Sergeant CT-4398 'Gale' - 7th Sky Corps Ghost Company

Previous Notable Names/Ranks/Positions

Master Sergeant 4398 Glitch - 327th Star Corps Hawkbat Battalion

Steam ID:

STEAM_0:0:92007131

Steam Profile Link:

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198144279990/

List your current playtime:

New Steam Account [GG] McCheeksy: 465 Hours     =    Old Steam Account [GG] Glitch: Just Over 3000 Hours

What is your age? (Minimum of 14 years of age.)

17 years old.

How well known are you on a scale of 1-10?

I would say a 5/10, I've had many steam account names. Most people in the server knew me as '4398 Glitch', in which was on my old steam account. However, on my new steam account I reside by the name 'Gale' which very few regiments would know me by. I'm currently putting my name out there to get to know the Gateway Community greater, and to be there to help any trooper in need.

Do you have Teamspeak 3 installed?

Yes, I do have Teamspeak 3 installed.

Do you enjoy helping other people?

Yes I love reaching out to people and being a helping hand. I believe that troopers would benefit a better gameplay and skill level from the help of an older/ experienced Player. If there's any chance of reaching out to a player and helping them, I'm the first person there to take action.

Are you willing to test your stress?

Yes I am willing to test my stress.

Do you believe you're able to deal with individuals and situations in a completely unbiased manner?

Yes, I do not treat friends/current regiment differently to other troopers in the server. All troopers must be treated the same way, bias reasoning should not be complied.

Do you have any problems with any of our current staff members?

No I do not.

Are you willing to learn new ways to approach situations?

Yes, I'm always open to learning new approaches, as it allows me to choose which one I feel most comfortable using bringing a better experience/performance to the Gateway Community.

Do you have any active warns?

No I do not.

How will you becoming a moderator impact our community?

I used to be a moderator on two starwars rp servers, I've had heaps of experience with events and admin tools. I became moderator to constantly be a help to the server's troops. I was known to be the moderator to hold open climb swept trainings and vehicular trainings. By being a moderator I can be there to support all roles within the server, Ill be there to resolve every ticket to benefit all troopers skills to prepare them for battle! I don't have many hours on this steam account, my old account got hacked and I was never able to retrieve it, I had over 3000 hours on gmod with my old account.

Do you understand that as a member of the Staff Team, your position may be subject to change and / or termination should you not be performing to the degree stipulated? Do you also understand that a staff role is one that comes with the expectation of commiting time to helping the users of the server (Up to 20 hours a week)?

Yes I understand.

A user is RDMing and insulting other users. You are the only staff available to deal with the situation. What do you do?

I would !bring (name) the user that is RDMing and insulting, I would try to talk to the user however if he is not listing trying to run away I would !jail the user, so I'm able to speak to him. If the user doesn't like being jailed and resorts to spamming his mic I would follow accordingly with a !gag to prevent the user from continuing, I would ask the user why he would do that and request him to type it in chat while trying to calm the user down, once I felt the user was calm I would ungag him if he wanted to use his mic and ask him why he preformed like that and how he also broke the server rules. If he acknowledges that he broke the rules and says he won't do it again I would just !warn “RMD Insulting other” after that I would unjail the user and return him. if the user preformed RDMing after I warned him I would !freeze the user and tell him I told you not to break the rules after the siting this would result in a temp ban for a day or so to enable the user to think over the actions he preformed.

A user has contested a warn you have given him and proceeds to verbally abuse you, what do you do?

If this was the case I would request the users name and what rules he was breaking after hearing their side of what the user did I would then !goto (player) the user in question and tell him what some other users said he was doing and ask if he was doing those things. If the user was denied those claims, I would ask the user to come with me to the users who confronted me about this issue. Once I got them all in one location I would ask the users that confronted me if they had any form of evidence, if no evidence is presented I would let the accused go and tell the group that confronted me that if they see any evidence of this screenshot it next time as no punishment can be given out without evidence.

A user has threatened to DDos and take down the server. What do you do?

I would user !goto and tp to the user which the threat came from if he is in a public place ill pull him aside and ask the user if he said it as a joke or if he was serious about the Ddos. If he only said it as a joke I would tell him that Ddosing isn't something to joke about which would be followed up by letting him know he will get a warning for saying it and I would return him afterwards for the warn I would apply the reason “joking about Ddosing the server”. However, if he wasn't joking and kept threatening to Ddos I would apply a perm ban saying “Threatening to Ddos the server”. If situation is pushed any further, a ban will immediately be placed on the player using !ban (player name) 0 threatening DDoS attempts. Ban appeals can be further made/investigated through the Gateway Gaming Forums.

