Red = Questions

Do you have Teamspeak 3 Installed?

Yes.

Do you enjoy helping other people?

Yes.

Are you willing to test your stress?

Of course.

Age? (Minimum of 14 years of age.): 

List your current playtime (Minimum of 80 Hours): (Click Here)

340 Hours.

Are you willing to learn new ways to approach situations?

Definitely 

Do you have any active warns?

No.

Do you have a problem with any of our current staff members?

Nope.

Requirements:

Steam ID:

Steam Profile Link:

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198294730927/

Current in game alias / rank:

Lieutenant Captain Cabur

How known are you on a scale of 1-10 (10 being everyone knows you):

How will you becoming a moderator make an impact on the community?

I believe if I become a moderator, I will always  be available to the community and solve any problem that comes to me, no matter how easy or how hard the problem is and i'll do my absolute best to solve it.

Do you believe you're able to deal with individuals and situations in a completely unbiased manner?

Absolutely, I would hear both sides of the story and decide on a responsible answer.

Do you use our Teamspeak server often?

Rarely, I do jump on when I wanna talk with people or do ops with arc. 

Do you understand that as a member of the Staff Team, your position may be subject to change and / or termination should you not be performing to the degree stipulated?

Yes sir.

Situations:

1. A user is RDMing and insulting other users. You are the only staff available to deal with the situation. What do you do?

What I would do is to check !logs just to be sure i am getting the right person and check how many he has killed. After that I would go to an isolated place using !administrate and bring the person who was rdming. I would !bring (name) and freeze them with my physgun. I would then ask "Why are you Rdming and insulting other players?" If he is rdming and insulting other players purposely just to ruin the experience of other players, I would give him a !warn (name) RDM  X (How many people he has killed) | Player disrespect or a !warn (name) Mass rdm (if he has killed more than 2) | Player disrespect Then I would say "Stop rdming and play the game properly. If you continue to do this i'll have to ban you." and !return (name). If I do witness him do it again, I would go a isolated place using !administrate and !bring (name). I would then say "Hey dude I have seen you rdm another player and insult other players. I'm going to have to ban you." With that being said, I would then type, !ban (name) 1d Rdm | Player disrespect | Not listening to Staff. On the other hand, if it was accidental and it was a valid reason, I would tell him "Hey just don't do it again, this will be your first and last verbal warning. Also stop disrespecting other players. If you need any help, do a /ticket and ill come and help you."

2. A user has contested a warn you have given him and proceeds to verbally abuse you, what do you do?

If he is verbally abusing me near a public area, I would !administrate and find a place where it's isolated and after that I would !bring (name). Then I would ask him "Why do you believe my warn was unfair?" I would let him explain and if I feel like he is verbally abusing me during the explanation, I would then say, "Please just explain and try not to put some insults in your explanation as it's Player disrespect and I don't like it, this is your first and final warning and if you continue it would lead to a kick and then a ban if you keep it going." After his explanation, I would ask "Would you like to talk to a higher up to see if I was unfair about the warn?" If he does accept, I would ask one of my higher ups in admin chat to join the sit. If the higher up believes I was unfair about the warn, I would say, "I'm sorry dude,  I will remove your warn right away." On the other hand, if my higher up believes it wasn't unfair, I would add "If you still think it's unfair, you can always write an appeal in the fourms."  Then do a !return (name).  If he continues the player disrespect me, I would then !kick (name) Player Disrespect | Refused to listen to staff. If he does it again I would, !ban (name) 1d Player Direspect | Refused to listen to staff.

3. A user has threatened to DDos and take down the server. What do you do?

I would have to act very quickly, as DDos threats are not taken lightly. I would instantly do a !ban (Permantly) (Name) DDOS Threat. Then i would give the chat logs by typing in !logs and send it to my higher ups to prove that he did say he was going to DDos the server just in case he would make a post about his ban and lie about it.

4. A Commander and Lieutenant are arguing in front of debrief. It is getting quite heated. The context to the argument is unknown to you. What do you do?

I would !administrate and find a isolated place away from debrief. I would have to bring both those players and type in !bring (Commander) and !bring (Lieutenant) . I would then ask "Hey what are you guys fighting about?" As they explain their situation to me i reply back, "Okay well I suggest finishing this argument or take this argument to pms or discord/Teamspeak because it is disrupting the debrief and causing a scene. Lastly, this does not look good on yous. You both are high ranking players and is supposed to represent the server in a better way. " I would then !return (Commander) and !return (Lieutenant) And if I witness them again I would !kick (Both players) Stop disrupting debrief | Finish this in pms/voice call. If this does continue I would !ban (Both players) 2h Please cool off and finish this in pms/voice call.

5. A Cadet has been complaining and wandering around because he hasn't been trained yet. He doesn't appear to have any intent to role play. What do you do?

