Spirit

Map Rotation Voting Thread

Vote here  

97 members have voted

1. 1. What maps do you want to see in the new rotation?

• Venator GG v5
    • Tatooine Base
    • Anaxes
    • Coruscant Base
    • Venator Cydi v1
    • Baocarro Outpost

Hello everyone,

Management have been getting some complaints as of late regarding the current Map Rotation on the Clone Wars Server. The easiest way to rectify this problem, and create a rotation that can please the most players is to hold a vote. This thread contains a poll, and a short description of all the maps available to choose from (In case you haven't played on some of these before). The rotation will consist of 1 or 2 base maps and a venator.

Option 1: GG Venator v5

• Custom built Venator Star Destroyer with a Jedi Temple located inside a nearby Asteroid, Fully decked out Navy Floor, PvP Room, Citadel and Training Rooms.

Option 2: Tatooine Base

• A Republic Base map set during the night on the world of Tatooine. Has a large walled compound with Hangars, Training Yard, Command Centre, Bunks, Airbase, PvP rooms, a small citadel, Jedi Cave and Temple (Although it's very metallic for a Jedi temple), external compound and a small town ruled by the Hutt Clan.

Option 3: Anaxes Base

• Anaxes base map inside a cliff face with airfield, Crystal Caves, outlying compounds and plenty of space to explore outside the base.

Option 4: Baocarro Outpost (Rishi Moon)

• A base map surrounded by thick forests and lakes set during a misty night. Houses a Jedi Temple in a nearby mountain, Command Center, various outlying buildings and lots of space for training.

Option 5: Coruscant Base

• The iconic Republic Military Base located on Coruscant. Large, various rooms for RP usage, training spaces, etc.

Option 6: Venator Cydi v1 (New version made by @Servius)

• Venator map with very good looking Jedi Temple, various RP rooms such as Generators, Life Support, Naval Bridge etc. Citadel, plenty of training room spaces.

• Like 1

Will there ever be a replacement for Baocarro Outpost? Its a great base layout but i feel as if there are much better options on the steam workshop.

1 minute ago, Frosty_ said:

Will there ever be a replacement for Baocarro Outpost? Its a great base layout but i feel as if there are much better options on the steam workshop.

That same map design has been going since the dawn. I remember playing on the original rishi moon base back when Jay P first started with colossal. That map is probably almost as old as the venators, doubt it'll ever be changed too drastically. 

1 hour ago, Kruger (Mikey) said:

I remember playing on the original rishi moon base back when Jay P first started with colossal.

no you don’t

36A97FDB-E5BF-452F-B113-1B5C35D12200.thumb.jpeg.a42fbfbead5c1554144f1caee9a63355.jpeg

Lmao, I swear my old server had the 'Jedi Temple Asteroid' thing done for their custom map first, then being replicated on other server. I feel like chucking in the Tatooine map could definitely add some variety for RP, in regards to dealing with other factions and civilian.

• Like 1

Personally I really dislike almost all the venators, partly because they're annoying to get around but mainly because of how you can't really go outside and do operations. I just love the maps like Jania and Anaxes because you can send out patrols and create some really fun RP outside of the base which is harder to do on a venator.
Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Spirit said:

Option 6: Venator Cydi v1

• Venator map with very good looking Jedi Temple, various RP rooms such as Generators, Life Support, Naval Bridge etc. Citadel, plenty of training room spaces.

Would just like to put out there that this is an updated version made by @Servius

3 hours ago, s8n said:

no you don’t

36A97FDB-E5BF-452F-B113-1B5C35D12200.thumb.jpeg.a42fbfbead5c1554144f1caee9a63355.jpeg

Best map to ever exist might make 30 forum accounts to boost the cause.

I know its late and most of yall have already cast your votes. I wasn't aware of the poll being sent out. Ling and I will be doing updates to the Cydi Venator based on requests. So even while its in the rotation issues and additions will be fixed and added. 
image.png.dc771131480100475b735d3accf52850.png
Here is whats planned for the upcoming V2 addition of the map. 
If your wondering what the Cydi Venator Serv V1 looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/7F9evNU

• Retextured the walls
  • Removed Pipes from the walls
  • Added shields to medical facility as seen on Anaxes. 
  • Updated "Checkpoint" function shields to be red instead of blue. 
  • Removed kill box in the moon poll. If its closed you wont die if you jump down. 
  • Swapped a single model in the jedi area. They didnt have any suggestions to submit before V1 released. 

20200220212526_1.jpg

20200220212536_1.jpg

20200220212549_1.jpg

20200220212555_1.jpg

20200220212558_1.jpg

20200220212607_1.jpg

20200220212610_1.jpg

20200220212624_1.jpg

20200220212643_1.jpg

20200220212649_1.jpg

20200220212707_1.jpg

20200220212731_1.jpg

Edited by Servius
Images because embed doesnt work.

