned from the server, afterwards . Should the user be serious about the threat I would immediately perma-ban them via !Ban [Name] [Time] [Reason], in this case [Time] being permanent.
  • A Commander and Lieutenant are arguing in front of debrief. It is getting quite heated. The context to the argument is unknown to you. What do you do?

!Bring (Users) both officers to a secluded area away from debrief and inform another Staff member about the Situation. I would then try to calm them both down. And figure the Situation out and get them to tell me why their arguing. I would ask nicely for them to not talk over each other. If they refuse to let the other speak i would !gag (Both Users)  And Explain to them that i cant have them arguing in a DeBrief and then !ungag (Users)  and if they have calmed down i would !return (Both Users).
  • A Cadet has been complaining and wandering around because he hasn't been trained yet. He doesn't appear to have any intent to role play. What do you do?

I would bring the cadet back to the Cadet Room and talk with them, find out what exactly is wrong. I would then callout to see if a SGT+ is able to come train the cadet, should no SGT's Show up i will train them my self but if im busy. I would a Sergeant !Bring [Name] and tell them to train the cadet. If the cadet does not attend to Role Play and is minging i would  give him a warning !Warn (User)  (NITRP). If he is willing to Listen and cooperate with the SGT, I will do !administrate and watch from above for abit of time. If it seems alright I would leave and check on the SGT by !p , and see how it goes and if the cadet gets to shiny i would just watch him for a short period of time to make sure he's fine to be left alone.
Edited by Shadowz
  • +1 5

Hey lad, good to see you putting up your hand for a staff role, I'll start off with some specific feedback on your application.

• During your first situation, ensure to speak to the reported RDMer before just straight up warning them. Always give them a chance to say their piece unless the situation is severe enough it requires you to ban them from the server asap (e.g. ddos threats, spamming ooc with inappropriate language.)
  • For your second situation, really ensure you allow the user to feel heard, and acknowledged. Do not immediately assume that they are just abusing you, rather take a moment to consider you possibly made a mistake.
  • In response to your 3rd situation, no big deal as you would learn this during your trial phase but it is an immediate ban, don't waste time asking questions. Ensure to show your ability to communicate to the rest of the staff team.
  • The method you have used to deal with the 4th situation is quite basic and not as effective as you should be. Ensure to demonstrate your ability to calmly negotiate tricky, emotional situations. Ensure to take into consideration that we don't want members of our community holding grudges against each other and it's better for staff to assist in mediating any issues when possible. Try think of a more effective way you can ensure they do not speak over each other.
  • Your final situation you deal with it relatively well, however ensure to communicate your patience and eagerness to serve the community by giving up as much of your time as needed. 

As general feedback for your responses, try to add more detail wherever possible. Really have a look through and work on your grammar and if possibly create a colour key for your commands and such, although not necessary, these go a long way on demonstrating your dedication and serious attitude towards becoming a staff member. 

As for your personal characteristics I cannot judge much as I haven't had much personal interactions with you, I'll keep an eye out but it's up to you to get out there and be apart of the community to show qualities of a good staff member. 

I'll be casting a Neutral vote for now, it'll be good to see you update the application with the feedback I've given (it's purposely not specific in parts to allow you room to interpret.)

• Love 1

Shadowz I'm glad to see you apply for Moderator for the server and overall your layout and responses are good but could use some improvements, here's some feedback on the following.

"A user is RDMing and insulting other users. You are the only staff available to deal with the situation"

Make sure your getting both sides of the story before casting judgement in the case, never go off on a 1 sided story of events, evening during the situations when the RDM'er is simply being a minge.
"A user has contested a warn you have given him and proceeds to verbally abuse you"

Understand that from the User's POV it can seem unfair as to why they were given a warning for something they may not of known was wrong, there will be times when a User will just straight up tell you to "Shove it" with your warnings and others will simply want an explanation to their warnings. You'll have to use the best of your judgement for these types of people on how to respond.

"A user has threatened to DDos and take down the server"

Similar to what Stingel has already said, Do not delay when it comes to these matters, If higher staff are currently on the server they will handle it however in the event that you may be the only Staff member online inform message other staff if possible and do what you believe would be the right call in that moment.

The rest of your App appears to be in good order other then you may want to rethink over your grammar and go into more detail, add a bit of colour to highlight what it is your doing in each example such as, [!bring] [User]

I know how well you have been performing lately within the regiment, you've come a long way in such short time. 1 Finally tip would be to get your name more out there, interact with the community in both TeamSpeak and here in the Forums.

Your getting a +1 from me.

• Love 1

I've known Shadowz for 26 days straight and he's a good person for the community and others. I believe he would be a great moderator after all he has done, I saw he's been helping others and me also. Shadowz being apart of 917th Medical Division and NSF has done an excellent job despite his activity, performance. I cannot stop myself giving you this feedback and honestly you deserve it.

The layout of the application is good enough for me to give you a +1.

Good luck mate, best of luck!

• Love 1

i've worked with the Shadowz a fair bit, even did training with him when he was fresh out of the cadet room, i think he has what it takes to be a member of the moderation team +1

• Love 1

Hey buddy, great application from what I can see. Can be worked on, nothing is always perfect. I've known you for a while now, you've always been active, always talking to the community, something we all like seeing. At first from what I read, I was going to stay neutral, however, the application you have proposed has a great layout and good content. I suggest you take some time to look at some past successful/unsuccessful applications to see what they have done, everyone is unique. Something is always different with all applications that have been submitted. Maybe take some time thinking of some situations as well, so that the staff can see that you'd know what to do upon action. Otherwise, it's a +1 from me. Keep up the good work!

I Hvaent had too many interactions with you but the ones I have were good. Honestly I think you have the potential to be a good moderator, your application could use a bit more detail but for the most part its decent and nobody expects you to get everything right off the bat so it doesnt need to be perfect. Overall its a +1 from me.

• Love 1

Shadowz was one of the server members I saw floating around and had some interactions with him in the past. Seemed to be one of those active players who kept popping up in random places to say hello and check in on us. Since becoming our regimental Jedi I have got the privilege to know him further, I can say he is a very friendly guy and easy to get along with. He is very keen to learn and observant on how we operate. 

From my personal interactions with him, I would say he would be a keen and enthusiastic member of the moderator team. 

+1

• Love 1

Hey Shadowz,

Good to see you reaching out to various staff members to express your keenness towards the role.

To outline yourself above other applicants, I would highly suggest increasing your responses to the following questions.

Do you enjoy helping other people?

How will you becoming a moderator impact our community?

The first question is a big one. One of the main purposes of being a staff member. Extending your response to this question will only express your keenness and why you deserve the role at a higher level.
For both, bring in some characteristics that best express your keenness and ability to help others and how it will impact the community at a higher level than other applicants.

As for yourself, I have had not heard or experienced any negative interactions. Although I have no personally interacted with yourself as much as I wish.
The previous comments are great to see.

Other than that, you've expressed a great knowledge and understanding of the staffing role and included tools in your scenario responses.

I will definitely keep an eye out for yourself.
Good luck brother ❤️ 

Edited by Flea
  • Like 1

Your answers are pretty well thought out and demonstrates sound judgement. +1

• Love 1

Known shadowz for almost the entire time I've been on the server, hes perfect for the position get a +1 from me (Stupid phone layout.)

• Love 1

Known Shadowz for a while now and every interaction I have had with him has been positive, I'm sure he'll make a great addition to the staff team.
+1

• Love 1

User will undergo a 2-week trial.

Edited by Pab
  • Love 1