Sign in to follow this  
Richard

Richard - CW: Trial Moderator Application

Current in-game alias/rank:

Warrant Officer Richard - 7th Sky Boulder Company Trooper

Previous Notable Roles:

Located in the signature, it's easier that way than to squeeze it here.

Steam ID:

STEAM_0:0:44800507

Steam Profile Link:

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198049866742/

List your current playtime:

2000 Hours (Roughly, many account names)

What is your age? (Minimum of 14 years of age.)

How well known are you on a scale of 1-10?

Do you have Teamspeak 3 installed?

Yes

Do you enjoy helping other people?

Yes

Are you willing to test your stress?

Yes

Do you believe you're able to deal with individuals and situations in a completely unbiased manner?

Yes

Do you have any problems with any of our current staff members?

No

Are you willing to learn new ways to approach situations?

Yes

Do you have any active warns?

1 over a year ago for pressing the ship alarm in downtime.

How will you becoming a moderator impact our community?

I'm not going to make a big deal about being a past member, as it more holds me back due to my old server mindset and I should be more open minded to learning how staffing works in today's standards.

What I can offer however:

1. I'm considered quite a creative person by many which can help the staff team through being able to think up unique ways of dealing with difficult situations. My creative mindset also allows me to think of a lot of unique ideas that may or may not contribute to improving the staffing system.
2. Over the years, maturity has been another trait that allows me to get further in the server than most. For example, it's helped me reach higher CO ranks and past staff roles due to people's trust in my maturity being at a high enough standard to deal with these situations accordingly. This trait will impact the community by being able to present myself as a well-mannered staff member who can deal with minges accordingly and in a just matter.
3. A third way would be an extra hand around who'd be willing to do the more lengthy staffing tasks such as spawning droids for sims, helping out EMs in events for spawning as well, helping setup new maps (Based on ULX permissions) with perma props, signs and building areas and so on.

Do you understand that as a member of the Staff Team, your position may be subject to change and / or termination should you not be performing to the degree stipulated? Do you also understand that a staff role is one that comes with the expectation of commiting time to helping the users of the server (Up to 20 hours a week)?

Yes

A user is RDMing and insulting other users. You are the only staff available to deal with the situation. What do you do?

I would first use my [Administrate] bind to move to a location where the sit wouldn't be disturbed by people roaming the map. I'd proceed by [!bring(ing)] both the player who is being accused and the player who has reported the said incident. I'd quickly ask the both of them to remain patient whilst I check !logs to confirm the kills, possibly scanning through messages to check the severity of the insults if they weren't through voice chat, and also check if the victim has possibly provoked the player into acting out through killing him first. Then I'd follow by explaining to each player how the sit is going to work, basically some ground rules that, if broken, would complicate things and result in potential punishment in an attempt to have them follow what I'd say closely. I'd explain that I want to hear each persons side one at a time without the other interrupting at all. This would effectively allow me to gather each persons story and see if there are any missing bits of information in each. Once I got what I wanted, I'd punish based on the information I received.

Outcome 1:
If the victim is correct and has caught a minge running around insulting and RDMing others, BUT the accused is regretful and wishes to cease hostile activities, I'd [!warn (accused player name) RDM | Insulting Others] and respectfully verbally warn the accused that if it were to continue, more severe punishment may be on the table. Once he understands I'd [!return (Accused player name)] him and inform the victim to not hesitate to make a second ticket if they saw him acting out again. Once this information has processed I'd [!return (Victim player name)] him as well. Once the sit is over, if there is nothing for me to do I'd remain in [administrate] and hover around the accused player for some time. Once I'm satisfied that he has returned to normal behaviour I'd [!return] and resume normal activities.

