Jump to content
Siff

Siff - CW: Trial Moderator Application

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
  • Current in-game alias/rank:


    General Keelyvine Reus and 'Ronin' of 104th 
  • Steam ID:


    STEAM_0:1:117185193
  • Steam Profile Link:

     
  • List your current playtime:


    391
  • What is your age? (Minimum of 14 years of age.)


    15
  • How well known are you on a scale of 1-10?


    7
  • Do you have Teamspeak 3 installed?


    Yes
  • Do you enjoy helping other people?


    Yes
  • Are you willing to test your stress?


    Yes
  • Do you believe you're able to deal with individuals and situations in a completely unbiased manner?


    Yes
  • Do you have any problems with any of our current staff members?


    No
  • Are you willing to learn new ways to approach situations?


    Yes
  • Do you have any active warns?


    No
  • How will you becoming a moderator impact our community?


    I will use new knowledge and pre-existing knowledge to make sure all current and future members are having fun without going to overboard and feel welcome to the server. Also, help reduce the influx of players that join just to minge and break rules and get away with it for a bit. Also I find myself to be quite active so I can take some of the work off other mods hands and let them rest for 2 minutes. And last but not least I believe I am approachable with anything and work problems out with some players that have problems with staff ability or another players. And one final note this won't effect the community as much as me but also give me the ability to showcase myself in a professional light and understand my role within the community and get a bigger picture. I haven't been apart of the community for as long as other people but I do believe I still have enough experience to understand my role and have the maturity to understand my failures and grow from them.
  • Do you understand that as a member of the Staff Team, your position may be subject to change and / or termination should you not be performing to the degree stipulated?


    Yes of course
  • A user is RDMing and insulting other users. You are the only staff available to deal with the situation. What do you do?


    First I will check !logs to see who they RDMed and if they RDMed multiple people, then go to a secluded location using !administrate ^ and use !bring <name> then ask them "Why were you RDMing and disrespecting players as this is against server rules.” Depending on their response I would most-likely warn them but if they are cooperating, see if they has any active warnings for similar reasons and warn them for RDM then do !return <name>.
    If I get another report of them doing the same thing I will do !logs to double-check if it was actually them RDMing and if it was, I will do !bring <name> and say “I have been told you have not followed my instructions which were to not disrespect players and RDM but you have done it again so I will be giving you a warning.” Depending on what they says I will give them a warning for RDM and player disrespect. But if there was a valid reason for the kill in logs I will then go look into it and find if someone was doing a PvP or a mini-event to see if they accidentally team-killed.
  • A user has contested a warn you have given him and proceeds to verbally abuse you, what do you do?


    Do !administrate ^ and go to a secluded location and do !bring <name> and tell them “Staff disrespect is a warn-able offence and if you continue to disrespect any staff member I will follow this up and warn you. I have given you this warn for a reason and if you believe it was unfair then do it properly and don't go around disrespecting any staff when they warn you if you believe it is unjust." Then do !return <name> and only give them a verbal warning. If they continues to disrespect any staff member then I will do !administrate ^ and go to a secluded location and tell them “I have given you a verbal warning for staff disrespect and told you to stop but as it seems you have not stopped so I will be warning you for staff disrespect.” then do !warn <name> Staff disrespect and do !return <name>
  • A user has threatened to DDoS and take down the server. What do you do?


    I would go to a secluded location and do !bring <name> and tell them "DDoS attacks are not taken lightly and can and will result in a ban." Then if they were joking and they are sincerely sorry about it I will warn them and tell him "If you say anything like this ever again it will result in a permanent ban." And then do !return <name>. If they threaten to DDoS the server once more I will ban them for as long as I can then hand the matter off to higher staff as I cannot perm ban.
  • A Commander and Lieutenant are arguing in front of debrief. It is getting quite heated. The context to the argument is unknown to you. What do you do?


