Nexoit

Nexoit Moderator Application

Clone Wars Moderator Application Template

hroRjWk.png

Prerequisites:

Do you have Teamspeak 3 Installed?

Yes

Do you enjoy helping other people?

Yes, a large amount of my time on the server has been spent in roles that have been based around a larger cause rather than my own individual cause. Currently I spend a lot of time training others with my position in ARC.

Are you willing to test your stress?

Yes

Age? (Minimum of 14 years of age.): 

List your current playtime (Minimum of 80 Hours): (Click Here)

819 according to gametracker

Are you willing to learn new ways to approach situations?

Sure

Do you have any active warns?

Unsure, I believe I have one?

Do you have a problem with any of our current staff members?

Nope.

Requirements:

Steam ID:

STEAM_0:1:39801287

Steam Profile Link:

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198039868303

Current in game alias / rank:

A-80 'Nexoit'

How known are you on a scale of 1-10 (10 being everyone knows you):

How will you becoming a moderator make an impact on the community?

I've been staff previously for a extended period of time so I have experience within the role, I'll be able to ensure the players of the server aren't having their time on the server negatively impacted by others who may come on to troll or abuse etc, ensuring that the players that request it can utilise tools to further their RP and enjoyment. It would also make it easier and more efficient with the trainings that I do within the server.

Do you believe you're able to deal with individuals and situations in a completely unbiased manner?

Yes, no problems there.

Do you use our Teamspeak server often?

Yep, basically everyday.

Do you understand that as a member of the Staff Team, your position may be subject to change and / or termination should you not be performing to the degree stipulated?

Of course.

Situations:

1. A user is RDMing and insulting other users. You are the only staff available to deal with the situation. What do you do?

I would freeze the player and move him somewhere where he cannot create further issues. From that I would move to an area away from players and inaccessible by others and teleport the user to me. I would ask why hes RDMing and insulting others. If there is another person involved I would bring them as well and try and work out whats happened so I can get a full story by both parties. Assuming the player has just came on and started rdming and abusing without proper reason. I would explain rdming other users and abusing them is against server rules and if he is having issues with players on the server he should aim to solve these issues by speaking with them or calling a staff member if required. After explaining these things to him if he takes it well and agrees that what he did was wrong and could have been dealt with better I would then explain to him that I'll be giving him a warning for RDM and insulting others and mention that the auto kicker will kick him from the server and that once he joined back to ensure he is following server rules and not creating any trouble for others.

2. A user has contested a warn you have given him and proceeds to verbally abuse you, what do you do?

I would bring them somewhere on the server inaccessible from other players and have them explain their side of the story. I would then explain why I issued the warning and tell them that verbally abusing a staff member based on a warning that was given is not acceptable and it is against the rules. I would then issue a warning and tell them that if they still have issues with my original warn and the 2nd warn to contact someone within senior staff.

3. A user has threatened to DDos and take down the server. What do you do?

I would bring the player to an area inaccessible from players and speak with them on what their issue is with the server and why they'd threaten to ddos the server. If hes joking i'd explain that jokes about ddosing the server are not acceptable and can end up in bans from the server. I would then warn the player for doing so and tell them to not do it again. If they are serious about the threat I would perm ban the player.

4. A Commander and Lieutenant are arguing in front of debrief. It is getting quite heated. The context to the argument is unknown to you. What do you do?

I would move to an area inaccessible from players and bring them to me, from that I would tell them that arguing in the middle of debrief is not acceptable and that PTS is active during debrief. After that I would mention that if they have issues they should solve them privately and not openly on the server. I would attempt to solve the problem at hand to the point where they are both in agreement and then make it clear to not do it again.

5. A Cadet has been complaining and wandering around because he hasn't been trained yet. He doesn't appear to have any intent to role play. What do you do?