Outcome 2:
Simply the same as Outcome 1, but in this case the accused has not acted respectfully throughout the sit, and has acted how I'd like to predict very rudely by insulting myself, the other player and speaking negatively on the server out of frustration. This would simply result in a [!warn (Accused player name) RDM | Insulting Others | Staff Disrespect] and inform the player that he is going to be kicked, and that he can rejoin if he wishes to play respectfully and follow the servers rules. I'd also explain that if he rejoins with the same intentions, it would result in a [24 hour server ban from !menu] as he needs to cool-down. I'd finish off with the [!kick (Accused player name)] and [!return (Victim plater name)] to conclude the sit.

Outcome 3:
In this scenario, the victim is actually revealed to have provoked the accused player through actions like RDM and insults. This outcome will turn out very similarly to the first two, but in this case I'd follow through with the Outcome 1 warn of [!warn (Accused player name) RDM | Insulting Others] and follow up with a [!warn (Victim player name) RDM | Insulting Others] and explain to each person that A. it is not ok to provoke someone through RDM and insulting, then to try and get him in trouble through making a ticket, but B. it is not okay to retaliate through violence, and it would be smarter to make a ticket yourself before doing something you'd regret. When both players understand I'd [!return] each player and similar to Outcome 1 spectate each player for a few minutes ensuring that they do not attempt to do something stupid again.

A user has contested a warn you have given him and proceeds to verbally abuse you, what do you do?

Assuming that I haven't [!return(ed)] him yet, I'd simply explain "I understand your frustration, but my word is final and it is in your best interests to simply return to respecting the server rules once I have returned you. I will not warn you for a second time for staff disrespect since you have warranted once, but I will verbally warn you that if you don't accept these terms I will be forced to.". If the player understands, I'd [!return (Player name)] and ensure that he does not break server rules again by spectating him in [administrate].

However, if the player decides to continue disrespecting me, I'd simply inform him that he'd be receiving a
[!warn (player name) Staff Disrespect] and a [!kick (player name)] as he needs to cool-down. If he decides that he wants to come back on, I'd [administrate] around him to ensure he isn't breaking server rules, and if he decides to continue this same nature I'd simply [ban him for 24 hours] as punishment for not listening to my terms.

A user has threatened to DDos and take down the server. What do you do?

Instantly [!menu ban the player for 0 time, effectively perma banning the player] as you cannot take risks no matter the reputation. Then I'd proceed by informing any Senior Staff+ that I can get my hands on about the experience, and prove the SteamID and player name that I would grab from [!logs] and allow them to handle the situation as it is not for me to handle due to the severity.

A Commander and Lieutenant are arguing in front of debrief. It is getting quite heated. The context to the argument is unknown to you. What do you do?

I would first [administrate] to a private area and [!bring (both player names)] to the area to begin the sit. This is where multiple situations can occur.

Outcome 1:
Both players fall into silence once they see that they have been teleported. I proceed to inform the both of them that what they are doing is irresponsible, as many younger and lower ranking players can easily be influenced by the like of the two officers, and that they'd need to sort it out privately or I'd decide to punish them. This will only act as a verbal warning. When they both understand I would [!return (both player names)] and see if they continue. If they stop I simply resume normal activities. If they decide to continue, I'd [administrate] back to that location, [!bring (both player names)] to the location to then inform them that they will both receive a [2 hour ban] to sort out the issue and cool-down, and that if they decide to come back and continue this activity, or take it to the forums or discord, they'd face more severe consequences. I'd then tell them both that I'll warn them both first for disobeying staff orders and continue with [!warn (both player names) Disobeying Staff Orders] and [!menu ban both players for 2 hours].

Outcome 2:
Both players are brought to the sit like in Outcome 1, but this time they decide to continue arguing. The only thing I'd change is that I'd [!gag (player names)] and [!mute (Player names)] to cease the argument, and continue my actions in Outcome 1.

*Note* I would not inquire about the context to the argument, as it isn't my business and I'm only hear to deal with the situation in an unbiased matter.

A Cadet has been complaining and wandering around because he hasn't been trained yet. He doesn't appear to have any intent to role play. What do you do?