I would go to the cadet room and type in "SGT + to train this cadet please, i'll bring you here" and if someone does want to train him I would !bring (SGT) to the cadet and let him train him. If the SGT is experiencing problems training the cadet I would go to the cadet and type in !goto (Cadet). I would then ask "Why are you making this difficult?" If I see that he is not intended to role play and is just mucking around, I would !warn (Player) NITRP and explain to him "Hey dude lets just get this training over and done with and you can play the game properly." If the NITRP attitude continues, i would !ban (name) NITRP. On the other hand if no SGT + responds I would !bring (Random SGT)  and ask them "Hey dude i picked you at random to train this cadet, Please train this cadet so he can go on to play properly." After that I would explain to the cadet that this SGT will train you and if it's seen that he is intended to roleplay, no warns/bans will be given out . If not I would have to ban him for one day using, !ban (Cadet) 1d NITRP

Thanks for reading! 

Edited by Kandy
1 hour ago, Kandy said:

Rarely, i do jump on when i wanna talk with people or do ops with arc.

Before i leave my +1 and -1, i do would like to see you on TS more often. It's not a huge deal but in my opinion, it is also a very great way to interact with others. It's true i barely see you on TS, but just pop in and say Hi or something every now and then. That's just my 2 cents. I do see you in-game a lot and you have interacted with me more then a few times, so that's good. Other than that, steer clear of any really mingey behavior. so it'll be a neutral from me (for now).

Just now, Snickerss said:

Before i leave my +1 and -1, i do would like to see you on TS more often. It's not a huge deal but in my opinion, it is also a very great way to interact with others. It's true i barely see you on TS, but just pop in and say Hi or something every now and then. That's just my 2 cents. I do see you in-game a lot and you have interacted with me more then a few times, so that's good. Other than that, steer clear of any really mingey behavior. so it'll be a neutral from me (for now).

Thats an act agree, Ill be popping up in teamspeak more often, Thx for the feedback!

Cabur himself is not really nice to many people, he handles situations usually by swearing at you and immediately getting quick to anger. If this is how he would handle sits that would not be what Management would want. Cabur does not have a microphone, but that will not affect my feedback its just a factor that you should have. I do not notice you and see you on Team speak or communicating with others trying to build relationships with other parties.

The application needs more information the first three questions are just a yes, add some description on why its a yes. Being an Moderator is talking with other players and representing the Management team.

So for now its a -1

Try and work on it and my feedback may change.

16 minutes ago, Shush said:

Cabur himself is not really nice to many people, he handles situations usually by swearing at you and immediately getting quick to anger. If this is how he would handle sits that would not be what Management would want. Cabur does not have a microphone, but that will not affect my feedback its just a factor that you should have. I do not notice you and see you on Team speak or communicating with others trying to build relationships with other parties.

The application needs more information the first three questions are just a yes, add some description on why its a yes. Being an Moderator is talking with other players and representing the Management team.

So for now its a -1

Try and work on it and my feedback may change.

Oh no i do have a microphone im just scared i might stutter in important situations or normal situations, (Performance Anxiety) But ya in the past as i first started to play i did lash out of people for no appropriate reason. Im sorry you feel that way, but i do think i am reformed and ill def working on trying to resolve situations more better appropriately.  My bad if you had a bad experience, and i am sorry because of it.

Edited by Kandy

However offtopic my previous response was, your moderator app is detailed and somewhat easy to read. Your usage of your microphone is understandable but a mic is an essential tool for staffing as people will take someone more serious if they are talking compared to waiting for them to type. As stated by Darkai, your previous actions have lead to a negative portrayal of your character but I have seen an overall improvement as you progressed and manage your RC squad. One bit of advice I would recommend is getting yourself and your squad in TS abit more and just interact with the community on the TS, get yourself out there abit more. It will be a neutral from me for now but I have high hopes you can improve and I can change this to a +1.

Good luck big man.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Tesla said:

However offtopic my previous response was, your moderator app is detailed and somewhat easy to read. Your usage of your microphone is understandable but a mic is an essential tool for staffing as people will take someone more serious if they are talking compared to waiting for them to type. As stated by Darkai, your previous actions have lead to a negative portrayal of your character but I have seen an overall improvement as you progressed and manage your RC squad. One bit of advice I would recommend is getting yourself and your squad in TS abit more and just interact with the community on the TS, get yourself out there abit more. It will be a neutral from me for now but I have high hopes you can improve and I can change this to a +1.

Good luck big man.

Thx Tesla I will be using my mic from now on and use teamspeak more often, I hope i can change your mind after my changes. Thanks!

Okay, so first thing is. Run this through a word document, capitalizing your I's and knowing when to use a full stop really brings a good application together.

11 hours ago, Kandy said:

Rarely, i do jump on when i wanna talk with people or do ops with arc.

I've seen you abit, but I've said this once and I will say it a million times. YOU MUST USE TEAMSPEAK IF YOU WANT TO JOIN STAFF. The key thing is here, if nobody knows you nobody can judge who you are or what your character is like. The staff cannot vote on you if they do not know you.

