i suggest that we swap unassigned bunks with rc and arc bunks and give the old med bay to unassigned and put med bay in the arc and rc building so that way there is more room for medics to do rp

• -1 3
  • +1 3

Forcing 6 RC Squads + Arc to fit in unassigned so that medic can have a few more rooms? Don't see how that would work out

there are about 6 use able rooms for RC so even if they moved in and arc stayed that would still give us a good amount of room to work with

Just now, Hacketty said:

What map is this?

I'm assuming Jania 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Ok James.
I was the CO of Medstaff, and I created it mainly when working on the Jania map (before we lost it), so I've used that medbay a shit ton.

It is small, but you can easily deal with it. You do not need 1500 different rooms for roleplay. Hell, there are rarely more than 2-3 patients at a time unless you are doing a scheduled checkup. 

That room is multi-purpose. Depending on what you need, it can be either a ICU, a RnD lab, Quarantine, and so much more.

RP does not need a ton of rooms and textscreens everywhere. You can do that in your head. 

That Medbay works fine. The medical staff made it work just fine, so can you.

(so this will be a big -1)

Edited by Hacketty
  • Like 3
  • +1 1

I'll wait and see if there are more votes before closing this, but it's likely going to be a no.

@Hacketty Summed it up well.

Gotta remember that there's no longer 6 Squads as well. We've got 2 more just around the corner, one of which is already on the server and one coming in the next few days which will make the grand total 8. 37 RC blokes in the current Unassigned bunk area probably won't sit too well.

• Like 1

Just now, Spoonj said:

@Hacketty Summed it up well.

Gotta remember that there's no longer 6 Squads as well. We've got 2 more just around the corner, one of which is already on the server and one coming in the next few days which will make the grand total 8. 37 RC blokes in the current Unassigned bunk area probably won't sit too well.

Yeah this too - ARC, Null ARC, and RC account for 60 people. More than triple the size of 917th, so I think that the odds of that ever happening are zilch

1 minute ago, Hacketty said:

Yeah this too - ARC, Null ARC, and RC account for 60 people. More than triple the size of 917th, so I think that the odds of that ever happening are zilch

Fairly certain ARC & Null ARC are out of the picture since they've claimed some joint out in the wilderness. Regardless, the population of RC is still far greater than 917th.

1 minute ago, Spoonj said:

Fairly certain ARC & Null ARC are out of the picture since they've claimed some joint out in the wilderness. Regardless, the population of RC is still far greater than 917th.

ahhh right. Point still stands - RC outnumber 917th

6 hours ago, Spoonj said:

do you know how many rooms there are in unassigned compared to rc rooms 

1 hour ago, James Rinzler said:

do you know how many rooms there are in unassigned compared to rc rooms 

Yeb.

Current RC Bunks have 7 rooms varying in size which can hold the current squad count since Omega hasn't been added just yet. Current Unassigned bunks only have 2-3 rooms that would be somewhat suitable for a bunk however the third has a desk, chair and bookcase which is apart of the map. The other rooms in Unassigned bunks are a bar, showers and a meeting room or whatever it's meant to be. If we include the shower block, bar and meeting room the grand total will equate to 6 rooms which will cater to 6 out of the 8 squads.

Just now, Spoonj said:

Yeb.

Current RC Bunks have 7 rooms varying in size which can hold the current squad count since Omega hasn't been added just yet. Current Unassigned bunks only have 2-3 rooms that would be somewhat suitable for a bunk however the third has a desk, chair and bookcase which is apart of the map. The other rooms in Unassigned bunks are a bar, showers and a meeting room or whatever it's meant to be. If we include the shower block, bar and meeting room the grand total will equate to 6 rooms which will cater to 6 out of the 8 squads.

counter offer med bay in unassigned bunks

I understand how you feel about that small area of the Medbay, but I don't believe this is good strategy to solve it.

I used to be a Combat Medic at 612th around when Beatroot was running 612th. 

This is what it use to look like,

g6Y1LxN.jpgRpkOS85.jpgshDPg1U.jpgW3vPBGS.jpgvDz2YKE.jpgwg2eSmb.jpg

We had a small medbay, but that didn't stop us from roleplaying in it. This might be the only medbay where players would grab a sponge and clean the medbay. When Beatroot was making players cleaning the medbay, good times.

Of course it changed it look, with new sytle at one point. I don't have photo on it. 

But what others said are spot on. I would suggest you just use the room you got, instead of being upset. Otherwise the roleplay in Medbay won't be often.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andy said:

I understand how you feel about that small area of the Medbay, but I don't believe this is good strategy to solve it.

I used to be a Combat Medic at 612th around when Beatroot was running 612th. 

This is what it use to look like,

g6Y1LxN.jpgRpkOS85.jpgshDPg1U.jpgW3vPBGS.jpgvDz2YKE.jpgwg2eSmb.jpg

We had a small medbay, but that didn't stop us from roleplaying in it. This might be the only medbay where players would grab a sponge and clean the medbay. When Beatroot was making players cleaning the medbay, good times.

Of course it changed it look, with new sytle at one point. I don't have photo on it. 

But what others said are spot on. I would suggest you just use the room you got, instead of being upset. Otherwise the roleplay in Medbay won't be often.

This.

Roleplay doesn't need 1500 rooms, it just requires a bit of imagination.

• Like 1

this dude now has 6 negative rep, why is -1 a negative reaction lmao

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the suggestion James, unfortunately it seems pretty unanimous that this idea is unfavorable for the wider community and displace more people then it would aid.

Secondly, I do wish to apologize for the -1 reaction tanking your forums reputation. Suggestions even if they're disagreed with shouldn't be stifled, and I'll work on fixing this.

6 minutes ago, Bright said:

this dude now has 6 negative rep, why is -1 a negative reaction lmao

Overall, this change will be denied but thank you anyway.

This thread will now be locked as the issue has been resolved.

• Like 1