Bobby's Senior Administrator Application

Clone Wars RP - Senior Administrator Application Template

hroRjWk.png

Prerequisites:

Have you held the rank of Administrator for at least 2 months?

Yes

Do you work well in a team?

Yes, I do work well in a team

Do you consider yourself capable of leading others?

Yes, I do consider myself capable of leading others onto the right path

Do you consistently use the teamspeak and Forums?

Yes, you will find on TeamSpeak nearly every day and you will see me on the forums consistently

Are you willing to learn new ways to approach situations as a team leader?

Yes I am willing to learn new ways to approach situations as a team leader, the more you learn the better you get

Do you have any problems with current staff members?

No, I do not have any issues with staff members.

Requirements:

Steam ID:

STEAM_0:1:63603954

Most common in-game/current alias:

Bobby

Total hours played on Gateway servers:

Other positions held in the community (if applicable):

Administrator and Senior Moderator

How known are you on a scale of 1-10 (10 being everyone knows you): 

8.5/10

Questions:

How will you guide the Administrator Team, and assist with the running of the staff team as a whole?

I will, first of all, make sure that the staff team members have no issues with each other from there on. I will try to make the moderators and admins cooperate together and communicate more using what they have to the best standard. From there I will ask for feedback from both the Administrator team and the moderator team to see how they are going and what they can improve on, Once I have gained the feedback I will interview one staff member at a time and talk to them on how they’re going and what they could improve on in the future to lead them up the right path. Continuing this cycle for the following weeks.

What positive changes will you bring to the experience of both staff and players on the server?

Make sure everyone is enjoying their position in staff and giving it 110% of what they have, clearing the issues that two staff members might have between each other and make sure that the community members on the server are enjoying their stay while making sure that they have a good reputation with the staff team

Why are you applying for this position?

I want to take more of a leadership role in the staff team and assist and lead the staff members below me in the right direction.

Why should we choose you over other applicants?

I am a hardworking person, I try to complete my tasks to the best of my capabilities and always try to maintain that standard while making sure that others know that I am an approachable guy and a good leader.

Situations:

1. An administrator has been accused of abusing their power, what do you do about it?

I will speak to the reporter of the staff member and see their perspective, let’s say that the administrator was continuously slaying the user and he has video evidence of himself conducting these acts. From here, this can either end in two different ways. These scenarios are going to be listed below.

Scenario 1:

In this scenario, he admits to his wrongdoing. I will ask him to join my team speak channel by either sending him a pm in-game or sending him a dm in discord, Once he joins the channel I will speak to him to see if he understands on why I wanted to talk to him and in this scenario he understands on why he was called to the channel since he abused his ULX and continuously slayed the victim. Here on I will speak to him on how he should have known better being considered one of the senior staff of the team and instead of abusing his powers he should be managing the moderators and making sure that they are following the server rules, Once I have explained to him on what he has done, I will give him a strike for him abusing his ULX as at the rank he is now, he would know the consequences of his actions.

Scenario 2:

In this scenario, he doesn’t admit to his wrongdoing and once dealt with he continues to harass the victim, In this scenario, it will go the same as the one listed above, I will ask him to join my channel by Discord DM or In-game pm. Once he has joined I will ask him if he knows the reason why he was called to the channel. In this scenario, he lies and says that he doesn’t know the reason why he was called, I will run him through what he had done and explain that a user of the community gathered a video of him abusing his ULX rank he by slaying the victim continuously for no valid reason, therefore, I will be striking him for his abuse of his ULX rank as he should have known better being considered one of the senior staff of the server, then let him go. But in this scenario, he decides to go back to the victim and starts to abuse him again and starts saying racial slurs towards him, while this was happening in-game I gain reports of him doing it which then I will drag him to my TeamSpeak channel and give him another strike and demotion or removal from the staff team if granted access by the Head Administrator/management.

2. Expanding on the previous situation, the administrator who was accused of abusing his power was proven to in fact be innocent and has become quite angry that you would believe the accusations of the user. The user is also frustrated as they believe that the staff member has gotten away with abuse. How do you handle this?

In this scenario, it would have to be dealt with differently. The way I will deal with the situation will be listed below from the beginning to the end.

