Ratinson - CW: Trial Event Master Application

• Do you have Teamspeak 3 installed?

Yes
  • Are you willing to test your stress?

Yes
  • What is your age? (Minimum of 14 years of age.)

• List your current playtime:

493 (here)
  • Are you willing to learn new ways to approach situations?

Yes
  • Do you have any active warns?

No
  • Do you have any problems with any of our current staff members?

No
  • Steam ID:

STEAM_0:1:459957620
  • Steam Profile Link:

• Current in-game alias/rank:

Captain Rat | Lieutenant Cov
  • Previous Notable Names/Ranks/Positions

N/A
  • How known are you on a scale of 1-10?

• How will you bring new and creative event ideas to the server?:

I have a very creative mindset and hope to put these ideas on a platform to show to the community, I hope the community is able to enjoy these events that I would be able to present to them. I hope these events are different and are able to be liked by members of the community. If any member is disgruntled or not satisfied with the events I've created, I'm always open for feedback and will try to cater event's to everyone's liking.
  • Have you participated in many of our Events?:

Over the period of time I have spent on Gateway Gaming, I have experienced many events, both main events and event server, I see how these events must be pulled and changed to fit the server's looking, I played many events as an EC or on my clone slots.
  • Are you familiar with Gmod's wide range of NPC tools?:

I have loaded into singleplayer to have a play and understand each of the tools advantages and disadvantages, I understand the basic Gmod tools and tools which can be downloaded from the Workshop. I understand most tools limits and how far I can go till I ruin a dupe or build what I'm creating.
  • Name 3 tools that are at an Event Masters disposal within events and leave a small comment detailing each of their uses:

Precision Tool -This tool is mainly used to manipulate certain Props in certain places that you normally could not put in. to use this tool you put a prop in a place connecting with other props using the tool to do a more efficient way of connecting two props which is good to use for making in events to make a more accurate design.
  • Stacker Tool: This tool is used in events to duplicate a prop for RP situations e.g using this to make a barrier by taking the tool out and duplicating a flat rectangular prop to block out areas that could be used for a slice or negotiating in an RP situation. Event Masters Also use this for events to make it easier for event masters to make accurate builds during events.
  • NPC No Target: A very common tool used among the event masters. you can use this tool in events to make you not targeted its especially good for scenarios as an EC and spawning hostile NPCs around you then activate NPC No Target that saves you from NPCs destroying you so sort way to explain it makes you invisible to other NPC's.
  • Are you aware of how much a Gmod server can take or how unstable Gmod truly is?:

I have loaded into a sandbox and began to test the limits of Gmod. As the game is 16 years old I didn't expect the limits to be high as it also runs off Source which is also 16 years old, the server can only take so much before it crashes. In an event scenario, this would be horrible as everyone would have to load back in and I would have to set everything back-up. It comes to show how unstable Garry's Mod is and with one keypress the whole server can crash, I would have to watch the player count because, at 90 players, 1 NPC droid can rubberband the whole server.
  • Do you understand that you are not allowed to abuse your staff rank's powers outside of events? Provide 3 examples detailing different situations that would be considered abuse:

Abuse #1: Going on my EC slot and dragging people into unwanted / not needed RP. Abusing the EC kits such as a lightsaber wielder ( e.g Count Dooku) or as a Mandolorian Super Soldier and I begin to RDM everyone on the server and get people to join in and I just RDM when they try to tell me to stop.
  • Abuse #2: Using !administrate to go into restricted areas that a basic clone trooper wouldn't be allowed into such as R-SEC. Then continuing to breakout people that are serving a sentence and break them out as I see it as an un-valid reason, although the arrested trooper was serving his sentence for a valid reason.
  • Abuse #3: As a staff member, my ULX rank will allow me to access props/tools Users are restricted to for example Vanilla Hyperspace Tool, I also can grab anyone's prop and fling them around due to my staff rank. Spawning in bombs and LFS ships for players to use and abuse at their free-range, also attempting to spawn NPCs around the map to kill players and get their reaction, for my enjoyment.
  • Do you have any event experience? e.g. played a key character in an event before:

Recently, I haven't raised my hand to play any major roles in events, such as an HVT in an event, I have only played minor roles such as B2's bodyguarding the HVT and protecting him from attacking clone's, I have also played small roles on the main server assisting EM's in mini-events on the main server as an HVT which is later sniped by a BX droid, I have also played BX droid and my main objective was to snipe droids from a long distance away and cause some havoc until they can take me out.
  • On a scale of 1-10, how much lore knowledge do you have?

• On a scale of 1-10, how familiar are you with ulx commands?

