Sloth

Event Rating System Feedback

Event Rating System Feedback  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you enjoy/like the current rating system in events?

• Yes I do
    • I neither like it nor dislike it
    • No I do not
  2. 2. Do you feel it would be beneficial to adjust the current system or change it completely?

• I would like to keep the current system but it just needs to be adjusted/tweaked
    • I don't think there needs to be a change to the current system
    • I believe it would be better and more beneficial to change the rating system to another style (3rd, 2nd, 1st placements etc.)

So it's been three or whatever weeks now since the event server has come out and one of the many changes that brought along was the change in how Reg of the week is gauged with the rating system (With each event getting a rating between 1-10 at the end of each event by the EM).

Essentially this is just a quick poll to get an idea of how you guys (the playerbase) are enjoying/not enjoying the current rating system. Whether you like it and want to stick with it, or hate it and want us to revert to another or the old system (3rd, 2nd, 1st). Or maybe you are on the fence and want to stick with the rating system but it just needs to be tweaked a bit? Who knows but yeah.

Chuck any thoughts or opinions in here so we can better/adjust the system in the future. Cheers Champs :~)

I feel like the main issue with this system is that it allows one regiment or squad to carry the entire event, and everyone else gets the same exact rating. So if Navy for example only brings 1 person, but 327th has 100% activity and completely destroys the event getting 10/10, that one bloke from Navy gets 10/10.

It just leads to ambiguity and it allows lazy regiments to just always go with good regiments and get carried.

I reckon having a placement system for who did best in the event, regardless of overall event performance, would be better. It wouldn't be perfect, nothing is, but it would be better.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

It will work so long as the Event Masters don't shun attempts for players to put themselves out there with things that the EM didn't predict. Not saying this has happened yet, but my truthful opinion of this system that it will only work so long as the EM and the playerbase are on the same wavelength. This weeks-long trial period has kind of proven that it is possible, so I'm all for it.

I should actually clarify. The fact that I brought up players putting themselves out there, is due to the concept that if some regiments are seen doing things that other regiments didn't consider, and it positively influences the event; that could easily inspire others to be a bit more brave with how they tackle events. Giving the bonus of really just seeing what regiment shines in every event, and also hopefully not just having all regiments drown in the collective rating without feeling like their influence on the event wasn't ignored or underappreciated (another unfortunate effect of the collective ratings). Perhaps along with collective ratings, the EM team should make it standard to make some special or honorable mentions of certain regiments that did incredibly well but wasn't recognized for much at first. Little things I reckon.

(My point is somewhat in addition to what @Hacketty said about regiments carrying. An idea for a solution.)

As far as I'm concerned, the collective ratings is bringing regiments closer together, and really giving everyone, at least me, a sense of comradery like "Hell yeah we all did that".

Edited by Noc
  • +1 1

21 minutes ago, Hacketty said:

I feel like the main issue with this system is that it allows one regiment or squad to carry the entire event, and everyone else gets the same exact rating. So if Navy for example only brings 1 person, but 327th has 100% activity and completely destroys the event getting 10/10, that one bloke from Navy gets 10/10.

It just leads to ambiguity and it allows lazy regiments to just always go with good regiments and get carried.

I reckon having a placement system for who did best in the event, regardless of overall event performance, would be better. It wouldn't be perfect, nothing is, but it would be better.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

What I suggest is to  do individual ratings and not rely heavily on group ratings. Take account on who has most activity for example, if 41st has 2 members and 91st has 10, 91st would get points for activity and 41st will not. Check how efficient they do in objectives and not rush it, Also how much the squad/regiment works well with other regiments/squads.  If you want group ratings go for it but don't rely on it too much and try to give points on individual things like activity and comms, this would stop the fact that one regiment would get carried to the top because one person was on to get that 10/10 score.

Edited by Kandy

just get rid of reg of the week 😃

• +1 1

1 minute ago, Cappa said:

just get rid of reg of the week 😃

Boringggg

Group Ratings + bonus for best reg during an event or something. Would avoid three way ties.