Pluto - CW: Trial Moderator Application

Pluto

• Current in-game alias/rank:

Pluto / Inactive Plo Koon / 2227 Jupiter
  • Steam ID:

STEAM_0:0:54822077
  • Steam Profile Link:

• List your current playtime:

• What is your age? (Minimum of 14 years of age.)

• How well known are you on a scale of 1-10?

• Do you have Teamspeak 3 installed?

Yes
  • Do you enjoy helping other people?

Yes
  • Are you willing to test your stress?

Yes
  • Do you believe you're able to deal with individuals and situations in a completely unbiased manner?

Yes
  • Do you have any problems with any of our current staff members?

No
  • Are you willing to learn new ways to approach situations?

Yes
  • Do you have any active warns?

Non
  • How will you becoming a moderator impact our community?

I will be able to have an impact on the community in a very positive way because of my large experience with the server and its community, and the fact that I care deeply about helping the server and community, I believe these traits will allow me to work hard as a moderator and succeed in what is required from the role. I always enjoy helping others which is seen through all my time as an EM, and this aspect of myself will make me always wanting to assist in any way I can, whether it is for RDM tickets, tool tickets, helping other staff members, I will be willing to do it when required and even do my best to help even when it is not directly being asked for. I also have pretty good knowledge on many aspects of a moderator, through being an EM I have learnt skills and knowledge required of a moderator due to doing a variety of tickets, which I believe gives me a helpful start however, for anything I may not understand, I am willing to learn no matter what it is, or how challenging it may be, if it is necessary for the role, I will do my best to learn it.

In summary, through my devotion to the server and community I will be able to help the staff team and players no matter what, and for any issues I may encounter, I will be willing to learn them and I will contact my buddy or other staff members for assistance if needed.

On a side note, also having the experience of EM I would be willing to become a backup EM to further help with the staff team and community and I would also be willing to do patrols/operations for regiments on the main server if no EMs are available to do so.

• Do you understand that as a member of the Staff Team, your position may be subject to change and / or termination should you not be performing to the degree stipulated? Do you also understand that a staff role is one that comes with the expectation of commiting time to helping the users of the server (Up to 20 hours a week)?

Yes

• A user is RDMing and insulting other users. You are the only staff available to deal with the situation. What do you do?

I have thankfully had this sort of situation in the past just not as much the 'insulting' area but what I would first do if seeing this user RDM/insult others, or being reported through /ticket or some other form of communication, my first step would be to utilize my bind of !administrate to enter noclip and find an appropriate quiet location. I would then proceed to !bring the user to the location and I would explain to them why I have brought them... I would then confirm what they have done by opening the /logs menu and and find out when they caused RDM and how many players they killed, depending on how many they killed will impact the consequence given upon them. Before giving a consequence though, I would also bring anyone that has accused the user of insulting them utilizing the sam command !bring, and ask questions such as 'What occurred with this user and in what way was he insulting you?'. I would also ask for any evidence the person may have about the user insulting to further confirm if it occurred.

If I have concluded that the user has both RDMed and Insulted other players, I would give two !warns to the player, one for RDM, the other for player disrespect/insulting.
    However, if the user Mass RDMed I would probably put a 3 day ban upon them by either using the format, !ban or using the !gmenu to ban by steamid which I would gain through /logs. I would of course also inform the user that they can appeal on the forums and possibly supply them the forums link if necessary. I would also inform my buddy that I have done a ban if it did occur. Of course, all of these decisions would depend on the users responses as well to the situation, if they admit to the issue I would still check /logs and follow the process as mentioned before, if they do not admit or stay neutral to the situation I would still follow a previous format as before such as checking logs, bringing in the user who has accused this user and anything more for confirmation/evidence.

• A user has contested a warn you have given him and proceeds to verbally abuse you, what do you do?