I would first put in OOC chat that a SGT+ is required to train the cadet. If no SGT+ turns up one will be teleported randomly. If none are available at all, I'd proceed to train him myself having been trained in the past. When the instructor situation is dealt with, I'd [administrate] to the cadet room and [!bring (Cadets name)] so that he could be trained. If he continued to run away, I'd [!bring (Cadet name)] him back 2 more times, and on the 2nd time informing him that he must be trained by this Sergeant in order to leave the cadet training room.

Outcome 1:
In any moment if he complies and is trained, I'd [administrate] around him to make sure he doesn't intend to minge.

Outcome 2:
If he continues to disregard server rules and run off, I'd [!menu ban the cadet for 24 hours | NITRP | Come back tomorrow if you would like to play by the server rules] and if he came back the next day and we pickup on the fact that it is the same person, I'd make sure he follows the rules, and if he didn't I'd continue with a [!menu ban (cadet SteamID/name) 0 (permanent ban) NITRP | Please apply on the forums if you wish to give the server another shot] and apologies to the Sergeant for his troubles.

Edited by Richard
Moved from 2IC of Horn to Boulder as MSG
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

The fact no one has written anything on this application is quite weird, overall I really like and enjoy this application, Richard outlines everything required to become a Moderator, he has been an Admin and Moderator so no doubt he is experienced with ULX commands, the outcomes are perfect and this application is great. You've really worked hard on this application and it shows.

+1

• Love 1

Hey mate, your application looks to have a lot of effort, and from the time I have known you, you are a very friendly, supportive guy and I think you'd make a great asset to the team, best of luck.

+1

- Pluto

• Love 1

It's do or die at this point isn't it?

You have always been approachable and a great person in general, which is why I stuck around with you up until now back when you were Lock of Horn Company. Not only that, but you can deal with various different situations due to your expertise that you have developed. When you put your mind to something, you can be heavily dedicated to it, which is an excellent trait. Your application is to an extremely high quality, which is excellent to see as it is evident you really want to show to the community that you are able to be in this position.

Now, many may question your loyalty to the server due to your past, but you were in a commanding position every time you were staff. This time however, you aren't. You won't be burnt out due to the stress of being commander. I believe that you would be great as a member of staff this time around, and you also have me as a bit of help.  +1

Edited by Xao_Acroheart
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Whilst you’ve constructed a good application, my worries lie in past endeavours where you’ve achieved a staff position and left fairly soon after, you’ve never really stuck around as a staff member for a fairly long time. Usually when you get bored of your ingame role, you’ll leave and then soon after leave staff, who’s to say this won’t occur again? There’s multiple people at the moment applying for trial moderator who are stand out applicants, why do you think you you’ll be better given your past track record? 

best of luck

• Like 1

14 hours ago, s8n said:

Whilst you’ve constructed a good application, my worries lie in past endeavours where you’ve achieved a staff position and left fairly soon after, you’ve never really stuck around as a staff member for a fairly long time. Usually when you get bored of your ingame role, you’ll leave and then soon after leave staff, who’s to say this won’t occur again? There’s multiple people at the moment applying for trial moderator who are stand out applicants, why do you think you you’ll be better given your past track record? 

best of luck

I believe I stand out among the other applicants due to a number of reasons.

I was sort of expecting a comment like this to come eventually from a higher up or older member who was once high up in staff, but still I'm a bit unsure on how to properly address the concerns without making it sound like some sloppy excuse that someone would make just because they want staff for the sake of it.

I want to treat this like my last chance. I've had staff twice on Clone Wars nearly 2 years ago, both runs could've easily been one run if I weren't stupid enough to drop it when I was burnt out for the first time instead of taking a temporary LOA, but since then it's been a bit of a hindrance for me in the community in regards to holding any significance in the community.

