Babatunde - CW: Trial Event Master Application

• Do you have Teamspeak 3 installed?

Yes
  • Are you willing to test your stress?

Yes
  • What is your age? (Minimum of 14 years of age.)

• List your current playtime:

250+ on the server and 1500 on Gmod
  • Are you willing to learn new ways to approach situations?

Yes
  • Do you have any active warns?

No
  • Do you have any problems with any of our current staff members?

No
  • Steam ID:

STEAM_0:0:166161183
  • Steam Profile Link:

• Current in-game alias/rank:

SPC Babatunde, Able Crewman Jabatunde
  • How known are you on a scale of 1-10?

• How will you bring new and creative event ideas to the server?:

I believe that I have a creative and fun mindset that will allow myself to come up with creative and fun events for the Gateway community. Whilst also being able to run small things such as operation to make it more enjoyable outside of event times. I also am prepared to create new ideas for the gateway community instead of having the structure that I am sure everyone knows about (Attack and Defense events).
  • Have you participated in many of our Events?:

Too many to count
  • Are you familiar with Gmod's wide range of NPC tools?:

I am fimilar with the range of tools that the Gateway server provides as I was a past EM for the server
  • Name 3 tools that are at an Event Masters disposal within events and leave a small comment detailing each of their uses:

1. Hyperspace tool- This provides an immersive experience for the people within the event to create a audio and visual representation of a ship coming in and out of Hyperspace.
  • 2. Advanced Duplicator- This tool allows EM's to prepare for there events prior to the actual event. This allows them to pay more attention to detail and create more immersive and creative dupes for the players to experience.
  • 3- Turbolaser Tool- This tool provides an accurate representation of how a turbolaser would come down, it is brilliant to use in situations such as muni fire and turret shots. 
  • Are you aware of how much a Gmod server can take or how unstable Gmod truly is?:

Due to my past experince as a junior em, I believe that I have a knowledgeable understanding of how much the server can handle and what to do in the case of the server lagging
  • Do you understand that you are not allowed to abuse your staff rank's powers outside of events? Provide 3 examples detailing different situations that would be considered abuse:

1- Taking tickets- This is not my job and is an abuse of power as I have no knowledge on how to moderate.
  • 2- Physgun Abuse- This is considered abuser as it is using my powers to disable a players movement and control them. This tool could also be used to fling people across the map.
  • 3- Tool, Abuse- As an EM you are able to spawn in things that a normal player doesnt have access to, such as guns, ships and others. Using these thing and giving them to people who shouldnt have them is against the rules and could result in punishment.
  • Do you have any event experience? e.g. played a key character in an event before:

As I have said I was an ex Junior em and am contributing as an ec quite regularly. I also have played some key roles as an event character such as a sith lord or a senator.
  • On a scale of 1-10, how much lore knowledge do you have?

• On a scale of 1-10, how familiar are you with ulx commands?

• Make a comment regarding the recent events on our server and how they have inspired you to become an event master:

During the past events that I have experinced I belive that there has been alot of creative and pretty fancy ideas, This has inspired me to become an event master as I would love to contribute to this an create events for the community to enjoy. I also believe that the events seem to be quite similar so I would like to branch off and create a new style of events that hopefully people would learn to enjoy within time.
  • Do you understand that most events rely mainly on improvisation and mainly nothing goes to plan (ever)?

I do understand that events can go the opposite direction most of the time and will need creative thinking to create the experince fun for the players. As a person that has seen this happen first hand, I believe that an event can go pear shaped in a couple of minutes, this is espeically important for an em as they will need to improvise and create situations for the community to keep the events rolling.
  • How confident are you in providing briefings, debriefings, and in ensuring you're able to direct players throughout your events?

As I have done many briefings before I belive I am quite confident when speaking to a substantial amount of players. I would also consider myself as quite a fluent speaker that would be able to do such things as breifings as I have done many things that would need this talent such as being a Commanding Officer of a regiment that needs alot of regiemtal information and being a past EM.
  • An event doesn't go to plan and General Grievous is crushed by an elevator. Players are laughing at you. What do you do?