A Commander and Lieutenant are arguing in front of debrief. It is getting quite heated. The context to the argument is unknown to you. What do you do?

I would inform the two involved that this isn't the place to talk about this issue and ask them to stop for a moment, I would then proceed to bring one of them at a time to me using the !bring (player) command and get them to explain their side of the story to myself and follow up with the other as well if I'm unable to reach a clear verdict I would request another member of staff who may have a better understanding to help resolve this issue. However, if there is no evidence provided for either of their story's I would inform them to let it go and continue on their day.

A Cadet has been complaining and wandering around because he hasn't been trained yet. He doesn't appear to have any intent to role play. What do you do?

I would bring the cadet back to the Cadet room using the !bring (player) command then get the cadet to wait a moment I would advertise in OOC for a SGT+ to head down to the cadet room if no one came down or responded to the message I would teleport to a SGT+ in-game and tell him to train the cadet. Since this cadet seems to be minge I would watch over the SGT and cadet to ensure that no minging occurs. If minging does occur I would walk up to the cadet and ask “do you have any intention to Rp?” if he continues minging I would apply a kick to the cadet with a message “come back when wiling to RP” however if they are new to SWRP I would just walk up to them and inform them that on this server minging isn't tolerated and id you continue it could cause some punishment.

Example Situation:

'The Cadet says: "Ok, I'll abide the server rules."'

If the Cadet complies to the server's rules and is trained, I would ask of him once again “do you have any intention to Rp?”. After this I would constantly [administrate] around the cadet to make sure he does not have any other intention to minge. However, if the cadet continues to disregard the Gateway server rules and continue to minge, I would take action by [!menu temp ban the cadet for 24 hours - NITRP (No Intent To RP) - "Come back tomorrow if you would like to play by the server rules"]

Colour Coding/Legend:

Red - What I would say in-game

Green - ULX Commands

Pink - Situation Examples

Edited by Gale
  • Like 1
  • +1 4

31 minutes ago, Gale said:

Master Sergeant 4398 Glitch

were you apart of 187th and a moderator?

Sorry got your named mixed up with another player my bad

Edited by Rainn
  • Haha 1

Hey Gale, unfortunately I haven't been able to have many personal interactions with you however you seem like a respectful guy. For now, I am going to stay Neutral as I believe this application could use some edits, it is nice to see you have shown some knowledge of the ULX commands however you should try and add as many ULX in the situations as possible. give yourself multiple outcomes of the situation and how you would go about it, you want to try and include as much detail as possibly rather than give the one answer. I think what you have as your answers a pretty solid but some editing to them would be nice, have a look at some past successful applications which you may have already done but if so, always good to check multiple. Also, editing in the sense of formatting would also be nice, I know through the application you can't change the size or bold, or underline etc. but through here you can, so maybe take the time to do that because it will make the whole thing look a lot more professional, perhaps colour code some stuff as well if possible. Also some grammar changes such as capitalizing I's always makes it look more professional as well. Happy to help if needed but try and take your time editing it on your own first, best of luck, perhaps with some of these changes you may change my mind to a +1...

Neutral

Edited by Pluto

I have never met you personally or in-game, If you are able to tell what regiment you are in that would help me, You also only seem to have 33 hours on the server under the name [GG] McCheeksy, Overall the application looks good with a few touch-ups I believe it can be better and I'm going to give you Neutral for the time being.

unknown.png

Edited by Gecko

15 minutes ago, Gecko said:

I have never met you personally or in-game, If you are able to tell what regiment you are in that would help me, You also only seem to have 33 hours on the server under the name [GG] McCheeksy, Overall the application looks good with a few touch-ups I believe it can be better and I'm going to give you Neutral for the time being.
unknown.png

I am currently apart of the 7th Sky Corps Ghost Company, On my old steam account is where I had most of my hours, sadly lost and was unable to recover so yeah sorry about that!

18 minutes ago, Pluto said:

Hey Gale, I know you are very active on the server as I see the name, Glitch, a lot, unfortunately I haven't been able to have many personal interactions with you however you seem like a respectful guy. For now, I am going to stay Neutral as I believe this application could use some edits, it is nice to see you have shown some knowledge of the ULX commands however you should try and add as many ULX in the situations as possible. give yourself multiple outcomes of the situation and how you would go about it, you want to try and include as much detail as possibly rather than give the one answer. I think what you have as your answers a pretty solid but some editing to them would be nice, have a look at some past successful applications which you may have already done but if so, always good to check multiple. Also, editing in the sense of formatting would also be nice, I know through the application you can't change the size or bold, or underline etc. but through here you can, so maybe take the time to do that because it will make the whole thing look a lot more professional, perhaps colour code some stuff as well if possible. Also some grammar changes such as capitalizing I's always makes it look more professional as well. Happy to help if needed but try and take your time editing it on your own first, best of luck, perhaps with some of these changes you may change my mind to a +1...