Speaking to the Victim: 

Knowing how mad the victim is from the way that the situation has been dealt with proving that the admin is innocent, I will try to calm him down, saying We should deal with this in a civilised manner and not start screaming at the each other, Once the victim is calmed down I will go through the video with him and explain on why the administrator is innocent and didn’t abuse his ULX just say in this situation the User had picked up a weapon from a dead soldier which isn’t allowed for a trooper to have and state that our job as staff members is to enforce this rule and make sure that it isn’t broken as since the weapon that he had isn’t suppose to be in their kit. From here on once the User understands why the administrator isn’t in trouble he will be allowed to leave.

Speaking to the Administrator:

Once I have spoken to the victim and he understands on why the admin is not in trouble I will ask the admin to join the channel, I will ask the admin to calm down and make sure that he knows that he isn’t in trouble, from there on I will speak to him and state on why I had to listen to the user as once you sign up to the rank of the staff member you’re expected to be unbiased in any situation no matter the rank the person holds or who they are. Therefore making the administrator understand why I had chosen to listen to the user. Going back to the fact that he isn’t in trouble and stating whatever he did in that situation was to make sure that rule was maintained. Once this situation has been dealt with I will tell him to remain in the channel.

Conclusion:

In conclusion, I will ask the user to join the channel again while the admin being in it and talk to them and explain that to have a good experience on the server they would have to come to a conclusion with each other and leave all the issues in the past and start a new, Due to the fact of both the administrator and user knowing the reasoning for the actions taken by me, they would apologise to each other forgetting about the incident and start a new.

3. You are accused of handling a staff situation poorly by a lower ranked staff member, although the staff member is quite aggressive in their approach, you discover some evidence that supports your poor handling of the situation. What do you do?

In this situation, as I have been handling the situation poorly and there is evidence which supports the wrongdoing I have done, I will ask the fellow staff member to calm down and admit to my wrongdoing and make sure that the next situation I will deal with would be in a better manner and dealt with much more properly. Once the staff member has been calmed down. From this on I will try to clear the issue that has been dealt with and for example in this situation I have given a false warning to a user, I will speak to a management member to remove the warning due to it being a false warning and then address the staff member that I have dealt with the situation and next time I will deal with the situation in a better manner.

4. Based on the previous situation, how do you go about de-escalating the situation if you in fact did not handle the staff sit poorly?

In this situation, I will deal with it the same way as above but this time instead of my being in the wrong, I am innocent, In this situation, we could say that the person I warned was the brother of a fellow staff member and in a calm manner ask the staff member to join my channel and we will discuss the issue there, In the channel, I will state the reason on why the user was warned. I provide evidence to the staff member on what the user did just say it was RDM and from their helping him understand.

5. The server is in its peak hour and you notice that many of the admins are offline or playing other games, the only staff on are yourself and two moderators. You receive multiple tickets at once requesting simulations, the resolution of a case of RDM, someone asking about donations and a request for some new troopers to be whitelisted to a job. What do you do?

In this situation, I would, first of all, make an announcement on discord stating that I would need more staff members on as there are only three in total currently, from here on out we would deal with the situation from the severity of the situation going from RDM, Simulations, Whitelist and asking about donations. Knowing that I have two Moderators, they would be able to assist me while I will deal with the situations they would not be able to deal with or would be unable to deal with due to their ULX capabilities.

6. Members of the staff team are failing to meet the standard expectations of activity and performance. How do you go about enforcing our standards and ensuring improvements are made?

I will ask the two staff members to join my channel and I will talk to them, I will state to them that they are not performing to the standard that we have placed later ask on what is happening, from here on the staff members will state on what is preventing them from staying at the standard If they state that they are burnt out.  I will say that they should take a break from the server and once they come back either say if they want to continue to be staff members on the server or relieve themselves of the position. But state that this would be their only verbal warning and if they are not able to carry their weight it would result either in a demotion or removal from the staff team. From here on out, I will keep an eye on the individuals once they come back to see either if the staff member is refreshed and starts to carry his weight, or has given up.

7. The Head Administrator is not available (LOA, ect.), and the server is having a busy night. During the course of this night you have a Staff Meeting, Staff Challenges to be submitted, and a few serious situations regarding staff behaviour towards users, and kit changes being requested by COs. How do you handle these circumstances?

In this situation, I will deal with the most important first, so In this situation just say it is around 4:00 pm on a Monday, I will first of all deal with the staff members regarding their behaviours and for them to fix it up or it would lead to worse punishments, getting that situation dealt with I will try to gather notes for the Staff meeting from here I will write down on what needs to be dealt with and mention that everyone should maintain good behaviours towards users and other members of this community as poor behaviour is not tolerated. Once this has been dealt with I will speak to the CO’s and state that they should go forward with their kit changes to the members of RHC as it is their job to deal with Kit changes and from there on they will determine if that is allowed or not allowed. Once the kit changes have been dealt with I will start working on the staff challenges, the challenges will vary on what the staff members at the time are struggling with, I will gather this information by speaking to fellow management members and ask on what they have seen the staff members do wrong and what they should improve on, Once I have gathered feedback I will list that as their challenges of the month.

