Jump to content
Pab

Pabs Trial Moderator Application

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Clone Wars Moderator Application Template

hroRjWk.png

 

Prerequisites:

Do you have Teamspeak 3 Installed?
Yes

 

Do you enjoy helping other people?

Yes I do.  

 

Are you willing to test your stress?
I have a lot of experience both IRL and ingame with dealing with stress and am willing to test it with the mod team.

 

Age? (Minimum of 14 years of age.): 

15 

List your current playtime (Minimum of 80 Hours): (Click Here)

375.68 Hours on Gateway (1.8K on Gmod)

 

Are you willing to learn new ways to approach situations?

 

Yes, I am willing to learn new ways to approach situations to improve my efficiency and skill at being a moderator.

Do you have any active warns?

 

No 

 

Do you have a problem with any of our current staff members?

No  

Requirements:

 

Steam ID:

STEAM_0:1:54300244 

 

Steam Profile Link:

 https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198068866217


Current in game alias / rank:

Gunnery Sergeant T-3589

Lieutenant Puff

Commander Pablo

 

How known are you on a scale of 1-10 (10 being everyone knows you):

8/10. I frequently am on the TeamSpeak and attempt to talk to all members of the community.

How will you becomeing a moderator make an impact on the community?

Getting a position on the moderator team will positively affect the Community. This is because it will allow the Moderator community to receive an extremely active and respectful member of the community to assist. I will Deal with players with an unbiased, professional manner and give back to the community. I am always willing to learn and better myself at every opportunity  I can.

 

Do you believe you're able to deal with individuals and situations in a completely unbiased manner?

I believe I am fully capable of dealing with situations and individuals in an unbiased manner and hear their sides of the stroy and their points in an unbiased way.

Do you use our Teamspeak server often?

For the past few months I have started to regulary jump on Teamspeak and attempt to talk to members of the community and get to know people.

Do you understand that as a member of the Staff Team, your position may be subject to change and / or termination should you not be performing to the degree stipulated?

 I Understand 








KEY
Red = Question

Purple = Answer Sub Heading

Green = Command

 

Yellow = Speech

Situations:

1. A user is rdming and insulting other users. You are the only staff available to deal with the situation. What do you do?

Admitting to rdming and Player Disrespect

Firstly what I would do is do /logs to check the logs if the user is actually Rdming. Once I see the player has been rdming I would !administrate and then  move to a secluded area of the map where the user cant affect other players. I would then proceed to !bring (Name) and !freeze (Name) so he doesn’t move around. Then I would ask the user “ I have gotten a report saying you have been Rdming and insulting other players. Is this true?”. If the user replies with yes I would proceed to do !warn (Name) “Reason” and inform the player about the warn and warn him if this continues it can lead to a ban from the server. Then I would move back to what I was doing and do !administrate

 Denying Rdming and Player Disrespect

If the user Doesn’t say Yes to Rdming and instead lies to staff I would first say “Due to lying to staff, Rdming and insulting player you will be receiving a 4-day ban. If you feel like you want to appeal the ban you are welcome to visit our forums and appeal it.” I would then proceed to !ban (user) 4D RDM/Player Disrespect/ Lying to staff

2. A user has contested a warn you have given him and proceeds to verbally abuse you, what do you do?

Stoppage of the verbal Abuse

Firstly I would !administrate and move into a secluded area of the map. Then I would !bring (Name) and proceed to say “The warn was issued because you broke server rules.” I would then continue to tell the user what the warn was for and why I issued it .Furthermore, I would then exclaim to the user that “ If you continue verbally abusing staff members It will result in a warn”. Then I would Return him  !return (Name),  move back to what I was doing and !administrate to get back into roleplay.
 

Continuation of Verbal Abuse.


If the Verbal Abuse continues I will  !administrate and move into a secluded area of the map. Then I would !bring (Name) and proceed to say
“For the continuation of the verbal abuse, you will be receiving a warn.” Following this, I would !warn (Name) (Staff Disrespect) and !return (User). Finally, I would go back to what I was doing and !administrate to get back into roleplay. 

3. A user has threatened to DDos and take down the server. What do you do?

I would promptly !administrate then move to a secluded area,  bring the user !bring (User) and !freeze (User). I will make sure to screenshot the evidence and continue to say “Threating to DDos the server has resulted in you to receive a permanent Ban“ Then continue to !ban (User) Permanently Threating to DDos the server. After I do this I will then message a member of management or higher up staff about the incident. Following this, I will keep the evidence of the DDOs just incase. Lastly, I would move back to what I was doing and !administrate to get back into roleplay.
 

4. A Commander and Lieutenant are arguing in front of debrief. It is getting quite heated. The context to the argument is unknown to you. What do you do?