Neutral

Thank you very much for the feedback, much appreciated! So do I edit this application, is that what you mean?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gale said:

Thank you very much for the feedback, much appreciated! So do I edit this application, is that what you mean?

Yep try and make some edits : ) You'll see what to edit through what I stated and just look at some past applications as well, best of luck! : )

Just now, Pluto said:

Yep try and make some edits : ) You'll see what to edit through what I stated and just look at some past applications as well, best of luck! : )

Thank you very much for your help 🙂

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Pluto said:

Edits have been made, hope that helps 🙂

• Like 1

As your Commander I can confirm you are extremely enthusiastic about playing the server constantly asking others if they are wanting to do trainings which is great. However your time back at gateway has been short and your only a Corporal. I understand you played in the past however that isn't really relevant at the moment. When I first applied for Mod I was a GSG and people still believed I wasn't known enough. So perhaps waiting a little bit, you've just finished your school so you'll have plenty of time to play and put yourself out there for others to get known.

I'm gonna -1 just based off you aren't a really known member of the community yet. Look forward to doing more with you in 7th!

• Like 1

Completely forgot to edit this response, my apologies. 

Anyway. Your application is truthfully textbook in what we're looking for in a potential Trial Moderator. You carry yourself well, and I have never once had any reason to raise my eyebrow at you while you're in-game. I think you've a solid shot at staff. For now I'd recommend really putting yourself out there at the front of the pack as you do have a lot of other applicants to 'contend' with. Good luck!

I applaud your effort to get feedback from existing staff in a proactive way. This should be commended. 

Edited by Noc
  • Like 2
  • +1 1

Thank you very much! Much appreciated! 🙂

Hi Bud! You seem like a good lad, but I would recommend you to get yourself more known out there. Hopping around the teamspeak would be a great start, and personally chatting up on OOC whenever you have time. For now I'd give you a neutral, but this can always be changed. Good luck and I hope to see you on the server and the teamspeak!

Edit: I will be changing this to a +1, he has been around, been listening to feedback, and actually asks for criticism from staff members. Why not give him a shot at T-Mod. 

Edit: Activity is on the down low, don't see you around the server anymore. Going to -1 till I can see more activity.

Edited by Dank Machine
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Dank Machine said:

Hi Bud! You seem like a good lad, but I would recommend you to get yourself more known out there. Hopping around the teamspeak would be a great start, and personally chatting up on OOC whenever you have time. For now I'd give you a neutral, but this can always be changed. Good luck and I hope to see you on the server and the teamspeak!

Thankyou for the feedback :))

Well at your request I am here and here is my review:

The layout of your app is good and you have clear knowledge of past staff experience with commands and given situations, personally I haven't seen much of you as this is 1 of my first interactions with you. Main issue being how well known you are on the server, easy way to fix this is to be more out there like joining in on Open training's and talking and interacting with people on the server Teamspeak. 

For the time being I'm gonna be Neutral.

Edit: I'm impressed on how you have been doing and have changed to +1

Edited by Hellfire
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hellfire said:

Well at your request I am here and here is my review:

The layout of your app is good and you have clear knowledge of past staff experience with commands and given situations, personally I haven't seen much of you as this is 1 of my first interactions with you. Main issue being how well known you are on the server, easy way to fix this is to be more out there like joining in on Open training's and talking and interacting with people on the server Teamspeak. 

For the time being I'm gonna be Neutral.

Thank you for the feedback 🙂

Seems like a good, honorable and chill dude. Your not mingy at all and seem sensible

• Like 1

Just now, Shdaowz said:

Seems like a good, honorable and chill dude. Your not mingy at all and seem sensible

Thank you for the feedback Shdaowz!!!

Similar to other staff members, I'm here by request. Not to say I wouldn't have come across this at a later stage.

I cannot express enough how important it is to express your keenness and higher interests in regards to the staffing role on the server... especially with the amount of current applicants.
You've done exceptionally well to talk to current staff members to gain instant feedback on your application and or yourself. I agree with @Nocthat this will be commended and will not go unnoticed.
This is one of the main aspects of a applicant that catch my eye and stand out from the rest. Even if the applicant is new to the community, an older player or someone with a high position in regards to Sergeant, Officer or Commander ranks.

Another stand out feature, now in regards to your application, is the effort put into those questions that are usually answered with "Yes" or "No" by most other applicants.
The questions that are presented before Scenarios..
It's all effort that does not go unnoticed.

The staffing role can be easily taught with the right attitudes to learn, gain feedback and criticism. Although, you do seem to have a great understanding of the staff role, it's commands and ideologies, express through the Scenario questions... most likely due to your previous experience.