    I will do !administrate ^ and go out of the debrief and then !bring <name-1> and ask them what the problem is and what the argument is about and try to understand the situation and calm them down. Then I will !return <name-1> then !bring <name-2> and get their side of the situation. Then once I have heard both their sides of the story do !bring <name-1> and tell them "This a private matter so don't be arguing like that ever again as you are not only wasting the EM's debrief but also all the player wanting to hear the debrief so for that I will be giving both of you just a verbal warning today as arguing isn't a warn-able offence but I would recommend you guys hop off the server and calm down then talk about this in a discord or TS channel and come to an agreement as you are two high ranking members in your regiment and if your troopers saw that and now they may want to leave as you two were acting like children." Then !return <name-1>, !return <name-2>.
  • A Cadet has been complaining and wandering around because he hasn't been trained yet. He doesn't appear to have any intent to role play. What do you do?


    First do !administrate ^ to see what they are doing and then go to the cadet room and do !bring <name> then in comms say need an SGT+ to cadet room to train a cadet. If no SGT comes I would either train him myself if I am a SGT+ or if I have to do something else I would say in comms I will randomly TP a SGT to train him. If I get a report that the cadet has NITRP I will then do !administrate ^ and go to a secluded location and then do !bring <name> and ask them "I have heard that you are walking around saying stuff and generally having no intent to role-play on this server so why have you joined in the first place?" Depending on their answer either do !return <name> or do !warn <name> NITRP Then if they do it again do !ban <name> NITRP 3 days.
Edited by Siff
  • Like 1
  • +1 1

Share this post


Link to post

(unbiased opinion still lmao) I have known you for a rather long time and your responses show that you do know how to respond properly to situations, from your previous status as Junior EM we also know that you most likely also know ur ULX commands +1

Share this post


Link to post

Known you for a while now you capable for moderator just like you showed as a EM and your also very approachable so ill be giving you a +1

Share this post


Link to post

Ex Staff, Siff is someone I am just starting to know but he seems to have a good understanding with ULX Commands, Siff is a person who is easy to talk to and he will listen to what you have to say which in my opinion is the skills that a moderator needs so I gave his app a +1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

+1 

Used to be a staff member and seems to be quite knowledgeable with ULX
yes yes yes
 

Edited by Emerald
things
  • Dumb 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/12/2020 at 3:44 PM, Aaray (Voltii) said:

(unbiased opinion still lmao) I have known you for a rather long time and your responses show that you do know how to respond properly to situations, from your previous status as Junior EM we also know that you most likely also know ur ULX commands +1

 

On 7/12/2020 at 4:29 PM, Pyro said:

Known you for a while now you capable for moderator just like you showed as a EM and your also very approachable so ill be giving you a +1

 

19 hours ago, Gecko said:

Ex Staff, Siff is someone I am just starting to know but he seems to have a good understanding with ULX Commands, Siff is a person who is easy to talk to and he will listen to what you have to say which in my opinion is the skills that a moderator needs so I gave his app a +1

Thank you all for taking to time to share your opinions and what you believe 🙂 I truly am thankful for you all sharing your opinion. Sorry I put you 3 all together but I hope you all know I have read each of your responses and once again thank you for the +1's

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Emerald said:

+1 

yes yes yes

Thanks for the +1 but instead of just saying yes yes yes tell the community why you think I should or shouldn't get Trial Moderator

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/13/2020 at 7:16 PM, Siff said:

Thanks for the +1 but instead of just saying yes yes yes tell the community why you think I should or shouldn't get Trial Moderator

yes yes yes

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Aaray (Voltii) said:

yes yes yes

yes yes yes

Share this post


Link to post

Starting with feedback for your application itself:
Overall a good application, you kept to the point but also supplied detail, however a few improvements could be made within your situations.
- For situation 1 (RDM case), you need to be slightly more stricter, you should not just be letting them off the hook with a verbal, if they have RDM'd then it is a warn. 
- For situation 2 (staff disrespect), you have completely ignored the user's contestant against your warn. You need to address this. I recommend using past applications as a point of reference for this, as well as speaking to current staff about ways of managing the situation. 
- For Situation 4 (high ranks arguing), I would recommend instead of basically telling them to shut up and take the argument into ts or discord, try your best in assisting in calming the situation down and coming to a resolution. Simply telling them to move platform for the argument will continue the tension within the community.
- For Situation 5 (cadet), I recommend also speaking with the cadet after bringing them back to the cadet room, explaining that they need to be trained before they can leave and begin playing on the server. As well, here's a question for you: If no SGT is stepping up to train the cadet, what do you do?