Sincerely,

Bobby

• Like 4
  • +1 12

A really good staff member, he's actively engaged in the community and has jumped in our ts channels from time to time which is great to see. He gave me constructive criticism with clear points to what I could improve in my staff app where he demonstrated his clear willingness to help out as well as immense patience and knowledge.
Massive +1

For those wondering why this application is up, I will do my upmost to explain.

As staff move up higher through the ranks, the ability to work with the community and be recognized/liked abroad becomes more important. So, your responses and how they act on these responses here are very important to the final decision, given that these guys if they take the role will have a larger influence on the future of this community.

In other words, if you have a grievance with the staff putting up the app. Don't feel pressured to +1, make your concerns known because we want to make sure that all ends have been tied up before they reach the role.

Thank you for your time, and I hope you give your earnest feedback.

• Like 2
  • +1 1

For all the time I've known Bobby, I've always thought of him as someone that's very mature and capable of his role. Never has he ever done anything to put doubt to that thought. Always setting a good example for the moderators and his admin peers, he always strives to excel in whatever task he finds himself in and I've always seen him to present good results. Easy +1

• Like 1

No bias, I swear.

When me and Bobby first became staff together he would always try his best at whatever staff position he held. He was always accepting tickets and acting professional and as of recent he's been setting a great example of what a Senior Mod and Admin are supposed to see, Right now Bobby seems to be the best candidate for the Senior Admin position.
Also the applications pretty good as well so easy +1 from me

Sincerely,

Bullet B)

Bobby is someone who I've only really gotten to know over the past 7 weeks or so. My interactions with him have always been positive, he interacts with the community as a whole and doesn't stay within his little bubble of friends.

He is mature, calm, willing to help, and professional within his staffing role. Often acting quickly to resolve a situation before it esculates. I believe being a proactive staff member is important, you can't just be waiting for tickets to pop up. He isn't a bias man and is able to take everything on board before coming to a decision.

Overall, Bobby comes off a good person and capable of a leadership role within Staff.

Goodluck +1 

Edited by Nexoit
  • Like 1

I've only really had one interaction with Bobby, and this is through some mundane ticket that really turned out to be unnecessary. He could've fooled me with his standard Administrator role. I thought he was Senior with the way he carried himself, and the way he approached the situation in general. This is always a good thing in my eyes. He is 100% Senior material through personality and treatment of tickets alone, let alone if he took it upon himself to gather more responsibility within this community.

Edited by Noc
  • Like 1
  • +1 1

Bobby is one of those people I feel as though I haven't been able to engage with you as an actual person, what I mean by this he frequently answers my tickets but I haven't found myself sitting down and talking to him like I can do with any other player. I don't mean that if you don't get involved with others you do, I often see you in the teamspeak but you haven't been floating around different channels in it or atleast the public channels. This is quite a small gripe that can be considered my fault but I think it is necessary as a senior admin to occasionally talk with the newer members to make yourself known to them. I don't mean to hinder your chances at the position but it is something I suggest you can potentially work on so I will be staying neutral in this.

• Confused 1
59 minutes ago, Bongus said:

Bobby is one of those people I feel as though I haven't been able to engage with you as an actual person, what I mean by this he frequently answers my tickets but I haven't found myself sitting down and talking to him like I can do with any other player. I don't mean that if you don't get involved with others you do, I often see you in the teamspeak but you haven't been floating around different channels in it or atleast the public channels. This is quite a small gripe that can be considered my fault but I think it is necessary as a senior admin to occasionally talk with the newer members to make yourself known to them. I don't mean to hinder your chances at the position but it is something I suggest you can potentially work on so I will be staying neutral in this.

