Buck :)

Buck's Trial Event Master Application

Buck's Clone Wars Event Master Application

p96Bf1J2f854y67i4B938mEkvsB7xIGmdbJDAW9-Y3BAT0ru3TMpHZfhj3f89-8Aerr8NdbFM-EIxSLZSGAhDoMrZzzaEmSiJIYFxWm3HZfwREcAZuihwEbLOuq0TGE93OpsPnIK

Before applying for event master make sure you understand that you must agree with everything in this thread, These are the rules. Remember at gateway gaming we care for the players above all, Passion takes you further than anything else. You may ask players to post their opinions on your application. Begging for +1's will give you a negative reputation. To all players +1'ing remember your +1 must have context and a reason as to why you as giving your +1. Jokes are also not tolerated.

Pre-requisites:

You must be already active. 

You must be calm and know how to handle stressful situations as an admin you will get stressed, a lot.

You will need to participate in events and in some circumstances, Do events. As well as sits. 

You must be 14 years or older, or very mature. 

You must understand that your rank can be taken from you at any time. 

You agree that you will participate in play on the server at least every other day for longer then an hour or two.

You must understand that as a Trial or otherwise Junior EM, you will be restricted on what you will be allowed to do on word of Senior/High staff, and disrespect to this fact will have consequences. 

You must understand that you may not get Admin when applying

You must always be aware of event slot times and be active for them 

You must remember that when you apply for event master that whilst this role may receive the Event Master ulx rank, it is not admin.

Basic Information

Steam Name: ✪BuckYou 

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:77854339

In game alias: ARC Lieutenant 2nd Grade | A-99 'Buck'

Time Played: 2500+ Hours

Questions:

How will you bring new and creative event ideas to the server?:

I provide the community creative and engaging events that will enhance their roleplay experience.

Have you participated in many of our Events?:

Yes 

Are you familiar with Gmod's wide range of NPC tools?:

Yes, I have extensive experience with Gmod NPC Tools 

Name 3 tools that are at an Event Masters disposal within events and leave a small comment detailing each of their uses:

1. Advanced Duplicator 2: Advanced Duplicator tools are used to copy and paste multiple props at once, it also provides Event Masters (EM's) the ability to deploy their preset for events nearly instantly. (To reduce lag, paste dupes with constraints)
2. NPC No Target:  NPC No target allows users to disable targetting from AI, this will allow players to run through hostile AI and inhibits NPC's on shooting or targetting the player.
3. Creator Tool: Creator Tool is used to spawn down Props, Entities and NPCs through the users tool gun. This is used by EM's to quickly spawn in NPC's or Entities

Are you aware of how much a Gmod server can take or how unstable Gmod truly is?:

Yes, experience from being a ex Backup Event Master  

Do you understand that you are not allowed to abuse your ULX rank outside of events? Provide 3 examples detailing different situations that would be considered abuse:

1. Providing Players Weapons/Entities that are not designated to them.

2. Picking up players with the physgun without a justified reason

3. Spawning entities/props that have the ability to crash the server. (e.g Davy Crocket Entity)

Do you have any event experience? e.g. played a key character in an event before:

As a ex server staff, I ran backup events and operations frequently. In addition to this, I have created a video trailer for @Andy's Beast Campaign and am currently in the process of making another event trailer.

On a scale of 1-10, how much lore knowledge do you have?:

On a scale of 1-10, how familiar are you with ulx commands?:

Make a comment regarding the recent events on our server and how they have inspired you to become an event master:

The most recent and memorable Event I participated in was @Sloth's Time Travel event, and with the addition of the recent operations that were conducted by server staff. This has inspired me to become an Event Master. 

Do you understand that most events rely mainly on improvisation and mainly nothing goes to plan (ever)?:

Yes. When hosting operations, and backup events. I would improvise the majority of it and play off what players wanted. 

How confident are you in providing briefings, debriefings, and in ensuring you're able to direct players throughout your events?:

I have played multiple advisory roles in events. I am somewhat confident in communicating during events/briefings 

Scenarios: 

1. An event doesn't go to plan and General Grievous is crushed by an elevator. Players are laughing at you. What do you do?

Improvise. Play it off as if nothing has happened and if possible merge it into the event. For example, since Grevious was in the elevator (on his death). As the advisor, I would use the VoiceAmp Weapon to tell all players that General Grevious went through the elevator vent and is moving towards another direction (As I communicate this, I would Teleport the Event Character to a different location) This would not only merge into the event but also integrate it into the story/arc of the event.