Moving on to your personality and such:
I've known you for awhile now, both through your time as a SGT in 187th, and outside of the regiment. You've always been a very approachable guy, and I trust you will listen to all parties fully without bias. 
1 more question for you, You only recently left your role as Junior EM after only a short time on the team, what's the change of heart that your wanting to become a tmod? And will you stay for longer than a few weeks? 

Overall +1,  feel free to ask my any questions, I'm often on ts, otherwise I'm always contactable on discord.
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Stingel said:

Starting with feedback for your application itself:
Overall a good application, you kept to the point but also supplied detail, however a few improvements could be made within your situations.
- For situation 1 (RDM case), you need to be slightly more stricter, you should not just be letting them off the hook with a verbal, if they have RDM'd then it is a warn. 
- For situation 2 (staff disrespect), you have completely ignored the user's contestant against your warn. You need to address this. I recommend using past applications as a point of reference for this, as well as speaking to current staff about ways of managing the situation. 
- For Situation 4 (high ranks arguing), I would recommend instead of basically telling them to shut up and take the argument into ts or discord, try your best in assisting in calming the situation down and coming to a resolution. Simply telling them to move platform for the argument will continue the tension within the community.
- For Situation 5 (cadet), I recommend also speaking with the cadet after bringing them back to the cadet room, explaining that they need to be trained before they can leave and begin playing on the server. As well, here's a question for you: If no SGT is stepping up to train the cadet, what do you do?

Moving on to your personality and such:
I've known you for awhile now, both through your time as a SGT in 187th, and outside of the regiment. You've always been a very approachable guy, and I trust you will listen to all parties fully without bias. 
1 more question for you, You only recently left your role as Junior EM after only a short time on the team, what's the change of heart that your wanting to become a tmod? And will you stay for longer than a few weeks? 

Overall +1,  feel free to ask my any questions, I'm often on ts, otherwise I'm always contactable on discord.
 

Thank you for the feedback and I will go and improve my situations with your criticism in mind 🙂. Thank you for taking the time to read my application and to answer your question I left Junior EM because I went for that staff position when I was slowly getting burnt out and by the time I got it I was on the verge of leaving the server and also I had fun being staff and helping people but I am not the most creative person in the world so I felt I was making lacklustre events and removed myself for someone better to come in. And if you know me irl I am not the most organised person in the world and I am very good at procrastinating so I wouldn't plan out events properly and do half-assed events. Hopefully this answers your question, but if you need any clarification you can poke me in TS and I would be more than happy to talk.

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Siff said:

Thank you for the feedback and I will go and improve my situations with your criticism in mind 🙂. Thank you for taking the time to read my application and to answer your question I left Junior EM because I went for that staff position when I was slowly getting burnt out and by the time I got it I was on the verge of leaving the server and also I had fun being staff and helping people but I am not the most creative person in the world so I felt I was making lacklustre events and removed myself for someone better to come in. And if you know me irl I am not the most organised person in the world and I am very good at procrastinating so I wouldn't plan out events properly and do half-assed events. Hopefully this answers your question, but if you need any clarification you can poke me in TS and I would be more than happy to talk.