All the feedback I can get is amazing, I will try to improve and fix that issue up. Thank you

• +1 1
36 minutes ago, Siff said:

Everything I have hear from you is good and the few interactions I have had with you are positive and you have written your app showing that it took time and you really care about this community and want to make it better. But I have rarely seen you lead anyone other then ARC and you do stay in your ARC bubble and I haven't seen you work with many regiments before and mainly stick to what you know. I understand you want to help your regiment as I do the say but there a many new players  that want help with RP and Climbswep and are to scared to approach people in ARC. This isn't just you it is almost everyone in ARC I see, all I have to say I am going to stay at a neutral until I see first hand that you are helping the new or struggling player. And helping players isn't hosting open training and saying ask a ARC member if they need help,, it's going to Regimental Commanders and hosting private training for that reg and leading them in events helping them get a better under standing of what a good leader is and showing them what them what you can achieve. Also I know leading a regiment is apart of a Sergeant task for ARC but I would like to see ARC officers helping out too.

He literally led engineers for the past 2 to 3 months. and a successful one at that. (Engineers is cursed) 

Also this is a application to become senior administrator, not a promo for a co meeting. Doesn't make sense to mix the two together 

• +1 1

Bobby has made great impact in the Staff team. Let be real, Bobby is the only one who doesn't minge in ARC 😎
Joke aside, Bobby is shown as friendly staff in the community, he has keep the staff on the move, with the Moderators as well. He also been giving feedback to all Staff in the team. He has good intention with the staff team and wish do all in his powers to help the staffs and improve it.
Bobby has prove himself to the Staff team over and over again. 
I'd believe Bobby will make a different in the Staff team as Senior.

+1

Good luck with the Application, Bobby!

Bobby is largely a prominent figure around the server and deserves the role of senior admin, your responses are done well, grammar on point and I can tell a lot of effort went into the application. +1

• +1 1
10 hours ago, Siff said:

Everything I have hear from you is good and the few interactions I have had with you are positive and you have written your app showing that it took time and you really care about this community and want to make it better. But I have rarely seen you lead anyone other then ARC and you do stay in your ARC bubble and I haven't seen you work with many regiments before and mainly stick to what you know. I understand you want to help your regiment as I do the say but there a many new players  that want help with RP and Climbswep and are to scared to approach people in ARC. This isn't just you it is almost everyone in ARC I see, all I have to say I am going to stay at a neutral until I see first hand that you are helping the new or struggling player. And helping players isn't hosting open training and saying ask a ARC member if they need help,, it's going to Regimental Commanders and hosting private training for that reg and leading them in events helping them get a better under standing of what a good leader is and showing them what them what you can achieve. Also I know leading a regiment is apart of a Sergeant task for ARC but I would like to see ARC officers helping out too.

Keep in mind this is about his staffing abilities not his ability to lead and teach as a trooper.

• +1 2

Every experience I have ever had with bobby regarding staff matters and even my interactions before I was a staff member have all been positive, from when I was a rial mod up to now hes always been there offering help where its needed. He shows great leadership capabilities which is great to see. I believe Bobby would make an excellent senior admin. +1

From joining the Staff team roughly the same time as you, I have had constant experiences with you as you have grown from a Moderator, to the now defunct position of Senior Moderator, to Admin. Throughout your Senior Mod phase, I saw you going above and beyond what was expected of you. You were constantly pushing your mod buddy with increasingly harder Fake Sits, and you were always taking charge of the Moderator meetings. When the next wave of Senior Moderators came after you, I saw you trying to hand the reins on while still make sure that everything was going well. That behaviour of not just leaving the Senior Mod position to the next person, but instead being with them and helping them in a new environment, is what I personally expect Senior Administrators should do and is something you are already capable of. You have the public speaking skills and the self-assurance you need to take charge of troublesome situations, as well as enabling you to lead meetings between other members of staff with grace and fluidity. A small minor note is that while you are friendly and outgoing member of the community, and well liked by most, I don't really see you venture out of the ARC channels. While I am seeing you move around more in TS, it would be great to see that behaviour remain consistent.

You have the experience a Senior Admin should have, and you have the leadership qualities to be effective. As such, I will be giving a +1 for Bobby's Senior Administrator application.

No bias i swear :~)

Probably one of the most mature staff members on gateway right now, you've always had qualities of a leader and the way you act amongst all members of the community should be an example for the staffing team. You (for the most part) try to engage with the rest of the community which is a great quality for this position. 

The app is very well detailed and nothing really more to say. +1 from me

You were my buddy in my 2nd T-mod phase, when I was feeling like I wasn't doing enough and worried I wasn't gonna get in, you always assured me it would be fine. You kept up the pace with the fake sits, the feedback and just helping me whenever I needed it or whenever I asked for it. You're very mature and unbiased, like Buck said you lead very well. Whenever someone has a problem you always help them no matter what and you do your best to do it. Easy +1 from me Bobby. Good luck.

• Coric locked this topic