A good thing you've done however is not coming off as condescending. We're here to make sure everyone has fun, not tell them off, and I think you captured that pretty well.

In summary, clean up the grammar. Get your presence out there because I think an 8, is far reach especially within the staff team.

Hope this helps, best of luck.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Coric said:

Okay, so first thing is. Run this through a word document, capitalizing your I's and knowing when to use a full stop really brings a good application together.

I've seen you abit, but I've said this once and I will say it a million times. YOU MUST USE TEAMSPEAK IF YOU WANT TO JOIN STAFF. The key thing is here, if nobody knows you nobody can judge who you are or what your character is like. The staff cannot vote on you if they do not know you.

A good thing you've done however is not coming off as condescending. We're here to make sure everyone has fun, not tell them off, and I think you captured that pretty well.

In summary, clean up the grammar. Get your presence out there because I think an 8, is far reach especially within the staff team.

Hope this helps, best of luck.

Aye Aye big man, I have been using teamspeak with my squad during events and joining some channels to get myself out there and i will try to fix up the grammar. Thx Coric!

My original experiences with you were rather mixed. You came across as just a little hard headed and I didn't have the best opinions at first. I can't put my finger on it, but that was my original vibe I got from you.

However I discovered that's just because I hadn't had any interactions with you before then. After a few greets, a minor interactions, you were easier to get along with than I originally thought.

I believe if you keep self aware, and you keep acting with the servers best intentions in mind - you could make for an able Moderator. You've my support.

Edited by Noc
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Noc said:

My original experiences with you were rather mixed. You came across as just a little hard headed and I didn't have the best opinions at first. I can't put my finger on it, but that was my original vibe I got from you.

However I discovered that's just because I hadn't had any interactions with you before then. After a few greets, a minor interactions, you were easier to get along with than I originally thought.

I believe if you keep self aware, and you keep acting with the servers best intentions in mind - you could make for an able Moderator. You've my support.

Thats good to hear noc, Thanks for the feedback and making our bunks haha. Hope you do pass the delta trainee and make more of our bunks!

• Love 1

Hey @Kandy,

Your activity at the moment is, from Gametracker, 28 hours in the past week and looking pretty consistent daily, which is a good thing. However, I don't believe I have seen you much in TS. While this may just be me, getting your activity up in TS allows for the staff team to understand you in regards to character and attitude, and allows the community to get to know you as well. I haven't had many experiences with you, but the ones I have had have been really positive. For instance, when one of your RC squad-mates did a bad thing, you apologised on behalf of him and said you would be making sure that behaviour doesn't happen again. This interaction I had with you shows me you are a mature player who takes the server rules seriously, and is a positive reflection of your character. 

In regards to your application:

On 4/6/2020 at 12:46 PM, Kandy said:

If he does accept, I would ask one of my higher ups in admin chat to join the sit.

I really liked how you put these one or two sentences regarding how you would ask a Higher Up to come assist you and provide a second opinion. You based your decision to get a higher-ranking staff member not on your own opinions of whether your warn was valid, but their opinion, and is something that should always be done. Your application itself has a neat legend / key, as well as with little / no spelling, grammar errors, with only a few punctuation errors. Your responses are well fleshed out and make sense, with concise answers to the given questions. 

However, I would love to have more interactions with you, both in Teamspeak and in-game. Until then, I am at a Neutral opinion regarding your application, leaning towards a +1

2 hours ago, Khai said:

Hey @Kandy,

Your activity at the moment is, from Gametracker, 28 hours in the past week and looking pretty consistent daily, which is a good thing. However, I don't believe I have seen you much in TS. While this may just be me, getting your activity up in TS allows for the staff team to understand you in regards to character and attitude, and allows the community to get to know you as well. I haven't had many experiences with you, but the ones I have had have been really positive. For instance, when one of your RC squad-mates did a bad thing, you apologised on behalf of him and said you would be making sure that behaviour doesn't happen again. This interaction I had with you shows me you are a mature player who takes the server rules seriously, and is a positive reflection of your character. 

In regards to your application:

I really liked how you put these one or two sentences regarding how you would ask a Higher Up to come assist you and provide a second opinion. You based your decision to get a higher-ranking staff member not on your own opinions of whether your warn was valid, but their opinion, and is something that should always be done. Your application itself has a neat legend / key, as well as with little / no spelling, grammar errors, with only a few punctuation errors. Your responses are well fleshed out and make sense, with concise answers to the given questions. 

However, I would love to have more interactions with you, both in Teamspeak and in-game. Until then, I am at a Neutral opinion regarding your application, leaning towards a +1

Thx for the feedback khai! I have been jumping on ts but not on other channels. I'll try to jump on ts with non- pte so I can get my self out there. I have been on my Aquila ts with my squad and it's really different then discord haha. See you soon!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Coric locked this topic