I would tell the players that somehow managed to hold the elevator from crushing him and has ventured to a location. I would then bring the EC and keep going with the event. I would also provided some further detail by using !orders to amplify my message.
  • A user is bad mouthing your events. How do you react?

I would first and formost ask the player if I could talk to him about the event. I would pull them aside using my physgun to a private location and ask the person about what the issue is with my current event style and how to improve on it and make it better, I would then take whatever advice they gave me and apologise for any inconvenience brought upon them. I would then improve by using the feedback to make my events more enjoyable for the Gateway Community.
  • You have to go AFK in the middle of an event you are running and there are no backups available. What should you have done to avoid this?

I would ask a moderator to take over if they can. If there is no one to take over I would create an experince where the EC's can take over an rp the event from there
  • Players and a few staff members are complaining about the amount of lag they're dealing with during your event. How do you resolve this?

I would firstly apologise for any problems that people have may of experienced due to my event preparations, I would then solve the problem by locating the area in which the lag is taken place. To which I would either delete or minimise whatever is there, whether it is droids or an extensive prop amount.
    To conclude your app. you are required to create and design your own event. This includes planets, maps and stage actions. Include lots of detail in your event design. You are required to involve PassiveRP elements.

• https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aWRE2JSqa3vAyKBhEM7pIMd1qDCAUiYapRH6vEqUEM8/edit?usp=sharing
Edited by Babatunde
  • Like 1
  • +1 8
  • Love 1

Hi Bab,

Obviously having experience as an EM in the past, we already have an idea of how you would be. From what I remember you held pretty solid events and there is no doubt you know how to run one. Although I support you and would like to see you in the EM team once again, I am going to stay neutral FOR NOW, just due to a couple of reasons. 

1. I think there are some answers you can refine and add more detail such as - the how do you resolve the lag question, the user is bad mouthing one because you would probably want to give them a heads up that you're pulling them aside rather than just doing it, and although you have had lots of event experience, still maybe provide an example of a key event character you have played. I don't think your answers are bad, they are all good but just maybe add a bit more detail and refine some questions, make sure you answer everything the question is asking.

2. So obviously one of the main concerns for some EMs may be how you had a break and are now coming back, although it looks like you are here to stay for a while, especially since you're going for Unassigned CO, I just want to spectate you a bit longer over the next few days to see how you are doing on the server. As we have spoken, there is mingyness within Engineers and I know it can be a lot of fun but if you are going for the Unassigned CO and EM position you will need to hold off a bit to create a solid rep for yourself. That being said I don't think you're that mingy anyway, not from what I've seen, so I am not saying you're mingy, I just want to view you over the next few days or so and see how you are going with your server return.

Overall, you have a solid application here, and with your past EM experience, you will probably make a fantastic EM. I do want you back on the team, I do want you to prove yourself. I am just going to wait a few days and then come back to this application to possibly give a +1. 

Good luck Baba! 

Current Standing: +1

- Pluto

Edited by Pluto
  • Like 1
18 hours ago, Pluto said:

Hi Bab,

Obviously having experience as an EM in the past, we already have an idea of how you would be. From what I remember you held pretty solid events and there is no doubt you know how to run one. Although I support you and would like to see you in the EM team once again, I am going to stay neutral FOR NOW, just due to a couple of reasons. 

1. I think there are some answers you can refine and add more detail such as - the how do you resolve the lag question, the user is bad mouthing one because you would probably want to give them a heads up that you're pulling them aside rather than just doing it, and although you have had lots of event experience, still maybe provide an example of a key event character you have played. I don't think your answers are bad, they are all good but just maybe add a bit more detail and refine some questions, make sure you answer everything the question is asking.

2. So obviously one of the main concerns for some EMs may be how you had a break and are now coming back, although it looks like you are here to stay for a while, especially since you're going for Unassigned CO, I just want to spectate you a bit longer over the next few days to see how you are doing on the server. As we have spoken, there is mingyness within Engineers and I know it can be a lot of fun but if you are going for the Unassigned CO and EM position you will need to hold off a bit to create a solid rep for yourself. That being said I don't think you're that mingy anyway, not from what I've seen, so I am not saying you're mingy, I just want to view you over the next few days or so and see how you are going with your server return.

