Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Linguine

New Ship Map

New ship map  

66 members have voted

  1. 1. Acclamator or Venator?

    • Acclamator
      44
    • Venator
      22


Recommended Posts

Hello,

Been thinking it would be cool to get a ship map made that could replace venator_extensive. Would you guys like to see an Acclamator or a Venator?

We're well aware that a lot of people have their issues with ship maps, so please tell us what you would like to see and what you would not like to see in this thread.

  • Like 2
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post

I feel an acclamator whould be better and newer 

Share this post


Link to post

This is unrelated but I feel a muni map would be fun for events so we can board ma muni

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Just a space station we got enough republic based ships. Atleast a space station could be used both ways. 

  • Dumb 2
  • +1 3

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Siff said:

This is unrelated but I feel a muni map would be fun for events so we can board ma muni

Doesn't the newer one, already have a muni?

Share this post


Link to post

An acclamator would be a nice change I think, with a more trooper centric layout since they were troop transports.

What would be the main stand out over getting a venator though?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Whatever it is, please have invis wall boundaries much larger than current venator haha

  • Dumb 1
  • +1 1

Share this post


Link to post

An Acclamator would be a nice change
2 things I would want tho is
1: Medbay is just a shell we can fill ourselves
2: Big skybox

 

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, Aphasic said:

An Acclamator would be a nice change
2 things I would want tho is
1: Medbay is just a shell we can fill ourselves
2: Big skybox

 

wouldn't having nothing in the medbay be bad since you would have to use a lot of props to make it?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

litteral bruh moument

 

On 8/22/2020 at 7:32 PM, Aphasic said:

1: Medbay is just a shell we can fill ourselves

i dont think theres a thing i hate more then people designing shit with props, looks legit ugly

  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Yikes 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Pluto said:

Whatever it is, please have invis wall boundaries much larger than current venator haha

Yes, The amount of times people run into the invis walls because of how small they are.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

i mean as long as the map can’t be physgunned it’s a better map than the coruscant one 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Rambo said:

i mean as long as the map can’t be physgunned it’s a better map than the coruscant one 

solution: don't physgun the map

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, s8n said:

solution: don't physgun the map

cant just give everyone in the world abilities to move the literal landscape, and expect them not to be gods with it

 

like if sheep could sing im sure that'd probably be somethin that could happen

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/22/2020 at 8:14 PM, Aussi said:

wouldn't having nothing in the medbay be bad since you would have to use a lot of props to make it?

I will be the first to say I worded this wrong
What I should have said is if you want to put props in medbay then you should do it fully, +probably talk to someone of 917th when designing it cause we need a fair amount of stuff with our specialisations, and different checkup areas.
The issue we have on a lot of maps is that as medics we have to fit a lot into a small space or a weirdly shaped space
An example is on the venator map there are some consoles that cause issues for us, because we need to space to put medicalbeds and whatnot we have to design the whole thing around 3 mapprop consoles which get in the way and I am very annoyed at xD

If we could get a good medbay that we plan out and know will work that doesnt use any props(except like pods and stuff) that would be great, But I dont expect any mapper to go that far TBH
A ship is a massive project as is I doubt they want to focus too much on a medbay
^
On note of that tho any mappers im willing to learn Hammer editor or something to make a medbay, like I would be down to do that.

On 8/23/2020 at 4:10 AM, Cuffs said:

litteral bruh moument

 

i dont think theres a thing i hate more then people designing shit with props, looks legit ugly

For the comment that prop builds look ugly... IDK what to say to that man
I mean if you could get a mapper to build medbay... go ahead...
Like... come do medical RP in the Jania storage cabnet...

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Aphasic said:

I will be the first to say I worded this wrong
What I should have said is if you want to put props in medbay then you should do it fully, +probably talk to someone of 917th when designing it cause we need a fair amount of stuff with our specialisations, and different checkup areas.
The issue we have on a lot of maps is that as medics we have to fit a lot into a small space or a weirdly shaped space
An example is on the venator map there are some consoles that cause issues for us, because we need to space to put medicalbeds and whatnot we have to design the whole thing around 3 mapprop consoles which get in the way and I am very annoyed at xD

If we could get a good medbay that we plan out and know will work that doesnt use any props(except like pods and stuff) that would be great, But I dont expect any mapper to go that far TBH
A ship is a massive project as is I doubt they want to focus too much on a medbay
^
On note of that tho any mappers im willing to learn Hammer editor or something to make a medbay, like I would be down to do that.

For the comment that prop builds look ugly... IDK what to say to that man
I mean if you could get a mapper to build medbay... go ahead...
Like... come do medical RP in the Jania storage cabnet...

a miss match of props that all have different colors is ugly. if you can draw up a layout that fits medical rp as well as the listed equipment required(Beds, Bacta Tank, Operating equiptment, look at actual surgical rooms for refrence) then i will 3d model, texture and map it myself... but a massive mismatch of swotor props and shit is ugly

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...