Clazza - CW: Trial Moderator Application

• Current in-game alias/rank:

Captain Clazza
  • Steam ID:

• Steam Profile Link:

• List your current playtime:

• What is your age? (Minimum of 14 years of age.)

• How well known are you on a scale of 1-10?

• Do you have Teamspeak 3 installed?

Yes
  • Do you enjoy helping other people?

Yes
  • Are you willing to test your stress?

Yes
  • Do you believe you're able to deal with individuals and situations in a completely unbiased manner?

Yes
  • Do you have any problems with any of our current staff members?

No
  • Are you willing to learn new ways to approach situations?

Yes
  • Do you have any active warns?

No
  • How will you becoming a moderator impact our community?

I believe I can affect the community in a positive way as a moderator, a combination of my activity and involvement in the server would allow me to help others in difficult situations and converse with staff to solve difficult situations involving player disputes. Beyond that, I have experience nurturing new players to the server and currently in my position as shiny 2IC would be able to better discipline and help new players get adjusted to the server, increasing player retention and making the game more enjoyable for all players, old and new.
  • Do you understand that as a member of the Staff Team, your position may be subject to change and / or termination should you not be performing to the degree stipulated? Do you also understand that a staff role is one that comes with the expectation of commiting time to helping the users of the server (Up to 20 hours a week)?

Yes
  • A user is RDMing and insulting other users. You are the only staff available to deal with the situation. What do you do?

First off I would assess the situation, if I did not witness this first hand I would check !logs to see that the player has been either damaging or insulting other players in chat. I would then make my way to a location away from the rest of the player base and use !bring (name), then !freeze the player and use !gag if necessary. If a second accusatory party is involved I would !bring them and proceed to listen to both sides of the story. I will request evidence from the accusatory party if applicable.

Based off either my best judgement of the situation at the given time or with hard evidence provided by another player I will make a decision to either !return (player)'s or execute a !warn (player) RDM and insulting other users as well as let the assailant know that further breaking of server rules will result in heavier punishment, likely a 24-hour ban.
  • A user has contested a warn you have given him and proceeds to verbally abuse you, what do you do?

I understand that everyone can be hot-headed for a number of reasons, I would make my way to an area out of range of other players and !bring (player) and attempt to calm the user down and get a better understanding of their point of view. This would look something like "Hey I'm sorry you feel that way mate, what is your issue with the warn I gave you, I don't appreciate being poorly treated and it would help us both resolve this if you settle down."

I would then go ahead and explain the warning that I gave and if the player has settled just leave them with a verbal warning for the abuse depending on the severity and remind them of the strict server rules surrounding staff abuse. If they were to request a higher up I would PM an admin and briefly explain the situation and allow the player to explain their side and await the admin to come to a decision. 

If a resolution cannot be reached with the player I would !gag them and explain that they will be receiving a further warn for staff abuse and refusing to follow rules, executed by !warn (playername) Staff disrespect, I would then let them know further abuse and escalation of the situation will likely result in a temporary ban from the server.
  • A user has threatened to DDos and take down the server. What do you do?

I would quickly assess the player history and their threat to the server, if deemed to be a true threat I would promptly gather evidence likely via a screenshot and execute a ban on the player using !ban (name) 0 threatening DDoS attempts - Ban appeals can be made via the forums. I would then proceed to let a higher ranking staff member know and provide the evidence I gathered.

If the player appears to just be joking/minging I would !bring (user) and let them know that even joking about taking down the server is not taken lightly and that further comments made about the topic will result in a warn.
  • A Commander and Lieutenant are arguing in front of debrief. It is getting quite heated. The context to the argument is unknown to you. What do you do?

First off I would check to make sure the argument is genuine and not an RP scenario. If this is not the case, I would make my way to a secluded part of the map and !bring both players as well as !gag them. I will explain that threatening and arguing around other players will not be tolerated and attempt to defuse the situation while listening to both sides of the story. If a resolution can be reached I will !return (player)'s with a verbal warning and reminder of the server rules if this is not possible however I will proceed to warn one, or both of the players depending on the situation for disobeying staff and player disrespect.
  • A Cadet has been complaining and wandering around because he hasn't been trained yet. He doesn't appear to have any intent to role play. What do you do?

I would make my way to the cadet room and !bring (thecadet) and proceed to explain how the server works, how training as a cadet works and so on. If I can get the cadet to comply I would comms in for a SGT+ to the cadet room and ask the SGT to make a ticket or PM me if the cadet continues to show poor behavior.