Breaching server Rules
My first action would be to see if it is Rp related and seeing if Cg is interfering and helping resolve the conflict. If this is not the case I will inform them to stop their arguing.  I will !administrate and move to a secluded area,  bring the users !bring (user ) x2. I would then ask them what was the purpose of the argument and if it was about one of them breaching server rules. If the user shows it is about a breach of server rule and hasn’t been warned for it I will !warn (user) (Reason). If they continue arguing then I will repeat the process.

Argument Unrelated to the Server
If the Users were Arguing and it was unrelated to the server I would instead say to them in an admin sit “Please do not Argue in the middle of debriefing about personal or unrelated issues and giving yourselves and the server a bad look as your meant to be role models for the troopers.” Then verbally warn them if they continue it will lead to a warn !warn (user). I would then return both of them !return (user) x2.

5. A Cadet has been complaining and wandering around because he hasn't been trained yet. He doesn't appear to have any intent to role play. What do you do? 

Cadet complies after being returned

Firstly I would !administrate and move to the Cadet Area. Then !bring (User) and tell him that “ You cannot leave the Cadet room without being trained and I will now call a trainer for you” Then I will put in OOC that “SGT+ to the Cadet room, a cadet needs training.” If no one shows up I will either find an SGT who can or train them myself. I will then inform the SGT if the player shows no intent to RP inform me using a pm or ticket.

Cadet fails to Listen to the SGT+ instructions and continues to NITRP


I will give him a verbal warning first and if he continues to not listen to me and the SGT+ I will say “You are going to be given a warn for NITRP ” !warn (User) NITRP. If the player continues to come back and continue to NITRP I will say to him “I have verbally and formally warned you once for NITRP and because you have continued to do it you will be receiving a 2 day ban. Your welcome to you can appeal the ban on the forums.” !ban (user) 2D NITRP.

Any Feedback and criticism would be extremely helpful for me so please say to me what’s wrong and I will fix it ASAP.

Edited by Pab

Share this post


Link to post

Hey Pab,

 

From what I have experienced with you in-game and in ts you used to be quite mingy, but these past couple months I have seen that attitude disappear, overall the application is well done which shows that you have a great understanding of the commands that are used within the server. The only thing I would love to see is you trying to reach out to the wider community and talk to everyone, the staff team is always looking for people that are able to interact positively with not only the staff team itself but the entire community as you would be the one setting the example for other users. 

17 hours ago, Pab said:

How will you becomeing a moderator make an impact on the community?

It will allow the Moderator community to receive an extremely active and experienced member of the community to assist.

   I would love to see some more information within this question, we are not only looking for active and experienced members. We are looking for traits beyond that whether that be personality wise or the type of actions you take on the server to show that you are responsible enough for such a position.

 

Overall you application shows that you have the drive and will to becoming a member of the staff team would just love to see a bit more depth within that question.  +1

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

As with what Babatunde said, you do have a tendency to be a minge. However, being in 327th, I can see that you can be a good natured person at heart. Just try and cut down on the minging and I don't see a problem with you becoming a future mod.

Some of your answers are a bit iffy and underdeveloped, I would suggest going over some of them and beefing them up.

I will give a +1 for now and keep a close eye on you in game, Discord and TS. Good luck Pab!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, Babatunde said:

Hey Pab,

 

From what I have experienced with you in-game and in ts you used to be quite mingy, but these past couple months I have seen that attitude disappear, overall the application is well done which shows that you have a great understanding of the commands that are used within the server. The only thing I would love to see is you trying to reach out to the wider community and talk to everyone, the staff team is always looking for people that are able to interact positively with not only the staff team itself but the entire community as you would be the one setting the example for other users. 

   I would love to see some more information within this question, we are not only looking for active and experienced members. We are looking for traits beyond that whether that be personality wise or the type of actions you take on the server to show that you are responsible enough for such a position.

 

Overall you application shows that you have the drive and will to becoming a member of the staff team would just love to see a bit more depth within that question.  +1

Thank you, Babatunde for your feedback. I will try to spread my TeamSpeak activity to more community members and edit my application.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, Chreign said:

As with what Babatunde said, you do have a tendency to be a minge. However, being in 327th, I can see that you can be a good natured person at heart. Just try and cut down on the minging and I don't see a problem with you becoming a future mod.

Some of your answers are a bit iffy and underdeveloped, I would suggest going over some of them and beefing them up.

I will give a +1 for now and keep a close eye on you in game, Discord and TS. Good luck Pab!

Thank you Snook I will now add the feedback you have given.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Having had Pab in my regiment for quite a long time, he has shown me his tireless dedication to the server and has an understanding of where the line between appropriate and rule breaking sits.

