Beowulf

Beowulf - CW: Trial Moderator Application

• Do you have Teamspeak 3 installed?

Yes
  • Do you enjoy helping other people?

Yes
  • Are you willing to test your stress?

Yes
  • What is your age? (Minimum of 14 years of age.)

• List your current playtime:

• Are you willing to learn new ways to approach situations?

Yes
  • Do you have any active warns?

nope
  • Do you have any problems with any of our current staff members?

No
  • Steam ID:

• Steam Profile Link:

• Current in-game alias/rank:

'Cannibal'
  • How well known are you on a scale of 1-10?

• How will you becoming a moderator impact our community?

i believe i can help out with any issues and deal with an problems that come up, i know in past times i could be called a minge but i have been improving/fixing my behaviour, i believe i can be a competent and responsible member of the GG staff team.
  • Do you believe you're able to deal with individuals and situations in a completely unbiased manner?

Yes
  • Do you use our Teamspeak server often?

Yes
  • Do you understand that as a member of the Staff Team, your position may be subject to change and / or termination should you not be performing to the degree stipulated?

yes and im sure i'd understand.
  • A user is RDMing and insulting other users. You are the only staff available to deal with the situation. What do you do?

if i am to see it or a ticket is called i would respond with taking the individual to the side and talk to them about and give them a warning for RDM and Player Disrespect
  • A user has contested a warn you have given him and proceeds to verbally abuse you, what do you do?

respond calmly and give them a ban for Refusing to Listen to Staff, Player Disrespect and whatever the warning that was given was
  • A user has threatened to DDos and take down the server. What do you do?

take them to the side and explain to them what would be the consequence of said threat and give them a ban
  • A Commander and Lieutenant are arguing in front of debrief. It is getting quite heated. The context to the argument is unknown to you. What do you do?

take them both aside and talk to them both and figure out what the problem is and try to solve it and explain that they shouldn't interrupt DB with arguments and leave it till after DB is finished
  • A Cadet has been complaining and wandering around because he hasn't been trained yet. He doesn't appear to have any intent to role play. What do you do?

take them to the side and talk to them and let them know if they have no intent to RP they will be warned and if they continue, warn them for NITRP
  • -1 1

-1 Really short answers needs to be more longer and colour the commands 

Unfortunately Cannibal, this application is wayyy to short. I suggest having a rethink of some questions, and see how you can bulk them out. Try to show commands, dialog, and other staffing related phrases. Doing this shows us what you know, and what you can improve on. Also have a read over some other applications and cross reference and just look at the difference in bulk and information.

2 hours ago, Pyro said:

-1 Really short answers needs to be more longer and colour the commands 

49 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Pssst, you’re not ready to be staff.

1 minute ago, Cappa said:

Unfortunately Cannibal, this application is wayyy to short. I suggest having a rethink of some questions, and see how you can bulk them out. Try to show commands, dialog, and other staffing related phrases. Doing this shows us what you know, and what you can improve on. Also have a read over some other applications and cross reference and just look at the difference in bulk and information.

I personally think this may a bit of a side effect from the change in how applications are done now, seeming its done in a similar fashion to that of a google form. With how it is now the way the questions are presented don't exactly tend to say to go fully in-depth like how applications were done previously, from what I have seen on the applications it doesn't allow the applicant to edit the font colours or formatting when filling out the form. The new system is still a work in progress and still needs some work imo, I personally wouldn't directly just discredit the applicant without offering advice on how and what to improve on. If you looked at Xynceive's original application that was also a victim of the new form.

That being said, Mr Beowulf I've never met you on the server so I can't really speak about you on the personal level I'm sure you're  a good fella :~)
As for the applications responses it does lack in a lot areas, I strongly recommend looking at other applications from previous applicants and doing your homework on how they have presented their applications and have responded in specific areas. It's already stated by others, the answers are really short, I think you should make use of the grand edit button and make this application into a beauty, as I think the new application system did you somewhat dirty when applying. :~)

Goodluck on your application regardless.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey @Beowulf,

Your application does not look very polished. You have numerous spelling and punctuation mistakes, for instance, there are multiple I's that are not capitalised, you have not properly used capitalisation for any answer, etcetera.

For those who have replied, or are thinking of replying, you cannot really colour code your answers, with the current formatting.  However, that shouldn't stop you from showing use of commands. In your application, I see no use of commands. It is through your answers that I cannot really see if you have any knowledge of ULX or the current administrative system. You can ask a staff member for some guidance regarding any commands that you may need to know about, or ask for any staff member to link you a page of commands.

Your answers to all of the questions are really short. They do not show much knowledge or understanding of how to deal with any of the situations, nor your reasoning's behind your actions.

!logs are a wonderful tool that can help you find facts, it can help you find out whether RDM is taking place, people are messaging eachother mean things, etcetera.

You are not really active in TS, you hang out in Discord, but I rarely see you in TS and engaging with the community. You do need to get to know the staff team and the community before becoming staff, or at least make an effort too. I would love to see some activity in TS.

For the above reasons, this will be a -1 on your application. Should any of the points listed above be changed, or my thinking changed, I am happy to change my vote. 

Good luck on your application, try and take any and all feedback on board.

Posted (edited)

Seconding the other responses here at the risk of echoing them, I don't believe you're ready for this.  Read over accepted moderator applications, truly read over them - and realize that compared to them, this application being lackluster is an understatement.

I don't say this often, but I suggest a complete rehaul of your application and put some honest effort into this - at the very least a heavy edit of each of your answers to flesh out, alter, and expand on your answers and your scenarios. We need to see you want this for you to be considered.

I am often in Teamspeak so if you ever think you need someone to push you in the right direction of becoming staff, I'll be a poke away. 

Edited by Noc