Xynceive - CW: Trial Moderator Application

Posted (edited)
  • Do you have Teamspeak 3 installed?
    Yes

• Do you enjoy helping other people?
    Yes

• Are you willing to test your stress?
    Yes

• What is your age? (Minimum of 14 years of age.)

• List your current playtime:

• Are you willing to learn new ways to approach situations?
    Yes

• Do you have any active warns?
    No warns, ever

• Do you have any problems with any of our current staff members?
    No

• Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:91764785

• Steam Profile Link:
  • Current in-game alias/rank:
    PFC 9962 Xyon / SNRC 3483 / Padawan Xyn Rocyon

• How known are you on a scale of 1-10?

• How will you becoming a moderator impact our community?
    I would take every ticket I can get my hands on, and solving them to the best of my abilities. This will happen for the whole duration I'm on for

• Do you believe you're able to deal with individuals and situations in a completely unbiased manner?
    Yes

• Do you use our Teamspeak server often?
    Yes

• Do you understand that as a member of the Staff Team, your position may be subject to change and / or termination should you not be performing to the degree stipulated?
    I do

• A user is RDMing and insulting other users. You are the only staff available to deal with the situation. What do you do?
    I'd first check !logs for the necessary information, whether if the mentioned player was indeed RDMing. Then I'd !administrate and !bring <name> the player in question to a secluded location on the current map to have a chat with him. If he shoots me, I would !freeze <name> him. Of course I would bring/ !goto <Name> the victim(s) to  location to get their side of the story. If the User was deemed to be RDMing/Staff Disrespect, I would explain his offences and issue a !warn <Name> <Reason(s)> to the player in question. If the User was MassRDMing, I'd explain his offences again and issue a 3 Day ban !ban <Name> 3d <Reason(s)>.

• A user has contested a warn you have given him and proceeds to verbally abuse you, what do you do?
    I'd !administrate and !bring <name> said user to a secluded location and ask if he would stop the abuse towards me and have a chat. If he continues with the abuse after my verbal warning, I'd !warn <Name> Staff Disrespect. If he stops the abuse and wants to contest about the warn, I'd ask for a senior staff member for assistance with @ <Message> to mediate the matter.

• A user has threatened to DDos and take down the server. What do you do?
    I'd !administrate and !bring <Name> to a secluded location, !freeze <name> him and use @ <Message> to let all staff know about the threat, with hope that the Godfathers [High Ups] will assist in the matter. Assuming I'm the only staff on, it'll be the same procedure, but instead I'd try to get one of the Godfathers ASAP on the Staff Discord (Assuming there is one) and try to talk to him and hold him off until the Senior Staff arrives. In the end, it'll be a !ban <Name> DDoS Threat no matter what the context behind it was.

• A Commander and Lieutenant are arguing in front of debrief. It is getting quite heated. The context to the argument is unknown to you. What do you do?
    I'd !administrate and !bring <Name> both of them to a secluded place, and have a conversation with them. First off, I'd tell them that they should not be arguing at where they were and it should be done somewhere more private like TS or Discord, and that two Officers arguing wouldn't reflect well on their regiment or the server. I'd try to mediate between the two of them and try to dissolve the tension building up. If they continue to argue with each other, and it being much more heated, I will have to issue a !ban <name> 1d Continuous Player Abuse to them

• A Cadet has been complaining and wandering around because he hasn't been trained yet. He doesn't appear to have any intent to role play. What do you do?
    Firstly, I'd !administrate and !bring <name> back to cadet room/another secluded location and talk to him, try to get him back into a RP mood. If he complies, I'd !bring <name> him back into the cadet room and use /comms chat to get a SGT+ to train him and if there's no one available or willing, I'd personally do it myself IF I have a SGT+ slot. If the cadet ignores my verbal warning and continues to wander around even after I've placed him back at the cadet room, I'd have to !warn <name> Out of Cadet room, No Intent to RP him. If he decides to RDM, it would be a !ban <name> 1d No Intent to RP, RDM instead.
Edited by Xynceive
Realised that this can be edited and updated the situations with Commands
  • Thinking 1

P.S. 273 hours is a total of how much I've played now and in the past (3 years ago). Its 109.2 hours with my return only.

