Rippa

Rippa's Senior Administrator Application

Clone Wars RP - Senior Administrator Application

hroRjWk.png

Prerequisites:

Have you held the rank of Administrator for at least 2 months?

Yes

Do you work well in a team?

I try my best to communicate with other staff members

Do you consider yourself capable of leading others?

I haven't lead a regiment on the server yet but as my time as Mace Windu and helping ARC as Prudii Skirata I feel I can lead others in the right direction .

Do you consistently use the teamspeak and Forums?

I'm in Teamspeak most hours of the day and I attempt to check the forums everyday and reply to as much as I can.

Are you willing to learn new ways to approach situations as a team leader?

I'm always up for feedback from staff and other players on the server and always trying to make myself a better staff member on the server.

Do you have any problems with current staff members?

The current staff team is very stacked when it comes to people we are practically full and we all work well together on the server, so no I have no issues with the staff team

Requirements:

Steam ID:

STEAM_0:0:239050171

Most common in-game/current alias:

Mace Windu / Prudii Skirata / Rippa

Total hours played on Gateway servers:

909.21 hours on Clone Wars / 

Other positions held in the community (if applicable):

Moderator on Gateway Gaming Imperial
Administrator on Gateway Gaming Imperial

How known are you on a scale of 1-10 (10 being everyone knows you):

I would say a 7-8 because of the in-game positions I currently hold (Mace Windu/Prudii Skirata)

Questions:

How will you guide the Administrator Team, and assist with the running of the staff team as a whole?

Obviously taking up the role of Senior Admin adds on more responsiblity in regards of running the staff team with Coric and management and I feel a lot more tasks with be handed to the Senior Admin so Head Admin and Management can focus on other server related things. So I feel the staff team and other members in the community should be able to go to a Senior Admin if they have any questions then it can be passed up through the ranks on the server. Also the Admin team would be inclined to listen to the Senior Admins as the Senior Admins are taking jobs directly from Management.

What positive changes will you bring to the experience of both staff and players on the server?

I've been an Admin for over 3 months, I'm open to suggestions from both Staff and Players because I feel that would be the best idea as I would like to hear what the Community personally would like to happen with the server. I haven't thought of many changes because my personal opinion is that the server is running great and is always filling up and as a whole is a really great community. This is why I would like to hear from the Community if they feel some changes would need to be made.

Why are you applying for this position?

I've aspired to move up to Senior Admin since I came back from the Imperial Server, this is one of the reasons I took PAC3 Manager was to push myself out there more and have more of an face on the Server and Forums instead of one of those Admins that got the position for being faster than everyone else at taking tickets. Obviously i'm not saying that the current Admins earnt their positions by only taking tickets fast but I didn't just want to be known as a "Slack Admin" that some people in the past have seen the Admin team to be. I would like to make that change by moving up to Senior Admin and helping the admins become more of a face in the community.

Why should we choose you over other applicants?

Everyone that applies should be given a fair non-bias chance but I feel you should choose me for the fact i'm a dedicated member of this community and I wish to push myself onto a more challenging position within the Community/Staff team

Situations:

1. An administrator has been accused of abusing their power, what do you do about it?

Of course when finding out an Admin has been abusing their power their has to be tangible proof of them doing so because you simply can't go off someones word. So this Admin would be put underwatch by Management/Head Admin/Senior Admin in attempts to catch this person abusing their "Power". If the Admin has been caught with evidence of them abusing their power they would be brought to a TeamSpeak channel and would discuss with them about the reasoning if they have any. Depending on their attitude in the situation will depend whether or not they are demoted or striked. Because in some cases when someone is abusing their power it is simply because they didn't know that they couldn't do it, but if someone is abusing their power and they know of the consequences they should be demoted to the rank below or totally demoted from the staff team depending on the circumstance.

2. Expanding on the previous situation, the administrator who was accused of abusing his power was proven to in fact be innocent and has become quite angry that you would believe the accusations of the user. The user is also frustrated as they believe that the staff member has gotten away with abuse. How do you handle this?

The best way to deal with a situation like this is to simply bring both the accuser and the administrator and attempt for them to talk it out while also bringing up your own points so you can try and resolve the situation, obviously if the accuser claims that he did abuse his ULX and he only has his word as proof you can't punish the Admin for that but you have to also listen to their side of the story and try to obtain some extra information if needed. If the accuser still isn't happy with the outcome you have to explain to them that it has been decided from management and the decision is final.

3. You are accused of handling a staff situation poorly by a lower ranked staff member, although the staff member is quite aggressive in their approach, you discover some evidence that supports your poor handling of the situation. What do you do?

I would obviously speak with the person accusing me off poor handling and would try reach an understanding with said person obviously it would be a mess up on my behalf and would clearly apologise for the fact of me messing up in the situation and ask for feedback from the staff member and management so it would not occur again.