• Make a comment regarding the recent events on our server and how they have inspired you to become an event master:

Throughout my playtime on Gateway Gaming, I have seen many events and enjoyed them and they have been very creative, I too believe I have a creative enough mindset and the ability to become an Event Master on Gateway Gaming and allow the current state of RP on the server to continue. As I believe the current Event Masters are doing a great job and this has inspired me to also write up this application, and attempt for Event Master.
  • Do you understand that most events rely mainly on improvisation and mainly nothing goes to plan (ever)?

I believe that a key-skill of any Event Master is to adapt to any situation or mistake quickly and fix it. If I am to make a mistake in an event of mine, I would take this as a learning experience and be sure that this wouldn't happen next time, I should also be sure to always have one or two back-up events to be sure if the first one fails I can rely on the back-up plans that I had created, I'm also willing to test myself on improvising events when it comes to this.
  • How confident are you in providing briefings, debriefings, and in ensuring you're able to direct players throughout your events?

I believe I have the right mindset and ability to do mission briefings/debriefings confidently, I also believe I can clearly communicate with the troopers and thoroughly explain the mission briefings and debriefings, to be sure that no trooper is left confused or dazed by what I am trying to explain, I'd be sure to give clear instructions mid-way throughout the event to direct troopers into the correct direction and be sure that they understand everything I'm saying.
  • An event doesn't go to plan and General Grievous is crushed by an elevator. Players are laughing at you. What do you do?

I would annouce that he has been crushed by the elevator shaft, I would then TP him to me and lower his health so he seems to be weaker and make it out that he has escaped by cutting a small hole in the bottom of the elevator which has allowed him to escape, I would then TP him outside one of the elevator's on a random level and allow him to continue the RP that was happening before he was crushed. I could also take it a step further by saying General Grievous has called in CIS support and Hyperspace in Munis and begin attacking the main hangar with drop-pods and spawn in droid NPCs and create a small ranged event on the main server.
  • A user is bad mouthing your events. How do you react?

After the event, if the player has !p (private messaged) me and told me that the event lacked in a certain area, or the event was boring and his whole regiment has found it boring, I'm always open for feedback if you want to speak to me either after the debrief or in Private Messages, I would like to adapt to the feedback and attempt to mold my events into a liking of every trooper, I hope after the trooper and/or regiment is satisfied with the new events I was making. If the player is still unenjoyed by the event's I'm creating I would then try to contact him on what to work on as I see myself to be continuously working on my skills both in making events and on the server, I'd be sure to never down-turn any player's feedback as it can be a big step in improving my skills, if I also didn't care about the player's feedback it would show me as a bad event master who doesn't care on others opinions.
  • You have to go AFK in the middle of an event you are running and there are no backups available. What should you have done to avoid this?

If I knew I was unavailable that day I had the event booked, I wouldn't book the event. However, if something has come up like a personal issue and I'm unable to make & have time to do the event, I would contact any free Event Masters, if they are all full at that time, I would contact a Back-Up EM, I would then tell them the event I had planned, I would recommend them to play out this event or they can create their event if they do my event I would contact them after to know how the event went and if anyone had any feedback for the event.
  • Players and a few staff members are complaining about the amount of lag they're dealing with during your event. How do you resolve this?

Firstly, I would begin decreasing any NPCs around the map which haven't been killed or are sitting at the bottom of the map and haven't already been cleared, Garry's Mod is always going to lag due to the number of players as 80 players and a big scale event won't end well with players rubberbanding and not being able to move, I must also make sure the map and props can co-operate and also not lag and crash player's games, If it does I would have to change the map or change the props if that is what is the main issue, if all of this can make the game slightly smoother and each player can enjoy and play the event I have prepared.
  • To conclude your app. you are required to create and design your own event. This includes planets, maps and stage actions. Include lots of detail in your event design. You are required to involve PassiveRP elements.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iOQf4kvOSleTxyV7m5GPlWavW7I7-QEPTzQ_pa-SKYI/edit?usp=sharing
Edited by Ratinson
  • Like 2
  • +1 5

Overall this is a fairly good app, my only issue is that the event idea seems a bit bland and not too in depth. You should describe what 104th could negotiate for to make the bounty hunters turn the rayshield off etc. Over all though its a fairly good app with some grammatical errors here and there but not too major, Leaning on a strong neutral weak +1, if you can add more detail to your event plan it will be a +1 from me but atm it will be a Neutral

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Sas said:

Overall this is a fairly good app, my only issue is that the event idea seems a bit bland and not too in depth. You should describe what 104th could negotiate for to make the bounty hunters turn the rayshield off etc. Over all though its a fairly good app with some grammatical errors here and there but not too major, Leaning on a strong neutral weak +1, if you can add more detail to your event plan it will be a +1 from me but atm it will be a Neutral

I have made adjustments to my event idea and hopefully you can take a look and more feedback is appreciated.