I would inform the SGT's that there is a cadet to be trained at the training room and that if nobody volunteers that someone will be selected at random. If no SGT is available I would train the cadet myself. If someone is available I would hand the cadet over to the SGT to be trained and monitor the cadet. If he is creating issues and not looking to be trained or play the server I would explain to the cadet that training doesn't take long and if hes not interested in playing the server then he will be kicked. If he refuses further to be trained I would bring him to a sit and explain that he is being warned for no intent to play and then mention that he will be auto kicked after the warn is issues and that when he joins back he will need to abide by the rules of the server and complete his training and actually want to play. I would then issue the warn and he would be kicked.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • -1 2
  • +1 7

Back when you were first a tmod and I was that useless staff buddy, I saw you had a lot of great staffing potential, and you lived up to that. Although you've always had a lot of controversial opinion,s which may make you a very controversial player to a few, your staffing seemed to be unbias and very fair to those you dealt with, and your maturity in these situations especially with Marshal Commander and RHC experience always added to this fact.

I haven't been around nowadays and can only go off of word and the last couple of days I've been on, but I've heard a lot of the hard work you've done in ARC as an officer within it, and I can't see why you can't have another shot at staff.

+1

• Like 1

From my experience with you Nexoit, you are clearly a very passionate and dedicated individual who strives for perfection which is great, but I have seen quite a few examples where you can become quite dismissive and hot headed. The reason I bring this up is because I'm concerned that your temperament could potentially lead to situations where individuals could feel a sense on animosity towards you which isn't exactly ideal for a member of staff.

That being said, I've seen a dramatic shift over the course of the past month or so in which you've become a lot friendlier and so if you can keep that up, I think you definitely at least deserve a chance to prove yourself.

In terms of the app itself, it is highly detailed in terms of the situations but I'd like to see actual command use which is coloured differently as to show that you have a good grasp on the commands.
For the time being I'm neutral but if you can keep up your positive attitude and add in some commands then I'd be more inclined to a +1.

Best of luck.

• Like 1

Nexoit does upwards of what is expected from just a player on the community. Although situations arise where people clash with his opinions, I've seen first hand how they actually provide proper criticism and feedback for people on the receiving end. Since returning to the server, he has displayed constant good behavior, as well as providing new opportunities on the server such as the beta-arc program. He has enough experience to have joined staff multiple times, the guy knows the server like the back of his hand. Without a doubt I can see him providing positives for the community as one of the representative staff members.

+1

• Like 1

Overall really good application. Good attention to detail etc. I would just recommend you add a colour key, and add the commands you would use during your situations. 

I don't know you well personally, only real interaction with you has been during CO meetings where I have seen you stand up for multiple controversial topics which is something we definitely need part of the staff team (someone who is prepared to stick it through till the end.) However I do know that quite often you can butt heads against other people and a staff member openly arguing with someone isn't the best look. We don't want our users to feel like they are being dismissed or anything of the like, so I'd suggest just keep that in mind.

With what I've said above in consideration. I overall +1. Goodluck!🙂 

• Like 1

+1 great application, previous staff, shows consistent good behaviour both in and outside of the server, i see no reason as to why he shouldn't be given this.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Pretty good answers showing expected maturity. From the time you came back to the server, you've shown nothing but dedication to whatever role you got. When you were in my CG you went hard, now you're in ARC and you're going even harder. From the current Beta ARC program that you've created as well as the aspiring Alpha ARC trainings that have been happening recently, I can safely say you're in no lack of both motivation and commitment. Overall good traits for a candidate. +1

• Love 1

Posted (edited)

Seems like a good guy and is previous staff

+1

Edited by Emerald
  • Confused 1

+1 Very good and mature responses, nexoit is a very well known player throughout the community who is constantly helping the player-base where he can, i think he would prove to be a very valuable member of the staff team and would benefit the community drastically

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

+1  Very good guy has improved greatly, shows really good use of skills in positions of power I really think nexiot is a great asset and could improve Gateway Gaming ten fold. 

Edited by Zia

Always been someone I could talk to about issues or problems going on within the server. You have the ability to keep a level head in potions of power and the ability to keep cool in stressful situations. Honestly think big man Nexoit will contribute greatly to the GG Staff team.

+1

Posted (edited)

Nexoit used to be at the center of more than a few issues on the server, however not all fault being his - and through that I believe he's witnessed what works and what doesn't due to experience alone. I recall clashing with Nexoit more than a few times in the past due to a difference of opinion, but I can comfortably say that he'd be a good fit for the current staffing climate with the experience he's gathered under his belt. 

I'd like to see you on the team. +1

Edited by Noc