4. Based on the previous situation, how do you go about de-escalating the situation if you in fact did not handle the staff sit poorly?

I would ask the staff member to simply calm down and I would admit to the fact of me being in the wrong, After this I would bring the Staff member into a TeamSpeak channel and explain my reasoning behind the sit and how I handled it, after speaking with said Staff member I would provide the evidence for the warning in attempts to calm said Staff member down by showing the hard facts and the reasoning behind the sit after all this is resolved I would once again apologise for the situation and return to doing my staff duties on the server

5. The server is in its peak hour and you notice that many of the admins are offline or playing other games, the only staff on are yourself and two moderators. You receive multiple tickets at once requesting simulations, the resolution of a case of RDM, someone asking about donations and a request for some new troopers to be whitelisted to a job. What do you do?

I would first off request any staff that are not on and that are not busy to hop on the server as it would be peak time and a lot of situations would be happening that would need more than 3 staff members on. If no one could get on, I would speak with the two moderators VIA @ chat and get one of them to handle the RDM ticket and the other Moderator to start the simulation after this is done, depending on how quick the RDM ticket and Simulation tickets are resolved I would ask them both to handle the new trooper whitelists, then I will handle donations while trying to help with the simulations if they are still continuing.

6. Members of the staff team are failing to meet the standard expectations of activity and performance. How do you go about enforcing our standards and ensuring improvements are made?

Obviously high performance and activity is key when being a staff member on Gateway Gaming, so if someone is lacking or falling behind other moderators it would obviously be brought up at a Staff meeting as a message to the whole staff team, after this if said persons are not reaching the expectations myself and other Admin/Senior Admins would speak with these people and let them know that there performance is lacking compared to other staff on the server. We would give them tips on how to increase their performance on the server and let them know that if their performance does not increase after this they could be demoted or striked for upholding the staff expectations.

7. The Head Administrator is not available (LOA, ect.), and the server is having a busy night. During the course of this night you have a Staff Meeting, Staff Challenges to be submitted, and a few serious situations regarding staff behaviour towards users, and kit changes being requested by COs. How do you handle these circumstances?

First off I would make a announcement regarding Staff Challenges and tell all Staff to submit them personally to myself over Discord and I would speak with Coric regarding the staff chalenges when he is next avalible. After this I would speak with RHC and the Server Manager regarding kit changes that want to be made I would leave that job with Spirit after discussing with RHC and himself and get that sorted. I would obviously have to host the staff meeting if no management could attend and I would bring up the points of Staff behaviour towards users, I would discuss the way that certain people have acted are not how someone should act in a situation like that, as it ruins the reputation for the rest of the staff team after bringing this up I would bring it up once more at the end of the meeting just to make sure that anyone that wasn't listening at first was in fact paying attention the second time and if this was to occur again serious punishment would be handed out.

• +1 3

Posted (edited)

Rippa's time within Staff has been one that I've only seen since returning as he wasn't staff whilst I was playing previously. So my interactions with him have been as a player before I left and then as an Admin when I returned.

Overall Rippa has been a biased and toxic character for quite sometime now. I've seen this directly with dealings towards myself. You aren't a very approachable member within staff and you are a very tired member of the community with both server and staff roles. I don't see you online very often and when you are you aren't interacting with the community as a whole, often messing around with your friend group and not really adding to the server experience. You do however seem active within teamspeak, but only within your group or just by yourself in a channel muted.  I don't see you as someone with the drive to hold and maintain a leadership role let alone be fair and unbais within it.

Overall I believe you need to find your spark again. Join a regiment that you enjoy and interact with its members. Create further friendships on the server that aren't just a small circle. This will allow you to further your relationships as well as activity and drive within the server.

-1 Goodluck

Edited by Nexoit
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

For those wondering why this application is up, I will do my upmost to explain.

As staff move up higher through the ranks, the ability to work with the community and be recognized/liked abroad becomes more important. So, your responses and how they act on these responses here are very important to the final decision, given that these guys if they take the role will have a larger influence on the future of this community.

In other words, if you have a grievance with the staff putting up the app. Don't feel pressured to +1, make your concerns known because we want to make sure that all ends have been tied up before they reach the role.

Thank you for your time, and I hope you give your earnest feedback.

Bump, Management wants feedback on these.

I haven't seen Rippa around much in the server in my time playing, perhaps I just never noticed him but I do see him commenting on fourm posts. Everytime I check I post I usually see him in the comments whether it be as his position as PAC manager or just replying to mod applications and giving feedback. I haven't been able to get to know you as an individual as of yet so I would stay neutral until I am able to get to know your personality more.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Siff said:

if you can be a bit more active in 187th and help the regiment out I would gladly make that a strong +1.

Remember that this is based on his staffing ability, not his ability to lead a regiment. 