Your app clearly shows an in depth understanding of commands and a level headed approach to all situations. My one piece of advice would maybe be to branch out a little more but all things considered, I think you'd make a good member of staff.
+1

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Fluxy said:

Having had Pab in my regiment for quite a long time, he has shown me his tireless dedication to the server and has an understanding of where the line between appropriate and rule breaking sits.

Your app clearly shows an in depth understanding of commands and a level headed approach to all situations. My one piece of advice would maybe be to branch out a little more but all things considered, I think you'd make a good member of staff.
+1

Thank You Fluxy for your Feedback. I will follow it to the best of my abilities and apply it to my time on the server.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

I think i'm gonna hit this with a big fat +1 because your a lad and it'd be great to see you in staff.

 

Edited by The Trashy Boi
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Pepsi said:

dumb

+1

Edited by Pyro
  • Dumb 1

Share this post


Link to post

As said, you are definitely reformed from your past mingy behaviour. Great to see you have been putting yourself out there on the server and team speak. 🙂
I can only suggest to keep that consistent.

In regards to your application. I don't see any problems. It's presented nicely, you have great word use and it overall makes sense.
Your responses to all of the scenarios are detailed enough to express a very high level of understanding of the various commands and how to deal with each scenario, even with the additional path scenarios.
 

Quote

How will you becoming a moderator make an impact on the community?

Your response to this question is great. I can only suggest adding more to enhance it further. (I do realise you have added more to this answer from previous feedback)

Big +1 from me, Pab 🙂
Goodluck mate

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

+1 not much really to say, active member and friendly. Extremely engaged with the community.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, Flea said:

As said, you are definitely reformed from your past mingy behaviour. Great to see you have been putting yourself out there on the server and team speak. 🙂
I can only suggest to keep that consistent.

In regards to your application. I don't see any problems. It's presented nicely, you have great word use and it overall makes sense.
Your responses to all of the scenarios are detailed enough to express a very high level of understanding of the various commands and how to deal with each scenario, even with the additional path scenarios.
 

Your response to this question is great. I can only suggest adding more to enhance it further. (I do realise you have added more to this answer from previous feedback)

Big +1 from me, Pab 🙂
Goodluck mate

Thank you for the feedback and +1. I will continue to work on my questions and be consistent on ts

Share this post


Link to post

from my interactions with pab especially of recent and he is quite friendly to everyone 

as for the application itself it is very well done having multiple branches for situations 

speaking of situations they are also good showing a great understanding of ULX commands, overall 100% +1

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Hey @Pab,

Good to see you making a staff application. I do have a few things to note regarding your application. First off is your community engagement, throughout the past month, I have seen a dramatic increase in your jumping around of TS channels in attempting to meet more of the community, this is a really great thing. And, even though I may sound like a broken record, you do have a bit of a prior history of being a minge, but lately, I have seen that behaviour completely disappear.

 

With your application, there are a few spelling and punctuation errors, but they are quite minimal. Your application feels very well written and reads smoothly. Your answers make sense and your key / legend is clear and easy to read. Additionally, you have written how you would act in response to multiple different scenarios, and while your answers are concise, they add that extra little bit of depth to your application. Now, onto a few points regarding how you have answered some of your questions.

 

On 5/20/2020 at 3:57 PM, Pab said:

2. A user has contested a warn you have given him and proceeds to verbally abuse you, what do you do?

With your answering to this question, you have only really answered one part of it. You talk about how you would deal with the verbal abuse component, but not about how you would deal with the contesting of the warn. When someone contests a warn, even if they are hostile, you have to think of their reasons behind being hostile. If they honestly believe the warn was unjustified or unfair, even if it was, it can definitely cause users to be a bit more aggressive, and while it is still poor behaviour, you have to think about their side as well when handling a situation. Generally it is just better to let a higher-rank member of staff take the sit, try and talk to another member of staff and inform them of the situation and context behind the warn you gave, and let the staff member make their own decision if the warn was fair or not. By letting another member of staff deal with the user contesting the warn, you eliminate any bias that may have been there, and it shows the user that their complaint is being dealt with in a fair way.

 

On 5/20/2020 at 3:57 PM, Pab said:

4. A Commander and Lieutenant are arguing in front of debrief. It is getting quite heated. The context to the argument is unknown to you. What do you do?

On 5/20/2020 at 3:57 PM, Pab said:

If this is not the case I will inform them to stop their arguing and I will talk to them after the debrief to resolve the issue.

You should always try and solve problems in the here and now. Don't try and put off problems until after debrief or any other in-game event, always try and get to things when they come up. Just for note, any staff member has to be prioritising staff issues above that of any RP. 

 

On 5/20/2020 at 3:57 PM, Pab said:

5. A Cadet has been complaining and wandering around because he hasn't been trained yet. He doesn't appear to have any intent to role play. What do you do? 