I've been around for an amount of time now where I want to prove to people that, with the maturity now of someone 2 years older, as well as the personal understanding of mental reasons that would support the idea of me struggling to stick to promises in the server and IRL, and ways I've found on getting around it with a psychologist, I truly believe that, if people trust me with this one final chance, I can show them that I've changed.

Another thing I'd want to address is the TEM chance in the Imperial server I got, that was purely me not being suited for that role, I was super stressed when I had to hold 2 events and had no clue how I'd be able to keep going if I got past my trial, so I dropped it so I could enjoy myself instead of stressing over event after event, a foolish thing to go for considering I may have had a chance at mod at the time.

TL;DR: I just want to ask for one last chance to prove myself in the server, and I really want to take this seriously. The thought of what would happen to me in the community if I were to drop it again puts me off the idea of dropping it for a long period of time, and it would truly suck to become a massive meme in a server I've cared about for so long (Cheesy I know but idk how to word it without making it sound that way)

I'm not going to think negatively on anyone who -1s my app, it is completely understandable, but I hope a few of you reconsider this time around as I believe I can surprise a lot of you this time.

*Note* I haven't read over this as I'm in a rush to do some things right now, so if it's scuffed anywhere that's why...

I didn't really remember who you were. But after being reacquainted with who you were, I think that a person who has applied over 3 times perhaps has run through all of his chances. 

2 hours ago, Richard said:

I've been around for an amount of time now where I want to prove to people that, with the maturity now of someone 2 years older, as well as the personal understanding of mental reasons that would support the idea of me struggling to stick to promises in the server and IRL, and ways I've found on getting around it with a psychologist, I truly believe that, if people trust me with this one final chance, I can show them that I've changed.

As I have indicated in my Moderator application, I know how mental health issues can impact a person's drive and motivation to play the server. But you also haven't explained to us that these things wont be an issue anymore. You haven't indicated to us that what has happened in the past wont happen again.

I believe that right now we have a bunch of individuals applying for moderator who have the potential to do a lot of good. You have been doing pretty well on the server as of late as Horn. But I personally believe you've gone through all of your chances so i'll do a -1

Edited by Humbug
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Humbug said:

But you also haven't explained to us that these things wont be an issue anymore. You haven't indicated to us that what has happened in the past wont happen again.

I intended on having the reply basically imply that these things won't be an issue.

It isn't a serious mental health issue, simply just ADHD, and for someone who only recently found out what it actually is and that I have it, it sort of explains a lot of my actions. I mentioned the psychologist part as I was implying that since then I've found methods that have worked effectively for the last couple of months in schooling and I'd like to say the server as well *Too soon to judge but it's going well so far* that will ensure that this won't be an issue again.

26 minutes ago, Humbug said:

I think that a person who has applied over 3 times perhaps has run through all of his chances. 

I'd also like to say that each application shouldn't be considered a chance if it were never accepted in the first place. I was in the wrong state of mind for a while. Like, when I joined the server I received staff within a month, and admin within 2, Field Commander before 3. It felt like everything was too easy, which made the decision to quit the first time easy, and after getting mod back within a month the 2nd time felt even easier.

It's been a long time since, I've grown, I've got an entirely different way of thinking. 

However, thank you for the feedback.

46 minutes ago, Humbug said:

You have been doing pretty well on the server as of late as Horn CO. 

I think you're confused there Humbug. I am the Horn CO.

• Haha 2

Hello,

You clearly know the staffing role and it's included commands and ideologies... 

In terms of yourself, I cannot recall a previous interaction between you and I.
Unless I am missing something... or a different username/in game name.

I have been told you do use team-speak, although again, our paths do not cross.
My only suggestion if you desperately want my +1 is to jump around channels...
Jumping around the team speak, especially to cross paths with other staff members will only express your keenness to re-join the staff team.|

Neutral for now...
I personally need to see more interaction.