Overall, you have a solid application here, and with your past EM experience, you will probably make a fantastic EM. I do want you back on the team, I do want you to prove yourself. I am just going to wait a few days and then come back to this application to possibly give a +1. 

Good luck Baba! 

Current Standing: NEUTRAL

- Pluto

Thnakyou for taking the time to read over my application pluto, I have taken in your feedback and have fixed up everything you have told me to

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Babatunde said:

Thnakyou for taking the time to read over my application pluto, I have taken in your feedback and have fixed up everything you have told me to

Ah, you still need to fix some of the answers I mentioned : / Please do : ) 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Pluto said:

Ah, you still need to fix some of the answers I mentioned : / Please do : ) 

Extremely sorry man, thoguht I had fixed it up but the edit didnt go through, anyways I re did it and all should be good

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Babatunde said:

Extremely sorry man, thoguht I had fixed it up but the edit didnt go through, anyways I re did it and all should be good

Lit, will check now.

• Like 1

Yep so I have read over it, although I think still some refining could be done I don't think it is such a big thing from stopping me from giving you a +1.

So for now I will change to a +1, I think you deserve another chance as an EM, good luck : ) 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, s8n said:

My only concern is that last time you were an EM you transferred to Moderator shortly after, what's going to stop you from wanting to do that again? 

I understand that many people would also think of this, the reasoning for my short lived experience is that alot of irl shit had popped up not allowing me to have the time properly be a EM, I do regret leaving the team and I have alot of time now to create interesting events.

Gonna give this a formal +1, the man has done it before and he can certainly do it again. His event is solid, and by already having past experience he'll have no trouble settling into a role he has already done.  You've become quite active on the server again, and it seems that your leave was done on extenuated circumstances. Now that he has the time to play the server, I see no reason why he wouldn't be able to be an EM.

+1

• Like 1

+1 you have been in the staff team before and and have experience. Recently you stepped into the role of unassigned CO, this role allows you to help and interact with new players in a positive way. I believe you would be a great help to players by giving them new event experiences.

Good luck 🙂

• Like 1

detailed app, knows how to do this job already  so +1 

the events i have seen from you have been good so theres no doubt about quality there.

although you better not pull another sneaky switch like s8n said , you hecker

Edited by Tyrell
  • Like 1
On 8/3/2020 at 7:36 PM, Raccoon said:

+1 you have been in the staff team before and and have experience. Recently you stepped into the role of unassigned CO, this role allows you to help and interact with new players in a positive way. I believe you would be a great help to players by giving them new event experiences.

Good luck 🙂

22 hours ago, Tyrell said:

detailed app, knows how to do this job already  so +1 

the events i have seen from you have been good so theres no doubt about quality there.

although you better not pull another sneaky switch like s8n said , you hecker

Thankyou both for the feedback 👍

• Love 1

You are a good lad on the server and although I don't have experience with your previous time in the EM team, I do believe you would work well in the team from my experience with you as part of 187th.

My only fear is your availability of time. You have recently stepped into the role of Unassigned CO, which is a server wide important role. You are also planning on going for 187th beta arc, starting this Sunday. Will you be able to keep up with your current commitments as well as the large amount of time required for being EM? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Stingel said:

You are a good lad on the server and although I don't have experience with your previous time in the EM team, I do believe you would work well in the team from my experience with you as part of 187th.

My only fear is your availability of time. You have recently stepped into the role of Unassigned CO, which is a server wide important role. You are also planning on going for 187th beta arc, starting this Sunday. Will you be able to keep up with your current commitments as well as the large amount of time required for being EM? 

Thankyou for the feedback Stingel, as you know I have stepped into multiple roles within the server and that is to show my full commitment to gateway and to display that I am here to stay. As for time management I believe I am capable of managing each role

26 minutes ago, Babatunde said:

Thankyou for the feedback Stingel, as you know I have stepped into multiple roles within the server and that is to show my full commitment to gateway and to display that I am here to stay. As for time management I believe I am capable of managing each role

Good to see you've thought of this factor, I hope to see you as an EM soon and putting these time management skills into action.

+1

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Sloth locked this topic
  • 4 months later...