On 5/20/2020 at 3:57 PM, Pab said:

I will then inform the SGT if the player shows no intent to RP inform me.

Generally, there is no need to RP inform a staff member about a non-RP issue, as the player showing NITRP is not an in-character problem. Asking the SGT+ to PM you or to make another ticket would be a better way of handling this, without wasting the SGT+'s time in having to RP. 

Just to summarise, you are a very positive member of the community who has taken the effort and the time to get to know people. You have also acted on your application's feedback quickly and to a good standard, improving how you have answered your questions. You are positive, light-hearted and in my view, you could potentially be a good staff member. Keep up your good behaviour and community engagement, this is a +1 from me regarding your application. Let me know if you have any questions regarding any feedback given. Good luck on your application.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Khai said:

Hey @Pab,

Good to see you making a staff application. I do have a few things to note regarding your application. First off is your community engagement, throughout the past month, I have seen a dramatic increase in your jumping around of TS channels in attempting to meet more of the community, this is a really great thing. And, even though I may sound like a broken record, you do have a bit of a prior history of being a minge, but lately, I have seen that behaviour completely disappear.

 

With your application, there are a few spelling and punctuation errors, but they are quite minimal. Your application feels very well written and reads smoothly. Your answers make sense and your key / legend is clear and easy to read. Additionally, you have written how you would act in response to multiple different scenarios, and while your answers are concise, they add that extra little bit of depth to your application. Now, onto a few points regarding how you have answered some of your questions.

 

With your answering to this question, you have only really answered one part of it. You talk about how you would deal with the verbal abuse component, but not about how you would deal with the contesting of the warn. When someone contests a warn, even if they are hostile, you have to think of their reasons behind being hostile. If they honestly believe the warn was unjustified or unfair, even if it was, it can definitely cause users to be a bit more aggressive, and while it is still poor behaviour, you have to think about their side as well when handling a situation. Generally it is just better to let a higher-rank member of staff take the sit, try and talk to another member of staff and inform them of the situation and context behind the warn you gave, and let the staff member make their own decision if the warn was fair or not. By letting another member of staff deal with the user contesting the warn, you eliminate any bias that may have been there, and it shows the user that their complaint is being dealt with in a fair way.

 

You should always try and solve problems in the here and now. Don't try and put off problems until after debrief or any other in-game event, always try and get to things when they come up. Just for note, any staff member has to be prioritising staff issues above that of any RP. 

 

Generally, there is no need to RP inform a staff member about a non-RP issue, as the player showing NITRP is not an in-character problem. Asking the SGT+ to PM you or to make another ticket would be a better way of handling this, without wasting the SGT+'s time in having to RP. 

Just to summarise, you are a very positive member of the community who has taken the effort and the time to get to know people. You have also acted on your application's feedback quickly and to a good standard, improving how you have answered your questions. You are positive, light-hearted and in my view, you could potentially be a good staff member. Keep up your good behaviour and community engagement, this is a +1 from me regarding your application. Let me know if you have any questions regarding any feedback given. Good luck on your application.

Thanks for the massive amount of feedback Khai :). I will try to edit the questions to accommodate your recommendations and take it into  consideration for the future.

Edited by Pab

Share this post


Link to post

+1 Good guy, when i joined 327th he was quick  to show me the ropes and give me opportunities. On top of that he was polite patient and has a positive reaction & relationship with most. He follows all rules and reminds new comers of them to help keep them in line. I believe he would make a good staff member.

Good Luck 🙂

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Easy +1 mate. I have seen you on the server for a while and I am keen to see what you can do for the community.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Im not sure if anyone doesn't know who Pab is but this application is structured very well, ive also personally seen a lot of activity and maturity from you in recent months.

Fat +1

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

From all the interactions I've had with you I can't recall one where it was a negative experience. You answers to the given questions could be better, as Khai pointed out, but generally I feel that you're of sound judegement and of good character, one that should be given the chance of trial-mod.

+1

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Firstly I'd like to say that your application is very well done. Especially your situations, showing your understanding that situations can go multiple different directions. The only issue I've picked up on is some of your font sizes are not consistent. 

Other than your application, I can confidently say you are decently well known within the community, from my experience you are a mature, approachable guy, and would be well suited to the role of staff.

+1

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Stingel said:

Firstly I'd like to say that your application is very well done. Especially your situations, showing your understanding that situations can go multiple different directions. The only issue I've picked up on is some of your font sizes are not consistent. 

Other than your application, I can confidently say you are decently well known within the community, from my experience you are a mature, approachable guy, and would be well suited to the role of staff.

+1

Thank you for the feedback. I will fix the font sizes didn't notice it before.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...