Most of the neutral votes are due to lack of community presence, which I can understand from first impressions. Although, in my opinion, all of my previous comments overlay your unknown presence on the server. In no form am I expressing an unknown presence in the community as a bad thing.

Just a small note for those who commented on this application or plan to, Gale has a broken microphone and plans to purchase one. Of coarse, a microphone helps a lot but is not a requirement.

Keep it up brother.
You also seem a great bloke after talking in TeamSpeak. Not only asking for feedback but acting on it instantly. Your presence will only increase in the chance of getting into a trial period.

In conclusion, out of all applicants so far, you have stood out the most in my eye. +1 
🙂 

• Like 1
  • +1 1

7 minutes ago, Flea said:

Similar to other staff members, I'm here by request. Not to say I wouldn't have come across this at a later stage.

I cannot express enough how important it is to express your keenness and higher interests in regards to the staffing role on the server... especially with the amount of current applicants.
You've done exceptionally well to talk to current staff members to gain instant feedback on your application and or yourself. I agree with @Nocthat this will be commended and will not go unnoticed.
This is one of the main aspects of a applicant that catch my eye and stand out from the rest. Even if the applicant is new to the community, an older player or someone with a high position in regards to Sergeant, Officer or Commander ranks.

Another stand out feature, now in regards to your application, is the effort put into those questions that are usually answered with "Yes" or "No" by most other applicants.
The questions that are presented before Scenarios..
It's all effort that does not go unnoticed.

The staffing role can be easily taught with the right attitudes to learn, gain feedback and criticism. Although, you do seem to have a great understanding of the staff role, it's commands and ideologies, express through the Scenario questions... most likely due to your previous experience.

Most of the neutral votes are due to lack of community presence, which I can understand from first impressions. Although, in my opinion, all of my previous comments overlay your unknown presence on the server. In no form am I expressing an unknown presence in the community as a bad thing.

Just a small note for those who commented on this application or plan to, Gale has a broken microphone and plans to purchase one. Of coarse, a microphone helps a lot but is not a requirement.

Keep it up brother.
You also seem a great bloke after talking in TeamSpeak. Not only asking for feedback but acting on it instantly. Your presence will only increase in the chance of getting into a trial period.

In conclusion, out of all applicants so far, you have stood out the most in my eye. +1 
🙂 

Thankyou very much!! I really appreciate it!!! ♥️

On 9/26/2020 at 8:07 PM, Noc said:

Completely forgot to edit this response, my apologies. 

Anyway. Your application is truthfully textbook in what we're looking for in a potential Trial Moderator. You carry yourself well, and I have never once had any reason to raise my eyebrow at you while you're in-game. I think you've a solid shot at staff. For now I'd recommend really putting yourself out there at the front of the pack as you do have a lot of other applicants to 'contend' with. Good luck!

I applaud your effort to get feedback from existing staff in a proactive way. This should be commended. 

Thank again for the feedback @Noc!! Much appreciated!!! By the way, did you used to be Commander Bly by any chance??

Edited by Gale
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gale said:

Thank again for the feedback @Noc!! Much appreciated!!! By the way, did you used to be Commander Bly by any chance??

I did, right before I left the community for a bit.

Just now, Noc said:

I did, right before I left the community for a bit.

Yes! I don't know if you remember me but I was apart of your regiment and later on left due to family IRL things

Just now, Gale said:

Yes! I don't know if you remember me but I was apart of your regiment and later on left due to family IRL things

Js#8442 if you wanna keep chatting, lets keep this application clear for feedback hahah. I do remember you though!

• Haha 1

Alright, imma just get straight to the point. In terms of writing this is a bloody marvelous application, or atleast that's what I think, it's well formatted it looks to have alot of detail and just overall seems like you put your maximum effort into it. But writing isn't the only thing that will get you staff, you yourself as a person have to respectful and a well known player on the community, and while I will say you are an amazing person to hang around and just chat with, you're not very well known which is kinda you're biggest downside. Although before you left gateway you were probably a well known player, currently you're really nothing more than just a returning player who only a certain few know about.

Sorry if this seems kinda harsh im just trynna be honest with you lol, but back to writing my response.

As I just stated here and in our dm's on discord, you're not very well known, so my biggest piece of advice for you whether or not you do get accepted or denied, just try to get yourself a little more known around the server, aside from that I really dunno what else to say. You're a good dude to hang around, quite trust-worthy and from my interactions with you solely on discord you seem like a mature person, I'd say you're fit for the role.

+1

big ole' +1 for you my good friend :P)

oh and also great usage of ULX codes :P))))))))

Edited by TheActualNinja
yes
  • Like 1