Edited by Ratinson
1 hour ago, Sas said:

You have taken my advice and edited your plan to add more detail and go more in depth

it is now a big fat +1 from me

Edited by Sas
  • Like 1

Throughout my time in 501st, I have gotten to know Rat very well.

I personally don't think that straight off the bat that Rat would be the best EM. I think that it would take a little bit of time for him to become accustomed to the responsibilities that being an EM brings along. However, I know that as he has with his responsibilities in 501st, he would try his absolute hardest to do the best he can.

People obviously wont be the best at being an EM when they start. But, what I personally find to be amongst the best attribute in a staff member, or any member of this community, is the strive to be the best you can be. I can safely say that Rat has this attribute.  I, without any doubt can say that Rat would try his hardest to be the best EM he can be.

Good luck nerd.

+1

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Sas said:

You have taken my advice and edited your plan to add more detail and go more in depth

16 minutes ago, Humbug said:

I personally don't think that straight off the bat that Rat would be the best EM. I think that it would take a little bit of time for him to become accustomed to the responsibilities that being an EM brings along. However, I know that as he has with his responsibilities in 501st, he would try his absolute hardest to do the best he can.

People obviously wont be the best at being an EM when they start. But, what I personally find to be amongst the best attribute in a staff member, or any member of this community, is the strive to be the best you can be. I can safely say that Rat has this attribute.  I, without any doubt can say that Rat would try his hardest to be the best EM he can be.

Good luck nerd.

+1

2 hours ago, Ratinson said:

I have made adjustments to my event idea and hopefully you can take a look and more feedback is appreciated.

15 minutes ago, Humbug said:

Good luck nerd.

+1

40 minutes ago, Sas said:

I thank all of yous for your support ❤️

Rat you’re a very good person that seemed to have some good ideas, I believe you being an EM will be great for the server bringing some fun and original event ideas.

+1 From me 

-Love From Vanders 

Edited by Vanders
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, Vanders said:

Rat you’re a very good person that seemed to have some good ideas, I believe you being an EM will be great for the server bringing some fun and original event ideas.

+1 From me 

-Love From Vanders 

❤️

Hey Rat,

I've known you for a while now, you used to minge a bit earlier haha but you have definitely slowed down on that a lot and now you are quiet a big part of the community. Your application overall is pretty solid, some more detail could maybe be included but generally I like it. Your event idea also seems pretty solid for a first event. Due to my personal experience with you and this application I think you would make a good EM and bring a nice difference to the team, I would be very interested in playing your events. I think you can make further changes to your application however, try and format it a little nicer, you can edit through here, maybe bold the titles, or colour them, put some paragraphs in the middle, simple stuff like that can enhance the app. 

Best of luck Rat, +1 

- Pluto

• Like 1
On 9/27/2020 at 9:07 PM, Pluto said:

Hey Rat,

I've known you for a while now, you used to minge a bit earlier haha but you have definitely slowed down on that a lot and now you are quiet a big part of the community. Your application overall is pretty solid, some more detail could maybe be included but generally I like it. Your event idea also seems pretty solid for a first event. Due to my personal experience with you and this application I think you would make a good EM and bring a nice difference to the team, I would be very interested in playing your events. I think you can make further changes to your application however, try and format it a little nicer, you can edit through here, maybe bold the titles, or colour them, put some paragraphs in the middle, simple stuff like that can enhance the app. 

Best of luck Rat, +1 

- Pluto

Always good to hear feedback from you Pluto.

Edited by Ratinson
  • Love 1

Well, I'm not sure how to say this but your application is very well written, kinda better then I am, aha! Too be honest, I need to start learning all of this stuff and apply for it in a later future, You really deserve this...

+1

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Get EM already you minge :P)

+1

Alright lets look at whats good about you and this app, you're a good lad, you're a funny minge, fucken amazing application, you're not salty when it comes to taking criticism and actually like to build off of said criticism, in turn becoming a better person. And alot more shit I cant be fucked saying, in short I'd say you're a fairly good lad who deserves the position of Event Master.  :P)))))

Edited by TheActualNinja
need to be more elaborate
  • Like 1

Very well written app with a few grammar errors but lets just hope they don't make it into your future events ;). Very active player, you handle yourself well in game and have a good mindset for the event master team.

+1

• Like 1

Application is quite good, the event is a little bland but there's effort put into the document. More importantly I think Rat is an active player and well known member of the community who can be trusted with administrative powers, would be a great addition to the EM team imo. 

+1

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Sloth locked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...