Posted (edited)

After my 2 week ban I'm finally free to give my input

Anyways where are your ULX commands?

A Commander and Lieutenant are arguing 

Ok, you don't want to encourage them to continue arguing in TS or Discord. Your job is to defuse the situation not ask them to another platform to fight it out.

"maybe try to mediate their argument to relieve the tension between them"

That’s what you should do first

A user has threatened to DDos and take down the server. What do you do?

It is an instant ban. You should've known this before writing your application.

A Cadet has been complaining and wandering around because he hasn't been trained yet. He doesn't appear to have any intent to role play. What do you do?

I'd be pretty worried if you where staff and didn't have a character slot with at least a SGT+, and what happens if you don't? You can't just ignore them, you're staff, it's your job to make sure they receive the proper training no matter the circumstances.  

It's quite clear you aren't ready to become staff, you need to learn ULX commands ( or if you know them, make sure to write it out in your application) and come up with some way better responses to your situations instead of just half assing them. Go take a look at other applications to get an idea of whats required and how they format their applications. I've never been staff before, but I was around long enough to know how they should act.

Edited by Jesse

12 hours ago, Jesse said:

After my 2 week ban I'm finally free to give my input

Anyways where are your ULX commands?

A Commander and Lieutenant are arguing 

Ok, you don't want to encourage them to continue arguing in TS or Discord. Your job is to defuse the situation not ask them to another platform to fight it out.

"maybe try to mediate their argument to relieve the tension between them"

That’s what you should do first

A user has threatened to DDos and take down the server. What do you do?

It is an instant ban. You should've known this before writing your application.

A Cadet has been complaining and wandering around because he hasn't been trained yet. He doesn't appear to have any intent to role play. What do you do?

I'd be pretty worried if you where staff and didn't have a character slot with at least a SGT+, and what happens if you don't? You can't just ignore them, you're staff, it's your job to make sure they receive the proper training no matter the circumstances.  

It's quite clear you aren't ready to become staff, you need to learn ULX commands ( or if you know them, make sure to write it out in your application) and come up with some way better responses to your situations instead of just half assing them. Go take a look at other applications to get an idea of whats required and how they format their applications. I've never been staff before, but I was around long enough to know how they should act.

Thanks for your feedback.

First, I will state the ULX commands I've stated in the App in order, !bring <Player>, !warn <name> <reason>, !ban <name> <time> <reason>,

For the second issue, its just to remind them that in front of debrief is no place to argue, but I will mediate after that reminder and end off with another friendly reminder that its not appropriate to argue where everyone can see.

Third issue, I was going by what I believe I remember a few years ago when a few users threatened to DDoS the server and were immediately banned.

Final issue, I am working on my SGT roles, I'm not sure if Navy can train cadets but I will if its allowed. And I'm part of 612th, a recently new addition to the server, so it does take time to fully go from PVT to SPC again (Was in 187th).

And I'd like to think I'm not "Half Assing" responses, I'm talking about how I will handle them, I need feedback on MY mindset as a moderator. The format I understand. And I was trial mod before, but I didn't get in because of how immature I was in the past, 3 years ago. [Search up Xenceive/Xen Trial Mod App]

But still, I appreciate your time to give your input on this :3

Posted (edited)

Hey Xyn!

Here's my view on yourself and your application.
--

Firstly,

How will you becoming a moderator impact our community?

I would suggest increasing your word count and detail in response to this question. It should tie into what you say, but you do not need it to refer only to the question. It can only enhance your response if you express the characteristics and attitudes that you believe you have as a person. Of coarse, use those that relate to the role of a staff member and how it would impact the community.
Following along with enhancement of your application, it wouldn't hurt to increase word count and detail in response to the questions before the given scenarios. To give a broad example; those responses where you respond with "Yes" or "I do".
Of coarse not essential, although it would express your keenness towards the role.

