Sign in to follow this  
Sloth

Main Server Event Time Slot

Main Server Event Time Slot  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Main Server event remain at the 6:30pm time slot or be changed?

• Yes. I believe the main server event should remain at the 6:30 time slot
    • No. I belive the main server event should be changed to another time slot. E.g. 4:30 or 8:30
    • No. I believe the main server event should be changed to rotate to different time slots throughout the week (Similar to the map rotation)
  2. 2. If you voted for a different set time slot. Which time slot would you prefer?

• 4:30 Time Slot
    • 8:30 Time Slot
    • N/A

So recently have had a few people ask about the potential of changing the time slot for the Main Server event. Which since the event server has come into play has been the 6:30 time slot. So naturally before I do anything, I want to get a good overview/opinion from the community about whether everyone likes how it is or maybe wanting a bit of a change.

As always any extra thoughts, ideas or opinions outside of the options on the poll are more than welcome so yeah. Hope you can take the quick minute to answer the poll

Surely a vote for maybe once or twice a week we have a full server event. We could set up competitions with that or a ctf style event with the higher number of players.

Would be curious to hear the stance from those who wish to have the times changed, for a good chunk of people the current system works but if there's a benefit from changing it I think it'd be valuable to hear the reasoning behind it, a fair amount of people, myself included, are open to change.

2 minutes ago, Flame said:

Surely a vote for maybe once or twice a week we have a full server event. We could set up competitions with that or a ctf style event with the higher number of players.

ngl the server would become extremely framey if this was done, it's certainly possible. If you're insinuating a PVP CTF not sure well it'd work, in my experience PVP haven't ever been successful, with the alternative being players v ECs and a low amount of NPCs to contend with.

• +1 1

I live in WA so the time is 2 hrs ahead of me but I still find it constable for the timing of the events as it seems to be appropriate for most. so I reckon the time is as good as it gone be.

5 minutes ago, Flame said:

This Idea sound interesting and i'm interested in to see other players agree with me. so if we could get a vote for this that would be great

2 minutes ago, Shark said:

ngl the server would become extremely framey if this was done, it's certainly possible. If you're insinuating a PVP CTF not sure well it'd work, in my experience PVP haven't ever been successful, with the alternative being players v ECs and a low amount of NPCs to contend with.

With some work it could be made a fair pvp expirience so everyone would be set to the same hp and given the same weapons so that no 1 person has a higher adventage then another because from my expirence the biggest issue with pvp is the large differnce people have in weapon dps and health, If that inconsistency is removed a pvp style event could possibly work but to make sure i'll try it out in an event soon or someone might beat me to it idk. and to adress the frameyness without spawning in a large number of props or any npc the frames should hopefully stay at a good level.

With some work it could be made a fair pvp expirience so everyone would be set to the same hp and given the same weapons so that no 1 person has a higher adventage then another because from my expirence the biggest issue with pvp is the large differnce people have in weapon dps and health, If that inconsistency is removed a pvp style event could possibly work but to make sure i'll try it out in an event soon or someone might beat me to it idk. and to adress the frameyness without spawning in a large number of props or any npc the frames should hopefully stay at a good level.

you just want to kill people with that OP blaster. 8 )

thats fair, though I'm curious how the death of players would be handled because it'd mean they'd have to be HP'd and given their equipment individually each death. With a full server, seems a bit of a colossal task. PVP events are possible and have been done in the past, though they were done when a different rank and job system was in place, primarily you'd have to figure out the logistics of it. 

Just now, Murky said:

you just want to kill people with that OP blaster. 8 )

Nah, Everyone would get the 15a/15s and 17 pistol or something along those lines

Just now, Shark said:

thats fair, though I'm curious how the death of players would be handled because it'd mean they'd have to be HP'd and given their equipment individually each death. With a full server, seems a bit of a colossal task. PVP events are possible and have been done in the past, though they were done when a different rank and job system was in place, primarily you'd have to figure out the logistics of it. 

That isn't an issue anymore.

3 minutes ago, Flame said:

That isn't an issue anymore.

I am curious how it wouldn't be, unless a player can temporarily given a set HP/Weapon for an entire event every time they die, though I am assuming there is a system in place that allows for such.

• Like 1

Just now, Shark said:

I am curious how it wouldn't be, unless a player can temporarily given a set HP/Weapon for an entire event every time they die, though I am assuming there is a system in place that allows for such.

A certain block fixes the issue of an admin having to do it the only issue is making sure everyone plays fair

• Like 1

The 6:30 is weird, because it seems to be when nearly everyone is available for an event, whilst being the time where nearly everyone has to eat dinner from my experience, don't know how that adds up.

1 hour ago, Flame said:

1 hour ago, Flame said:

A certain block fixes the issue of an admin having to do it the only issue is making sure everyone plays fair

I'm not aware of such a block, but if it does exist and all staff can be made aware of it, I think this style of event would work quite well. We have done a PVP style ctf with like 30+ jedi before as a Jedi Event which was fun but we need to keep in mind we will be dealing with alot more than 30. I quite like the idea that @Shark mentioned about having the players vs a team of ECs accompanied by small level of NPCs. I suggest if we do start these types of events we can use both styles to keep things different. 

• Like 1