2. A user is bad mouthing your events. How do you react?

If a user is bad-mouthing during my event in OOC chat or through Private Messages, I would take note of the comment and respond to it once the event is over. This is done as hosting events require the EM's full attention and focus. And feedback can be responded to once the event is over. 

In the case that the user bad-mouths the event during debrief or post-event, I would take the feedback and write it down on a sticky note to remember what I would need to do next time to avoid that same mistake.

3. You have to go AFK in the middle of an event you are running and there are no backups available. What should you have done to avoid this?

In the case that I have to AFK mid-way through the event, I would utilise @ chat (admin chat) or Teamspeak/Discord to ask other Event Masters or Server Staff to spawn down NPC's for players to shoot at. This would give the players something to do in my absence and not keep them bored.

To avoid such scenarios, It would be best to plan out my time before booking the event. This would reduce the need for going AFK during events. 

4. Players and a few staff members are complaining about the amount of lag they're dealing with during your event. How do you resolve this?

Before hosting events, to reduce lag, it would be wise to limit the amount of props in dupes to reduce the amount of items there are in the server. In addition to this, I could also utilise Passive Roleplay through EC's to reduce the amount of Lag. To reduce the amount of lag during an event, It would be best to delete as many unneeded props as possible. The next step of action would be to delete NPC's

To conclude your app. you are required to create and design your own event. This includes planets, maps and stage actions. Include lots of detail in your event design. You are required to involve PassiveRP elements.

Buck's Event Concept: 

unnamed.thumb.jpg.61c48b20b6383d1f2d75d8659db091d4.jpg

Link: // https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kSXm0CVv7DiAduVeyf0WCF4c8mP0NjHdhuxEq64rEh0/edit?usp=sharing //

• Like 3
  • +1 12

Posted (edited)

I've known Buck to be someone that's mature and responsible in all the roles I've seen him in. He's hosted operations for ARC and RC and they've been of good quality. His responses in this application show that he's indeed serious about taking on the role which I believe he would excel in. The thing that absolutely seals the deal for me is the event concept itself. It shows an extraordinary amount of effort being put into a thoroughly thought out event concept. For these reasons I can happily leave a positive endorsement. +1

Edited by Centurion
  • Thanks 1

Easiest +1 I can give.
Buck has proven himself as a capable EM plenty of times in the past during his previous time within staff housing the sub-role of Backup EM. He has made plenty of creative events and is always aiming to create enjoyment for the players on the server no matter when or what it is.

I personally believe Bucks ability would shine the best as that of an EM as he does put his all into creating interactive and enjoyable scenarios for the players and genuinely seems to enjoy himself when doing so. He has the passion for it and the capability for the position and is a very active and invested member within the community and I believe he deserves the chance to prove himself in the staffing side of things once again. :~)

Good luck Mr Buck.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I don't like events, but whenever Buck put a bit of his own flair into a mini event or backup event, I actually had fun, nuff said.

+1

• Angry React 1
  • Love 1

Can say without a doubt Buck has a LOT of experience when it comes to events on the server, he has created a reputation for being creative when it comes to operations and his past mini-events. He does a great job of preparing and is never short from making a unique event. This is clearly seen by his event above. Anyone who can remember Bucks events and operations know that they are always unique and enjoyable. 

Posted (edited)

Buck was one of the best operation coordinators out there and he has a ton of experience overall on the server and just being generally creative. The application itself is well written, easy to read and perfectly detailed.

good luck monkey +1

maxresdefault (1).png

Edited by Jarvis
  • Thanks 1

Buck used to run the BEST operations I have ever participated in when he was a staff member. His app is great and his event plan is fantastic. If you don't accept this man you are missing out on a great EM. 

345659441_Humungous1.jpg.730f9b5f1b5d991fb3194fbc7531c7df.jpg

• Thanks 1

Anyone that's worked with Buck knows that when Buck has made operations they have been amazing. He was a former backup EM and taught me a couple of tricks which helped me out a lot when I ran an event and some operations, dude loves making operations and events as well. Well made application and all around great bloke.

easy +1

• Like 1

Given you're one of the most creative people on this server, I really do not have any doubt in my mind you could do some really outstanding events, the document being testament to it. My current concern is what will happen between event times, you have gathered a reputation as being a minge that I feel still hasn't dissipated.

I'll do my upmost to keep an eye on your actions over the following weeks and hopefully refute my own point, but I hope you at the same time make a further conscious effort to prove you're good for the role.

Not in the business of + or -1's, but best of luck with the application Buck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Shocker 1
  • +1 2

Accepted, welcome to the EM team.

• Like 1
  • Shocker 1