Secondly,
In regards to your scenario responses, I can only again, suggest increasing your word count and detail in response to these scenarios.
Some suggestions... (If the following are already included, it means you need to express them better or more)
- Outline your level of knowledge of staffing commands by including the most you can. You can include them in all of the responses.
- Outline your level of knowledge of player punishments by including explanations and reasoning behind your punishments.
- Outline your characteristics and attitudes by including speech (or what you would type) in response to each scenario.
- Outline your knowledge of the staffing role and how you would adapt to certain situations or changes by including some differing pathways that branch from each scenario. E.G. 'He denies the RDM claims'. 'The CO and Officer continue arguing during the sit OR The CO and Officer continue arguing after being verbally warned/warned/banned'
- COLOUR CODE ALL OF THESE. (This greatly enhances your understanding of each)

Lastly, 
I had only known you from the starting up of 612th, but so far, nothing negative.
In regards to your interaction and involvement in the community, it needs to heavily increase to even be considered into this role. You don't need to be a previous CO, Officer or even a mingy character to achieve this.
The community's communication is heavily based off Team Speak, therefore, some suggestions include;
- Hopping around the Team Speak to interact with the rest of the community, this includes other staff and users.
- In my opinion, the most important and essential thing you can do is ask for feedback or just have a chat in regards to yourself as a community member, your application and your keenness toward achieving this role.
If you open yourself up to improvement and criticism it can only again, express your keenness toward achieving this role and improve your overall character and attitudes, all essential to the staffing role.

If you find any of this confusing, can't find what to write to tick off these suggestions or just need a chat, feel free to hop in my Team Speak. 🙂 
Good luck legend.
Neutral for now.

--

@JesseI only highly respect your eagerness to help and provide feedback, although, I personally see your response a little passive aggressive...
Also, it is definitely not a requirement to have a SGT slot as a staff member. If anything, a staff member is definitely trusted enough to train a cadet no matter the rank.
Just a little note. 🙂 

Edited by Flea
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Flea said:

Hey Xyn!

Here's my view on yourself and your application.
--

Firstly,

I would suggest increasing your word count and detail in response to this question. It should tie into what you say, but you do not need it to refer only to the question. It can only enhance your response if you express the characteristics and attitudes that you believe you have as a person. Of coarse, use those that relate to the role of a staff member and how it would impact the community.
Following along with enhancement of your application, it wouldn't hurt to increase word count and detail in response to the questions before the given scenarios. To give a broad example; those responses where you respond with "Yes" or "I do".
Of coarse not essential, although it would express your keenness towards the role.

Secondly,
In regards to your scenario responses, I can only again, suggest increasing your word count and detail in response to these scenarios.
Some suggestions... (If the following are already included, it means you need to express them better or more)
- Outline your level of knowledge of staffing commands by including the most you can. You can include them in all of the responses.
- Outline your level of knowledge of player punishments by including explanations and reasoning behind your punishments.
- Outline your characteristics and attitudes by including speech (or what you would type) in response to each scenario.
- Outline your knowledge of the staffing role and how you would adapt to certain situations or changes by including some differing pathways that branch from each scenario. E.G. 'He denies the RDM claims'. 'The CO and Officer continue arguing during the sit OR The CO and Officer continue arguing after being verbally warned/warned/banned'
- COLOUR CODE ALL OF THESE. (This greatly enhances your understanding of each)

Lastly, 
I had only known you from the starting up of 612th, but so far, nothing negative.
In regards to your interaction and involvement in the community, it needs to heavily increase to even be considered into this role. You don't need to be a previous CO, Officer or even a mingy character to achieve this.
The community's communication is heavily based off Team Speak, therefore, some suggestions include;
- Hopping around the Team Speak to interact with the rest of the community, this includes other staff and users.
- In my opinion, the most important and essential thing you can do is ask for feedback or just have a chat in regards to yourself as a community member, your application and your keenness toward achieving this role.
If you open yourself up to improvement and criticism it can only again, express your keenness toward achieving this role and improve your overall character and attitudes, all essential to the staffing role.

If you find any of this confusing, can't find what to write to tick off these suggestions or just need a chat, feel free to hop in my Team Speak. 🙂 
Good luck legend.
Neutral for now.