If either this happens or the cadet cannot be convinced in the first place to comply with the training I would proceed to !warn (thecadet) NITRP and ignoring staff, if the cadet continues to break the rules I will let them know they are receiving a temporary ban for 24 hours for refusing to listen to staff and non-compliance with server rules and execute this by typing status in console to gather the players steam ID, then access the !gmenu, select ban by steam ID, and set time to 1440 with a message of NITRP, not listening to staff, breaking server rules.
Edited by Clazza
  • +1 9

Although my opinion i biased because clazza is one of the bois but i believe that clazza would make a great mod the reason why i say this is because clazza is one of the most caring individuals i ever known, he has so many fucking contacts and friendships that he would provide a new  much more calm and methodical approach to moderating, the only thing i can critic at the moment is activity but i know you do shit involving work in long spans of time. +1 from me.

As an outsider who doesn't know Clazza too well but only from certain moments and encounters with him, I've gathered that he's very mature and knows how to handle himself in situations involving minges due to being able to effectively handle Shinies. Due to this I see little reason why my vote should be anything but a +1, good luck.

Overall I believe Clazza would be a good fit to the staff team. You have demonstrated your maturity and dedication to the server. I have seen you really taking to heart the responsibility of Shiny 2ic and hope you would do the same for staffing. 

In regards to your application. Your responses are well done, with more or less correct methods of dealing with sits. I would only recommend you to edit a colour coding key into the application to communicate your truly serious about the role and willing to put in the time. Feel free to see previous application for examples of this. 

+1

I havnt played on the server for awhile but when i was CO of 41st Clazza was one of the backbone members.He is mature and just. He understands situations for what tlhey are.

If Clazza gets mod i might even come back to the server.

+1 from me.

Tldr Didnt read the app coz i still think the application system is a joke. But give this man a job 

Edited by Havoxa
  • Like 1

Your regimental position has enabled you to show your stuff both as a valued member of the community and as someone who's able to keep people in line, yet not be an absolute fun sponge. I feel that personally, you deserve the position of Trial Moderator. However:

For our ban system, we utilize an independent system that has its own command. It functions from SteamIDs and bans in minutes (which sucks to google up "How many minutes in 7 days" etc ahahahah), which is often times more reliable than just their names, and the command is !gmenu. I'd like to see you change your answers for banning slightly, and show how you'd go about potentially gathering the players steamID to ban them. 

Seconding, with the warn contesting - I'd like to see how you'd handle it if the user in question refuses to talk to you and instead says that he wishes to talk to a higher up. I feel there are no wrong answers to this scenario.

Anyhow, good luck. I'll be keeping my eye on ya.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Stingel said:

Overall I believe Clazza would be a good fit to the staff team. You have demonstrated your maturity and dedication to the server. I have seen you really taking to heart the responsibility of Shiny 2ic and hope you would do the same for staffing. 

In regards to your application. Your responses are well done, with more or less correct methods of dealing with sits. I would only recommend you to edit a colour coding key into the application to communicate your truly serious about the role and willing to put in the time. Feel free to see previous application for examples of this. 

+1

Ahahaha, I did try to add it in but didnt have any of the text editing tools to use was quite confused... But I appreciate your feedback thanks stingel

1 hour ago, Noc said:

Your regimental position has enabled you to show your stuff both as a valued member of the community and as someone who's able to keep people in line, yet not be an absolute fun sponge. I feel that personally, you deserve the position of Trial Moderator. However:

For our ban system, we utilize an independent system that has its own command. It functions from SteamIDs and bans in minutes (which sucks to google up "How many minutes in 7 days" etc ahahahah), which is often times more reliable than just their names, and the command is !gmenu. I'd like to see you change your answers for banning slightly, and show how you'd go about potentially gathering the players steamID to ban them. 

Seconding, with the warn contesting - I'd like to see how you'd handle it if the user in question refuses to talk to you and instead says that he wishes to talk to a higher up. I feel there are no wrong answers to this scenario.

Anyhow, good luck. I'll be keeping my eye on ya.

Thanks for letting me know Noc, while I have not been an admin on a gmod server before I have been an admin on a few other platforms that utilize commands, I'll make en devours to change these things, really appreciate the help

A good bloke, he has a clear understanding of where appropriate and inappropriate behaviour is drawn and is always a friendly an approachable person. Answers are generally well written and I think he'd make a good t-mod. Best of luck.
+1

• Like 1

+1

Known you for a while now and you have shown yourself to be a respectable, committed member of the community. Seeing you in unassigned I do see you trying to help others and to be honest in short, I do think you would make a good staff member and I would like to see how you would go in the trial phase, best of luck, I think you deserve a chance.

- Pluto

• Like 1

Clazza as a person I have known for quite a while he was in my regiment and talked to him everyday for the past few months. Good application and good person which has the ability to be a moderator

+1

• Like 1

Overall Clazza's application is well done and explains every situations perfectly. He has helped so much throughout his time working with me in shinies as my 2IC and still does hella work with helping others. He would be a great moderator within the team and I highly recommend him +1

• Like 1

Considering all previous comments, I would agree with most.

You have definitely proven yourself within the community... being at high ranks and roles in various regiments.

Only thing I would suggest is keeping a steady activity or increasing it.

Legend 🙂

+1

Edited by Flea
  • Like 1