Goodluck,

• Thinking 1

Just now, Xao_Acroheart said:

I think you're confused there Humbug. I am the Horn CO.

Opps, Yeah I meant to say 2ic my bad.

• Haha 1

It appears you have experience with staffing and being in a managerial role on the server in the past. Your app is well written, with a variety of commands and decisions showing your comprehension. I have some concerns with the fact that in your responses to the contested warn and arguing officers is that your decisions are very linear. It is possible that as a mod you can make mistakes, as it is important to treat every contest seriously and appropriately. Try get a third party to listen to them if you don't think you can handle the situation, or if the player is being disrespectful. Maybe work on trying to meet and interact with new people as you may find that people in your own social circle are very different to the large cast of personalities on the server. As staff you must be able to at least work effectively with everyone on the server, no matter if you agree or not. For now I am going to have sit on a Neutral at this point in time.

• Like 1

Alright it seems some of these newer members are just treating it as another random with 30 hours on the server trying to get mod so they can go down in the history books with being a mod on the server. 

I’ve known Richard for what seems like a couple of years, and yes he’s not perfect, no one is. However, I’ve seen him go through being a mod a couple of times and he’s always done a excellent job. While people mention you don’t have a good track record, particularly with regiments you have always admitted your faults and try to do better by everyone. Whilst I was Cody and didn’t want to take a moderator position even after being hassled my many to apply, you stepped up while In 7th and did a great deal of work whilst I was balancing work life and the regiment. If you think you’re ready to make a return, I’m happy to throw my +1 in.

• Confused 1
  • Love 1

I like the layout you've gone with for your app, not many people take into account how any of these situations can quickly change and not have a set ending. And given how you want this to be a chance to redeem yourself for past experiences I'm willing to help give you that chance.  And should you pass into your trials hit me up and I'll do what I can to help you out.

+1

• Love 1

I think you can bump once a week so just gonna bump for a bit of feedback to get a more accurate idea of where I'm at considering the controversial application. Also wouldn't mind feedback on my character if there are areas I could improve on in-game.

Thanks for the feedback so far for those who have responded as well, I really appreciate it.

I can't edit my previous message, and if a mod sees this please delete it.

After seeing you around on the server a bit more, and seeing how you are interacting with the community a bunch since you came back, I thought that you definitely have redeemed yourself in my eyes for your previous times as moderator.

As you have previously stated, this chance is a do or die. But I think you deserve it, so i'll give you a +1  

• Love 1

1+

I believe this man could be a great addition to the staff team, he has the qualities that most staff members have. Good luck!

• Love 1

Hey Richard, this application is well made and shows your ability to be able to staff, however as shown in the past you have left the positions before shortly after getting it so my thing is more that you will stay.  I also personally don't know you very well so I can't say much about your behavior or attitude towards people, I will try to make a effort to talk to you more and get to know ya a bit better as I cant confidently give you are +1 or -1 with out knowing you a bit. 

Overall I am going be Natural for this application until I get to talk and see you in this next week. Good luck m8.

• Like 1

Really good bloke, always see him online in the server and teamspeak. Always respectful and brings hard work and dedication towards not only the server but his regiments. +1

• Love 1

Gonna put this app on hold for a couple weeks as activity will decrease as a result of nearing exams and just getting a job. I ain’t giving up yet tho boys I’ll be back going hard soon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Richard said:

Gonna put this app on hold for a couple weeks as activity will decrease as a result of nearing exams and just getting a job. I ain’t giving up yet tho boys I’ll be back going hard soon.

I'm right with ya matey!!!

• Love 1

On 10/16/2020 at 7:30 PM, Richard said:

No worries at all mate, let us know when your back and wanting to be reconsidered.

• Pog 1

Back from LOA this Friday due to finishing my final SACs of the year, leaving only exams (Let's be honest who goes for anything but a pass for exams) so I'll be happy to have the app open for responses on that day forward.

• Thinking 1
  • Love 1