1 hour ago, Servius said:

I know its late and most of yall have already cast your votes. I wasn't aware of the poll being sent out. Ling and I will be doing updates to the Cydi Venator based on requests. So even while its in the rotation issues and additions will be fixed and added. 
image.png.dc771131480100475b735d3accf52850.png
Here is whats planned for the upcoming V2 addition of the map. 
If your wondering what the Cydi Venator Serv V1 looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/7F9evNU

• Retextured the walls
  • Removed Pipes from the walls
  • Added shields to medical facility as seen on Anaxes. 
  • Updated "Checkpoint" function shields to be red instead of blue. 
  • Removed kill box in the moon poll. If its closed you wont die if you jump down. 
  • Swapped a single model in the jedi area. They didnt have any suggestions to submit before V1 released. 

20200220212526_1.jpg

20200220212536_1.jpg

20200220212549_1.jpg

20200220212555_1.jpg

20200220212558_1.jpg

20200220212607_1.jpg

20200220212610_1.jpg

20200220212624_1.jpg

20200220212643_1.jpg

20200220212649_1.jpg

20200220212707_1.jpg

20200220212731_1.jpg

You should focus your development on the new venator map in the works, just my opinion 

• Like 1
  • Shocker 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/21/2020 at 10:51 PM, Hacketty said:

Bruh where is my Venator Extensive.

Venator Extensive is insane bro. Too bad there are no AU servers that use it :(

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

Venator Extensive is insane bro. Too bad there are no AU servers that use it 😞

It was in rotation for GG last month, but Spirit be wildin not putting it in again

38 minutes ago, Hacketty said:

It was in rotation for GG last month, but Spirit be wildin not putting it in again

All i could ever ask for is Venator Extensive on a friday or saturday night...

6 hours ago, Hacketty said:

Venator Extensive has been used for a while and a lot of people don't enjoy playing it, it's time to spice it up and use something different

• Like 4
  • Thinking 1

3 hours ago, Rippa said:

Venator Extensive has been used for a while and a lot of people don't enjoy playing it, it's time to spice it up and use something different

At least put it in the vote tho.
If people dont enjoy it, it wont get voted for.

If people do enjoy it, it will

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Rippa said:

Defeats the purpose of a vote 🥴🥴

Edited by Nexoit
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Rippa said:

a lot of people don't enjoy playing it

Believe it or not there are people who dislike every map on that poll. Unless a map has a severe flaw and the staff team deem it "unplayable" and not just a little community backlash it should be at least an option for the community. At the end of the day its your job to put the community interest first and when its as simple as adding 1 map to a poll I dont see an issue.

Obviously its too late to make changes now, but for future reference at least provide a solid reason as to why the community dosent even get the option to try and vote/support something they think would make their time on your server more enjoyable.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 2

On 2/20/2020 at 11:06 PM, Cuffs said:

You should focus your development on the new venator map in the works, just my opinion 

Ling is the one working on that, not me.

Despite working on several different projects I still have time to split among projects and a lot of the time working on one map will give me ideas for another. By branching out to several different maps I have ended up learning a lot more about mapping in general. In some cases I am only choosing to work on something because on paper they shouldn't take much work at all to complete. Changing a texture there or adding a new wall to split a room into two or most other activities aren't massive time commitments in of themselves. As long as the list isnt long I can generally check boxes off hose lists one at a time in smaller 10-15 minute periods which fit well into my day. 

I am able to jump from project to project to avoid getting bored or tired fo the activity. As Ive said doing this also helps me have moments of inspiration. 

On 2/21/2020 at 4:51 AM, Hacketty said:

Bruh where is my Venator Extensive.

Best Venator for Navy tbh

I intend to add the missing Navy features that are present on extensive. It already has the hyperspace features but I will also be reworking the command deck to more useful. @JamWay reached out to me and asked about answering the major issues with this section of the ship.

If @Chunky is still CG CO it would be helpful to have requests submitted for the CG areas as well. 

4 hours ago, Servius said:

Ling is the one working on that, not me.

Despite working on several different projects I still have time to split among projects and a lot of the time working on one map will give me ideas for another. By branching out to several different maps I have ended up learning a lot more about mapping in general. In some cases I am only choosing to work on something because on paper they shouldn't take much work at all to complete. Changing a texture there or adding a new wall to split a room into two or most other activities aren't massive time commitments in of themselves. As long as the list isnt long I can generally check boxes off hose lists one at a time in smaller 10-15 minute periods which fit well into my day. 

I am able to jump from project to project to avoid getting bored or tired fo the activity. As Ive said doing this also helps me have moments of inspiration. 

I intend to add the missing Navy features that are present on extensive. It already has the hyperspace features but I will also be reworking the command deck to more useful. @JamWay reached out to me and asked about answering the major issues with this section of the ship.

If @Chunky is still CG CO it would be helpful to have requests submitted for the CG areas as well. 

I do appreciate that Servius, Anything you can do to improve the bridges will be great. Keen to see what you do 😄