If the user is contesting a warn I have given them, my first step would be again to !bring the user to a quiet place on the map using !administrate (or asking another staff member through @ chat during t-mod trial), once taken somewhere I would ask something along the lines of 'why do you think the warn was wrongfully given?', if he doesn't say kindly why he thinks it is wrong and is instead verbally abusing, I would first ask him appropriately to please stop verbally using me or this could count as staff disrespect. If it gets to the point that the user continues the verbal abuse, I would use !warn [Name/steamid] [Reason], to give the user a formal warn for staff disrespect. However, if the user is not verbally abusing and instead is saying calmly his point of view of why my warn may have been wrong I would ask through @ chat for further assistance to get a second staff members perspective, they would either be able to tell us if the warn given was correct or not. From then on, the warn would be handled depending on what the belief of the other staff member was.

• A user has threatened to DDos and take down the server. What do you do?

Without second guessing and as soon as I could, I would open /logs, head to chat under general and proceed to copy the users SteamID, if possible, I would also gain the users profile for more information on them. From then on, I would open the !gmenu and proceed to ban the user by SteamID for the max that a trial mod can, being 3 days time. After doing so, I would inform other staff or higher ups in the staff team either through @ chat or Discord/TS that a user has threatened to DDos the server, I would then provide that higher up with the SteamID and profile of the user and any further evidence to show that they had threatened [I would also consider copying what they said in chat through logs for further evidence]. I would ensure I am unbias by still doing this process even if I believe the DDos threat was a joke, or false claim.

• A Commander and Lieutenant are arguing in front of debrief. It is getting quite heated. The context to the argument is unknown to you. What do you do?

First instinct would be to instantly tell them through voice chat or /looc to cool it off, and that it is disrespectful to be arguing in front of a debrief. If they do not listen to me and continue to argue, I would use !administrate to move to a much more isolated area, I would also !bring both users to the location. I would !freeze if necessary and if they continue arguing after a verbal warning to stop, I would utilize !mute to take full control of the situation. I would first tell them that both need to stop arguing this instant and that they need to listen to my questions and answer them without any further arguing. I would focus on finding out what the context was by asking the two users, I would get them to speak separately by toggling !mute again one at a time and hearing what they have to say. Depending on what the contexts were said by each player, the consequences would differ, assuming it is something along the lines of disrespect towards each other, it could possibly lead to a formal !warn and get both users kicked. I would also try and get evidence from each user if they are accusing each other of certain events, however, if unable to give that is alright, I would make a judgement based on what I know and get further support if required through @ chat. Or, if the users were arguing through text chat, I could also check /logs for the chats they may have written towards each other.

If the sit worsened and the players began being disrespectful towards me or continued to be towards each other after multiple warnings, this could possibly result to a short ban time which I would then inform in @ chat of my decision or before doing, possibly ask for a second opinion. I would of course also tell them they can appeal on the forums.

• A Cadet has been complaining and wandering around because he hasn't been trained yet. He doesn't appear to have any intent to role play. What do you do?

If roaming around outside of the Cadet room, my first focus would be to !goto the user to see if they are roaming around and if so, I would !administrate towards the cadet room and !bring that cadet back to that spot. I would apologize and say 'sorry but you are not allowed to leave this room without being trained'. Seeing as they are waiting to be trained, and if it seems as if the cadet is willing to cooperate with me and wanting to play respectfully on the server and isn't minging, I would write in ooc or // that 'A Cadet requires training, if no SGT+ volunteers than someone will be picked at random to train the cadet' and I would !bring a SGT+ if no one volunteered to train them.
    However, if the cadet was not willing to cooperate and was acting with mingy behaviour, I would first verbally warn by telling the cadet to 'please not be mingey otherwise it could result in NITRP and therefore a kick/warn'. If the Cadet continues to be mingey, I would then formally !warn the cadet for NITRP. If the Cadet continues coming back to minge, I will continue with the warns, however if he gets to a point of either RDMing or further causing disrespect and mingey behaviour, this could possibly lead to a short term ban if they are not willing to cooperate after many warns.
    Lastly, if the Cadet does seem willing to cooperate and I get a SGT+ to train the cadet, I would still !administrate and watch from a hidden area to ensure the cadet is intending to roleplay for a short period while the SGT trains them. If all seems well, I will leave it to the SGT to train and possibly even !p the SGT to tell me if he shows NITRP or is minging.