• Like 2
  • +1 1

The time I've got to know you bit more during these weeks. My interactions are positive or negtives to times. (Mostly me, 😉 )

I believe your intentions on Staff are good, and I believe you only wish to assist it. But one the issues I can see, you need to get out there. Having a good communication with the Staff Team is a good start to any Senior. I feel as your LOA, putting this Application out is bad timing. I haven't see much impact on the Staff Team you have put in.
I would like you take these in and attempt to make a different in the Staff team, having good communication, not just Teamspeak but Discord, in-game. Get that activity up there.

Neutral

I wish you good luck, Rippa!

Rippa. While you have been on extensive LOA, I've only recently seen you helping out with the jedi update (Being Windu and such) so if you pump out a bit more activity (Not sure if you're still LOA) I'm sure you can get the responses you need for this role.

Neutral

• Thanks 1

I don't think I've really ever talked to Rippa which can definitely be on my end but I think it'd be great to hop around the ts channels a bit more and interact with the wider community a little more often. So I'll be neutral for now. Good Luck!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I haven't real had many encounters with Rippa, but from the few i have had i have seen that Rippa is an engaged member of the community and works to help out the fellow players.  Although contradicting this is the fact that i do not see you much, the activity from my POV is quite low especially to be going for Senior Admin. If i saw you around more and had more interactions with you im sure id be happy to +1 you. But for now im leaving a neutral.

Edit -  I have regarded that you were on loa for quite some time and have seen you more since then +1 

Good Luck!

~ Tyrell

Edited by Tyrell (Kofar3)
  • Thanks 1

I've noticed most of the replies regarding my Application are Activity now that i'm off LOA i'm going to be doing as hard as I can to be as active as possible thank you all for the feedback and I hope to see you on the server/teamspeak to have a chat 🙂

From what I see and what I’ve heard (first hand) about Rippa is that his return to Clone Wars has been a very positive transition. Some players may have their doubts about his performance, however, when things get out of hand Rippa will happily deal with the situation. 

He has become a trusted and reliable staff member who gets the job done. The role of Senior Admin would suit him well as he has no trouble being stern towards others while outlining strengths and weaknesses for junior staff members to improve upon. Additionally, a lot of the work he’s done for Jedi goes unnoticed. Since his return, the man has climbed the ranks till 2IC and is someone players approach if they’re confused, need assistance or generally want to progress. 

I was recently speaking to one of the old Imperial commandos CO (who hasn’t returned to Gateway since) about why he left etc. He explained that he felt some of the staff was against him but when I mentioned Rippa the conversation swayed towards him speaking about Rippa with great praise. I don’t know what you did but I theorise it’s your down to earth nature, which is what people respect. 

+1

• Thanks 1

While I may not be some exceptionally well known figure in the community, I can say that Rippa is an exceptional person. While I may not have known him well during my time as staff on Imperial, or all that well among Gateway, I have prior knowledge of him that for a while I didn't even realize was him. Having spent time talking to you I know you're capable of fulfilling a greater role on the staff team and I hope to see you go a long way. Given this I will be leaving a +1 so good luck and I look forward to seeing you in this position in the event they choose you.

• Thanks 1

For all the time I've known Rippa, I've always thought of him as someone who wants to help. Always has been approachable and a reliable person on a staffing stand point, but is also a good dude to have a laugh with. He has quickly risen the ranks in Jedi due to this nature, he is helpful and approachable; a good bloke all around. I think he 100% deserves a position as Senior Administrator, he has proven his responsibility and dedication to the server by achieving Mace Windu, as well as his capabilty in his current role as Administrator. 

+1

• Thanks 1

My talks with Rippa have been very monotone but other then that he is very helpful and I would love to see him in a higher role so its a +1

• Thanks 1

Yeah this guy is the best staff member ever on Gateway Gaming he deserves this role.

+1

• Thanks 1

I will be closing off these posts tonight, and allow the Senior Admins to work on any feedback they've been given. So if you have something to say, please do so now.

Posted (edited)

For the most part, I reckon you would make a great senior admin. However, you have quite the reputation of leaving and coming back to the community every few months. You've certainly matured significantly when getting staff duties which can be commended, and your application for the position is very well written. Still for the most part, I feel that your activity and presence on the server itself is pulling you down for this application, this is evident in your LOA from the server probably a week or two ago because you were "burnt out." 

TL:DR You are a great candidate for senior admin, but you always get "burnt out" and go on LOA's. Neutral

Edit: While you have taken action with this reputation, there hasnt been a sufficient enough amount of time for me personally to change my mind on it. Nonetheless Good luck 

Edited by Buck :)
  • Thanks 1

You've always conducted yourself well from what i've seen, you're a good staff member and you deserve this position as long as you improve on the things others have been saying which you have been doing recentley which is good to see.

It's a +1 from me.

• Thanks 1

Thank you all for your feedback, i've taken it all in and will be trying my best to improve in the areas that my skills are lacking. Thanks for taking the time to reply to my application

🙂

Rippa

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1