Sign in to follow this  
Budds

Return of the Gateway Minecraft server

Hello everyone.

Over the past week or so, myself and a few other community members (namely @Aussi, @Rhinous and @s8n) have been reworking the old minecraft server for a return following the 1.16 update.

As stated, the server currently runs the latest branch of Minecraft and runs a handful of helpful plugins, whilst remaining a rather vanilla experience. I thought the recent Nether update would provide an interesting new aspect for those that have never really touched minecraft as well as those who have played the previous versions a hundred times over. It was hoped that this "hobby" server would provide an enjoyable and less intensive way of interacting with the fellow Gateway members in your spare time.

Some plugins selected to enhance the experience includes:

• MC-MMO, A large scale character progression system which rewards you for your chosen playstyles and encourages you to try some aspects you may have never focussed on, as well as teaming with some of your friends.
  • Grief Prevention, a must have to keep your possessions and builds safe. You gain extra claim blocks for extended playtime on the server, allowing you to expand.
  • DynMap, a live updating online map that tracks the actions and building of the players on the server. It can be viewed right now by visiting the link further down*
    • There are some controls on the right side of the page allowing you to view player locations and change from isographic view to a 3d view.

The server address should be the same as the previous Gateway MInecraft server, for those that no longer have it, see below:

SERVER ADDRESS: 45.121.211.150:25565

ONLINE DYNMAP: http://45.121.211.150:4568/

Please keep in mind that this is a side project, so if any serious issues arise please contact me. 🐒

4775d98ffd5456be942bca5ae82b0f3e.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Pog 2
  • ShaqWut 1
  • UMonkie 1
  • PhilChamp 1
  • Poggers 1
  • Centuraaaay 1

Posted (edited)
  • /rtp should be fixed for those that were unable to last night
  • Server may be pretty laggy for a good portion of this morning, prefilling all chunks to minimise lag later.
Edited by Budds
  • Like 2

I feel like it runs off a Casio Scientific Calcultaor fx-82AU PLUS II because the LG Neochef is much better, but overall cant wait to begin grinding it.

5 hours ago, Budds said:
  • Server may be pretty laggy for a good portion of this morning, prefilling all chunks to minimise lag later.

Please read this before crying about lag

• Haha 2
  • Centuraaaay 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Budds said:

Please read this before crying about lag

Me no like laggy server Budds wth!

Edited by Brother Rein

CaN wE hAvE mInEcRaFt sTaFf

OoooOooooo

This might just drag me back in. 😔

Now I feel inclined to play, I mean, I already am using a Boulder CO Minecraft Skin I made (I'd change it but I'm too proud of how it turned out)

Boulder CO.png

Hello everyone,

For those who have yet to check out our Minecraft SMP server, here are some small updates! The server is often always populated, and various large settlements and/or monuments are starting to be seen in the world. If you haven't already, come join in on the fun! MCMMO, Claimed Lands and Regions, Factions, Currency & more! 

Mqzv0SZ.jpg

6hvLMSI.jpg

NTmsKWx.jpg

LCjKhmK.jpg

Jpry52J.jpg

rQPrDPX.jpg

• Pog 1
  • MaceWatching 1

15 hours ago, Spirit said:

Hello everyone,

For those who have yet to check out our Minecraft SMP server, here are some small updates! The server is often always populated, and various large settlements and/or monuments are starting to be seen in the world. If you haven't already, come join in on the fun! MCMMO, Claimed Lands and Regions, Factions, Currency & more! 

Mqzv0SZ.jpg

6hvLMSI.jpg

NTmsKWx.jpg

LCjKhmK.jpg

Jpry52J.jpg

rQPrDPX.jpg

Thank god you didn't dox my island Spirit

50 minutes ago, Aussi said:

Thank god you didn't dox my island Spirit

All goods. I forgot where you were.

I am playing very good. 
Please get /back so I can telle more easy