That's the kind of answer I was looking for. 🙂
I totally understand what you mean, it's different requirements for EM compared to Moderator as you have identified and I think you'll be a good match for the job. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

You have a good understanding of the rules and show some great examples of the commands. Talked to you a few times and you seem to be pretty chill so +1

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Trustworthy staff member, left on a good note, was a good staff member. +1 from me, nothing really much to say.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
On 7/22/2020 at 5:01 PM, ItsGary said:

You have a good understanding of the rules and show some great examples of the commands. Talked to you a few times and you seem to be pretty chill so +1

Thank you for the relay, short but I appreciated you taking the time to read my application as you haven't replied to many others. 

 

On 7/22/2020 at 7:28 PM, Khai said:

Trustworthy staff member, left on a good note, was a good staff member. +1 from me, nothing really much to say.

I am not sure to be happy or sadden to have a short answer from you since you seem to like writing a paragraph for applications but still I very much appreciate the +1, thank you.

Edited by Siff
  • Like 1
  • Shocker 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
On 7/22/2020 at 7:50 PM, Siff said:

I am not sure to be happy or sadden to have a short answer from you since you seem to like writing a paragraph for applications but still I very much appreciate the +1, thank you.

Haha, don't stress. I would feel a bit happy, to be honest. Your application is really well done, I don't like writing a lot of words when your application is well written, and you are a great person, and a great part of our community.

Edited by Khai
Fixing up the quote area
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

A really good guy who is back and active in the community, your application is detailed and demonstrates a good grasp on commands and the correct response to situations. +1

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Active, Interacts with the community, Helpful and a nice guy. Would make a Good Staff member. Well structured application and has been a staff member before.

 

+1
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Known Siff for a while, great guy, respectful, and I know he is always wanting to do something more for the community, my only worry is you left EM quite quickly after joining but I understand you needed a break as many do and I do think you deserve a chance as a trial mod and to at least see what you are able to do, good luck siff.. +1

- Pluto

Edited by Pluto
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Pab said:

Active, Interacts with the community, Helpful and a nice guy. Would make a Good Staff member. Well structured application and has been a staff member before.

 

+1
 

Thanks Pab for the +1, known you for a while and it delights me to see you take the time to +1 🙂

8 minutes ago, Pluto said:

Known Siff for a while, great guy, respectful, and I know he is always wanting to do something more for the community, my only worry is you left EM quite quickly after joining but I understand you needed a break as many do and I do think you deserve a chance as a trial mod and to at least see what you are able to do, good luck siff.. +1

- Pluto

Thanks Pluto, known you since I got TEM and you have been a great role model for a amazing staff and the +1 is greatly appreciated 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/31/2020 at 6:32 PM, Fluxy said:

A really good guy who is back and active in the community, your application is detailed and demonstrates a good grasp on commands and the correct response to situations. +1

Sorry for the late response but you are a amazing person so the +1 from you I really care about as you aren't just a great staff but also a great role model for everyone to aspire to be like. Thanks Fluxy

  • Quality Post 2

Share this post


Link to post

+1 Great guy knows the rules really well and enforces them to the best of his ability. He is very approachable and knowledgeable. Good Luck 😃

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Hey Siff,

In regards to yourself and from past experiences, I can tell you are always keen to help out those in need whether server, personal or roleplay related. You involve yourself in the server and never have a negative attitude.

In regards to your application, you clearly know your stuff and have input a large divvy of effort.

Only thing I will suggest is to increase amount of detail and word count in regards to the following question/s.

Quote

How will you becoming a moderator impact our community?

Can't hurt to add a bit more here.
Keep your activity and attitudes above average too.

Good luck! 

Edited by Flea

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Flea said:

Hey Siff,

In regards to yourself and from past experiences, I can tell you are always keen to help out those in need whether server, personal or roleplay related. You involve yourself in the server and never have a negative attitude.

In regards to your application, you clearly know your stuff and have input a large divvy of effort.

Only thing I will suggest is to increase amount of detail and word count in regards to the following question/s.

Can't hurt to add a bit more here.
Keep your activity and attitudes above average too.

Good luck! 

Thank you for the feedback and I will be making that section more in depth as soon as I can. Thank you Flea

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...