I truly appreciate any feedback and am willing to make edits where necessary, please inform me if you believe there are mistakes, or what I can improve on etc. Thank you for taking your time to read the application.

Edited by Pluto
Adjustments
  • Like 5
  • +1 5

Great EM and commander of RSC, Pluto has proven to a great extent to show to the whole server how proficient and dedicated he is to his duties on Gateway. He would definitely make a great moderator and has a big +1 from me

Edited by Humbug
  • Love 1

I have known Pluto since I first joined the server and he is a very helpful and co-operative person. He is willing to help in situations, he already has good knowledge on ULX commands due to being an Event Master. If Pltuo begins his Trial Moderator period I believe he will be able to succeed in this area and be a great addition to the Staff Team. 

+1

• Love 1

Haven't known Pluto for the longest time, but the interactions I have had with him have been only positive and he only comes off as mature and responsible at any moment. If he's been staff for this long as EM I can't see why he can't give the other side a shot.

+1

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Spirit said:

You're a legend. Keep it up. +1

25 minutes ago, Fluxy said:

Absolute legend, Pluto is always friendly and level headed and clearly understands what is appropriate behaviour. Answers are fleshed out and demonstrate an understanding of the commands. +1

44 minutes ago, Clazza said:

Has always been super friendly and helpful and an important member of the community +1

1 hour ago, Buck 🙂 said:

sorry chief, youre not leaving the EM team.

jk, +1 Pluto makes a great EM and he would most certainly make a great server staff.

1 hour ago, Toblerone said:

pluto cool fella and would be epic mod

+1

2 hours ago, Richard said:

Haven't known Pluto for the longest time, but the interactions I have had with him have been only positive and he only comes off as mature and responsible at any moment. If he's been staff for this long as EM I can't see why he can't give the other side a shot.

+1

2 hours ago, Ratinson said:

As i see in this app you know your ULX commands and its a very well built app and overall a good app that deserves a very big +1

2 hours ago, Gecko said:

I have known Pluto since I first joined the server and he is a very helpful and co-operative person. He is willing to help in situations, he already has good knowledge on ULX commands due to being an Event Master. If Pltuo begins his Trial Moderator period I believe he will be able to succeed in this area and be a great addition to the Staff Team. 

+1

2 hours ago, Humbug said:

Great EM and commander of RSC, Pluto has proven to a great extent to show to the whole server how proficient and dedicated he is to his duties on Gateway. He would definitely make a great moderator and has a big +1 from me

2 hours ago, Pyro said:

No pluto why leave EM

Thank you all : ) So glad I have been able to get to know all of you ❤️

• Like 1

Also just a heads up, a key for reading the colours is basically:

ULX Commands, other Commands in general and staff related content as well.

Situations the users may undergo

My actions/questions 

I believe that is everything... Contact if there is still confusion. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Akali said:

*Pluto leaves EM*

Me:   How can you do this

jk, you're one of the best EMs in the EM team and I think (nah you will) be one of the best Moderators in the Moderator team +1

Thanks so much man : ) - i cant react anymore today so I will asap hahaha 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Flame said:

How can someone say no to you? +1 You'll make a great mod, Sad that we won't get to play your event's anymore tho they are the best ones.

I plan to become a backup EM : ) So hopefully I will still host events in the future, and I plan to still do mini events/patrols and all : ) Thanks heaps though, ❤️ 

• +1 1

The application look very well done and detailed.pluto I have known for months now and talk to him everyday in ts. Very active, good attitude and even now he always has questions  about being a mod.

+1

Edited by Pab
  • Love 1