Time Played (Minimum 40 hours played):

I currently have 1309 hours on Gmod and this many hours in Gateway:

unknown.png.667eda6a2d8740bfc9002fe8a81da0dd.png

(Yes that was made in Excel)

Are you a donator? (YES/NO)

Yes i have donated to gateway gaming previously

PAC3 Questions

Have you used PAC3 before?

Yes i have, my first time using it was not long after it was introduced into the server sometime mid 2018

Why do you want access to PAC3?

Im not gonna BS so to be absolutely honest; i remember having PAC3 and learning the ropes

before eventually reaching a point at which i was competent and capable of making my own

animations within PAC3 such as fully animated idle animations, sitting animations, etc. it felt like

i had so much more freedom in the roleplay and personalisation aspect in comparison to when

i didnt have PAC3. So essentially the reason i want access to PAC3 is to once again

be able to have this extra bit of freedom in terms of RP and personalisation.

How is using PAC3 going to enhance your time on the server?

Like i said in the above answer, PAC3 can enhance my time by allowing me to have extra

freedom in RP and personalisation, also PAC3 can be a social experience in the sense that

it can allow for conversation in which people share ideas and creations.

PAC3 Examples:

Example 1: Idle animation

Trooper knocking helmet and crossing arms, it cancels when you move in any way, the voice chat event is there purely because of another static animation i made for when you are voice chatting which clashed with this animation. This is an animation i made a while ago, it utilises bone manipulation with the 'animation' tool and also usage of the 'event' tool.

Example 2: Speedometer

20200623212051_1.thumb.jpg.29b7845ecd98da5f029d6370586d6b4a.jpg

A speedometer attached to a BARC speeder bike that is enabled when you get on the vehicle and disabled when you exit the vehicle.

Example 3: Body part replacement and static bone manipulation (Folded arms behind back)

20200623200433_1.thumb.jpg.8ac94f700530c1ecf47cbe2193af7c7a.jpg

I decided to include this example because it showcases my ability to do basic bone manipulation, basic usage of the 'event' tool and also basic model manipulation.

Example 4: Slicing animation

Another example of a quick animation i did for slicing using a wrist mounted datapad, of course this animation could be improved by tweaking the bones more and being more precise but finger bones are a pain in the ass.

Conclusion

Thanks for taking the time to review my application! any constructive criticism / advice is of course always appreciated.

if you have any questions, please ask away.💩

• Like 2
  • +1 2

Some good original ideas here 

• Like 1

These are some great examples Murke. You have displayed a very wide variety and plenty of knowledge on multiple PAC3 tools. Doing such definitely puts one above other applications when you do this. Although some ideas are standard, (slicing, crossarm), you have added something more complex to it, such as finger movement (which I know is very hard) as well as having other animations to back up your knowledge. Here is what I can suggest.

• You have done great showing knowledge in PAC, however now I believe you should keep working on a cool new character for yourself, as you stated in the worded question "freedom in terms of RP and personalisation". In saying this, I think you should continue your trend of original PACs such as your speedomiter.
  • Demonstrate more with your ability. You definitely have enough knowledge, using a wide variety of PAC3 tools, however I think you need to demonstrate more examples of this knowledge, try to stray away from commonly found PACs on the server, maybe a mount animation for a BARC, or you signalling positions and call outs when taking cover. 

Try to hone in on your skills. I believe you have almost mastered custom animations, now try to finalize and put the icing on the cake with even more creative PACs.

Well done.

• Like 1

Hey @Murky,

A really good application. You have good answers that are quite well written and are up to standard. You have formatted your application to a good level. You have shown a really good uniqueness with your examples, which is great to see. You have some really good ideas that I would love you to extend further. You have some incredibly polished custom animations. Fingers, I agree, are fucking awful to use for custom animations. However, you have shown a really good job at making it smooth. Your custom animations are all usable as well, which is great to see.  Like what Cappa said, try and retain your uniqueness while also extending yourself. A possible way of doing so would be to make your speedometer actually change depending on speed. But, to be honest, you are very close to a successful PAC3 application. Just a little bit more work, just a few more examples that are both unique and functional, and you are as right as rain.

However, I am a bit worried about one thing, that being activity. Only recently you have made a forums post saying you have come back to Gateway, I would like to see you active for a few weeks before giving a PAC slot to yourself. Keep your activity up and demonstrate you have the activity to keep a PAC3 slot. 

Good luck on your PAC3 application. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Khai said:

Hey @Murky,

A really good application. You have good answers that are quite well written and are up to standard. You have formatted your application to a good level. You have shown a really good uniqueness with your examples, which is great to see. You have some really good ideas that I would love you to extend further. You have some incredibly polished custom animations. Fingers, I agree, are fucking awful to use for custom animations. However, you have shown a really good job at making it smooth. Your custom animations are all usable as well, which is great to see.  Like what Cappa said, try and retain your uniqueness while also extending yourself. A possible way of doing so would be to make your speedometer actually change depending on speed. But, to be honest, you are very close to a successful PAC3 application. Just a little bit more work, just a few more examples that are both unique and functional, and you are as right as rain.

However, I am a bit worried about one thing, that being activity. Only recently you have made a forums post saying you have come back to Gateway, I would like to see you active for a few weeks before giving a PAC slot to yourself. Keep your activity up and demonstrate you have the activity to keep a PAC3 slot. 

Good luck on your PAC3 application. 

Thanks for the feedback guys!

I definitely will prove my activity over the next coming weeks.😘

• Like 1

Hey guys!, just adding a few more examples which i just made:

Bacta Injector:

I know this is one that has already been done that's why i decided to add a spin (literally) to it by using a proxy to make the cap of the bacta tank spin up when you have it out.

Live ammo Counter:

A live ammo counter for the DC-15a that also works in first person.

• Like 1
  • +1 1
  • Centuraaaay 1