--

@JesseI only highly respect your eagerness to help and provide feedback, although, I personally see your response a little passive aggressive...
Also, it is definitely not a requirement to have a SGT slot as a staff member. If anything, a staff member is definitely trusted enough to train a cadet no matter the rank.
Just a little note. 🙂 

Thanks for the detailed explanations! Er the colour coding/underlining doesn't work with this since I'm using the new system for application, which is basically like a google form. (Unless it can be done and Im an idiot :P)

Edited by Xynceive
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Xynceive said:

Thanks for the detailed explanations! Er the colour coding/underlining doesn't work with this since I'm using the new system for application, which is basically like a google form. (Unless it can be done and Im an idiot :P)

This issue has been resolved, unfortunately it won’t update though. You can redo your application if you really want the formatting. 🙂 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Looks like you have taken a lot of the feedback on and tried to fix it up, so for that reason and the fact that I know you to be a respectful and intelligible dude, I will be giving a +1. 

However, try and get a bit more known within the community, you are always on the TS but you do need to make that effort to try and get in contact with new people you haven't spoken with before as well. This can be very difficult but you are very friendly so you are capable of it. 

Edited by Pluto
  • Like 1

Your very approachable in game easy to talk with and your quite active in TS +1 man

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Xyn is always active on the Gmod server and Teamspeak, he is a great guy +1 from me also the man is on 400 ping all the time but deals with it like a champ.

Edited by Gecko
  • Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 12:01 PM, Pluto said:

Looks like you have taken a lot of the feedback on and tried to fix it up, so for that reason and the fact that I know you to be a respectful and intelligible dude, I will be giving a +1. 

However, try and get a bit more known within the community, you are always on the TS but you do need to make that effort to try and get in contact with new people you haven't spoken with before as well. This can be very difficult but you are very friendly so you are capable of it. 

On 6/30/2020 at 3:19 PM, Pyro said:

Your very approachable in game easy to talk with and your quite active in TS +1 man

On 7/1/2020 at 6:01 AM, Gecko said:

Xyn is always active on the Gmod server and Teamspeak, he is a great guy +1 from me also the man is on 400 ping all the time but deals with it like a champ.

Thanks for all your words and comments on how I can be better! 0w0)b

• Like 1

+1 ur a premium user 😄 😄 

• Yikes 1
  • Centuraaaay 1

Your answers are pretty inoffensive but personally I don't know you at all so I can't really say anything about your character and whether or not you'd make a good candidate for moderator.

• PepeHands 1

51 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Your answers are pretty inoffensive but personally I don't know you at all so I can't really say anything about your character and whether or not you'd make a good candidate for moderator.

I hope that we'll interact more. Anyways, thanks for checking my Trial Mod App out!

Posted (edited)

You're a an interesting character. I've known you off and on for a few years now and you can be rather outspoken when you're feeling comfortable. I have heard tell of a few times you end up listen to people sometimes, not with ill intent at all, but nonetheless this has been a piece of feedback I've heard (make of that what you will, you may very well not be aware of it and that's okay). I've also had to personally stop you from taking things a little too far, sometimes, and had to shut you down on a few miscellaneous ideas that wouldnt've been a good idea to perform at the time.

Criticisms aside - you as a potential moderator? I can see that IF you continue to take peoples' feedback on board. You're currently on the right track, just keep at it. 

Edited by Noc
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Noc said:

You're a an interesting character. I've known you off and on for a few years now and you can be rather outspoken when you're feeling comfortable. I have heard tell of a few times you end up listen to people sometimes, not with ill intent at all, but nonetheless this has been a piece of feedback I've heard (make of that what you will, you may very well not be aware of it and that's okay). I've also had to personally stop you from taking things a little too far, sometimes, and had to shut you down on a few miscellaneous ideas that wouldnt've been a good idea to perform at the time.

Criticisms aside - you as a potential moderator? I can see that IF you continue to take peoples' feedback on board. You're currently on the right track, just keep at it. 

I will do my best to check myself every second while I spend my time on the server.